Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year IX
April 15th - May 31st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Kari
Ozone
Relationship
Kari & Helu
Thread
Never Again

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Name
Burneh
Ailes
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Entertainment Needed

Sauska
Other
Rogue
Leopard
© Avocado
2.25 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 100 lbs

Entertainment Needed

Šauška had been roaming around undisguised (male form) in the Fairice Covert for awhile now. They had been making sure to hide themselves during the night from strangers. The thought of that weird man from awhile ago crossed their mind. Right before they had left the area they had felt something weird. Like they were… attracted to him? Weird, that is not what they thought at all. He was absolutely not their type first off, and second off, you at least know the name of the people you sleep with. They laughed, masculine tones filling the quiet air. ”Note to self, don’t be attracted to weird strangers in the dark.”

Currently though it was midday and still warm even though it was autumn. Šauška looked up at the oddly shaped trees as they walked. They remembered to have read about these trees before, ”Dragon Blood trees I believe they are called, if I remember right, their sap has healing properties.” Learning about plants, especially the healing types had been part of their training as a ‘blessed one' back at their old home. Fully consumed with distractions Šauška accidently slipped on a rock and cut their paw slightly. Their Arabic accent filled the air, "Ow… Well that was careless of me.” They leaned down and licked their small wound activating Stitch to heal it. Watching as the wound healed they thought to themselves about their new magic. ”I suppose I should practice them more.”

They sat down and looked at a blade of grass right in front of them activating Ignite to create a flame and light it on fire. They then promptly activated Condense letting a mist of water suffocate the tiny flame until it disappeared. "Well… it looks as if I have the hang of activating them.” Well… now what? Šauška was kind of bored to be honest. There was no one to talk to. They were not hungry, because they had eaten earlier. They were not tired yet… They guessed the could explore the area some more. Standing back up they picked a random direction and began to wander around.

Iorek
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other bear
© Marissa
3.25 years
Height: 58
Linked Accounts

Weight: 330

RE: Entertainment Needed

Iorek Kaiser-Hughes

For once in my life, I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance, letting you inside

He made his way out of the realm. The southern lands were too hot at times and Iorek had to make sure that he didn't actually overheat. As he moved, tremorsense have him impressions of skittering feet of smaller animals. It left a smile upon his face. The polar bear was a giant and yet, his heart was gentle. He was soft, made sure that he was hunched in. He didn't want others to be terrified of merely his size. It wasn't like it happened often but it was a thought that he couldn't shake. Due to that, Iorek made sure that he was always lower. It wasn't that he was submissive, despite the fact that it appeared that way. He had no problem making sure that others were aware that he would protect those that were important to him. As he moved, his paw scratched against a rock. The shock of the pain caused him to grunt. Lowering his head, he gently touched his nose to the small wound and used stitch to heal it.

Making sure that he was more careful, he continued on his way. As he moved, he didn't fully pay attention that he was drawing closer to another. Until, that is, when he would have ran into him. He jerked, his head lifting slightly in surprise. "Oh," Iorek mumbled as he stared upon the creature. The leopard was tiny compared to Iorek. If he could calculate the weight different between the two of them, he might as well weight nearly twice the size as he was. "I hope I didn't scare you." If he did, he'd feel bad. "My name is Iorek Kaiser-Hughes." Manners was something that he took very seriously. Probably a trait granted to him by his cheetah father.
Matthias Wicke

Sauska
Other
Rogue
Leopard
© Avocado
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Šauška had been walking around the area when the unmistakable vibrations and sounds of someone large approaching caught their attention. By the time they had turned around though they were nearly face to face with… a bear. But this was an odd looking bear. Šauška had never seen a bear quite like this man before, but it seems like he was just as surprised as they were. Šauška took a step back as the male spoke.

“I hope I didn't scare you. My name is Iorek Kaiser-Hughes."

Šauška’s current male form was identical almost to their female, although, by male standards, this form was considered slender, while their female form was of average. Still, both forms were dwarfed by Iorek’s size. They smiled up at Iorek, their Arabic tones filling the air. "Scare... no. Although you had surprised me. It is a pleasure to meet you Iorek Kaiser-Hughes. I am called Šauška or Ištar. Though most call me Šauška. Though neither is my name.” They hummed to themselves for a moment. They did not actually have a ‘name’ of their own. They were merely called the name of the deity they were ‘born’ after. "Hmm.. I just realized how confusing that may sound to a foreigner… well.. I suppose I am now the foreigner to these lands. You can just call me Šauška I suppose. I do not have a name of my own.” That was a suitable explanation they thought.

Disguise activated, shifting them into their female form. While it looked practically identical to their male form, it smelled female, and had slightly bigger hips. Šauška thought nothing really of the gender change. The ability to change genders was insignificant to them, just something merely they had always been able to do. Their female voice sounded just like a normal female’s voice would. "Mister Iorek, do you perhaps know a lot about these lands. I am fairly new and am curious about them.” Telepathy activated for the first time, without their knowledge, attempting to speak to Iorek. Since it was their first activation, the words came out soft spoken and barely audible. "Perhaps he knows of a safe place I can sleep. A village, a realm.. Something. I do not wish to meet any more strange people like that last time.”

Iorek
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other bear
© Marissa
3.25 years
Linked Accounts

Iorek Kaiser-Hughes

The other man spoke, saying that he didn't scare him, only surprised him. Well, that was good, right? Because surprising someone wasn't as bad as terrifying them. Iorek was a gentle soul and he made sure that he went out of his way to make it seem that he was smaller than what he actually was. Doing so as a bulky polar bear was not easy but he managed, somehow. He blinked when the male interested himself - that he was called one thing or the other, but neither was his name. How did that make sense? Was it a nickname? Iorek didn't think it would be very polite of him to ask, though the leopard was the one that offered such information. He wasn't as nosy as some of the other siblings that he had. As he debated with himself over if he should ask or not, the leopard offered him the information that he wanted. As he claimed that he did not have a name of his own, Iorek wondered then why was he called the two names in the first place. He did not know that it was some sort of God - Iorek only knew the Avatars of the land in which he had been born into. Neither parents was particularly religious. "It is nice to meet you," Iorek said calmly, a soft smile upon his face.

That was when the leopard would change from male to female - a mutation that he had never particularly seen before. He blinked, his eyes going wide as he shifted his body. His head tilted as the female now didn't seem at all concerned about the sex change. It probably meant that the mutation was like his ability to sense movement on the earth or the fact that he could heal himself. It was as natural as breathing and thus, why was there a need to question it? Iorek was sure that was the reason.

"I was born in these lands," Iorek offered, "what is it that you wish to know?" Iorek had no problem offering information. Clarity activated for the first time, telling him something that he already knew. The voice whispered in his head, something that he was used to from having a telepath for a father. "Do you need a place to sleep? I live in a realm for helping other creatures. Perhaps there? I would also recommend that you guard your thoughts a little more carefully."
Matthias Wicke

Sauska
Other
Rogue
Leopard
© Avocado
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Šauška watched as Iorek’s eyes widened in surprise, yet he did not question. Not that they wanted the attention, but they were curious when he did not ask. ”Perhaps he wishes to be polite.” Iorek then let them know that he was born in these lands, he offered to answer any questions. Šauška giggled as they sat down causing their necklace to shift and clink as the gold bounced off itself. "I will limit myself to my questions, otherwise we would be here for awhile.” They gave Iorek a friendly smile. "What is the name of this land? Do you know where Ugaret is in location to here? How magical are these lands? I came upon two new powers when I woke here, are there more? Šauška’s image was not among the statues that I saw in the temple…. So perhaps I should ask what the names and beliefs of the gods and goddesses that this land worships? Or perhaps Šauška has a different image here.” Šauška drifted in their thoughts for a moment. What… would that mean for them? Back in Ugaret where they lived they had dedicated their whole life so far to Šauška… everything they did, every single moment. Countless praying, countless healing, and rituals, and sacrifices were made. They thought he best answer their questions first before they proceeded to ask more.

"Do you need a place to sleep? I live in a realm for helping other creatures. Perhaps there? I would also recommend that you guard your thoughts a little more carefully."

Šauška nodded as they spoke, their feminine voice holding Arabic tones. "Yes, I do. I suppose if I am going to be here for awhile, it would be best to join a group. Could you tell me more about the realm you live in?” What did he mean by ‘guard your thoughts though?’ OH! "Are you a mind reader? Is that your magic?” They smiled at Iorek as they spoke. That must be it, they could not think of any other way he would know their thoughts. "Please feel free to ask questions if you are curious as well. I have nothing to hide.”

Iorek
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other bear
© Marissa
3.25 years
Linked Accounts

Iorek Kaiser-Hughes

It hadn't crossed his mind that the leopard might not know that they had spoke in his mind. To him, it was very natural. To him, it was something that was a usual occurrence. Well, that was probably in due part that he was the son of a very powerful telepath. And on top of that, his older sister had also gotten stronger as the years went by them. So, when the leopard questioned if he was a mind reader, Iorek blinked. He'd get to the other questions in a second but he needed to set the record straight first. He also was aware that others thought it of magic but it wasn't magic. At least, not what Iorek understood. They were mutations - things that you were simply born with. Just as he had the mutation to heal and play with earth as his wolf and cheetah fathers, his siblings had other mutations. Some were connected to their fathers - their genetics - while others were not.

However, it was not Iorek's place to argue what one would believe or not believe.

That is not how he had been raised and that was not how he was going to act. It would only bring shame to his family and Iorek was not going to stoop so low that he would directly harm his parents' reputations. "I'm not a mind reader," Iorek gently denied. "You are the telepath and from your reaction, it is a new development." If he did not believe him, Iorek wasn't sure what he'd do. He supposed that he could merely leave it at that and let him discover it on his own. He had merely offered a little bit of advice.

Now that he had gotten that out of the way, he focused back on the questions that the leopard had asked. "You are in Yavania," Iorek said, though he wasn't sure if he wanted the name of the land as a whole or the territory that they were currently in. Well, he was sure that Sauska would ask if he wanted the territory, right? Iorek wasn't exactly sure how he was supposed to answer the question about magic. He believed that it wasn't magic that they had access to. They were merely mutations and so, he left it alone. He glossed over it as he answered the rest of the questions that the leopard was curious about. "There are several Avatars, though I wouldn't know if worship is the exact word to use or not. Some might worship them." But Iorek did not. One father was religious, the other not. However, it wasn't like his papa made it overtly obvious that he was either. "I have never heard of Sauska, though."

Matthias Wicke