Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year IX
April 15th - May 31st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Kari
Ozone
Relationship
Kari & Helu
Thread
Never Again

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Name
Burneh
Ailes
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private {Kari} An Escape From Reality

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 4AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 70 lbs

{Kari} An Escape From Reality

Since Helu arrived in Yavania they had been wandering around, at first they were trying to mask the scent of their friend Genna, but then it turned into something more personal. Helu had found an area filled with herbs, a place for a funeral for their best friend Ilma, and met a few new creatures. As for what they were doing now, well they did not really know. The way that wolf male that belonged to the territory refused to speak with him made Helu think that maybe the territory would not accept someone like them. That would be a stupid reason, but there were many people who disliked Helu’s very existence. A smirk appeared on their lips as a sassy thought sparked in their mind, “They are just jealous I got the best of both worlds I guess.”

The thought was something they commonly came up with to make the situation lighter. Honestly, their unique biological condition wound them up in a vast variety of situations. Helu has been the target of death attempts, death threats, harassment, bullying, gossip, admiration, adoration, lust, and of course… obsession. Their body shivered at that thought. They were glad to have gotten away from that scary situation, especially alive. Surely there was no way that his twisted ‘admirer’ would travel this far to find him. Not as long as he was the king’s right hand man, right? Honestly that man sent fear into them every time they saw him.

They continued walking, lost in their thoughts until the smell of the ocean and the strange sight of a rainbow colored beach brought them out of their thoughts. One of Helu’s eyes brows arched in confusion. "I must be dreaming… surely.” They had never seen such a colorful place before. Their fiery eyes took in the sights as they leisurely made their way onto the sand. Looking down they noticed the sand changed color as it moved. “I know I did not take any herbs… so, either I am dreaming, or this is real.” Helu looked around and saw a rock, they walked up to it and kicked it. They felt a bit of pain, so that means… "I am not dreaming. This place is real. Wow…” With that realization Helu sat down and looked around, taking in the beautiful sight that was the Rainbow Beach.

With only the sounds of the beach and ocean to reach Helu’s ears, they realized something. They were lonely, back at the kingdom they were surrounded by kitchen staff all day, every day. Then there was Ilma, Siekta and Genna as well. There was always someone around them, someone making noise and talking to them. Helu always had something to do, weather it was cooking, helping the disabled, being around Genna, Ilma and Siekta, picking herbs and crops, or enjoying food with friends. They wondered how their staff was doing… Maybe they should not have left. The Kingdom of Bones kept them busy all day, kept them from having time to think about themselves, or the bloodshed and horror that took place every day. Right now Helu had no work to throw themselves into, no person to help, and nothing to focus on. Helu was alone with their own thoughts, and honestly, it scared them. Being the head chef and having unlimited access to the palace and the surrounding areas there was so much that they witnessed in Kingdom of Bones that would horrify and traumatize anyone and now they had nothing to distract them from remembering it all. Helu’s heart began to race and they began taking deep breaths hoping to calm themselves down. There was no use in getting freaked out over it. Freaking out would not do them any good. Panicking about the past was NOT something they would be doing! Not Helu Ghasel!

With that thought they let a deep breathe out and walk toward’s the ocean, their body swaying as they moved. Well, shell hunting could be something that they could focus on for a while. It was a task they just made up, a simple one, but even simple ones could keep memories at bay. With their somewhat down focused on searching for shells they walked forwards down the beach, wading knee deep in the tides waters.

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Height: 38
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160

RE: {Kari} An Escape From Reality

Now dance, fucker, dance
Man, he never had a chance

She only left after making sure that the borders were marked. Once that task was complete, the Queen set off for adventure.

It had been a long time since she had done something for herself. Though, the last time she had done so, she had ended up with three little lion cubs running around. Honestly, she should have thought better of it. Because anything that has to do with coitus and the Dame family generally ended in little paws running around. Maybe it just had to do with Yavania. Perhaps Syuna had just taken a large liking to them. After all, both her aunt and father were marked by her.

Kari supposed that it was an answer to a question that she would never get. Smirking to herself, the wolf continued to walk. As she did so, rupture would be used, surprising her. Seconds later, after that surprise, fireball would be used on accident. Kari laughed to herself, her hackles standing on end just as rebound would be used. Each new power was taken in before she stared to walk again.

She'd have to practice them to make sure that she was well adept to know what they would be able to do. She needed to make sure that she had the limits down so it wouldn't make her look like a fool. As she walked, she hadn't realized that she had been heading in the direction of the rainbow sand. As she traveled into the sand, Kari gave a soft snort. That was when she scented the air. The peculiar scent came toward her, causing Kari to blink. It was a scent that she had touched upon before. Maybe not exactly the same but close enough. The russet wolf turned her attention toward it, finding a wild dog sitting in the sand. Admiring the view?

Stepping toward them, Kari didn't bother to mask her appearance. She felt no reason to do so. She was confident in her ability to hold her own should she need to. "In the need of company?" Her question came easily enough as Kari stood to the right of the wild dog. "Kari Dame." Introduction was easy as the russet wolf eyed the wild dog. She didn't even bother to question the strange scent. What did it matter to Kari what someone was or was not? She had family that were able to shift what they looked like (herself included). She had no right to judge and she cared little about such things anyway.

Action | "Speech" | Magic

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

Helu was admiring the colorful view of the rainbow beach when a female voice caught their attention. ‘In the need of company?’ Helu looked over to the owner of the voice. Their fiery eyes resting on a female wolf. The lady then gave her name as ‘Kari Dame’. Helu smiled at the invitation. Their voice like honey as they spoke, "I will never say no to friendly company. I am Helu Ghasel. Pleased to meet you.” They nodded their head down softly. Helu did not know who Kari was, or where she came from, but it was always nice to treat others equally and respectfully.

"I have to admit, I have never seen a rainbow beach before. These lands sure are strange. Fields overflowing with saffron and herbs and multicolored beaches. Do you perhaps know more of these lands? Maybe a glowing Lavander field?” Helu tried to make a joke, although it was a bit of an odd one. Usually people did not like food or herb jokes. Why someone wouldn't enjoy a good food joke was beyond Helu's ability to even bother understanding.

Helu knew that they probably should not be so friendly with complete strangers. After all, they didn’t know how to fight very well, and eventually they were going to bump into someone that wanted to hurt them. But surely someone wanting to hurt them would not offer their name so openly… right? “What logic am I even trying to make sense of right now? I must surely be desperate to talk to someone if that is the logic I am convincing myself with.”

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Now dance, fucker, dance

Oh, she was in luck. The company of the wild dog must be that of a talker. Kari could use that. A good conversation - or maybe more - was a welcome thing. She would be distracted from things that she didn't want to focus on. Being a leader was a tiring thing. There was hardly any time for her to be by herself. Add that to still being a mother, Kari seemed to be losing herself in work and more work.

Though, she would really consider the last time that she wanted to wind down. She had been gifted the large panic attack of being a mother and three bundles of lion ball fluff. Was it truly a bad thing? Well, that was still up for debate.

As the wild dog spoke about the scenery, that they had never seen something like this before, Kari stared upon the rainbow desert that they were standing in. Kari herself had seen it before. Of course she had. She had been born in Yavania. These lands were simply natural to her. So, maybe it was a shock to those that weren't used to unusual things being dragged into their lives. "I was born in these lands. So I can be your walking guide to everything that is Yavania. As for lavender fields, there isn't one. But there is a lavender forest. Does that suite your fancy?" Kari smirked. Her eyes twinkled at the other canine.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

Helu maintained a friendly smile as Kari spoke however they did pick up on the not so subtle flirting she was doing. “Nope nope nope NOPE NOPE NOPE!!!!” Helu’s internal thoughts were already yelling and putting up barriers against Kari. Helu did not do relationships, they actually actively avoided them. No one night stands, no love, no relationships. Nope none of it! It wasn’t like Helu was afraid of romance…… okay that was exactly it. However none of Helu’s panicking made it past internal.

Helu had a wonderful pokerface and currently was still smiling externally as they spoke trying to kindly reject her flirting. Helu only hoped that it would work, and that she would not be angry. "I admit that a lavender forest would tickle my fancy. I happen to actually be a chef, and as you know a chef’s one true love is food and herbs. Although cooking with lavender is not good for most species. Perhaps a stroll through the Lavender Forest may be reserved for another time.” “Or never. How about never. I shall find it myself. Alone! Uggg… but I really want lavender…” They did really want to get some lavender. Why did everyone seem to always swarm and flirt with them anyways. Was it the earrings? Or maybe it was the fact they usually smelled like herbs or food. After all, everyone loves food. “I bet it’s because of the food.”

Helu maintained their sweet smile as they continued to speak in their normal honey sounding voice, "Being born here and being able to see such sights all the time must be amazing. Although perhaps by now sights like this are completely normal to you. I assure you though, I have never seen a place even close to something as beautiful as this… Okay I take that back, I did see once an underground glowing waterfall. There was bacteria in the water that made it glow as the water fell. I can also confirm that the water tasted gross, and did not make your tongue glow. I say that the underground waterfall would be a close second to a rainbow beach.” Helu was trying to make the girl smile or laugh. Why? They didn’t exactly know, but making others laugh and be happy was what they always tried to do back home. It just seemed natural.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Now dance, fucker, dance

She was undeterred from the way that the wild dog was acting.

Kari's flirting was more for her own enjoyment than getting any action out of it. The reason for the let down wasn't important. Perhaps they were uncomfortable with the attention. If that was the case, what more fun would it be? Her eyes were sparkling, her lips crinkled up in a grin. Honestly, for her, that was a natural appearance. Though the youngest of her litter, she acted more like the eldest. "Who knows," Kari began, denying that the chef's one true love was only food and herbs. "If a chef's one true love is food and herbs, then what is a fighter's? Or a healer's?" She anticipated the answer, quite honestly. She suspected that it was going to be entertaining. She knew if she asked the same question to her grandmother or her aunt, it would be expected. But with a stranger that had a sharp tongue, from what she could see, it would be something that she wouldn't forget.

"Normal?" Questioned Kari. She couldn't help it, a break of laughter came as she slowly started to shake her head. "There is nothing really normal about these lands. It is always changing, much like the shift of color from the rainbow sands." To empathize her point, she brushed her paw against the grains of the sand, forcing the colors to shift slightly. "There are several other things that Yavania have to offer." Placing the bait, she hoped that the wild dog would ask the question.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

I may be sweet, but even honey can become bitter.

Helu’s face remained smiling and pleasant as Kari spoke. Without missing a beat they replied in their rich honey voice, "I am sure their love must do something with the clashing of bodies and repairing said bodies. But I am only a chef, I would not know that for a fact. It may be better to ask a fighter or a healer themselves.” They gave a small but sweet smile. The woman in front of them was bold, and did have a sense of humor. Although it felt like she was after something, Helu just did not know what.

Helu’s fiery colored gaze focused on her as she spoke more. She claimed that Yavania was anything but normal, that it was always changing. “Well normal never has really been my thing, so this place will suit me well I suppose.” Helu gave a warm smile and replied, "Well I am pleased to learn that your land’s are very interesting. Then that will make exploring them all the more fun.” “Hmm… I wonder if there are any new herbs or ingredients in these lands that are not available anywhere else. I would assume so. Maybe a fruit of everlasting life. Hah! Or a flower that gives you flight! Hahahah! Yeah right. Although there is sure to be interesting things here, if rainbow beaches and lavender forests are a thing.” Helu’s external expressions gave nothing away to what they were thinking internally, as per usual.

Then Kari threw bait in front of them, a phrase meant for them to take and ask for further information. “This is your game? Really? What are you after? Fine… I’ll bite. I just won’t bite… you. So you better behave lady.” Helu tilted their head and spoke in their iconic honey voice "Several other things? Like what?” Helu would let her play her game, for now. The conversation was taking their mind off everything else anyways. Except they did need to focus and ask Kari eventually if she knew anything about the territory that they had been walking the outskirts of for awhile. Genna was probably in the territory, and… hopefully Seikta was as well.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Now dance, fucker, dance

She was deeply amused with the conversation. Even if it didn't end in a little play time, the banter between them was good enough.

The strange scent that they were giving off wasn't off putting. After all, Kari had seen several things in her day. She was no stranger to something that wasn't exactly normal. Though, as she was flirting with them, maybe she wasn't as straight as she might have believed. Or maybe it was simply that she was bored and she wanted to see how far she could push them.

Kari was a stubborn sort. But she would never place her desires on another. Because if she did, she would become something that her family despised. The female wolf gave a large grin, her expression bright as the wild dog claimed that she would have to ask a fighter or a healer her question. "But hearing it in a different view point was the point of the question." She said softly. "I am a fighter. And my aunt is a healer. Though, fighting is not my only love and I'm sure healing is not her only love." However, it had been a while since Kari had actually been able to speak to Linnea. The female wolf narrowed her eyes when the wild dog started to speak.

"Besides the rainbow beach, there is an isle that is filled with plankton that change color. There is also a hollow that has mushrooms that glow."

She wondered if the wild dog thought there was something else that she was aiming for. It was possible that she was. Or maybe she was merely having fun making suggestions. Kari wasn't exactly fully sure herself.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

I may be sweet, but even honey can become bitter.

Helu listened to Kari’s response with a soft, polite smile. “Hmm… She is really going hard on his whole “love” thing. Well if she is going to continue talking about it then I shall make her work for it. Stubborn woman.” Helu’s eyes focused on Kari as they spoke sweetly, " Hmm, well to each their own I suppose.” They shrugged as their words politely dismissed the subject, though not from anger. “That topic will be hard to revive now.”

They listened to Kari speak more, talking about an isle filled with plankton and a hollow filled with glowing mushroom. "Well those are certainly sights I will have to see one day.” “That is not an invitation for you lady.” Helu’s smile still remained on their face. "Say, where do you and your aunt live? Is there a territory nearby?” “And now we are headed to a topic I would rather talk about. I just want to get back to cooking soon, surrounded by food and herbs.” They also wanted to be able to sleep, in a house, and not out in the open where they could be found by trackers. Surely the old king has sent many people out in search for Siekta and Genna. Helu if captured would surely become bait to try and lure Genna out. The cougar had a big heart under his prickly exterior. His really annoying, rude, and grumpy exterior.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 12:08 PM by Kari. Edited 1 time in total.)
Now dance, fucker, dance

She grinned to herself, not even bothering to hide her amusement. She was not stupid to notice that they kept switching the topic on her. Like they were running away from something that made them completely uncomfortable. And that meant that Kari wanted nothing more than to push them back into the unknown territory because it amused her. However, was that really a way to conduct herself? She had never cared about such things before so why would she start now?

"Going by yourself would be too depressing, wouldn't it?" As she said the words, her eyes twinkled. Glancing up to the sky, the russet wolf simply waited for the wild dog to answer her. Of course, Kari could already guess what that answer was going to be. However, the gentle let downs weren't a big deterrent. And it wasn't like she was actually trying to do anything. It was really no fur off her back if they weren't interested in anything that Kari had to actually offer. For the most part, she still wasn't even sure what the full reason for her motives were. Maybe she was just bored and this was the perfect way for her to ease away that boredom. Or it could be that she was finally calling her own sexuality into question.

If she thought about it, any of the above reasons could actually be true.

Thankfully, though, Kari simply didn't care about it either way. She was who she was meant to be and that was all that mattered, wasn't it? She couldn't help the small laugh as the wild dog clearly tried to steer the conversation. Allowing it, for now, Kari turned her gaze back to him. "Hm?" She had purposely neglected to mention her status of her rank and kingdom affiliation. It wasn't always important to say that she was a queen. Sometimes Kari simply wanted to be seen as another creature and not someone that was to be constantly respected. "My aunt is a healer in the Verja - the oldest realm within these lands. I am the Queen of the Algiz - the second oldest realm. We live in the Peninsula."