Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 10
Dec. 1st - Jan. 19th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Oct. '19
Character
Caelan
[played by Amelia]
Thread
We Could be Immortals

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Dame Interrupted

Váli
Male
Eternal Resident
Wolf
© Amelia
5 (11.75) years
Height: 40 in
AP: 8AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 179 lbs

Dame Interrupted

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 07:05 PM by Váli. Edited 1 time in total.)
Vali Dame watched the sun hover on the horizon. He'd been apart from his family for what seemed like an eternity. How long had it been? Time was a blur. Days, weeks, months -- they all blended together. There were no seasons here, so it was impossible to measure.

It really was quite boring.

He missed his family. Stark, Frigga, Lifa, Linnea, Jarvis...they all lived on. He was grateful for that, of course, but he was desperate for the company of those he loved. Perhaps they had died, and he simply hadn't found them yet? That was possible, he supposed...

With nothing else to do, he closed his eyes, basking in the cool air of the dawn. As he did, he let his mind wander.

Salazar
Male
Spirit
Cougar
© Lightwood
4.5 (11) years
Height: 30in
AP: 17AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 120lbs

RE: Dame Interrupted

Tricolored eyes squinted into the sun. The fiery sky looking much warmer than how the air felt. Felt. As in feeling. Something the man hadn't been able to experience in a long, long time. Salazar felt a smile tug on his features as he closed his eyes. Horned head tipping up as he basked in the sun's glow. Claws unsheathing as he pushed deep into the ground. Only to quickly yank his paw away. "Damn, haven't see you bad boys in a while, huh?"

If he was able to have his body back did that mean that he finally made it into the afterlife Zipporah spoke of? If so then where was she and the kids..? Brows furrowed as opened eyes quickly glanced around him. Nothing.. Only some dude enjoying the peace. Before his eyes could slide away the cougar would set off to get closer to the other male. Salazar hadn't seen anyone else yet and this might be his chance at a fresh start. He got his physical body back and now all he needed to do was have at least one friend here. One friend. That's all he's askin' for!

"Hey, man. Nice place, ain't it? I'll tell ya.. It's been a long time since i've been able to actually feel the world..." Sal would slowly trail off. All he meant was to say hi, not ramble on.

Action | "Speech"
stock image taken by Eric Kilby.

[M] for mature language <3

Váli
Male
Eternal Resident
Wolf
© Amelia
5 (11.75) years
Linked Accounts

Vali's eyes snapped open, readjusting to the light of the sun. "Hm? Oh, yes. Quite nice," he agreed, though he hadn't a clue what the man meant. After a moment or so he caved and clarified, "You've just arrived?" Though the cougar's words clearly implied that, Vali wasn't certain. He wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box. Little did he know the man was a true Spirit. "I've been here quite some time...Say! If you've just arrived, do you perhaps know the Kingdom? I left behind a wife and children." Though two of his pups had died in a freak hail storm; that's why he'd challenged Defros in the Arena. For the unrighteous deaths of his young pups. Vili and Jörmungandr. He still felt anger at how their lives had been cut short due to the stupidity of an Avatar.

Salazar
Male
Spirit
Cougar
© Lightwood
4.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

"Just arrived? I don't believe I ever left. Sure, there was that split moment of darkness when I died, but after that I came back. Are you a spirit too? Like, see through your body spirit? The only other one like me was Zee... But i'm pretty sure you're fleshy so maybe not..." Perhaps Salazar talked too much. Not that he really cared. It'd been too long since he was able to voice his opinions to someone else. The male would settle himself down into a comfortable position. Haunches neatly touching the ground. He would listen intently to the other, head tilted slightly as he considered his question. Kingdom.. Kingdom?

"I don't believe i'm familiar with a kingdom... wait... Did this kingdom have a guy named Anjay in it?" Salazar wasn't about to mention his banishment, but he just needed to be sure. Plus, maybe Salazar did know of this guy's family. Though that was rather doubtful, it still didn't hurt to try. "Or maybe someone named Nashad?" Wasn't Nashad and Anjay a part of some really huge group? Salazar didn't remember it to be a kingdom but then again maybe he just wasn't listening. Either way, maybe he did know of this kingdom after all.

Action | "Speech"

Váli
Male
Eternal Resident
Wolf
© Amelia
5 (11.75) years
Linked Accounts

Vali wasn't the brightest, so it took him a moment to decipher what was said. His brows furrowed as he worked through the torrent. "I am not a spirit. As far as I know... I've been apart from the living since I died...perhaps years ago. I cannot say. Time is...different here."

Disappointment hit him when the male said he didn't know the Kingdom. However, that was short lived. "Anjay? The little sparrow? Yes!" Anjay was still alive? Huh. Perhaps not much time had passed after all. Nashad? Did he know a Nasahd? Wait. The winged coyote Stark had challenged to get Moonstorm into the Kingdom? He'd joined the Kingdom? Huh.

Salazar
Male
Spirit
Cougar
© Lightwood
4.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

The cougar's eyes widened as he choked on his own spit. "Well crap.." He all but wheezed out as he blinked the water from his eyes. After he made sure he wouldn't die a second time the male huffed out an irritated sigh. "Look, i'll be honest with you. Only because I don't want to build our possible friendship off a base of lies. I, um, was banished. Never to step foot out of the southern lands. Anjay and I were never on good terms. I changed my ways though! Eventually Anjay brought me to the kingdom for a trial, but then Nashad killed me. Don't blame him, but there are other ways to sort out differences. In that little time in the.. kingdom, was it? Yeah, I don't think I was able to see your family. But it did seem to be this whole thing, a really big place. So, yeah man, your family could be living happily there. Now I have questions..." Salazar looked out over the prairie. Tricolored eyes narrowing as a cold expression passed over his face. It was a mask to hide his grief and his hope. He couldn't just expect to find his family here. He could very well be like the wolf and be living worlds away from his loved ones.

"My family.. My wife, children, and brother... My wife and children were taken from me and I don't know where my brother could be. I haven't seen him whatsoever. Even after death I could not find him roaming the lands. I need to know if they are here. If they are safe." A sharp pain ripped through his chest and his visibly winced. Brows furrowing as he cleared his throat.

There was always the chance that they weren't here. Then what? His only hope was to meet his family in the afterlife.

Action | "Speech"

Váli
Male
Eternal Resident
Wolf
© Amelia
5 (11.75) years
Linked Accounts

The conversation quickly turned. Vali frowned as the cougar spoke with honesty. He appreciated honesty, but he didn't know how to feel about what he was being told. Anjay didn't like this man? Well, Anjay was an excellent judge. So what was Vali to think now? Frowning, he listened carefully. Nashad? He knew that name as well! Nashad was part of the Kingdom now? Had the cougar said that? Maybe Vali misunderstood.

"Ah, well, I know not what crimes you have committed among the living...but certainly you have paid and paid well if you died for them." Vali logic. As for the man's questions regarding his family... "I have not seen another cougar here. That does not mean they weren't here. Though...perhaps they still live?" Vali wanted to tell the man he could visit the land of the living during the Feast of the Dead, but he didn't just yet.

Salazar
Male
Spirit
Cougar
© Lightwood
4.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

Salazar's eyes softened as the wolf said he had not seen another cougar around. His heart ached when the man stated that they could be alive. No. None of them were. Salazar knew that for certain and the fact that another cougar hadn't been spotted around yet crushed his spirits. "Um," his deep vocals cracked and he tried to clear his throat. But whatever crawled out of the pit of despair successfully lodged itself deep. "My family is dead." Crestfallen, the man hung his head. His only chance of ever seeing them again was this afterlife.

Zipporah believed in a being called God. Maybe she and the kids were in a different afterlife. Salazar never believed in any of that, not the Avatars of Yavania proved to be real. Maybe that's why he couldn't see them. He hadn't believed. Knowing that his own ignorance may have crushed his only chanced allowed self-loathing to wash over.

"This was my last chance of seeing them. It was one of the only reasons I had welcomed my death." Salazar had forgotten just how mind numbing pain could be.

Action | "Speech"