Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 12
Dec. 25th - Feb. 4th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Nov. '20
Character
Most Spiritual

Mononoke
[played by Spirited_Away]
Thread
Cothurnus VS Perses

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome [DG] I'd Call it a Curse
please let Cothurnus post first!

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
2.75 years
Height: 33 in
AP: 1,136.5AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: 165 lbs

[DG] I'd Call it a Curse

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 04:30 PM by Randavae. Edited 1 time in total.)

I found myself constantly pawing at that mark on my face.

It was so...ugly. This brown splotch thrown onto my face, and in this, this mocking four-clawed pattern.

My claws traced along the lines of the brown streaks, as if there was a itch that would never go away. You'd think the itch could be relieved by scratching it, but it's needy; the more you scratch it, the more it wants to be scratched again.

"You've been blessed by the Avatars, Randavae. You should be happy."

Haha. Yeah, right. This blessing thing doesn't do crap. Why the hell am I supposed to be happy about some ugly thing on my face?

I didn't even look at my face all that often. Why did I care? It didn't burden me.

I supposed it was like a bug on my face. Even though I can't see it, can't hear it, nor feel it, I still know it's there. And it drives me mad.

Eventually I got frustrated with the pawing and scratching. I decided to do it just one more time, just to feel that relief for that split second then let the irritation start all over again.

And that one more time ended up being a little more forceful than I intended. And it stung. Bad.

I winced. I could still see. That was good. But the pain didn't let up.

The wind pounded against my cheek, and I lifted a paw to feel for an injury--but stopped. As soon as I touched it I knew it'd get that itch again.

So I decided to just curl up and let it be.

---------------

OOC: Randie didn't end up with much of a scar. just a little scratch, barely visible under the fur. but he's a pansy.

Trembling in his claws. Always.

Randavae has a four-toed claw marking ranging from his eyebrow to his cheek on his left eye, given to him by the Avatar Maata.

Cothurnus
Female
Verja Knight
Wolf
© Akradr
5 (12) years
Height: 38in
AP: 247AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 138lbs

RE: [DG] I'd Call it a Curse

Cothurnus Rose
My Punches Hurt More.

And there it was again, that burning desire to invade the innocence of another -- it roared like the belly of a beast, gurgling in hunger for something criminally wrong. It was devious and menacing, a force she’d already succumbed to once. Oh, she’d have a word with the man upstairs for this; a snarl barked from the horned knight’s jaws, nerves ticking for a craving she did not want to feed. No, not again. Dark eyes of wine and cerulean broke from their focus, now realizing the shoots of bamboo that sported the very skies above –– then, a wolf –– balled up as if they were afraid. Cothurnus’ teeth began to grind because of the untamable disease she’d so suddenly inherited, trying to itch the need away. But of course, the worst of it all was the silence, piercing her very soul. It was like being trapped between four walls, claustrophobic and unable to escape no matter how loud you screamed. She hated this and sneer wreathed in anger, yet it could not be heard. This was wrong, and Cothurnus refused to fall under a fool’s spell; so, she quickly turned, trying to disembark from an act she did not want to commit. She may enjoy the infamous label, though not like this.

Why was this happening? The fuck did she do?

She barely withstood the inability to speak freely as is, “Not today, not today.” It was drawled out in loathe of the thoughts that embedded themselves in her mind, hackles dominant and steps heavy.

OC Note: Cothurnus rolled for temporary deafness & forcebreed a creature.

Electricity 0/15 | Fire 0/15 | Earth 0/2.
Plasma Ball 0/1 | Sheen 0/1 | Meteor Shower 0/1 | Shift 0/1 | Chameleon 0/1 | Spider 0/1 | Camouflage 0/1 | Echo 0/1.
Investigator ∞.

Action. | "Speech." | Magic.

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
2.75 years
1 Attached Account

My ears angled, feeling the presence of another. The wind tangled in their fur, and I could feel there was an obstruction in the air.

I listened. If someone was there, I hoped they hadn't seen me. I tried to sneak my tail closer to my side, attempting to appear smaller--though my heart nearly stopped when my fur brushed loudly against the grass.

And then I heard a voice. "Not today, not today," it said. My mouth became dry.

It sounded menacing. Was it saying I wouldn't escape today? Or perhaps it was saying it wouldn't kill me today because it wasn't the right moment? Or perhaps they were beckoning their companion who happened to be named Naatuhdei to kill me instead?

Was that the intention, or was I misunderstanding it?

But if a figure were to stand behind me out of sight in unfamiliar territory and say something mysterious and out of context such as that--I mean, I really don't think I'd be wrong to be scared.

I swallowed, my throat aching. I was curious to get a closer look...I wanted to know who this mysterious creature was. Were they a demon? Was I going to be cursed--sorry, blessed--again?

Maybe all they needed to active their magic was for us to lock eyes. I didn't want to put myself in a bad position like that. And I didn't need to see them anyway. I could hear when they were approaching.

But what if they were really sneaky? Some animals have really light paws. Or perhaps they're using their magic to make themself noiseless.

Really, I should've just ran away. Judging by their voice they weren't all that close, and even if they were, I should've gotten out of there while I had the chance.

Yes. That's right. I need to escape, I thought.

I put this into action. I pushed my legs hard into the ground to pull myself up, then sprinted off without a moment's hesitation--or, at least that's what I'd planned.

Instead I only laid there, staring at the grass in front of me. I felt paralyzed. Was this a result of the creature's magic?

Or was I really that much of a chicken?

---------------

OOC: wooo this ended up long! sorry i took so long to get to you, Akradr!
if you've seen on Discord i've just updated that things are a bit crazy right now and i'll be absent most of the time. (> <)
i really like your post! i'm excited to get acquainted with Coth!
she just better not lay a claw on my poor little Randie. (.\n/.)o

Randavae has a four-toed claw marking ranging from his eyebrow to his cheek on his left eye, given to him by the Avatar Maata.

Cothurnus
Female
Verja Knight
Wolf
© Akradr
5 (12) years
Height: 38in
AP: 247AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 138lbs

Cothurnus Rose
My Punches Hurt More.

Cothurnus quickly realised that this, above all else, was far worse than the inability to speak freely; silence ensued, clocking a nerve. Investigator continued to wail as those dark, invasive thoughts fogged the woman’s morality in blotched doses, finding it almost irresistible for refusal. Oh, for fuck’s sake. She practically dragged herself away in muffled snarls, grinding her teeth like some rabid beast -- perhaps telling them to run would wear the sensation off a little, “I’d suggest moving before I turn around.” It clawed out of the knight’s mouth in grated gears, therein attempting to sedate those unholy and unruly desires by pacing away, slowly. Her feet draped over the earth in pleading strides to do no wrong, not today. Like a puppeteer pulling on her phantom strings, she felt drugged and tugged by the need to do all these foul deeds. Oh, but she would not –– red and cerulean eyes stared into the horizon ahead –– it was a cold, hard inception of mind games. They danced in her head, screaming and chanting. Chameleon skittered across Cothurnus’ body in a charade of maple red, head somewhat lowered as her hackles roared in dominance. This was bullshit.

She, for one, would not submit.

Electricity 0/15 | Fire 0/15 | Earth 0/2.
Plasma Ball 0/1 | Sheen 0/1 | Meteor Shower 0/1 | Shift 0/1 | Chameleon 1/1 | Spider 0/1 | Camouflage 0/1 | Echo 0/1.
Investigator ∞.

Action. | "Speech." | Magic.

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
2.75 years
1 Attached Account

The words of that creature struck panic inside me. Were they threatening me?

But a possibility also rose, a possibility that they, themself, feared they were dangerous. If their intent was not to hurt me, surely it would not be happening, yes?

Surely they were not that mentally ill?

This was not a chance I was willing to take, but something pushed me to take it anyway. Something stupid, I figured, but the thinking, thinking, endless thinking was making me grow nervous. I needed to do for once.

Stand, I thought. You will not remain a coward here, curled up in a tight, frustrated little ball.

I stood. A shivering, cold sensation rushed through my legs. I was going to ignore it, I told myself.

Something I could not ignore, however, was the creature's sky-breaking horns. I'd seen antlers on a tiger before, but they were miniature--this wolf, however, had the horns the size of a demon.

And I couldn't help but notice their fur. It was a striking maple red, complimenting their demonic horns.

Perhaps they were a demon--or, I supposed I should say, an Avatar. I internally snickered.

"Are you okay?" I soon blurted, not quite sounding genuine in my concern. Really, I wasn't concerned much at all, rather curious.

This being was strange; I needed answers. That was all.

---------------

OOC: N/A