Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year IX
Jan. 15th - Feb. 28th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights
Character
Rai
CloudyNight
Relationship
Regalia & Vitani
Thread
LOSS

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Wynter
Burneh
Ailes
Spirited_Away

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private {Kari} An Escape From Reality

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
2.5 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 74.4AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 70 lbs

RE: {Kari} An Escape From Reality

Ħelu Għasel

I may be sweet, but even honey can become bitter.

Helu’s eyes focused on her watching her intensely as she spoke, their fiery eyes however softened as she explained. “So it’s a position that encompasses many tasks… I see. What a crappy title name. I’ll refuse food to whomever came up with that name. No dessert for them either.” You knew Helu was mad when they threatened no dessert.

"I am glad to hear that the position is different than what I had thought. Although I will boldly say, perhaps it’s a poor choice for that positions title. It may confuse others from different cultures.” They gave Kari a soft smile as they stood back up. Kari’s next words however were music to Helu’s ears. “Yes! I get to work with food! Not that I would have let any other position stop me from doing so.” It was true, no matter what position in the kingdom that Kari gave them, they would have just inserted themselves into the kitchen anyways.

"I am used to the position of a personal chef, and am honored to hear you are considering me for such a position. I humbly accept the position Queen Kari.” They gave Kari and elegant and deep bow, again with their chin almost touching the ground. They paused there for a moment before resuming a more normal position, a warm smile still on their face. "I do have a few more questions since the position seems to be more customized than others. Seeing as you wish for me to be a personal chef and not merely a chef, I am assuming you have a person or a list of particular people I am to serve? May I ask who or whom they may be? As well as since this position seems to be a more customized position than most, are there any other specific duties or rules that I am to follow or complete. Or will my duties change as needed? Although… I assume, you may need to know more information on my abilities before a judgement like that can be made. Am I correct my queen?”

Oops... Helu just called Kari ‘my queen’. It was out of their mouth before they could stop it. Honestly by this point it was almost second nature to Helu. They had to do for Katavri back in the old kingdom. Katavri thrived on knowing that you belonged to him, so servants always had to refer to him as ‘my king’. While Helu did not think Kari would dislike being called ‘my queen’, it was actually the opposite on which they were worried about. “I think I may have just inflated her head more.”

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (7.5) years
Height: 38
AP: 63AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160

Now dance, fucker, dance
Man, he never had a chance

She didn't bother to mention that it could be exactly what they thought of it being. It was up to the one that had a consort to decide what they wanted them to be. Right now, Kari believed teasing them was the most fun. And if that meant making them her personal chef, she'd do it. Her ears were flicked forward, listening to what the wild dog had to say. It was certainly possible that they had a lot to mention and she wasn't surprised when they had started to speak.

Her lips were still quirked up in that confident smile.

When they asked whom else they would serve, Kari didn't waste the opportunity. "The others that you will serve in cooking for," she began, "would be my three cubs. They are a year and a half." Was it a way for Kari to get out of the duty of being a food provider? Possibly. She didn't know herself. Even after all of this time, she still wasn't quite sure if she was made for being a mother. But she did what she had to do. She had willingly made that choice to be with the gray-scaled male. So she could blame no other but herself if she had wish to place the blame on anyone.

Which she didn't.

Kari wasn't known to actually regret the choices in life that she made. She took everything in stride - something she had learned more from her grandmother than her father. "The duties expected of you will have the potential of changing." Kari didn't want to set complete guild lines. "You have full authority to request any materials that you might need to make whatever you desire." After all, what would the point be of a personal chef if that chef couldn't do the job expected of them?

Action | "Speech" | Magic

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

So they would be having to cook for four people. The queen and her three cubs, that should be easy. Honestly it was too easy, that meant they would have a lot of time on their hands. They were used to having to cook for dozens in the main kitchen and then personally cook and serve for the royal family on top of that. They would prefer more work to be honest. Having too much time on their hands was not something they were used to, nor something they really wanted.

Helu gave her a soft smile and spoke,"I promise I only have a few more questions Queen Kari. What are the names of your children? What are your preferences in food? Is there anything you would like for me to avoid preparing for you or your children? I am sure I will learn your children’s preferences quickly but are you wishing for me to cook them whatever they ask or are you wishing for me to cook what they need?” These were important questions to ask. What if one of the kids had an allergy, or was a picky eater. The last question however was more of a personal question. Helu wanted to know if Kari was okay with Helu telling them ‘no’ and making them eat the food in front of them or if what she wanted was for them to make exactly what the children requested.

"My last question is, would you be opposed to me cooking for others in my free time? Of course my first priority will be you and your children.” They wondered if the queen would be willing enough to let them cook for anyone. Not that her permission would exactly stop them from cooking for others if she said no.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (7.5) years
Linked Accounts

Now dance, fucker, dance

The Queen certainly was not disappointed that the wild dog was asking so many questions. It meant that they weren't stupid in accepting things immediately when offered. It pleased her, even as it amused her. She had seen numerous of times when it was a questionable motive for someone asking for home. However, Helu hadn't necessarily been asking, now had they? Kari had merely made the statement and now she was trying to back that statement.

Well, whatever worked, she supposed. The first question was easy enough to answer. There was only three children that Kari had, and right now, she hoped that would only ever be the case. She wasn't even sure if she was completely cut out for the motherhood life. She felt like she was walking in completely unknown territory and yet, she kept plunging in head first. "My children are Brunnhilde, Soini and Jerrik. Deer and moose are strictly off limits. We do not have such meat in the kitchens. As for cooking for them, you have full reign on what you might wish to give them. They aren't entirely picky." Well, it was possible that they had become picky as they aged. It was a possibility that Helu would figure that out as they went, however.

When they mentioned if Kari would mind if they cooked for others in their spare time, the russet wolf merely arched her brow. For a moment, she stared at them before she shrugged. "You'll learn as you explore the Kingdom lands but most of the residents in the Kingdom are from the Dame-Fritjov line. You may do whatever you wish. I am sure the rest of the extended family would enjoy whatever it is that you decide to cook." As they would be the only chef that they would actually had.

In fact, Kari had only been half joking about the consort position. She could have easily made them a chef and yet, they had accepted. Kari wasn't going to suddenly change the rank on them, she was too far amused to do such a thing.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 09:49 AM by Ħelu. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ħelu Għasel

Helu listened to Kari speak, giving their iconic smile. ”So the children’s names are Brunnhilde, Soini and Jerrik. I will remember that. However, no deer, or moose? Moose I may understand for the taste or due to rarity, but deer. Deer is very common. Is that due to religious reasons.. Or perhaps residential reasons?” They could not think of any other good reasons why deer would be off the menu. I was healthy for carnivores, and easily obtainable compared to other game. Plus Kari specified that did not have such meat in the kitchen meaning it was a kingdom wide rule. Helu smiled and decided to ask, "Are the reasons for those specific food restrictions due to religious reasons of the kingdom, or due to the people who inhabit the lands? And are deer and moose the only two that I should avoid? Or is elk alright?” An inclusive kingdom would be a lovely idea. One that would think about maybe avoiding providing the same meat as their residents. It would be harder on the carnivorous residents, but not impossible. Seeing the body of your own species in a kitchen can be horrifying sight to see. They would know very well what horrifying things could happen in a kitchen under different rulings.

Helu managed to resist the nightmarish memories of the old kingdom and what they were made to do from surfacing in front of the queen. Managing to maintain their iconic smile hiding their emotion. Surely they would need to face it all sometime , but now was not that time; and absolutely not in front of the Queen.

“Thank you for extending my skills to allow others. I find it enjoyable to cook for many.” Mostly that was to keep busy and not have spare time for other things. But if they ended up not having enough people to cook for then they could take up gardening or some other food related thing.
Helu changed the topic again, asking another question. "Where will I be residing your highness? Is there a chef’s room adjoining the kitchen? Or perhaps a residence meant for kitchen staff?” Their head tilted slightly at the question. They wanted to rest soon after all. They needed to sleep well before starting to cook. Being out in the unprotected lands was not good for their sleep. Neither was being in the kitchen all the time, but they were NOT going to admit that to anyone.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Oc. Mature rating for mention of past.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (7.5) years
Linked Accounts

Now dance, fucker, dance

She liked that they continued to ask questions. It was a nice change to those that simply wanted into the realm without further questions. It showed her that they weren't going to be conned into something. At the same time, it amused her. Kari smirked, her eyes flicking upwards when the wild dog requested for the reason as to why deer and moose were off limits. Ah, there was another one, wasn't there? Kari was certain that her cousin had a daughter that was an okapi.

"Several of my cousins are deer, moose and an okapi. It would be rather traumatic for them to see that we are eating their own kind, wouldn't it?" Kari would make sure that no one would do such a thing. After all, most of the Kingdom was made up of family. They were all on the same page and that was all that mattered to Kari. "Elk is fine. We have hunters that constantly make sure that kitchen is stocked with fruits, vegetables and meats." Because the kingdom was large and there were so many mouths to feed. Just because they had a kitchen did not mean that others would not hunt for themselves at the same time. Kari still took time to make a kill every so often. She had to make sure that her skills were sharp and she wasn't getting complacent.

The topic changed once more and the Queen allowed for the switch. She didn't much care that they appeared to be moving the conversation along. It wasn't like it was something that she had to control. "The Kingdom itself is large. The kitchens are in the Grove where the cherry blossoms are and the residents reside mostly in the Peninsula. You may choose an open house in the Peninsula as yours."

As was her right, she could have made them stay in the house with her. But that would probably add more problems than fixing them. Kari was smart and she knew how to play the game. Even if she didn't fully understand her own attraction.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

Kari’s question brought a flashback to Helu’s mind, one of the many horrors of the kingdom of bones. Back at the old kingdom they had a cellar deep underground where they kept the bodies for cooking. And in the old kingdom, anything was on the menu, even carnivores. While eating carnivores carried risk of diseases, worms and the like, the elite viewed carnivore meat as… delicacies. It was traumatizing to walk in there everyday… something they would never wish on anyone. Though their mind was stuck in the past their mouth maintained the conversation. Something they learned from experience to hide their emotions from the king and others. "Yes. It would be.” Their words were spoken firmly however the words following those came out in their natural honeyed voice. "I will make sure that it never happens. I will also take off other species if any other kind of resident joins. Everyone belongs in the kitchen, I would hate for someone to fear it.” Their smile softened to show concern.

They continued the conversation quickly from that. "I am glad there are hunters, while I may be a good chef, I am not the best hunter. Do you know how many hunters the kingdom has? And possibly their names and or descriptions? I am sure I will find out soon but walking in with any knowledge would be helpful.” They did not know if the queen would know such information since the kingdom was made up of three different realms. The hunters could be spread out between them and maybe not known to the other realms. However hunters were important to chefs, they gathered the food that the chefs used. So knowing their names, what they look like, and becoming friends with them will be crucial to keep the kitchen in order and flowing at a good pace.

They listened as Kari spoke of their living arrangements. She let them know that the kitchen was in the grove and the houses were mostly in the peninsula. “So I get to have my own house? That is new… and nice.” Back at the old kingdom they lived in the “head chefs quarters” that was adjacent to the kitchen. It made it easy to keep track of things in the kitchen and take small naps between cooking meals that required a lot of time to prepare. The head chef’s quarters was like a house within the palace, it was where their family lived together before their parents died. However when their parents died and they became head chef they, decided to share it with some of the disabled people that needed a bit of extra assistance. Yes, everyone was welcome in the kitchen, Helu made sure of it. “I am however somewhat surprised she did not tell me that I would be sleeping in her abode. Perhaps she finally got the hint?.... Although doubtfully with as thick as a skull she seems to have. She could definitely win against a ram with it.”

With all that said however, Helu was ready to go to the kingdom and get out of the wild. They did have to admit as well, Kari, while stubborn and bold did help take their mind off things. However, not meaning to belittle her abilities, they were cautious about staying out in the wilds too long. With trackers out in search for Genna and Siekta… could she really take them down? They did not want to stay and find out. They should move soon.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (7.5) years
Linked Accounts

Now dance, fucker, dance

Oh, Kari liked them a lot. They were entertaining as they claimed that they would take anything off the menu should another join. She looked at them, her lips still twisted upwards into a smile. "One of the higher ranking individuals is a sparrow." It was an offer of information. Not that many predators would actively search out sparrows to eat. Kari knew that she didn't. For the most part, the dwelling land creatures ignored the birds. It was only those that actually were able to fly that thought that a bird flying overhead was something that needed to be a cause for concern. She knew that her father, who was able to shift into a bird, was one of them.

Though Kari was certain it was because he was simply paranoid. Except, after everything that he has been through, she didn't blame him.

She supposed that it was part of the job description when they asked about how many hunters there were. And what their descriptions were. Kari herself hadn't really considered which ones were hunters or not. For the most part, they were expected to make sure that the kitchens remained full with whatever was needed. "At the current time, I do not have that information for you. But I can easily find out." Because what would the use of lying be? That wasn't how she did things. She'd find out who was in charge of making sure that the kitchens were stocked.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

Their iconic smile was still on their face as she spoke stating there was a high ranking sparrow that lived within the kingdom. "Then there shall be no sparrow served in the kitchen.” Sparrow was a bit of an odd choice for food anyways. They were small and did not have much meat for the hassle it was to catch them.

Kari spoke again this time answering their question. "At the current time, I do not have that information for you. But I can easily find out."

"That would be very appreciated my queen. Thank you.” They smiled nicely at her before continuing. "Shall we begin to walk back towards the kingdom? Unless there is something you need done outside the kingdom? I may assist you with whatever I can.” Although they were quite ready to get out of the wild and back into safety. The more time spent outside the kingdom’s lines, the more unsafe it became.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (7.5) years
Linked Accounts

Now dance, fucker, dance

She couldn't help it: she snorted when they claimed that there would be no sparrow on the menu. Who, in their right mind, would find hunting a sparrow be worth it? Not Kari but she supposed that it could be for some of the more smaller predators in the realm. If she recalled correctly, her cousin had a serval daughter. Though, if she was being honest with herself, her cousin had many children and it was hard to place them all together. "I am sure he would appreciate it." Or maybe Anjay would just find it funny. Sometimes it was hard to tell with the wizard bird. She believed that was probably one of the reasons why her father had such an odd relationship with something that was so much smaller than him.

Oh?

She tilted her head at the question if there was something that she needed to accomplish outside of the kingdom. Really, it had been more for her to get away from the constant border patrol. She hadn't really set out with a plan to gather a new recruit. "Not particularly," she said in reply to the question if there was something that she had to accomplish outside of the realm's borders. "Merely taking a walk." Turning around, Kari indicated which way home was. "This way." With that, she began to lead Helu back to where the Kingdom rested.