Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year IX
June 1st - July 16th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Kari
Ozone
Relationship
Kari & Helu
Thread
Never Again

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Open
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Borders Death's Flower

Fjura
Female
Rogue
Wolf
© Avocado
3 years
Height: 34 in
AP: 14AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 125 lbs

Death's Flower

Days ago Fjura had tracked the scent of king’s private chef Helu Ghasel to the borders of a territory, no doubt that the African Wild Dog would try and stay close to a territory in case he needed help. A walk around the areas surrounding the territory also told her that Genna was also nearby, which meant that Siekta Premju was probably in the territory. Genna was smart, but predictable when it came to certain things, he would not be so willing to join a territory unless he had good reason. The child was one of those things; the wild dog probably was trying to divert attention away from the territory somehow, so predictable. That was the play they always did, Siekta would mess up somehow, Genna did the dirty work in protecting the child, usually making things worse somehow, Helu cleaned the mess behind him and Ilma would then try and calm down the king. How the king kept falling for it time and time again was beyond her understanding however. “But your little play will not work on me, especially since Ilma is no longer here.” She wondered how they were going to adapt without the man. She gave a sniff of the land, trying to remember its smell. It was filled with many different scents of different creatures. The smells intermingled with each other making it difficult to pull them apart. All that she could take away from this territory was that it had many species within its borders. Hmm… Interesting. With that mental note she left the area and moved southwards through the land. She needed to find a place to gather more information about this territory and its people.

Earlier this morning she had run across another border, this time her nose let he know that some form of canines resided here. Good, following that thought she had gone to work on hunting and managed to take down not one, but two deer, bringing us to the present.

With effort she had just got done dragging the corpse of the larger deer to the border’s edge. A peace offering, in hopes they would be willing to discuss information among other things. The smaller of the deer however was for herself to enjoy. She moved her shadow black body gracefully back towards the smaller deer. There was blood on her chest from killing both of the deer, the bold red color only matched her odd spider lily shaped birth mark. She paused for a moment to look at the deer's neck. Both deer she managed to kill by crushing their airways. Not the quickest way to kill them, but a good way of killing none the less. Grabbing the smaller deer by the spinal structure of the neck she dragged the corpse a good distance away from the border, about forty feet away. The distance was enough to be seen, but not close enough to cause distress to whomever the territory belonged to. After all she knew nothing about this land or its people. She shook her black body before she sat down in front of her meal. She was exhausted from taking both the deer down, although she would never let that show, not externally at least. Her heart was still pounding a bit and her breathing was a bit harder, something that would surely calm down with time. No sign of emotion dared to show on this woman’s coal colored body as she began to rip apart the deer chest and consume it in front of her while still keeping her electric blue eyes and black pointed ears open to everything around her. She was not about to let anything sneak up on her, not in this unfamiliar land.

Grennian
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
3.5 (4.75) years
Height: 40 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 169 lbs

RE: Death's Flower

Grennian & Exposed

I hate you, I love you
I hate that I want you

Well well well. What had the cat dragged onto his borders this time?

Grennian was patrolling when the scent of both death and stranger tinged his nostrils. It was close, thus he needn’t wander too far to discover its source. His eyes narrowed. He’d attempt to stay hidden in the forest. He crouched low in the brush about twelve feet from the girl. They didn’t seem to be crossing his borders, but he felt the need to… mess with them a little. Ghoul reached out for the corpse Fjura had brought. The deer moved up to its feet in awkward, sickeningly jerky movements and bone-craving sounds. Ventriloquism attempted to project his voice from the zombie’s mouth as he moved it.

”And who might you think you are?? You’re upon the Black Hand’s borders.”

Actions. | "Grennian." "Exposed." | 'Grennian.' 'Exposed.'

Fjura
Female
Rogue
Wolf
© Avocado
3 years
Height: 34 in
AP: 14AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 125 lbs

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 04:09 PM by Fjura. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Edited post for clarification. )
Since Fjura was on alert of her surroundings she managed to catch a whiff of another creature upwind of her. The scent smelled of an adult male wolf as well as strongly smelling of the nearby territory. “A onlooker perhaps?” She gave a sniff of the air again and noted no one else nearby. She kept her ears peeled for any noise coming from that direction as she pretended not to notice. Instead she was greeted with her deer meal’s body twitching as if it was alive. She let go of her meal’s flesh, stood up on all fours, and took a step back as she watched with an emotionless posture and face as the deer began to rise, unnaturally,moving as if possessed. There were sounds coming from it that were unnatural as well. Though none of this seemed to faze her external expression. She was trained from birth to be in absolute control of how she presented herself. She was externally devoid of emotion, and for the most part, internally as well. Although lately there was that small voice that spoke every once and awhile, one that showed emotion, but it seemed that voice was not ready to speak. At least, not yet. “What… is this? It’s movements look similar to the puppets the primate servants made at home for entertainment. Perhaps, that is what it is? A puppet, an awfully large puppet, with… no strings.” The primates back home in the city of bones commonly made ‘puppets’ crafted out of sticks and vine. The primates who were new at the craft tended to make similar jerky movements with their puppets, just like the deer was currently.

The whole ‘no strings’ thing confused her though. How is this corpse moving on its own? Eye’s focused on the corpse as her ears still kept their focus on the area where she had smelled the male wolf. Since the deer was clearly dead and unable to move on its own anymore, someone HAD to be tampering with the body, that was the only explanation for the sight she was witnessing. “Perhaps my surprise guest is somehow doing this? A puppeteer?” She watched the corpse’s movements when suddenly it appeared to “speak”. The corpse’s mouth moved as a voice seemed to emerge from it. A male voice, with a heavy Spanish accent, although the voice spoke English. The voice asked who she was and let her know what borders she was close to. “It seems my guest has a heavy Spanish accent. This will be interesting. Although I am confused on how the voice moved from wolf to deer. As well as how they are able to move it without touch.” Fjura knew a few languages, Spanish happened to be one of them, so she was very familiar with how it sounded. Even if it was not her birth language, she spoke it fluently and was an expert at recreating a flawless accent along with it.

She decided, she would entertain her guest, and maybe lure them out from the brush to have a conversation. She wanted an explanation for what was going on, how the man was able to do such things. Plus, there was a whole other deer that was over at the border’s edge meant for the territory. It would be a shame if it went to waste. The left corner of her lip twitched upwards slightly.

"Hmm. A puppet with no strings, interesting. A puppet that can also speak, even more so. Although what has me intrigued the most is, how?” A deliberate smile appeared on her lips, as her ears twitched and tilted themselves towards the hidden male in the brush. She had smelled the male earlier and was now assuming he was in the same position, probably trying to not be seen. I mean after all someone had to be controlling the deer corpse somehow, Fjura had crushed the deer’s windpipe and the insides of the deer’s chest were exposed to the air. The deer was not actually alive; therefore someone else had to be ‘pulling the strings’ so to speak.

Her voice was velvety, and held a tone of respect, deliberately so. She allowed her head to nod briefly down as a sign of said respect. "Hello good sir, my name is Fjura tal-Mewt. I was hoping to meet someone from the territory when I came across the BlackHand’s borders earlier. I left a gift at the borders, if you so choose to have it. Think of it as a peaceful offering.” She gestured her muzzle gently in the direction she left the larger of the two deer bodies.

Her voice then changed to a warm tone, with a flawless Spanish accent, " Tal vez si su titiritero desea unirse a mí para cenar, él puede llevar el regalo hasta aquí. Tal vez podamos responder a las preguntas de los demás? Aunque, la cena y un espectáculo que admito es entretenido.” She then looked to her left where she believed the man hiding in the brush was and gave a warm and inviting smile. She took a step back from the puppet however, in case it came crashing to the ground. She would rather it NOT land on her. While her mannerisms may have suggested a more friendly tone, she was actually on alert. Not being able to see a possible threat was not ideal.

Oc. Translation- “Perhaps if your puppeteer wishes to join me for dinner, he can walk the gift over here. Maybe we can answer each other’s questions? Although, dinner and a show I admit is entertaining.”
Oc. # 2: On Grennian’s profile it is stated that Grennian sounds like Antonio Banderas. And that man has a HEAVY accent. And very nice voice. A+.

Akradr
Female
Birb-Min & Burneh's Wife
OC Account
© Akradr
22 years
Height: --
AP: 1,959.5AP
21 Attached Accounts

Weight: --

STAFF NOTE :

Greetings, roleplayers!

According to our site rules, there is absolutely no metagaming, powerplaying or godmoding. Avocado, in your character's post, they have broken this field -- metagaming is giving your character information or knowledge they should not know/have. Grennian was stealthy on approach, yet you mentioned Fjura heard him? I do not see how this is possible, realistically. Secondly, how does she know he's puppeting the deer? There is no literal explanation for her to have this kind of knowledge, because technically, Grennian is nowhere to be seen or heard; and lastly, she would not know he is a king unless he says otherwise.

You need to be more careful, Avocado, since mistakes like these can cause confusion for other roleplayers. Do not fret, however! We all learn from them. Please edit your post to fix these discrepancies.

This thread is now on hold. <3

Kaitlyn
Female
Administrator
OC Account
© Kaitlyn
21.00 years
Height: Toll
AP: 1,219AP
10 Attached Accounts

Weight: Too Smol

○ ❖ ♜ STAFFNOTE ♜ ❖ ○
Greetings, Yavania roleplayers!

Pardon the intrusion, but Fjura's notice of Grennian is not invalid. Grennian would need to have the feat Stealthy (or a similarly presence-masking spell) to avoid detection completely. Nor is her assumption the dead deer is being controlled by him unreasonable so long as an explanation is given as to how this conclusion was made.

This thread is no longer on hold and may continue as the appropriate clarifications have been made.