Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome The Sun and The Moon

Caelan
Female
Kamar-Taj Queen
Other feline
© Amelia
8.75 (12.25) years
Height: 22 in
AP: 59AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 79 lbs

RE: The Sun and The Moon

Caelan

Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know

Though she did not like to leave her son alone, farsight tugged at her, vying for her attention in a land far away. She didn't know why she might be needed, but she made up her mind quickly. Teleport guided her, and she appeared among the three canines in a flash of light. The scent of Kamar-Taj was recognized from the smaller female. Having caught the heel of her words, The Ancient One smiled before speaking. "Master Searing remains one of the teachers of Kamar-Taj, but I have resumed the position of Lead Master." Parse told her the names of the two canines. "Greetings, Fennu and Xǐyuè. I am called The Ancient One. Why does my student believe you are in need of Kamar-Taj's attention?" Did they require healing? Did they require sanctuary?

OC: You may sip Mononoke to reply, as it's been more than 5 OC days.

Text | "Talk."

She wears many pieces of jewelry: a silver eight-spoked Dharmachakra on a leather chord, a jade bracelet (around her right forepaw), prayer beads (around her left forepaw), a silver lotus ring a gold ring engraved with symbols (both on her left paw), a silver ring with a pink gemstone.

Xǐyuè
Female
Rogue
Maned wolf
© Avocado
2.75 years
Height: 36 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 65 lb

Xiyue knew her brother was probably not fond of Kamar-Taj, but he said he could learn something from it. That would be wonderful, she would enjoy her brother learning and enhancing whatever magic abilities he was gifted with. A female snow leopard appeared in a flash of light in front of her eyes. Contrary to her stoic unreadable appearance, she was quite impressed and surprised. That must be light magic, she was positive of it. The woman spoke claiming to be the lead master, saying her name was “The Ancient One”. The woman even seemed to know her and her brother’s name, another magic of hers? It sounded more like psychic abilities than anything else. If she was the lead master, to Xiyue that equivilated to royalty. She gave a graceful bow to The Ancient One before she spoke, her dainty body moving with purpose.

“Good day Ancient One, your student Mononoke spoke of Kamar-Taj to be a place for healing the soul, or a home. We hope that to be true, we have unfortunately had to leave our homeland and now seek a place to call home. Personally I am hoping to learn more about these beings you call avatars, and the magic they represent as well as enhance my abilities. I woke up the other day with much knowledge that I am curious to know more of. My brother is more of a physical person, and I hope Kamar-Taj can accommodate training for him and help him pursue his abilities as well. If I may ask a quizzical question of you Lead Master, do Avatars Talios and Syuna guide your path in your magic? Your appearance in light was certainly that of light magic, and the knowledge of our names seems to be more of a psychic ability than savant magic. Am I correct in that assumption?” Her face showed no emotion as she spoke. She did not think her questions were rude, but rather more of the curious tendency. She thirsted for knowledge and understanding and hoped that The Ancient One would assist her in that curiosity.

Fennu
Male
Rogue
Maned wolf
© Tae
1.75 years
Height: 40in
Linked Accounts

Weight: 73lbs

Fennu Héxié

What would the sun be with no moon?

He had been interested in what the small canine would say to his words, but it seems other plans had been set into motion. He stumbled back, tripping over gangly legs and landing flat on his back as a flash of light startled him. His eyes would only widen at the sight of the feline, who had seemingly appeared in the last three seconds. He ungracefully rolled onto his stomach, casting an glare in the direction of the pale hag. She looked ancient indeed, even the way she spoke. Who the hell calls themselves The Ancient One? His lip curled in slight distaste for a moment. However, his attention was drawn to his sister as she bowed. He frowned and rose into a sitting position, listening to her speak. What in the ever-loving hell was she talking about? His gaze would remain solely on her, his scowl only deepening when his sister mentioned him having abilities. As his sister finished speaking he would clear his throat.
"Oh, dear Xiyue, do you mind telling me what the hell you are talking about? Because I feel like I am missing a key component of this conversation." his words were spoken with careful patience. his sister had told him to behave, and for her he would

Actions. | "Speech." | 'Thoughts.'
Maned wolf (OnceAndFutureLaura) | Background (moonglowlilly)

Wynter
Female
OC
OC Account
© Wynter
16 years
Height: Short
1 Attached Account

Weight: Fluff

HELPFUL HINT

Greetings, roleplayers!

Avocado, I understand Xǐyuè got all of that information via devout, and that it is a passive spell, but there is no sign of her ever using it or discovering it. Whenever using information your character attained with the help of a power, be sure to state they attained it with the help of a power. Also, she only knows the name associated to each avatar, not what they can do or how they work. Next time doing this, I suggest being more careful. <3

This thread is not on hold. ^^

Staff
Other
Administrator
OC Account
© Staff
-- years
Height: --
AP: 568AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: --

STAFF NOTE :

I believe there is some confusion here. The spell Devout (though passive) must be bolded, as Wynter stated). Additionally, it grants the following information to the Cleric Mage:
  • Mother Earth's existence
  • the creation story on the Religion Page
  • the names of the Avatars
  • the elements associates with each Avatar
  • the brief description of the Avatars on the Religion Page
  • the names and times of each Festival on the Religion Page

I hope this helps!

Caelan
Female
Kamar-Taj Queen
Other feline
© Amelia
8.75 (12.25) years
Height: 22 in
AP: 59AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 79 lbs

Caelan

Loving can heal
Loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know

The girl spoke first, giving explanations and asking questions. The Ancient One only smiled in response, waiting for her to be done. It was best not to intervene when someone was rambling; they would tell you all you needed to know if you only waited. "Those that desire to learn are always welcome at Kamar-Taj. That is one of our missions -- in addition to healing those that need it. You seem to have quite a gift for magic, I must say. I can answer those questions as more as your Master -- your teacher. As for the physical aspect, I teach my students to handle situations without violence first, but I train capable warriors. There are some problems even words cannot solve." She glanced to the girl's brother and then back to Xiyue. "Shall I leave you to discuss the option with your brother?" She had no desire to listen to them discuss their options because she had no desire to pressure them. This was their choice and their choice alone.

She turned and stepped away, giving them space.

OC: I'm SO sorry guys! This was somehow not on my list. I apologize. My next reply won't take so long. <3 BTW yall can skip her until you address her again IC.

Text | "Talk."

She wears many pieces of jewelry: a silver eight-spoked Dharmachakra on a leather chord, a jade bracelet (around her right forepaw), prayer beads (around her left forepaw), a silver lotus ring a gold ring engraved with symbols (both on her left paw), a silver ring with a pink gemstone.