Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 12
Aug. 4th - Sep. 22nd

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: May '20
Character
cutest kid

Hera
[played by Raton]
Thread
[Quest] Into The Jungle

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Crossroads

Luciole
Male
Banned
Wolf
© Kaitlyn
1.75 years
Height: 30 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

Crossroads

Luciole looked out at the sea. He was sitting on top of a cliff. Defros' Pass offered a great view of the surrounding terrain. Wind whipping through his fur. The sun had long since set. Unknown stars twinkled above. Compass told him he was facing East nonetheless. All too familiar waves crashed below. He howled, mournfully rather than beseechingly. Luciole was lucky; unlike his father. Too much so. He missed his mother, his three sorelle— and sailing. Yet the very thought made his heart hammer, legs trembling with fear. "Mamma!" he called out, whimpering. His ears pinned. "Non sono abbastanza forte..." he spoke lowly, trailing off. "Non puoi sentirmi." Luciole ducked his head. He found the cold bite of steel pressed against his chest reassuring.

Water: 0/2 — Air: 0/2 — Metal: 0/2
Compass: 1/1 — Charm: 0/1 — Allure: 0/1

Translations:
sisters
I'm not strong enough...
You cannot hear me.

Ragna

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

RE: Crossroads

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 03:44 PM by Kaitlyn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ragna Dame-Fritjov

I believe that days go slow and years go fast
And every breath's a gift, the first one to the last

The waves crashed unforgivingly against the cliff-side, but Ragna hardly paid any attention to it. The scent of salt water wafted into her nose, but she was used to that. Her paws danced across the jagged terrain, her limbs carefully picking up, and touching the ground once again with easy steps. Her ears perked forward as a voice speaking in a foreign tongue reached her ears. Curiosity urged her forward, her limbs still picking her way carefully across the land that could only offer precarious balance at best. Had she not been so bold, she may not have been out this late and on a dangerous ridge, no less. Yet, here she was-- and here he was. From the sounds of it, he was young. Just a lad who had only just come out of pup hood and was in his young adolescent years. What was he doing up here all alone?

"Hey, kid," she called softly. She was afraid of spooking him so badly he fell over the edge! "What are you doin' up here?"

"Speak."
StarsColdNight & Jill Heyer

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 (5.75) years
Height: 28 in
AP: 10AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110 lbs

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

Xewk had been walking around Defros Pass for to see what was around to hunt. He did not usually need to travel so far for his job, but once and awhile it was nice to get away from the kingdom area. Plus, the view was awesome. He was holding a smoked fish that he ‘stole’ from the kitchen. It was his snack for the road. He did not technically steal it either since it was specifically left out by the one and only Helu, so it was probably meant for him. He was surprised however they had not bumped into each other yet. Was he actually though? Helu was always such a busy body that they always were never where you expected them to be. Holding what he assumed to be smoked salmon in his mouth he continued walking until he heard a howl. His ears tilted to the sound… It concerned him.

That, was absolutely a kid howl” He took off running towards the sound just in enough time to hear the kid cry out for ‘mamma’. He stopped his running as the kids figure came screaming into view. He was around twenty feet away when he overheard a soft voice say “I am not strong enough” in Italian. Wait… since when did he speak Italian? Xewk blinked for a moment in confusion. He knew what Italian sounded like, back in the Kingdom of Bones it was necessary to pick apart different groups via language since there was such a cluster of different languages being spoken where ever you were, however he never… learned it. He shook his head dispelling his confusion. Now was not the time to debate on what was going on, now was the time to help this kid out.

He noticed a woman approaching the kid and asking what he was doing up here. Xewk walked towards them closer, smoked salmon in mouth. He gave a sniff of the air, and past the smoked salmon he smelled that the lady came from the kingdom, and the kid was most definitely alone otherwise, he did not belong to anywhere. Once he was around ten feet away from them he dropped the salmon on the ground and his green eyes looked at the woman. Either she did not understand Italian, or she was ignoring the kid’s cry to his mother. Although from the look of her she didn’t seem like she was a jerk to children considering she was attempting to help, so… most likely the former.

His made his face look friendly and soft, as to not spook the kid or woman. His words were spoken softly, "The kid spoke Italian, and was crying out for someone. Allow me to help.” He then looked at the kid as he sat down next to the fish. He had no reason to assume the kid did not speak english, however, he knew that speaking the kid’s preferred language would assist him in gaining trust. Seeing as how the kid spoke naturally in Italian, it was safe to assume that was his preferred language, quite possibly his native tongue. So the lady would just have to put up with it for now. He figured the kid would probably be hungry, and bribery worked well on kids most of the time. While he spoke in Italian his ever present Maltesian accent shown through. "Ehi piccolino, mi chiamo Xewk Langas. Questa signora e io siamo preoccupati per te, che ne dici di te che esci dalla sporgenza e dicci cosa è successo, possiamo aiutarti. Puoi avere il mio salmone affumicato se lo vuoi anche tu. Un amico ha fatto per me, è molto buono.” Xewk gestured his head from the kid to the fish, which also let the woman know he was letting the kid eat some food. He gave the kid a friendly smile, tilted his head slightly and spoke warmly. "Come ti chiami?”

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Oc. “Hey little one, my name is Xewk Langas. This lady and I are worried about you, how about you come away from the ledge and tell us what happened, we can help you. You can have my smoked salmon if you want as well. A friend made it for me, it’s very good.”

“What is your name?”

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it and they frequently get re-injured if he is exercising too much, speaking too much, or being too loud vocally. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Luciole
Male
Banned
Wolf
© Kaitlyn
1.75 years
Height: 30 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

Luciole turned, side eyeing Ragna. He knew better now; the common exclamation of greeting was just that: common. Italian had little to do with it. He replied nonetheless, ignorant to what she had said prior and thus the language barrier that lay between them.

"Sei bellissima, signorina." For a woman to not know the beauty of her body and mind was a sin-- so his mother oft' said. Luciole turned away from her then, lavender eyes returning to the sea below. His russet ears pinned. The memory had invoked yet another pang of loss. Being as he was still a child, he knew no better than to blame her for it. The same way he now blamed his father for having taken the fishing trip. Unable to identify nor handle said emotional slew, it all came in a short lived burst of anger. A shout. Vexation was clear on his face as he said it. "Va via! His eyes were screwed shut though; tears teased their brim. "Non piangere, sii forte." A saying from his father that similarly wrought pain anew. "Mi dispiace, signora." Up 'til Xewk walked over and sat down a way back. The smell of smoked salmon was intoxicating, even if the fillet had long since cooled. He salivated, licking his lips to keep the drool pooling at the corners of his mouth from spilling over. Luciole knew not how to hunt on land. He was a fisherman— not a hunter. Therein the boy wasn't eating well, if at all some days, on his own. "Parlo italiano." he yipped affirmatively, tearing his lavender eyes away from the smoked fillet for but a second. His ears pricked. Luciole turned, facing him. Relief glittered in the depths of his lavender eyes; he wasn't ready to give up on going home. Though this man seemed to be a tourist rather than a native by way of his unidentifiable accent, at least he could talk to him and be understood. As his il babbo once said, "Non puoi pescare se stai nuotando con loro, ragazzo." Returning to the see would have to come later, it seemed. Luciole moved forward and away from the edge of the cliff per his suggestion and grabbed the fillet with his teeth. Then sat down. "Grazie, Xewk Lengas. Piacere di conoscerti." Swallowing back his hunger induced nausea, he wolfed the small meal down. He sighed, resting for a moment before continuing. "Ero in viaggio di pesca con mio padre quando una tempesta ci colpì. Mi sono lavato a riva qui e non l'ho più visto da allora. Voglio andare a casa."

Water: 0/2 — Air: 0/2 — Metal: 0/2
Compass: 1/1 — Charm: 0/1 — Allure: 0/1

Translations:
You're beautiful, miss.
Go away!
Sorry, ma'am.
Do not cry, be strong.
I speak Italian.
You can't fish if your swimming with them, boy.
father
Thank you, Xewk Lengas. Nice to meet you.
I was on a fishing trip with my father when a storm hit us. I washed ashore here and haven't seen him since. I want to go home...

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 (5.75) years
Height: 28 in
AP: 10AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110 lbs

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

Xewk had been anticipating the woman near them to say something, anything… but when she remained quiet he was surprised. However the kid was more vocal, and.. only speaking in Italian. “Does the kid not know english?” The young boy thanked him and then spoke of being on a fishing trip when a storm hit. The boy had become separated from his father and was missing home. Xewk’s heart ached for the kid. His own father didn’t give a damn about him and eagerly gave him away to the enemy to save his own hide. Xewk frowned slightly and then turned to the lady and spoke. "My name is Xewk Langas by the way. The kid got separated from his dad a while ago and hasn’t seen him. I’m taking him back to the kingdom and talking with Frigga about what to do, I am not leaving the kiddo here. Feel free to follow us when we go.” His words were direct, not that he cared too much, he wasn’t sure who this woman was, but he knew she belonged to the kingdom.

Xewk then turned to the boy with a soft smile, ”Mi dispiace tanto sentirlo. Come ti chiami? Non posso lasciarti qui in natura, quindi per ora accetti di venire con me nel regno in cui vivo, tutti possiamo proteggerti, nutrirti con tutto il pesce che puoi mangiare, darti un caldo e un posto sicuro dove dormire, e cercheremo tuo padre. Prometto sul mio onore che cercherò personalmente il più lontano possibile. Puoi dirmi che aspetto ha e lo cercherò, e non appena lo troverò, lo porterò da te. Suona bene?” He was going to be direct with the kid, just like he would have with Siekta. This kid seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, he seemed to be smart for his age. Siekta hated it when you coddled and babied him, although secretly enjoyed being comforted. Such a picky child. Though he wasn’t sure about this boy.

"Puoi sentirti libero di chiamarmi fratello maggiore o qualsiasi altra cosa desideri.” Xewk knew that he probably did not have the ability to just accept a kid into the kingdom, so his plan was to call Frigga as soon as they hit the borders so they could discuss what to do. Plus, Frigga had that language power, she could understand the boy and speak with him. Xewk was sure the kid would be happy to hear another person speak his language, even it if was only temporary. Something in Xewk’s stomach told him though, he was going to end up being the one to watch over the kid. And strangely, he was looking forward to it… He.. did want to become a father eventually. But would he be any good at it?

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Oc translate:

"I am so sorry to hear that. What is your name? I cannot leave you out here in the wild, so for now, will you agree to come with me back to the kingdom I live in, we can all protect you there, feed you as much fish as you can eat, give you a warm and safe place to sleep, and we will look out for your father. I promise on my honor I will personally search as far and wide as I can. You can tell me what he looks like and I will search for him, and as soon as I find him, I will bring him to you. Does that sound good?”

"You can feel free to call me big brother or whatever you would like.”

Oc note: Skipped Ragna due to it being past 7 days.

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it and they frequently get re-injured if he is exercising too much, speaking too much, or being too loud vocally. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.