Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome To attend a funeral

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3.5 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 24AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 70 lbs

To attend a funeral

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 01:03 AM by Ħelu. Edited 1 time in total.)
Helu decided that they should probably leave the saffron filled fields. They didn’t really want to, but it was probably for the better. He kept walking eastwards until he came upon a canyon. The sight of it caused a wave of sadness to crash within them. Helu frowned as they walked to the canyon’s edge and cautiously looked over the edge. Their eyes widened at the thought of that being the last thing their best friend saw before he died. Ilma had taken his life by jumping off a canyon’s edge not but last season. The morning he found out, was all too fresh in his mind.

Memories of their best friend flooded their mind. They needed to build a grave, in honor of Ilma. Helu backed away from the edge and looked around. There were many stones of different sizes, they would make a stone mound then, but where to put it? Fire eyes peered around the land looking for a suitable spot for his friend’s grave. His eyes landed on a small healthy looking sapling that was growing at the edge of the grass border that separated the marsh from the canyon. “Perfect…”

With that Helu got to work, it took a few hours of moving different sized rocks into a mound shape at the base of the sapling before they were satisfied with it. After all, it had to be the best grave that Helu has made so far… He has made too many to count at this point. Helu had expertly stacked the stones from largest at the bottom to smallest at the top, the mound was about chest high. And now came the part that Helu was never good at, talking with the deceased.

Helu sat down in front of the grave, their ears pointed downwards in sadness. He cleared his throat and spoke solemnly, "Hey Ilma… it’s me… “ It was always hard starting these, it never got easier. He had always been the one to speak at any funeral he attended. But those were always so formal, always in front of a crowd. This, this was their best friend, and this time, there was no one around. This time he could speak from the heart.

Tears crept at their flame colored eyes as they bit their lip. This was cruel, it wasn’t fair, Ilma should not have died. A tear rolled down their face as they spoke. "You… left a mess behind didn’t you buddy? You… shouldn’t have been the one to die. It was too early for you. What is our little weird patchwork family suppose to do without you? Granted I don’t even have a clue where the other two went, only guesses. You were suppose to be the thing that held us together. Do you really think I will be able to reign in Genna and Siekta? You are suppose to be here to do that! At this rate Siekta will end up just like Genna!... If Siekta is even alive… He has to be though. Right? You wouldn’t have taken your life for no reason. I overheard from a guard… your last words were telling Siekta to run. Please… please tell me the kid did not see you die. Please tell me he is okay… Please Ilma, let the kid be okay.”

Tears had begun falling from their face. They were scared. What if the kid was dead, what if Genna had been taken captive of the kingdom. No.. knowing Genna he was smart enough to avoid that, but the kid… he had no clue about the kid’s capabilities. Well, he knew the kid was super smart, but could he have gotten this far on his own? And then there was Genna, that stubborn cat. Right now that man was probably even more prickly than usual. Speaking of which… "Prickly Pear… what kind of pet name is that? You should have called him sea urchin, or pissed off cactus! That would suit him much better but Xewk Langas? Prickly Pear? That’s what you went with. ‘Because he is prickly on the outside but sweet on the inside’ pssh… I don’t know what you saw in that man. He is rude, and stubborn. But… you were right, he is smart and caring as well. He loved you and the kid. Put himself on the line, just like you… Lost part of his tail for the kid when the kid went and broke something. Lost basically his voice… and almost his life, for you when the king found out you both slept together. You know I didn’t understand why he told me to feed you and Siekta those bad berries that day. It was only after when I found out why, Genna knew what was going to happen that day, maybe not all of it. I think he maybe thought it was just supposed to be him that got punished, but.. It wasn't just him. That monster made sure he paid, ten fold. The whole throne room was painted red in blood… it was horrifying. Genna did not want you or the kid to see it. Stupid cat… He should have asked for help for himself. He never does though. Sorry Ilma... I am cursing your lover at your own grave. That’s incredibly rude of me… Speaking alone at a funeral, is new to me. Speaking at my best friend’s funeral… is much harder than I could have ever thought.”

They took a deep breath and shook their head. This was hard to do, it hurt, but they needed to grieve, and Ilma needed a funeral. "You were not much different than Genna though. You took yellings, threats, and beatings without batting an eye for Siekta. You were like a mother to him. You always made sure that kid was untouched. Even at the cost of your own life. Genna didn’t know, you made sure of it, but I knew… you were already dying before you jumped off that ledge. That monster was killing you slowly. You never asked for help though, I always had to force it on you. You were stubborn, brave, kind, and caring. You were smart… and you would welcome anyone with open arms. The world is a bit less bright with you here my friend… Don’t worry though. I promise I will take care of Genna and Siekta, not as good as you would though, but I will do my best. Have a good sleep Ilma. I’ll see you again eventually, until then, look down on us and wish us luck.” With that they looked down at the ground for awhile in respect for the deceased. He had so much more to say, but he could always come back to the grave and talk with Ilma another day. For now, that was enough, their heart couldn’t take much more right now.

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Naeemah
Female
Rogue
Other reptile
© Amelia
8.25 years
Height: 108 (L)
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 325 lbs

RE: To attend a funeral

Naeemah had lost her way. Since coming to Yavania, purpose had been hard to find. Loneliness was her constant companion, but she was a warrior -- born and bred. She took the punches and kept rolling, so to speak. Realm after realm she'd served had crumbled. For many seasons, she'd simply traveled, hunting the weak from the water's edge and calling the many wetlands in this area home. Most tended to stay away, so she had few to converse with. That's why she was pleasantly surprised to hear a voice one day.

Naeemah edged closer, tail and legs propelling her slowly through the water, until she reached the bridge between land and lake. Scent did not reveal the gender of the creatue, but Naeemah thought little of it. Perhaps her nose was rusty interacting with the land-dwellers. "Jamila," she said. Beautiful. "I mean not to listen in," she added, Arabic accent thick. "But there is loss in your words. I do not know of who you speak, but I am sorry for the hurt."

Action. | "Speech." | 'Thought.' | Element.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3.5 years
Linked Accounts

“Jamila”

The sound pulled Helu out of their head. Helu’s head quickly turned to face the owner of the voice. He was a tad suprised to find that the heavy accented voice belonged to a female crocodile. They had not seen many crocodiles back at the Kingdom of Bones. Reptilian species usually were able to avoid the war better than most other species. They did however find her accent familiar, although they could not remember from where. Helu’s fiery colored eyes met hers, and they softened as she spoke further. The lady apologized for listening in, and gave her condolences for Ilma.

They shook their head slowly, with a sad smile upon their face, "Do not apologize madam. The being I am holding a funeral for would welcome anyone, no matter whom with open arms. I am sure they would be delighted to know that you attended, even if he did not know you.” Helu fought back some tears and continued to speak after a pause.

"His name is Ilma Premju…. Well, Ilma Premju was his given name, not his birth name. His birth name unfortunately was erased from time. Ilma was… is… my best friend. He is a strong, kind, selfless person. Thank you for listening to my speech to him, it is nice to not do this alone. I am sorry however if I have disturbed your peace. My name is Helu Ghasel, may I perhaps ask your name madam?” Helu’s voice was warm and sweet like honey. After speaking they turned and sat down, facing the unnamed lady, their posture was friendly and inviting. Their ears however were pointed downwards in sadness still.

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Naeemah
Female
Rogue
Other reptile
© Amelia
8.25 years
Height: 108 (L)
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 325 lbs

The creature -- Naeemah's nose had a difficult time assessing the gender, and she didn't think anything of it -- spoke. She didn't interrupt. It seemed these words needed to be said, and Naeemah knew a thing or two about that. "He sounds like he was a good creature to know...but he was fortunate to have you. Anta lateef. As long as you remember him, no part of him can be erased from time." She hoped the words gave the canine some comfort. She deserved peace. That this wild dog cared so much for their lost friend was heartening. "Marhaban, Helu Ghasel. I am Naeemah Asim. Did your friend live around here?" Naeemah knew little about the realms in this area.

Anta lateef - You're very kind.
Marhaban - Greetings.

Action. | "Speech." | 'Thought.' | Element.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3.5 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

I may be sweet, but even honey can become bitter.

Helu smiled softly at the lady’s words. It brought them some comfort. "Thank you… Your words were soothing. I shall then carry on his memory so he may not be forgotten.”

The lady then introduced herself as Naeemah Asim and asked if Ilma had been from around here. "It is a pleasure to meet someone kind like you Lady Naeemah Asim. And… No, Ilma and I were not from around here… thankfully.” Helu’s eyes diverted from Naeemah for a moment and looked upon the beautiful landscape around them. They spoke as if recalling a bad memory, "We came from the land very far away. One I hope to not see again… If I can avoid it that is.” They snapped out of it, and looked back at Naeemah,"Do you by chance live around this area Lady Naeemah?” They wanted to know if maybe Naeemah knew anything about the area. Since they were new to these lands they knew nothing about it. "The language you speak is pleasant sounding. I believe I have heard it spoken back where I came from, but I am not aware of its name. What is it?” Maybe that was the truth, so many people from all over were forced into the Kingdom of Bones. Dozens of different languages were strewn about the region, so it was extremely possible that they have heard it. Naeemah’s language did sound familiar after all.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont