Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private {Frigga} Weird Friends

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
3.75 years
Height: 28 in
AP: 68AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110 lbs

{Frigga} Weird Friends

Xewk Lanġas

Aren't you tired tryin' to fill that void?
Or do you need more?
Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?

Xewk just finished dragging a total of three deer, four rabbits, and five fish to the kitchens before headed out to Saffron Meadow. He was a bit ambitious with his number count for the day, but the hunting did take his mind off of everything else for awhile. Xewk’s body was sore from the hunting and he was covered in the blood of his kills, there was no sense in cleaning himself after each kill though. He may as well just get everything done for the day, then take a bath at the end. He mindlessly walked forward through the meadow until a familiar scent caught his nose stopping him in his tracks. He sniffed around, and the smell hit him again. This whole place was filled with the scent of herbs of many different kinds as well as a strange mix of both male and female smells. A smirk came to his face as he knew whose scent this was, "Helu, of course you would get distracted by herbs…” That african wild dog was absolutely obsessed with anything having to deal with food and herbs. They were a chef after all, and this one was born and raised in a damn kitchen, literally.

Helu must be close then to have such a strong scent in this area. Xewk kept sniffing around and found a scent trail leading off. He followed the trail which lead him to a tree. On the ground at the base of the tree was dozen and dozens of herbs arranged all over the place. Well, that settles it, he obviously found Helu’s sleeping spot. What a strange dog to make their bedding out of herbs. Xewk shook his head and laid down on his side near what he would describe to be a ‘nest’. He may as well wait for his friend to return, knowing Helu they were probably off picking more herbs or something. Xewk’s tail flicked back and forth as he waited.

He walks. | "He talks." | He thinks. | Magic
stock by FairieGoodMother & CastleGraphics

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Frigga
Female
Verja Queen
A. wild dog
© Amelia
3.25 (11.25) years
Height: 26 in
AP: 125AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 83 lbs

RE: {Frigga} Weird Friends

Frigga used thermometer to cool the water on the leaves as she walked her garden, taking care to ensure the sun didn't burn her plants. She'd been using water magic to tend to her garden since she'd discovered it. Without intending to, jet activated and nearly hit one of her plants. She startled, flooded with relief that she hadn't harmed the aloe vera in her path. Nutrient activated on the plant, as if in apology, as she turned away from her garden.

As she exited the garden, she noticed a little burrow. No doubt some critter lived within it and desired to nibble on her plants. Smiling to herself, she attempted to use dreamwalker, seeing if she could find someone sleeping within. Either the power had failed or no one was within it, so she turned away and continued walking.

When her attention returned to her surroundings, she realized she was walking the border of the meadow. Then, a familiar scent. Xewk? She frowned and, after a moment of indecision, she walked after the scent. Her back legs ached, so she used teleport to 'port herself across the river and into the meadow. As she re-appeared, invisibility and light shield activated, startling her. It was odd to be invisible when she hadn't intended it, but the power ended relatively quickly.

She shook off the surprise and was on her way. Luckily, she found Xewk within view. Suspicion made her tense, but she hid it behind a diplomatic mask. "Greetings," she said, whisper carrying her words to his ears as she came to a pause near him (attempting to face him). She raised a brow at the lounging cat, eyeing the herbs near him. "How do you fair today?" she asked instead of asking why are you surrounded by plants?

Action | "Speech." | 'Thought.' | Element
stock images taken by Mathias Appel.

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Or do you need more?

Xewk was relaxing when a he heard a noise of someone nearby. His ears perked and his head lifted off the ground and moved in the direction of the sound. “Helu?” The noise however did not belong to Helu. It was Frigga, the duchess. He was a bit let down that it wasn’t his friend Helu, but he did not let it show. Alla was entertaining to talk to after all. He gave her a friendly smile as she greeted him, “Still way too formal. I need to fix that, at least around me.” She did give an odd look as she asked how his day was. Ah.. right, he is laying in piles of herbs. This probably looks odd, oh well, he should make light of it.

His voice, while still rough had a Maltesian accent. His words spoken in a friendly and playful tone, "Hello Alla Frigga. I am doing well. I hope you are in good spirits as well. You seem to have an uncanny ability to find me covered in blood. Please tell me that is not considered a magical ability here. Would you care to join me in the herb nest?”

He moved his body away from the middle of the ‘nest’ to give her some space and gestured his head to a spot close to him about two feet away. He hoped she would find his invitation amusing. "I would like to chat with you anyways about something if you could entertain my request.” He was finding this very amusing, although he fully expected Frigga to decline his request. She was surely too proper of a lady to actually entertain such a childish request. Right?

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Frigga
Female
Verja Queen
A. wild dog
© Amelia
3.25 (11.25) years
Linked Accounts

To her confusion, he offered her a place beside him in what he called 'the herb nest.' She only stared for a moment, blinking without inflection.

He isn't the enemy. You can be weary without being rude.

It was hard to remember that not all men were monsters. She knew they weren't, but it was a battle to keep her fears at bay. After a moment, she said, "That hardly seemed appropriate, wouldn't you say?" Of course, she was joking, but her tone nor her expression gave that away. She said it with a serious expression before it melted into a soft smile. "I do not know a spell that can track blood, but blood magic does exist in this land. Now, what is it you wished to discuss?" Though not cold, she retained a polite distance between them with continued formalities.

Once a Queen, always a Queen.

Wears a white gold ring with three diamonds (one larger than the rest). Has metal flower earrings; the petals are painted green and blue, with a white pearl in the center. Wears an emerald jewel wrapped in silver on a delicate silver chain. Wears a silver bracelet decorated with three gems, one emerald and two sapphire. She has a gold ring on her right paw, decorated with a blue gem.

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Or do you need more?

Xewk shrugged at her suggestion that it wasn’t appropriate, he knew what she meant, but purposefully changed it to make it seem like he had no clue what she was saying. "I could not say if it was appropriate or not since I didn’t make it. The friend I spoke of the first day we met, the african wild dog, Helu did. You can probably smell them if you give a sniff. Helu is a chef that enjoys herbs and everything food, and I am almost positive Helu would not mind us enjoying it as well.”

His smile that he had on his face seemed to crack slightly at the mention of blood magic. He did not like the sound of that magic. His face returned back to a smile quickly. This one was fake, but to everyone else, it would easily pass as genuine.

"But in all seriousness Duchess Frigga, I would prefer less formality if at all possible. I am not expecting you to join me here on the dirt, but your rigidity is noted. I hope one day you may relax enough to carry a casual conversation in a casual manner.” His eyes softened, he really meant it. It was a shame she maintained that formal exterior.

"Anyways, that is not what I wished to speak about. The name I gave you, it is more of a nickname. A name I hope to continue to be referred to as. I think about it as a new slate per say. And… with that, the only lie I spoke to you is now clear. After all you said dishonesty would not be tolerated, and I plan on keeping to that.” He gave a small smile, unsure of how she would take that.

Frigga
Female
Verja Queen
A. wild dog
© Amelia
3.25 (11.25) years
Linked Accounts

So, the wild dog he'd spoken of was nearby? Frigga sampled the air, committing the scent to memory but making no comment for now. After all, until the woman showed herself, there was little Frigga could do.

Her expression twitched when he spoke of hoping she'd relax around him, with time. Was he genuine in caring if she was comfortable or did he merely wish to catch her off guard? So suspicious, she scolded herself. You have reason to be, another of her inner voices replied.

Then, he went on to say that the name he'd given her had been false. Anxiety spiked in her chest, but she quickly realized that was ridiculous. He wasn't about to confess he was a Julien, after all! "What you call yourself matters not to the Kingdom, though I thank you for the clarity, Hunter Xewk." Addressing him by his title only increased her formal tone. Had she done it specifically to tease him? Perhaps.

Slowly, stiffly, she took a seat, battling the urge to sigh when pressure was taken off her back legs and put upon her rump instead. "How have you been settling in?" This time, her tone was warmer (though no more informal just yet).

Wears a white gold ring with three diamonds (one larger than the rest). Has metal flower earrings; the petals are painted green and blue, with a white pearl in the center. Wears an emerald jewel wrapped in silver on a delicate silver chain. Wears a silver bracelet decorated with three gems, one emerald and two sapphire. She has a gold ring on her right paw, decorated with a blue gem.

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Or do you need more?

Xewk rolled his eyes and smirked at Frigga as she called him ‘Hunter Xewk’. The facial expressions were playful and he chuckled, "I do believe alla that I asked for less formality, not more. Please, I implore you, just call me Xewk. I will even let you call me Genna, if you are ever angry at me though. That is one of my several names… One that Siekta and Helu both know. As for my birth name, well only I am privvy to that.” He gave a playful over exaggerated wink. Well that was not true, Ilma had known. But no one else did, no one else alive did.

He smiled as she sat down, "Hey, sitting down is less formal, there’s a start. Thanks, formalities remind me of… memories I wish to suppress. They never suited me anyways. I prefer to get straight to the person, and get to know who they are. Formalities, fancy words, and fake faces only get in the way of seeing the person… at least in my experience that is true. Although I suppose it acts as a nice shield to hide behind if needed… What do you think about the subject alla?.” He gave a small smile. He figured letting her know why he disliked it would help her understand his demeanor more.

"As for how I am settling in, it will take me awhile… please do not worry yourself about my wellbeing. I will be fine. I have not seen the kid yet though. Honestly, I am scared to without Helu. The kid… will surely not be expecting Helu or I but rather… someone else who is no longer with us. Say alla, could you tell me about anything educational you have here? The kid loves to learn, do you guys have a library? Or perhaps a teacher of some sort?” Xewk did not want to talk about himself, or the past. He hoped she would read that from his diversion. Although if asked he would answer honestly. He would not lie.

oc. Forgot to mention Alla= Goddess in Maltese. Xewk's Nickname for Frigga.

Frigga
Female
Verja Queen
A. wild dog
© Amelia
3.25 (11.25) years
Linked Accounts

"We cannot always get what we want, can we, kǫttr?" Frigga replied when he said he'd asked for less formality. If she were being honest, it irked her slightly to be asked to change how she behaved. Formalities were important...but she was also not Queen. She was the grandmother of a King, so it was important to remain dignified for that reason alone. However, she supposed she was being just a tad cold towards the man. Why? She'd used magic to verify that he hadn't lied. Was it truly just prejudice that was fueling her response to this male feline?

She almost shivered at the memory of Yvon.

When she tuned back in, she realized she'd gotten lost in her own thoughts. Thankfully, her schooled expression kept that fact private. "We have a library, yes, but not as you might imagine. Rather, our books read to you. I believe we have several instructors, including the coyote that took Siekta in. Nashad Prince is his name." She could think of no one better to tend to the boy, but if Xewk or this Helu had claim to the boy...

She let that thought rest. "As for your dislike of formalities, I would think you would embrace them after the way your informal attitude irritated my grandson." She smiled ever so slightly at that. "The King is a serious man." Like his father, Rangvald. "I was taught politics by my father, the former King. To wear your heart on your sleeve may serve some, but a good politician never shows you what they're thinking. You never know what they want, which gives them the edge in negotiations."

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Or do you need more?

"We cannot always get what we want, can we, kǫttr?" He smirked playfully at her words, he did not know what the strange word meant, but most likely it was not an endearing nickname. “She is so stubborn.”he thought. “I suppose not Alla, at least not now. Like I said before, I hope for that to change eventually. Things can change with time.” He watched her, a smile on his face. The smile hid the fact he was not thinking about her when he stated that. No saying that last sentence was more for him. ‘Things can change with time’ was something Ilma had told him, time and time again. It was one of his many phrases he liked to pull out. How he wished he could hear the man say it again.

Xewk was not that he expected her to trust him though, she hardly even knew him. He hardly knew her as well. His eyes looked away from her for a moment as if scanning the surroundings, as his green eyes moved back to her he briefly noticed her brand scar on her left shoulder for the first time. Surely that was a slave branding, Frigga did not seem to be the type to willingly get marked in such a manner. Thankfully, his gaze was not apparent nor did it linger on the mark, instead his gaze looked natural as his eyes then focused lazily on hers. He was willing to bet that Frigga was caught up in that whole slaver mess they spoke of the first time she met, hence why she bore that brand. That saddened him, with her position and influence surely they would not have gone easy on her. There was no need to make it apparent though, he saw what he needed, no need to gawk, and after all it was a familiar sight to him back at the Kingdom of Bones. Plus, digging at possible sensitive wounds was not something he was up for. “Hmm.. maybe it is not just me she distrusts.”

He noticed that she paused for slightly longer this time before speaking again, answering his question about the library. While her expression maintained its neutral state, time gave her away. “That pause was a tad long. Either she is thinking? Or she is perhaps forming her words?”

“Books that read themselves to you. Why I must see such a strange sight, I am sure the kid would find that amusing. Well…. Perhaps amusing wouldn’t be an accurate word. As for, the coyote Nashad, I assure you neither Helu nor I will claim the child unless he proves to be an inadequate guardian. But if he is an instructor then he should be fine, although Siekta can be a handful, asleep or not. He gets a look in his eyes that I swear is equivalent to flicking you off. Honestly part of me is curious on what the little guy would say if he could speak. Siekta needs stability right now, ripping him away from something he is trying to get accustom to will not be beneficial to him.” He knew a lot about the kid from Ilma. He actually heard about the kid every time he spoke with the coyote. ‘You won’t believe what Siekta did today!’ ‘Siekta won’t eat his dinner; perhaps he does not like mackerel?’ ‘Siekta wants to know about that book you read…’ Ilma’s voice and words rang in his head like a chorus of bells. It was ripping at his heart, although externally you would not be able to tell. There was however no noticeable pause between his thoughts and his words. Keeping the conversation flowing naturally was key in hiding thoughts and feelings.

“Embrace them? Hah, alla you make me laugh. I would rather hug a cactus. Do not get me wrong though, I know my place. It is beneath him, you and almost everyone else in your kingdom. I am not trusted, and I understand that. But I am who I am, and perhaps, even time can change that. While I may speak my mind I will also serve and obey orders. I will fight alongside him, or even for him. I will even attempt to do a backflip if he tells me to. If my joke upset the man then perhaps he is too serious. Does the man know what a joke even is? Surely you taught him your sense of humor no?” Of course he was speaking in a joking tone with a smile on his face, but honestly if the king became that angry and upset merely over what he did then he was in for a hard time. Xewk is merely almost all bark no bite, well unless wanted, or needed. Clearly the king thought little of people who are not related to him, and that bothered Xewk greatly. A king who has no compassion or care for his people is not a good king in his mind. And he was well aware of what bad kings were capable of, not that he thought that stick boy was about to maim half his population or anything.
His eyes softened and his speech was friendly, “Ah so you are a politician? That explains a few things. I must disagree with you however on the whole wearing emotions on sleeves for there are many ways to crack a coconut.” It was a play on words but the meaning was still behind it, there were many ways to ‘crack a coconut’. From what she said of her past alone let him know that Frigga seemed to use a mask of lack of response or emotion as a weapon, just as Xewk altered his emotions to fit the conversation, his own kind of mask. A friendly and lazy smile appeared on his face as he spoke in a friendly manner, “For me personally, I find it exhausting to hide behind the illusion that things do not bother me.” If she were good at reading people perhaps she could read between the lines. They were both hiding, in different manners. Each their own way, one not better than the other, just… different. He would see in a moment if she understood, after all, he wasn’t wearing any sleeves. He just hoped it wouldn’t piss her off, scare her away, make her kick him out. “Maybe I should have just kept that thought to myself…or I can throw her a bone.”

“I assure you Alla…. Your tutoring in that ‘subject’, was probably much friendlier than mine…” The subject he spoke of was obviously hiding your true intentions. His eyes were soft and his smile was kind as he brought his tail in front of him for her to see that the end of it was missing. It was just one of the many things to remember his monster of an adoptive brother by. By hiding his intentions that day, he was able to not only get away with JUST missing part of his tail, but also protecting Siekta…. Okay, and getting some revenge on his brother, after all, Xewk did fight dirty. Xewk was not the only one to walk away from that fight with an injury, let’s just say the corpse king would have a harder time producing children after that day.

Frigga
Female
Verja Queen
A. wild dog
© Amelia
3.25 (11.25) years
Linked Accounts

Frigga did not comment on his 'hopes' for her demeanor to change. Instead, she listened politely as he spoke about Siekta. He seemed to genuinely care for the boy, and that spoke to his character. Then again, Yvon had loved children as well -- and he'd harmed so many creatures in his quest to produce more and more.

She was startled out of her musings when he said he knew his place -- beneath her. A protest was on her lips, but she knew her son and grandson did see themselves as above the residents. Frigga always thought of herself as being in service to the Kingdom, but she knew other royal members did not. At the comment about Aurelius, she had to speak up. "I'm afraid he has had little to find humerus in his life as of late," she replied without giving details. Xewk then said he found it exhausting to hide. It was the opposite for her. Formalities gave her strength. Her regal demeanor helped her cling to a time when things were not so dark.

“I assure you Alla…. Your tutoring in that ‘subject’, was probably much friendlier than mine…”

She saw his tail, saw the pain, but she did not care for his word choice. "We are not here to compare hurts," she said, perhaps too sharply. Immediately, she realized she'd overreacted. What was wrong with her that this man could irritate her so easily? Especially when he'd done nothing to her. Taking a breath, she said, "Forgive me. You've suffered -- that is undeniable -- but I hope you and Siekta find peace here. The Kingdom is one of the safest civilizations in Yavania. No realm has dared to try to breach our borders."