Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 10
Sept. 2nd - Oct. 15th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: FALL Y9
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private Bear Meets Bear
Iorek

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.25 years
Height: 56 in
AP: 238AP
2 Attached Accounts

Weight: 300 lbs

Bear Meets Bear

Ealga decided to leave her home land for a little to go hunting in the river. Salmon was plentiful here, and the bear was hungry. Well, she was always hungry, for she was a bear of course. She stood in the river, watching the salmon swim by around her. The sight of all these fish made her mouth water, but patience was a virtue. Then, at the moment she felt was right, she dove right in the water head first and snapped her jaws around a plump salmon. With the fish locked in her large jaws, she went back to shore and began to dig in. The meat tasted wonderful, and she was transfixed on eating. Ealga decided that when she was done eating her fish, she would jump right back in and catch another. She would repeat the process of catching and eating until she was sated. She found it odd that there were no other bears nearby, or at least wolves. Well, that meant more salmon for her, and a quiet space. Though she would not mind the company. Though she was too busy eating to care about company for the moment.

Iorek
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other bear
© Marissa
4 years
Height: 58
AP: 42AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 330

RE: Bear Meets Bear

Iorek Kaiser-Hughes

For once in my life, I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance, letting you inside

He had set out for a while now.

It had been a considerable amount of time since he had been up North. He couldn't even remember the last time he had come this far from home. Since he had been a young babe, they had always lived in the South. First, it had been the realm that they (he and his siblings) had been 'born' into. He had been delivered by Syuna when his parents had been in the realm that had been a save heaven for the herbivores. But eventually, they had moved to the Kamar-Taj. So, he had no true reason to adventure this far up into the Northern areas.

And yet, here he was.

His ears flicked when he heard the munching sound of something crunching against bone. Iorek paused, his head glancing up as he realized that he had headed so far North - more than he had actually expected to travel. Trees were around him and with that came visual impairment. However, Iorek was more concerned with the fact that there was another polar bear. The only other polar bears that he had stumbled across had been his siblings.

For the moment, Iorek had thought that was simply how it was going to go. That there were going to be no other bear that he hadn't been related to. Of course, he knew that was wrong of him to think. But at almost four years of age, he had never met another, so was it that big of a leap to make? Uncertainty filled him as he glanced around, attempting to gather some sort of semblance of what he was expected to do here. "Uh," Iorek gracefully grunted out as he still held himself hunched together. It didn't matter that she was only a little bit smaller than him, it was a movement that was ingrained in his body and impossible to turn off. "Sorry to intrude. I'll... leave." With that, Iorek was starting to turn around to give the other bear her space so that she might be able to finish her meal in peace.

Matthias Wicke

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.25 years
2 Attached Accounts

Ealga was busy munching away at her fish, loving the taste of the meat on her tongue. Suddenly, she heard a voice, only to find out it was another bear here. All the bear had said was one word, only for him to turn and leave. Ealga didn't understand why the bear had called her, but she did not want him to leave. It seemed the bear was shy, so she called out to him to let him know he had done nothing wrong. She gave him an amused huff before speaking. "You aren't intruding. I really don't mind the company. My name is Ealga North. I am a member of the Kingdom of Gullborg, and prospect of the Valkyrja army. Who are you?" Ealga gave him a small smile, to reassure him to stay. Though it may have seemed weak in her eyes that the bear was so shy, but she pushed the thought away. Everyone was different she guessed. Ealga noticed the black markings on the bear, which intrigued her. She had not seen a bear with markings like that before. Yet, every day there was something new to learn.

Iorek
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other bear
© Marissa
4 years
Linked Accounts

Iorek Kaiser-Hughes

He had turned quickly to make his leave. He hadn't wanted to disturb her while she had been eating. Though, he supposed he kind of did when he had made a noise at all. He could have gracefully left without saying anything. But that would have been rude too. Wouldn't it? Iorek wasn't exactly sure either way. His ears flicked as he stopped his slow gate back toward the way he had come. He turned his head toward her, noting that she looked like any other possible regular polar bear should appear.

Not that Iorek had ever seen another polar bear that wasn't a sibling. But again, his other bear siblings had just as weird markings as he did.

It might be because that the three of them were the union of a wolf and a cheetah-turned-polar-bear. Iorek dipped his head, still slightly ashamed that he had come across her while she had been eating. His gentleness could be something that others could take advantage of. Would Iorek truly be able to pick up on that? Well, his parents certainly had not raised a dumb bear. She chuckled and he wasn't exactly sure if it was at the situation or himself. He supposed that it didn't really matter one way or the other. Iorek didn't exactly care what others thought of him. He slowly turned back around, sitting down, hunkering in on himself as per usual. He made himself as small as possible - he didn't want to seem like a towering creature when he was sure it would frighten others. It didn't even matter that the other creature in front of him was another polar bear.

His movements were ingrained in his body now. "Iorek Kaiser-Hughes," he said to the question of who he was. Why, though, did she offer so quickly the realm in which she was connected to? Not that Iorek really had to fear about giving away that he was also tied to a realm. "Student of Kamar-Taj." Maybe? He hadn't actually had a rank change but he might as well be a student.

Matthias Wicke

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.25 years
2 Attached Accounts

Ealga watched kindly as the male bear sat down nearby. The large female could sense submission, and gentleness. But Ealga did not mistake this for fear, for every polar bear had hidden strength in them. Though some of course would choose not to use it. Though kindness was a sweet thing for creatures as large as polar bears to have. It was nice to see a bear as large as Iorek to have kindness. She replayed his name in her head for a second, then spoke to him with kindness and respect. "It's very nice to meet you, Iorek. You mentioned being part of a place called Kamar-Taj. Tell me, what is life like in there? What do you do in there? That is if you don't mind me asking." Ealga was curious to see what this new place was. She also hoped asking him about himself, would show that there was no need to be scared, or at least not be so submissive. Ealga was not frightened at all by the bear, but one thing she did appreciate was his kindness. Ealga could never be as kind as Iorek was. Iorek's politeness and kind heart, made Ealga smile some. Rest assured, she was smiling out of warmness for the kind soul, not out of amusement.

Iorek
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other bear
© Marissa
4 years
Linked Accounts

Iorek Kaiser-Hughes

His demeanor had nothing to do with submission.

He didn't care much about who was dominant and who was submissive or meek. Iorek himself was not meek - he was merely gentle. He was kind - an optimist. He preferred to look on the brighter side of things. A trait that he had gotten from observing his cheetah father. His ears flicked as he kept his eyes upon her. He didn't have a problem meeting another creature directly in the eyes. Why should he? He might hold himself folded downward to not make himself appear bigger but that didn't mean he was afraid to meet eye contact and maintain it.

It was more of a selfish desire stemmed by the need not to cause fear in others. Iorek was very much aware that he was huge. And the huge size could be intimidating to those that were much smaller. So, that was the reason why Iorek held himself the way that he did. Not that many would be able to understand that with mere glances. She was quick to ask multiple questions about his home. He didn't think that it would be terrible to allow another to understand what Kamar-Taj was about. "I am sure it is like life outside of it," Iorek said gently, not unkindly. "There are teachings. A place of healing." After all, wasn't that like elsewhere? Well, maybe it wasn't. Iorek could vaguely remembering being delivered by Lady Syuna inside of a realm that was primarily the safe haven for prey animals.

Matthias Wicke

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.25 years
2 Attached Accounts

Ealga gave a simple nod of the head at Iorek's answer. A place of teachings and healing sounded very calming. Kamar-Taj sounded like a peaceful place to be. Of course, Gullborg was a very calm place as well, but it was also a kingdom of order. The thing she liked the most of Gullborg, i that it had its very own army, The Valkyrja. A proud army that she herself, was a part of. Ealga had asked of Iorek, so the she bear decided it would be polite and fair if Iorek wanted to know anything of her. "Well, Kamar-Taj sounds like a very calm and soothing place to be in. Is there anything you would like to know of me, Iorek? That is, if you want to ask." Ealga decided to just take the information given to her, and not overstep any boundaries. Perhaps there were things about Kamar-Taj that Iorek would not be comfortable in sharing. Ealga admired Iorek's gentleness for some reason. Why? She had no clue why.

Iorek
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other bear
© Marissa
4 years
Linked Accounts

Iorek Kaiser-Hughes

He felt awkward, uncertain on how he was supposed to react to her.

He was not like his siblings in the social department. He was soft spoken, maintaining his distance. Even when he was in the presence of another creature that was as big as he was, Iorek still made sure that he wasn't intimidating. He blinked when she claimed that Kamar-Taj seemed like a nice place. Was it supposed to seem different? Had he almost failed in explaining what Kamar-Taj believed in? He didn't want to think about that. It wasn't like the realm that he belonged to was the only home that he had had but it is the longest one.

When she asked if he had any questions for her, Iorek merely blinked. Did he? What was socially normal for one to ask?

Iorek wasn't exactly the best conversationalist, he was realizing. He could appreciate the boldness that she had but at the same time, he didn't know how to really respond to it. "How long have you been here?" Even to his own ears, that sounded like a terrible question. But it was the only one that he had. He didn't even really know what she had meant by her statement. If he had any questions for her. Iorek had been about to leave and she was the one that stopped him because he had stumbled upon her.

But it seemed that Iorek had to ask questions too.

Matthias Wicke