Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 16
Mar. 4th - Apr. 15th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Sep/Oct. '21
Character

Maternal/Paternal & Brawler

Fuli & Star
[played by Lightwood & Lizzy]

Cothurnus
[played by Akky]
Thread
Return

Census
M F O Total
Canines 68 62 04 134
Felines 80 70 07 157
Herbivores 10 05 00 18
Other Mammals 21 10 01 32
Birds 07 08 00 15
Reptiles 01 02 00 03
Other 18 06 00 24
Overall 192 162 12 366

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado
Spirited_Away

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private loving is easy
Goki

Mononoke
Female
Aldrnari Healer
Other canine
© Spirit
5.5 (9.75) years
Height: 12.9 in
AP: 6.5AP
Weight: 22

loving is easy

Mononoke Abernathy

The small woman hobbled along, wings tucked closely to her side. She had wandered out a little too far than she should have, but she supposed that Herleif would either be there to watch the kids or one of his family members would notice. He did have a huge family that she was now apart of. Mononoke was over the moon happy about having her family, being with Herleif, finally having settled and being happy where she is. Octavia and Aurelia lit up her entire world, there were no other words for it. Her necklace bounced along her chest as she wandered along, bringing back up the thought of magic. She went along till she spotted a hare and crouched low to the ground.

Mono would get as close as she could before she laid down, Camoflauge made her completely blend in with her surroundings. Keeping a careful eye on the prey, she waited till it were close and she hopped forward it. Drain would activate almost immediately before she made her final kill and began to snack down, however, she wasn't all that hungry. Perhaps she ought to take the left over back, someone was bound to want in.

However, as she lay there her head popped up at the sound of twigs cracking. Mono sniffed the air a few times before releasing a soft bark. "Hello? Is anyone out there?" The woman wasn't afraid. She had tons of magic at her beck and call, if that didn't work she could shift into a Tiger too. However, she also had antlers and protrusions. She looked like a freak of nature, who would even want to attack her anyways?

Action | "Speech" | Magic
(Elements, Unique, Blessed)
Plant 0/2 | Healing 0/11 | Necromancy 8/12 | Cleric 0/5 | Scope 0/1 | Chameleon 0/1 | Camoflauge 0/1 | Premonition 0/1 | Classify 0/1 | Silence 0/1 | Totem 0/1 | Wings 1/1 | Ripple 0/1
And Though She Be Little
She Be Fierce

Goki
Female
Banned
Other canine
© Silli
5 years
Height: 22in
AP: 48AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 30lbs

RE: loving is easy

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 11:56 PM by Goki. Edited 5 times in total.)
"And I know that once I walk away,
I won't return to the ruins!"

Goki was struggling to find her way through this maze of what she assumed were trees, but she had never seen such tall, high-branched trees. Her homeland was nothing like this, this was humid and alive with tiny creatures skittering about. Her purple eyes scanned every bit of ground in front of her as she made sure she didn't step on any holes. She hadn't seen a partially covered den a few paces back, and had dirt on her face to show for her fall. She was much more wary now.

Until she heard something rush past her. Goki startled, stepping on a small branch that cracked under her small weight. She instinctively winced, aware that had just let anyone in range know her general direction. She wasn't necessarily frightened, but she knew she was entering a land that was not like her own. While that was the appeal she saw in it, she was trying to remain wary in case she didn't happen upon the kindest soul. It was always best to keep a distance until a threat could be safely ruled out.

The voice that called out was clearly female, and the pitch made her think she was smaller than Goki herself was. She was by no means a large predator, but where she came from she was the top dog. She was just glad the voice hadn't sounded like a booming beast was ahead of her. She didn't think she could handle that just yet. She remained cautious as she took careful steps towards the source of the voice, stepping into an area that wasn't in the shadow of a tree. She looked out at the small dog that must have been the one to call to her, her head tilting in confusion. Was this... an adult?

"Hello." Goki greeted, her voice sweet and soft. She didn't have a particularly high pitch, but it wasn't too deep either. The dingo's eyes landed on the appendages tucked at the smaller canine's sides, causing her brow to quirk in confusion. Were those really wings? As the larger of the two began to examine the antler-adorned canine, she couldn't tell if those deer antlers were a trophy of some sort. The protrusions from her shoulders were absolutely from her body and thus strange to the newcomer, but she didn't judge others based on their appearance, so she just tried to start a conversation. "Excuse me, I've been trying to find my way through these woods for a few hours now. Do... you know the way out?" She asked with a clearly nervous smile, one of her paws scratching at the ground in a nervous gesture.

OOC⟶ Embarrassed Goki. Lol

Stock from Pixabay | Table by Silverfrost

Mononoke
Female
Aldrnari Healer
Other canine
© Spirit
5.5 (9.75) years

Mononoke Abernathy

The creature that had stepped out of the bushes made her jump to attention. This was someone around her size! Mono felt like running in circles in mild excitement but she didn't, she just stared. They looked to be around the age she had ate the golden apple that Herleif talked about, the golden apple that granted her immortality. The other canine was still like 10 inches taller, however, her two and a half foot long antlers would say otherwise. She offered a pleasant smile to the other lady, wings vanishing from her sides as she dismissed the magic. This woman seemed nice to enough, her voice sounded sweet and with no hidden intentions. If anything, this woman reminded Mono her mother. She allowed a frown to come through perhaps for the split of a second before she shook away the emotion, replacing it with another big smile.

The words snapped her out of her happy fit and she nodded her head. "Ah yes, I can! I know these lands like the back of my paw! In which direction were you trying to travel?" Mononoke wasn't aware if the canine even knew where she was going, but it was worth a try to ask right? Her tail gave a few lop sided wags before she thought of another way to continue conversation, dipping her head as she spoke delightfully. "My name is Mononoke Ab-" wait, Herleif had asked her to marry him, which mean she would take his last name right? Her head rose up, chest puffing just a little bit in pride. "Mononoke Fritjov-Dame! But feel free to call me Mono for short." She understood the difficulties of remembering her first name, it was rather difficult. Even to pronounce.

Plant 0/2 | Healing 0/11 | Necromancy 8/12 | Cleric 0/5 | Scope 0/1 | Chameleon 0/1 | Camoflauge 0/1 | Premonition 0/1 | Classify 0/1 | Silence 0/1 | Totem 0/1 | Wings 1/1 | Ripple 0/1
And Though She Be Little
She Be Fierce

Goki
Female
Banned
Other canine
© Silli
5 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 06:35 PM by Goki. Edited 2 times in total.)
I won't return to the ruins! "

Goki smiled a bit and muttered an apology when the smaller canine jumped, feeling bad for startling her. Her expression quickly changed to one of pure shock when the wings on the dog just... vanished. It had been strange enough to see the appendages, but the fact they just ceased to exist was much more startling. What else could this strange make disappear with ease? She worried briefly if this was a magic she could only use on herself, or if could be extended towards the dingo herself. That was what truly had her on edge.

Thankfully, the subject of getting out of these forests was quickly addressed to let her shift her attention. Getting out of these stifling woods was her first priority, afterwards she would definitely ask about those wings. And of course the antlers would be questioned, though Goki just assumed they were placed as trophies, she knew where she lived that had been a common practice. "Oh, I just came to Yavania recently. I don't have any destination yet in mind, but I feel quite cramped here." She explained, looking behind her to make sure nothing was sneaking around behind her. She was very uncomfortable with not knowing this area and knowing anything could be hiding in the shadows.

Goki watched with interest as Mononoke cut herself off, raised her head with pride, and repeated her name with a different title. Had she moved packs recently? That was the only situation she could think of where one would change their title if it wasn't to specify their rank. "You have a beautiful name." Goki complimented with a smile, slowly moving closer to Mono, making sure her tail was low to negate any fears she was going to be aggressive. There was no reason to fight this girl, even less so as she seemed willing to do the exact opposite in helping the dingo escape this forest. "I appreciate you being so willing to help. I'm sorry if I'm taking up your time." She apologized in advance, knowing it was simply kindness that this smaller canine was offering aid. She had no obligation.

OOC⟶ Goki highly approves of Mono. Lol

Mononoke
Female
Aldrnari Healer
Other canine
© Spirit
5.5 (9.75) years

Mononoke Abernathy

She eyed the other female. She reminded her of her father, Mono's father was your average looking New Guinea Singing dog but this canine was not one. She wondered what species she is, but she thought it rude to ask. But why? Not everyone knew all the species, right? She didn't bother to linger on it no more, if anything she would ask a Kingdom member or perhaps Herleif. Surely he would know, right? She was brought out of her thoughts once again by Goki speaking, seeming to zone back into the woman's words. Apparently she had just entered Yavania recently, but felt cramped in the woods. "That's an understandable feeling, I come this way to get some time away from my kids. Gets exhausting, speaking of which I should head back there soon, but theres a nice place in the direction of the Kingdom. It's a place of beautiful rolling hills of green, very open, very nice." She released a laugh at the thought of actually being a mother, though. Wow, she never thought she would have kids ever but here she was with two beautiful babies. How proud would her mother be. She could only imagine the look on her mothers face when she found she was a grandmother. That is, if she hadn't disappeared. However, she once again pushed the thought away and pointed in the direction and began to slowly walk before glancing back to make sure Goki was following before continuing on.

Once complimented, Mononoke dipped her head in mild embarrassment and returned a sweet smile. "Thank you." She had not received a name in return, but truly she did not mind. Each to their own. The small dog herself also held non a threatening pose, but rather welcoming and friendly, not a hint of fear in her posture or words. She had no reason to be, again. She had tons of magic at her beck and call, but Mono would never take action without good reason and if anything she would walk away. But this woman seemed pleasant and friendly, so she saw none of that in the future. Besides, she was her friend already! Nodding her head at the woman's words, her smile grew even wider. "It is no worries at all! I happened upon Yavania at a very young age, I understand the feeling and am glad to help." As always, right? Spread kindness first, it was the best way to go about receiving good karma.

And Though She Be Little
She Be Fierce

Goki
Female
Banned
Other canine
© Silli
5 years
Linked Accounts

I won't return to the ruins!"

Goki smiled at the mention of children, a light in her eyes shining through at the mere mention. Children were such a joy, but she understood the need to get away from them at times, too. She trusted this mother had left them with someone safe, else she wouldn't have been away from them. Rolling fields sounded much more comfortable, so much more like home. "Pups can be a handful. If I may, how many do you have?" She asked, falling into stride beside Mononoke with a smile and a wagging tail. Clearly this was a topic that she was happy to jump into, not a moment of hesitation that maybe she was prying. In her mind kids were such a joy to a mother - especially when they were still referred to as pups - that the subject was highly unlikely to be a negative one.

Mono's thanks earned a gentle nod of reassurance. Then it dawned on the dingo that she hadn't given her own name, and she laughed nervously. "Oh, forgive me. I was so interested in the subject i forgot my manners. I'm Goki." She introduced, looking a little embarrassed that she had forgotten such a simple pleasantry. Hearing this smaller canine had come here at a young age made Goki wonder if she had been separated, abandoned, or something similarly traumatizing. Deciding it was best not to ask, she turned to look forward and said with a smile, "Giving kindness is the best way to receive it." She remarked, agreeing with Mono that it was a good feeling to help someone.

OOC⟶ Boop~

Mononoke
Female
Aldrnari Healer
Other canine
© Spirit
5.5 (9.75) years

Mononoke Abernathy

Mono noticed that the woman pretty much reacted the same way she did to the mention of children, perhaps a little more subtle though. She was always happy to chat about kids, they were her love, light, and joy besides Herleif. She attempted to keep a stride fast enough that Goki could walk at her normal pace. Mono was very small, most of the time it was difficult to keep up with others and if that was even needed she had a tiger she could shift into. What a world, yes? She went from being plain, no magic, to be able to shape shift, growing appendages, and a vast variety of magic. Besides, she even ate a golden apple that Herleif told her would make her immortal and so far that was eight season ago and she noticed no signs of aging. Looking to the Dingo as she questioned how many she had. "I have two pups! Their names are Octavia and Aurelia, but don't doubt that they're not two bundles of energy," she released a giggle, "They're still a handful." Would she bring up that they were wolves? Maybe, but only because she was a geek about these lands. "I must also say, Yavania is a very magical land. I say this because my pups are not my species but the species of their father, a wolf. They were delivered by an Avatar called Syuna." Her tail wagged just a bit too fast than is normal, she was trying not to gush information to the woman. I mean, she could talk all day about these things!

The name fell upon her ears and she seemed to get a little bounce in her step, just a mild bit of excitement to show. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Goki! It is not often I meet folks as kind as you." A smile remained plastered on her face, but no she was telling the truth. Mononoke didn't really meet new folks ever, this was rare for her. Most people she met were from the Kingdom, which yes were nice folks but they weren't rogues she met out in the wilds!

Nodding her head as the woman said that spreading kindness was the best way to receive it. "Truer words have never been spoken before! If you strive to be kind to everyone you meet, you will in turn receive good karma in return." It was something that she stuck by, rather religiously too.

And Though She Be Little
She Be Fierce

Goki
Female
Banned
Other canine
© Silli
5 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 03:33 PM by Goki. Edited 1 time in total.)
" Don't let your fire burn out; don't be afraid to stand out ! "

Goki slowed her steps when she noticed Mono was having to walk a bit faster than what she expected was comfortable to keep up. The smaller canine had such a big personality that she almost forgot she had shorter legs than the dingo herself. She didn't say anything about it, just slowed to a leisurely walk. She wasn't in a particular hurry anyway. The road to her goal was rarely her concern; as long as she got from point one to point two the road between meant very little.

Two pups, a perfect size for what she assumed was a first time mother. She listened with great interest, only looking away now and then to make sure her path was clear. "Those are lovely names." She complimented before giving a small, gentle laugh at the mention they would be bundles of energy. "It's no easy feat to raise young. But, they'll teach you as much as you teach them, if you allow them to." She knew the things she was saying were going to lead to a question she didn't particularly want to answer, but she couldn't help herself! Giving advice to a new mother wasn't something she could turn away from.

As Mono went on to say the pups were wolves, like their father, Goki looked a tad more confused. Not only were the small dog's pups not her own species, but more pressing in her confusion: "Wolf?" She parroted, looking puzzled. She didn't think she'd heard that word before. She assumed it was a type of canine, that was a logical conclusion, but what did that imply for the puppies? Goki's interest spiked again when one of the avatars was mentioned. She knew about the avatars and magic, but details hadn't been divulged. Syuna had brought her the pups, pups of what seemed to be a inter-species relationship. Something akin to a fertility goddess, then. "I see. So, this wolf, what is he? Is he also a canine?" She asked, not afraid to ask answers for things she didn't understand. She could ask more about Syuna later, she was more curious how far apart this difference was that the avatar could bridge the gap.

When complimented for her kindness, the dingo felt her cheeks warm as she gave a smile. "You've made a fine impression of Yavania yourself. If even half of the people here are like you, my journey here will have been well worth the effort." A compliment for a compliment, and she wasn't exaggerating. She knew there would always be good and bad mixing, but an even split was more ideal than one side over-powering the other. Goki made a soft "hm" as she looked ahead. "I suppose karma is the correct word for it. Such terms are rarely used where I come from. They were more rooted in using the phrase 'reap what you sow'." She explained, basically repeating the same concept, just making it a far more personally accountable version.

OOC⟶ <3

Mononoke
Female
Aldrnari Healer
Other canine
© Spirit
5.5 (9.75) years

Mononoke Abernathy

She was happy that the woman slowed to a leisurely walk, it made it easier for her to keep up. Then all she had to do was walk her normal speed, just a tad bit first faster. Goki was nearly twice her height, however, the small canine found it funny how her antlers reached far past the Dingo's head. They stabbed into the air, a rack of glory to say the least. Handy to have in bad situations, she supposed as she could always head butt someone with them. Man, that really would hurt wouldn't it? Mono felt herself light up more when the woman said there were nice names, nodding her head in turn. They were, weren't they? She loved the kids and she loved their names, Mono didn't know the origins of Aurelia from Herleif but the name Octavia had always been a big one in her mind. In fact, sometimes she had wished that were her name. It was beautiful, it had no particular meaning it besides the fact she loved the way it sounded. "Very true, having kids is a rather large lesson in itself. One that a creature may never understand until they have some of their own." She tossed a glance in Goki's direction before looking forward, making sure she wouldn't trip over anything. Being short meant that almost everything was a tripping hazard for herself.

Then came the question of wolf, it didn't really occur to her that one wouldn't know what a wolf is. But she summed it up to be that, and as she was to begin explaining the woman asked if a wolf was a canine of some sort. "Yes, actually they're rather larger. You're around double my height, which means he would be around triple my height. The only reason we work is because he can shape shift in my species and I can shape shift into a tiger, it is a striped feline. I could show you, if you wanted to see?" It was only if the woman felt comfortable, tigers were massive creatures and her form was about the same height as Herleif in wolf form.

Goki's words on how she made a fine impression of Yavaina made her light up with joy, she was happy to put a good name on Yava in that way. Tail wagging just to express it, "Well I am glad that I could make a good impression." Switching back to the conversation of Karma, she spoke of another saying. It was one she had heard before but didn't use often, it didn't necessarily match her 'personality' she supposed. It seemed just a bit darker than the word karma but she nodded her head. "I've heard of that saying a few times, but I've never actually said it myself!"

And Though She Be Little
She Be Fierce

Goki
Female
Banned
Other canine
© Silli
5 years
Linked Accounts

" Don't let your fire burn out; don't be afraid to stand out ! "

Goki didn't mind slowing her walk, and in fact it made it easier to focus on their conversation. She was pleased to hear they agreed on the blessing that was having pups, and how parents and pups alike learned from the experience. "Yes, I agree. Had I not once had my own I wouldn't know how to be so excited for you." She caught the glance, but didn't pay it much mind. She didn't want to delve into her past, but the way Mono had phrased her words made Goki feel the need to confirm she had been a mother once, and did know the feeling first-hand.

When the subject changed to wolves, the dingo listened with great interest. Larger, much larger it seemed. A canine larger than herself, and far larger than Mono herself. She realized then Syuna had needed to aid them. She couldn't imagine a natural attempt at such a thing. Hearing they could shift shapes had Goki much more intrigued. "Shape-shifting? Is that something anyone can do with magic?" She asked, her tail wagging in excitement at the mere thought. If she could turn into a larger animal she'd be able to defend herself better and help give her words more power to evade squabbles. The larger you were, after all, the less likely someone is to mess with you.

Goki nodded in simple agreement about the first impression. As they moved on to discussing karma, she smiled a bit nervously at Mono. "My pack lives by the laws of the land we lived on, similar to what I hear is common here. Mother Earth is an easy concept for me to understand, as we cared for our nature and cherished it as well." She explained, taking a breath of the air and appreciating it for a moment. "The air is clean and crisp. Not as dry as my home. It's easier to breathe." She rambled on a bit, amused by how the air had changed so. She turned back to mono and softly added, "I suppose what I'm trying to say is we held our individuals accountable for eating no more than their share and damaging no land not needed to build shelters." She tried to simplify.

OOC⟶ <3