Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year IX
Jan. 15th - Feb. 28th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights
Character
Rai
CloudyNight
Relationship
Regalia & Vitani
Thread
LOSS

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Wynter
Burneh
Ailes
Spirited_Away

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Borders BEND & BREAK

Jerrik
Male
Algiz Resident
Lion
© Tae
1.25 years
Height: 31in
AP: 31AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 165lbs

BEND & BREAK

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2019, 08:35 PM by Jerrik. Edited 4 times in total.)
Kulla's graveyard
He still remembered when he had snuck away to the beauty that was the rainbow sanded beach. Oh, the combination of the waves crashing with the sands were just... alluring. He had learned in the library that his moving shadow was simply a power he had. It was nothing to be scared over, in fact he had been acting rather childish.
However, this place was the exact opposite. There was a heavy sense forbidding that hung thick in the air. Fog roamed the air, and chills raced up and down his spine. If he was the same person he was months ago, he would've run the moment the he saw the fog.
However, that was simply not how he was now. He had grown a great deal, mentally and physically. Tuft of his mane had started to grow in, black in color. It was odd against his ruddy brown fur. He was also bolder, blunter and more well... daring and fearless.
This is what led him to venture so far from home. Of course he had snuck away without the knowledge of his parents and the kingdom, but he thought he was old enough to do so. Old enough for no one to tell him what to do. His heart pounded, no it thundered in his chest. The adrenaline felt amazing as it coursed through him, giving him the courage to venture further into this bone littered land. He grimaced at the sight of a rather large skull, felines he assumed. He released a nervous chuckle and increased his pace to a trot. The fog clung to his fur and made it feel damp. As he walked further and further until he spotted something through the sheen, a dark structure. He raced forward, the fading light doing little to aid him in sight. His pupils widened to take in more light, and soon he was standing before a stares with realistic looking ravens. Their beady eyes bore into him with an ominous stare. He lowered his head and climbed the stairs, disappearing into the entrance and venturing inside. He was met with walls embedded with skulls and a chandelier made of bone hung from the ceiling.
"What is with all the bones, jeez..." he spoke softly to himself and trotted forward. His gaze drifted about, and suddenly caught sight of yet another staircase. He allowed his curiosity to lead him towards it. Paws began to climb down until--
slip

Water, wither it be from frost that had melted or something else, had caused him to slip. He tried to catch his balance, but failed. He fell forwards, tumbling down each and every stair which led to quite a bunch of cracks that echoed in the silence. Until finally he reached the bottom, his body smacked harshly against the wall. He lay on the ground motionless, blood pouring from his nostrils and agape jaw. A wheeze accompanied each breath he took. Breathing was excruciating, and their were many gashes upon his body, and he didn't doubt the idea that he had a few broken bones, or several. He hauled himself to his paws. Barely being able to climb the staircase, he had fallen multiple times but still managed to claw his way up. At last he reached the top, oh god he needed to get somewhere safe.

TIMESKIP TO OREG

He had coughed multiple times, blood had stained his fur in multiple places. A gash above his eyes, on his shoulders and flanks. Each step he took only lured more pain in his front left paw and leg, as well as his entire right hind leg. It was a great deal of pain, and his hind leg was simply dragged behind him at this point. Blood has partly blinded him, and his breathing caused a rattling wheeze to accompany. Finally the pain and exhaustion was simply too much and he collapsed. Unknowingly, he was at the borders of the BlackHand. He wouldn't know, the metallic smell of blood was too overpowering. He simply laid there, mewling desperately for help.

Grennian
Male
BlackHand King
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
3.5 (4.25) years
Height: 40 in
AP: 23AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 169 lbs

RE: BEND & BREAK

Grennian & Exposed

I hate you, I love you
I hate that I want you

He didn't want to be awake right now. Grennian was cranky from a night of not much sleep. However, the borders needed to be inspected. He did have realm members that could do it but it was best that he himself made an apperance. Firstly, the lanky man found the corpse of a fox. It was so skinny for its size, a male with age graying its muzzle. He reanimated it with Ghoul. It cracked back to life to do his bidding.

He continued to patrol. Like usual, it was the normal early morning routine. Quiet, filled with solitude and his thoughts. At least he had the dead fox to keep him company. Perhaps he'd eat it later. His stomach rumbled, however, and he thought to perhaps eat it now. But instead of doing so, Drain activated upon his bite. But it failed as the creature was already dead, his life only borrowed from Grennian himself. The zombie crumpled to the ground. Yet, for some reason, the pungent scent of blood rose above the death.

He turned to see the small figure of a child upon the borders. The king rose a brow. Was it dead? Something else he could reanimate? As he came closer, however, he thought he saw it breathing. "Are you alright?" Grennian asked curtly, sniffing him in hopes of figuring out where he came from. Though blood was most prominent, there was an unmistakably familiar smell that gave him alarm. 'The kingdom.' For a moment he seriously contemplated leaving the boy to die. However, children were a soft spot for the mad king. Especially a male. Male children reminded him so much of... the past. So, he breathed a sigh. "Can you stand?"

Actions. | "Grennian." "Exposed." | 'Grennian.' 'Exposed.'

Spirited_Away
Female
Acolyte
OC Account
© Spirited_Away
Not Old years
Height: Shortie
AP: 631.6AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: Muscles!!

HELPFUL HINT :

Hey Tae! Is it possible for you to list all of Jerrik's injuries in an OC note in his next post? It will allow Staff and some characters to get a better understanding of what’s wrong with him. Thanks!
This thread is not on hold.

Herleif
Male
Aldrnari King
Wolf
© Lizzy
2.25 years
AP: 66AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180 lbs

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 03:42 PM by Herleif. Edited 1 time in total.)

Herleif moved through the southern lands. Not much held his attention these days. A familiar scent caught his nose and he frowned. He followed it using his tracker nose. It was a kingdom child. One of Kari’s, Upon the borders of another land. One he was unfamiliar with. He moved quickly to the boys side. He saw the blood and wounds on the male cub. His fur bristled but he needed to remain calm. Getting the cub home was his first move. He looked at the male that asked him if the cub could stand. ”Thank you for finding my nephew. I have no clue how he happened to get here. I’m terribly sorry he found himself on your borders. My dear sister is not teaching her cubs very well.” He said frowning at the cub. He lied about Kari being his sister but what the male wolf didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. Where the hell was Kari anyways and why was her cub all the way down in the southern lands when they weren’t allowed to leave kingdom lands. He would be having words with her once he got them home.

He attempted to grab Jerrik by the back of his scruff gently as to not disturb any of the poor cubs wounds. His green eyes then went back to the male in case the male tried to stop him from taking his nephew.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (7.5) years
Height: 38
AP: 63AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

Her aunt's desire to head out into the south had been the reason that she was there now.

As they traveled, looking for things that would help them heal, Kari kept the look out. She hadn't realized at how far she had traveled with her aunt in tow. But when she noticed the scent of blood and Jerrik, her hackles would start to rise. What in wold had happened and why was he all the way out here? Agitation was the only thing that Kari felt in that moment. "Aunt Linnea," she called softly, gaining the attention of the healer. Said healer would lift her head, turning her gaze upon her from her quest in looking for new herbs. Indicating where they were supposed to go, Kari lead the healer toward the stronger scent. Her eyes were only focused upon her son, even as she noticed her uncle standing near him. His words were heard as Kari instantly went to the side of her son.

Once she was certain that said son was fine and conscious, she turned her gaze upon her uncle. Speaking in Old Norse, Kari narrowed her eyes at him. "Just because you are a King, Uncle, does not mean you get to insult me so casually. If you have an issue with me, take it up in the arena." Where she would gladly show her uncle his place.

Kari Dame was older and wiser - she had more experience and she was not going to take anything lightly. Speaking in English, she spoke to the king that they were currently on the borders of. "I apologize for any problems. Once my aunt will be able to heal my son, we will be leaving."

OC: PPed Linnea as I play her. I will post her in a second!

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Jerrik
Male
Algiz Resident
Lion
© Tae
1.25 years
Height: 31in
AP: 31AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 165lbs

His eyes felt heavy, and the dark of the night did nothing to help. He just wanted to lie there and possibly fall asleep. And, perhaps he did. Multiple times he had faded in and out of consciousness. He was drifting in a state of shock and lethargy. During times of unconsciousness, he would see flashes of his mother and the kingdom. They would glare down at him with disapproving gazes and turn their back on him. He would try to call out to them only to jump awake, snarling in pain as his sudden movements sent pain rushing through him; mainly his chest.
He thought he could see something approaching through his squinted eyes. His gargled cry would leave his bloodied jaws. As they approached he would study them, unsure if he should trust them. His injury ridden mind felt fogged up, and he couldn't think straight. Yes, he needed help dearly. However, someone could easily take advantage of him in this state.
He didn't have time to make up his mind, they spoke and sniffed him. Are you alright?
He wanted to glare up at the spanish-toned male and snarl. Did he look alright? It was a stupid question, but he knew better then to do this. They were his only chance of help, and he needed to accept it. So, with a shuddering wheezing gasp he would try to speak.
"I.. I dunno...." he winced, his whole body jerking as a cough tore through him. He allowed his skull to lift off the ground slightly to get a better view of the man.
"I.. I don't think s-so. But, I can try"

His head lifted weakly off the floor as he began to try and stand. He attempted to move his hind legs beneath him, only to release a sharp cry of discomfort as hot sharp jolt of pain jolted down his right hind leg. It made him feel sick and already he felt vomit creeping up his throat. He swallowed harshly in a attempt to get rid of it. His vision swam with black dots and he breathed in heavy shallow gasps. Now that he really focused, the pain in his chest wasn't too bad. It did hurt, but not as much as earlier. His front and hind leg was in more pain if he was being honest. He allowed his eyes to slid shut as commotion erupted around him. A frown tugged at his features and he would let a hiss leave his bloodied jaws when something took hold of his scruff. It was an unwelcoming feeling and he immediately would attempt to free themselves from the unknowns grasp. His nose was only able to smell blood, it was heavy and clung to him. This is why he didn't recognize any kingdom scents. Pain rushed from his body, and the only thing he knew was that the Spanish man had offered help. His vision was blurred with blood and the ringing in his ears were deafening. Once more, this is why he didn't recognize those around him at all. He would try to crawl his way towards the Spanish male, panic heavy within him

OOC: Jerrik has a sprained front left ankle, on his right hind leg he has a fractured Femur and a broken Tiba. Has a mild concussion explaining his confusing actions and a broken rib which has caused a small pneumothorax (punctured lung). The punctured lung is capable of healing itself so long as his injures don't worsen. Has many small lacerations on him and quite a bit of bruises.
This link takes you to the article thing about collapsed lungs
This link takes you to the bone of a lion

Herleif
Male
Aldrnari King
Wolf
© Lizzy
2.25 years
AP: 66AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180 lbs

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 01:01 AM by Herleif. Edited 1 time in total.)
Herleif Dame-Fritjov
Settle down and listen to me

Herleif set the boy down once his niece showed up. His ears flicked as he looked at Linnea and Kari. He listened to Kari's words and frowned. Before looking at her cub again. He spoke in Old Norse "Apologizes my niece. I was not insulting you, merely trying to joke to make the scene not as tense as it looks. This male is unknown and your son was in a very unsuspecting place. Im not even sure how he got here." He said looking at her before he watched the cub try to move towards the male wolf again.

His ears flicked to his head as he looked at Kari. They needed to get him home soon. He took a step back but kept his green gaze on the other male. Kari spoke to him so his words were not needed. He stayed silent ready to move out as soon as her cub was healed and could make the trip back to the kingdom.

Electricity - 0/6
Bardic - 4/6
Anima - 1/2
Eidetic Memory | Investigator | Tracker | Stealthy |
Shift - 0/1 | Disguise - 0/1 | Clarity 0/1 | Bulwark 0/1

Actions. | "Speech." | 'Thoughts.'

Wolf stock (Kati H.) | Overlay (kerast)

Linnea
Female
Verja Healer
Wolf
© Marissa
2.75 (9.25) years
Height: 30 in
AP: 4AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

Linnea Dame-Fritjov

I wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes

She was aware that she didn't have to forage for any herbs when they had gardens but sometimes, it was better. It allowed for her to get out of the Kingdom, though she made sure that she wasn't alone. She had taken Kari with her, spending time with her niece when she couldn't with her brother. Her head was lowered when she heard her name being called. She hadn't been focusing on what scents were around her when she was looking for herbs. It was that reason why she had made sure she wasn't alone. Because the last time.... Linnea shuddered, not wanting to think about anything with red eyes. Her ears flicked, her head lifting as she looked at her niece. Beside her was what she had gathered: admittedly, it wasn't much. There were some poppy seeds and that was about it. Was this trip really worth it?

The second that Kari left, Linnea grabbed what she had found and hurried after her. She didn't know what had caused the worry in her niece but it had to be something.

As they arrived, Linnea took notice of the blood in the air. Her entire body went stiff, the scent mingling with it that of someone from the Algiz. When she noticed that her brother was standing next to the cub, Linnea's ears folded. The second that Kari started to speak in Old Norse, admonishing the younger wolf for berating her, Linnea rushed forward. She didn't have the time to think about why the two were having their little problem here. Her only concern was making sure that the boy was okay. She noticed that he had started to moving toward the stranger, her eyes going wide as she kept herself as low as possible. Her eyes flicked to the strange wolf before flicking back to the fallen lion cub.

She didn't need to use her magic to tell her that there was something broken in the limb that was in bad shape. She had experience on her side and that meant that she could easily fix it. Practitioner knit healed the broken femur as Linnea used x-ray to make sure that she didn't miss anything. That was when she noticed that it hadn't been just one break in the leg but two. Stressed, Linnea's heart was beating quickly and loudly. She didn't want to fail her niece. To watch a child die, their own child, was terrible and Linnea didn't want her to feel that pain. Practitioner knit would activate again as Linnea healed the broken tiba. She knew that she was pushing herself, she knew that she probably wouldn't be able to heal everything by herself but she had to try. She couldn't leave everything unattended. She was a healer and she had to make sure that she kept up what worth that she had.

Her eyes were the best tool that she had. She looked over him, ignoring the gashes that he had. Those were not life threatening when in relation to everything else that had happened to him. She could see the way that his chest was moving, her experience the only thing that she was banking on. She had seen it before - the way that someone with broken ribs reacted and the possibility of having a bigger damage being dealt to their bodies. However, that did not mean that she knew what rib was the problem. Using x-ray with her eyes focused upon the chest, the female wolf was able to spot it as she quickly used practitioner knit to heal the bone. There was always the possibility that there was something worse happening. Something that the floating rib could have ruptured. Stressed even more with that thought, she had to do something. PhD came, healing the punctured lung.

A wave of exhaustion hit her as she clumsily fell to a sit. Her head was hanging low, her breathing labored. She wasn't sure if that was because she was overworked from healing Jerrik or if it was because she was worried that she hadn't been able to get everything. Linnea lifted her head, eyes looked upon him. There were still so many gashes on him and she wondered what the teenager had done to get so badly beaten up.

And what was he doing out here?

Healing: 24/15. Linnea rolled a 4 per Staff. She is extremely exhausted. She healed all breaks and the punctured lung.

Action | Speech | Magic

full image by Angel

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (7.5) years
Height: 38
AP: 63AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

As Herleif answered her, she flicked her gaze over to him slightly. Her eyes narrowed, her agitation barely able to remain hidden. She gave him a flat look. How else was she supposed to take it but an insult? He was basically telling a stranger in front of her kid that she was unfit to be a mother. While Kari had that sort of insecurity, she wasn't actually able to show it. She kept it hidden, she wore her confidence like a security blanket. She'd watched her grandmother with children over the course of several years. And with that in mind, she'd been channeling her without actually meaning to. Returning to speaking in Old Norse, Kari gave him a flat look. "And so your method was to insult me? To demean his mother in front of a stranger? There are other ways to do such things without making it seem that I am unfit."

Kari had half a mind to speak to her grandparents about it. Instead, she watched as her aunt started to heal her fallen child. She'd noticed the way that he had started to crawl in the direction of the strange wolf. Her instincts blared at her as she casually attempted to move to stand in the way that Jerrik was crawling towards. She noticed the way that her aunt swayed and she almost had a heart attack. Was she going to have an injured cub and comatose aunt to deal with? On top of which, an arrogant uncle that thought that insulting the cub's mother in front of as stranger. "Can you move?" She asked her cub, her eyes landing upon him as she kept herself in between her cub and the stranger as much as she could.

Once she made sure that they were able to get both her aunt and her cub home, she'd be speaking to Jerrik. There would be consequences of coming out this far without adult supervision. If there had been an adult, perhaps this wouldn't have happened.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Grennian
Male
BlackHand King
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
3.5 (4.25) years
AP: 23AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 169 lbs

(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 12:45 AM by Grennian.)

Grennian & Exposed

I hate you, I love you
I hate that I want you

So the boy wasn't dead. His family was quick on his heels. But how did he get this far on his own? What in the fuck was he doing here? Grennian would not take it upon himself to judge the child's upbringing. His mother and...uncle, was it?... were clearly concerned and respectful. At least where he stood.

"No need." The king bowed his head curtly to the female wolf's apology. He realized she was probably doing it out of courtesy, but nonetheless. He found he needed to force his hackles down. It was their scent, it had to be. They all had that tinge that the winged kingdom canine had on him when he attacked him. In this, however, Grennian was no more than a bystander. Perhaps it was wrong to see the Kingdom as enemies, as they didn't jump to conclusions as their presumed member did those moons ago. Then, awkwardness melted his form into the background. They began speaking in tongues he hadn't heard before. It felt rude to simply walk off, but what more could he say? The boy had already been tended to and retrieved. "I take my leave, then. I see the boy is in good hands."

If not prompted to anything more, he'd leave the family to find their way home.

-exit-

Actions. | "Grennian." "Exposed." | 'Grennian.' 'Exposed.'