Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me

Jorunn
Female
Verja Resident
Cougar
© Amelia
0.5 years
Height: 30 in
AP: 47AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 94 lbs

RE: I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2019, 05:57 AM by Jorunn. Edited 1 time in total.)

As Frigga waited for Perses to ask a question, Jorunn slipped in one of her own. It was hard to contain her reaction, so her smile was thinly repressed. "No, my dear," she replied as Perses asked what a princess was. Ah, perfect. A way to slip in an explanation of their ranks. "A good question," she said, praising Perses for being bold enough to ask what was on his mind. "A Princess is the daughter of the King or Queen. Similarly, a Prince is the son of a King or Queen. As for a Queen, she is the 'Alpha Female' of sorts, and the King is the 'Alpha Male.' They rule and see to the health of the Kingdom and its citizens." She paused, giving him time to digest. "Our ranks may seem complex, but that's only because we have more members in the Kingdom than most packs can maintain. We need order."

There was much more to say, but she didn't wish to overwhelm him. "A few ranks you might be familiar with are hunter, healer, and knight. Most wolf packs even have them, am I right? There are other ranks you could apprentice for, but, first, have you a preference on which realm you will officially join? Has the Commander told you about them?"

Regalia waited, an ear flicked back as she waited to hear which he would pick.

OC: Powerplayed Regalia & Frigga because I play them both. Until otherwise noted, Silverfrost, you can post after every post I make (unless another roleplayer joins).

"Jorunn speaks." | "Frigga speaks." | "Regalia speaks."

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Height: 40 in
AP: 131.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180 lbs

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2019, 04:50 PM by Perses. Edited 1 time in total.)
R This world isn't made for you
U They're trying to catch you
N Running is a victory
B Beauty lays behind the hills
O The sun will be guiding you
Y They're dying to stop you
R This race is a prophecy
U Break out from society
N This ride is a journey to
!The secret inside of you

Perses was glad Frigga didn't only explain what a "Princess" was but also the rest of the foreign words. He didn't quite understand why there was a need for a prince and a princess since they were only the children of the Queen and King. What were the children of whatever their form of Betas, Deltas, Epsilons, Zetas, and Thetas called? Were they not as important? Her explanation of how they had more members in a kingdom than a pack didn't quite explain the many ranks.

And then she listed the other ranks, most of which the red-eyed beast could understand except for one. He didn't understand what a "Knight" was. And he didn't know what an "Apprentice" was either. He piped up again, "What's a Knight? What's an apprentice?" He wasn't quite sure what he wanted to be either since he didn't really know how the ranks worked. He knew a healer fixed wolves but he didn't know how they did it. He knew what a hunter was but the concept of hunting for others that weren't your family was another foreign concept. And he had no clue what a knight was.

The massive wolf just shrugged in response to the Queen's question of what rank he wanted to "apprentice under".

The oversized yearling glanced back at Regalia. She told him the realm names: Verja, Algiz, Aldrnari, and the Valkyrja. He didn't quite know the real difference of them and they were in the same kingdom. So he gave a slight shrug and said, "This one."

OOC:
Someone whack me if the powerpool thing isn't for threads in progress
Psychic: 2/2 | Earth: 1/2 | Camouflage: 1/1

Perses wears a necklace around his neck.

Staff
Other
Administrator
OC Account
© Staff
-- years
Height: --
AP: 576AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: --

STAFF NOTE :

Hey, Silverfrost!

Powerpool increases do not take effect until threads that begin after a purchase was made. Thus, his powerpool for psychic (and earth) is still 2, and a third use of telepathy will be considered ' magic overuse.'

If you would like to edit out this third use of telepathy, please do so. If not, post a request for 'overuse' here. If you request for magical overuse, you will need to edit the end of your post depending on what is rolled.

Jorunn
Female
Verja Resident
Cougar
© Amelia
0.5 years
Linked Accounts

The teen had more questions, and Frigga was thankful he asked them. "Ah, a knight is a warrior -- one who protects the Kingdom and its members. An apprentice is someone who is learning a rank. So, if you desire to be a hunter but haven't fully learned yet, you'd be apprenticed to an experienced hunter."

Jorunn, whom had been listening, decided this conversation had grown boring, so she looked to the dark male and studied him.

When he chose a realm, Regalia grinned. Yeah, the Verja was as good as the others. To be honest, it had a special place in her heart. After all, she'd helped Frigga and Stark found it all those years ago... Gods, we're all so old.

Frigga smiled at Perses. "Welcome to the Verja and to the Kingdom. Come. Let's step inside." She turned to begin to lead them back to the bridge, herding Jorunn slowly. Regalia trailed behind them, watching their backs.

OC: Powerplayed Regalia & Frigga because I play them both. Until otherwise noted, Silverfrost, you can post after every post I make (unless another roleplayer joins).

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

N Running is a victory
U Break out from society

Perses digested the information Frigga provided on the concept of knights and apprentices. He thought of what he wanted to be but was drawing up a blank. What did he want to do in the Kingdom? He had just been introduced to these concepts today and honestly, was still trying to wrap his head around some of them.

The oversized youngster still wondered why in the world these wolves - sorry, animals - created so many new names for things. They were pretty-sounding but that was about it.

So the brown and white brute didn't choose what he wanted to be yet. He still had time, right? He needed to get his head around a couple more things and perhaps see how these ranks worked. It didn't seem like Frigga and Regalia were going to rush him.

And they didn't. Instead, the golden queen welcomed the massive wolf into the pack. He obediently followed the females into the pack's land, looking around him as he walked.

This would be a good home he hoped.

OOC:
Sorry for the wait!

Jorunn
Female
Verja Resident
Cougar
© Amelia
0.5 years
Linked Accounts

Frigga led the group into the Grove in silence, giving the boy a chance to take in his surroundings. She headed towards the most important areas in this land, deciding it was best he know where the Kingdom's resources are. It took a little bit of time to get there -- especially when keeping pace with Jorunn who occasionally needed to be carried. When they were close, she set Jorunn down and walked towards the Cellar with purpose. "This is a storage area. We keep dried herbs and wine here." Frigga knew from experience that the underground cellar was decorated with furs; the walls are dug out to make shelves where wooden bowls are stored. Turning to the south, she gestured towards the Kitchens. Like the cellar, it was underground, but the entrance could easily be seen above ground. "That is the Kitchens. If you're a hunter, you bring your kill there to have butchered and cooked. We have a chef who keeps a constant, steady supply of food available to members of the Kingdom. So, do not hesitate to go there if you're hungry."

Regalia decided to speak once Frigga paused. "There's more important places like the Kitchens and Cellar. Do you wanna know them or do you want time to explore on your own?"

OC: No worries! <3

Powerplayed Regalia & Frigga because I play them both. Until otherwise noted, Silverfrost, you can post after every post I make (unless another roleplayer joins).

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

N Running is a victory
U Break out from society

Perses was once again brimming with questions as he followed Frigga, Jorunn, and Regalia to what they called a "cellar". These creatures were very strange. Everything about them seemed a bit too complex with their ranks and now this.

The massive wolf knew what herbs did though had no idea what they could do with dried herbs. Weren't they bad or at least useless now that they were dried? But it was the latter he asked about.

"What's wine?" The oversized yearling asked.

The explanation of the Kitchens also brought questions flooding from the brown and white brute's maw. "Butchered? Cooked? -" the way he said them screamed that such words had never graced his tongue. "What does that mean? Why do you need to butcher and cook food?" The disbelief in his voice was palpable. He had no idea why someone would do that to prey - even though he had no idea what those words meant.

The red-eyed ex-Rogue's confusion and tapping paw caused Tremorsense to activate and he could feel how big the cellar and kitchen was. His eyes widened as he looked down to the ground. "The cellar and the kitchen are very big," he said absent-mindedly.

Regalia's question brought his head looking back up. He needed a break so he said, "I can explore stuff on my own." His head was starting to hurt from all these new things and if he heard about another weird thing, he'd lose his mind.

OOC:
Perses is so very confused
"Speech"

Jorunn
Female
Verja Resident
Cougar
© Amelia
0.5 years
Linked Accounts

The teen bombarded her with more questions, and she had to contain a laugh at his genuine confusion. Poor boy. His comment on the kitchen and cellar being big seemed out of place, but she didn't question it. Then, Regalia asked him if he wanted to be shown more or if he wanted to explore on his own. He chose to explore on his own, likely to give himself time to digest all he'd learned. It was a lot for a young boy to take in, she mused. Rather than answer his last few questions, she said, “We will talk at another time. Explore and get to know your new home.”

Regalia saw got to chime in before they all parted ways. “Don't leave the borders though. It can be unsafe for loners out there, especially kids and teens.”

Frigga nodded in agreement. “Regalia will be your temporary guardian. Until you're of age or someone steps forward to adopt you officially. If you have questions, go to her. There are houses - shelters - to the south in Palm Peninsula. Claim one if you wish. Now, it's time for me to take this little one home. Have a good day, Perses." She nudged Jorunn who giggled but began to talk.

Regalia raised her brow at Frigga dishing out responsibility of the teen to her, but she didn't reject the order. He was a good kid. So, she gave Perses a half grin. “If you need me, call for me. Got it?” That was an order more than a question, so she didn't wait for a response. She bid him goodbye, turned, and headed off.

-exit-

OC: Powerplayed Regalia & Frigga because I play them both. <3