Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year IX
April 15th - May 31st

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Winter Y8
Character
Rai
CloudyNight
Relationship
Regalia & Vitani
Thread
LOSS

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Name
Burneh
Ailes
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Borders {M} Peaceful, Above you.

Noam
Male
Rogue
Bonobo
© Avocado
2.25 years
Height: 44 in (T)
AP: 29AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

{M} Peaceful, Above you.

Noam had been wandering the lands of Yavania for… one….. Two… five days! His backpack full of stuff was on his back, his hook swords were in their leather straps that was tied onto his back and his bo-staff was in his right hand being used as a walking cane. It probably was a bit of a funny sight, but Noam gave no shits. This stuff was his, and he was going to take it with him. He walked forward, looking around every so often. Sure walking on two legs was a bit slower, but he was carrying valuables. He let out a groan as he rotated his shoulders. He should find a place to chill out for a while. Looking at the moor’s soft and squishy ground he frowned. “Gross…. Although probably has good mud”

After a few minutes however he thankfully however spotted a much better place to take a load off and rest his legs. “A rainforest! Finally! Some decent damn trees to climb.” He slowly made his way over to the rain forest and his face soured. There was a territory mark. “Well… damn.” He pursed his lips and took a look around. There had to be a way around this mark. He walked along the border and smirked as he came across a tree that squeezed through the mark. Half of the tree was on ‘their’ side and half of it was in ‘unclaimed’ territory. He patted the tree and chuckled. “Good thing you were only half claimed my fibrous friend. You will make an awesome nap spot.” Noam reached down and scooped some mud up off the ground. He wrote in Old Norse on the tree, “Peaceful, Above you.”. Back at the kingdom of bones he was told that many of the people in Yavania spoke Old Norse. If he was actually in Yavania, how old that information was, or if the people who lived here did, he did not know. So to be on the safe side he wrote “Peaceful, Above you” in Spanish, English, and Maltese as well, ya know… just to be safe. Satisfied with his writing he wiped the mud off his hand onto the tree. He slid his bo-staff in diagonally between his backpack and his hook swords so that it remained still and he began climbing his way up the tree.

Finding a nice spot on the unclaimed side was easy, there was a large branch about fifteen feet up in the air. Big enough for him and all of his stuff. He pulled himself up onto the branch and began to unload his stuff off of him. “Finally! I can relax!” Once he got himself unloaded he grabbed a sketchbook out of his backpack and a piece of charcoal. He walked up to the trunk of the tree, resting his back against it and sliding down onto the limb. “I wonder how far Yavania is still?” He began sketching the sight of the moor in front of him.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Height: 38
AP: 173AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160

RE: {M} Peaceful, Above you.

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

Fireball was used as Kari made her rounds. She didn't much care about making it not obvious that she was practicing her magic. She did make sure that it wasn't near any of the rainforest that would light upon fire. Unlike the others in her family (namely her grandmother and father), she did not have water magic. So, she'd be out of luck if something caught on fire. She'd rather not explain it to others what had happened.

As she moved toward the borders, making her rounds, she used rupture at the same time that she used rebound. Her ears flicked, her attention more on what was happening with her magic than what was happening on the borders. Kari smirked to herself as she returned her attention back to what she had previously been up to. Marking the territory, she kept walking. She wasn't sure the last time that these lands had been patrolled so it was a good thing that she was doing it.

Which was probably the reason why she had stumbled across the scent of rogue. Her nose twitched as she glanced around. She was near the tree that the rogue was near but she wasn't able to fully locate them. The scent was strong but that didn't mean that they were still there. Though there was no trail to say that they had left. Kari frowned, not fully expecting to find that she should be looking upwards.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Noam
Male
Rogue
Bonobo
© Avocado
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Noam had been sketching for awhile now and occasionally glancing down off of the branch he was laying on. Since he can’t hear, he did not want to miss anyone that may appear and try and yell up to him. With the words he wrote on the tree and his scent, surely someone would probably arrive soon to check him out. The other territories he walked passed had at least, surely this one was no different. Soon a female wolf appeared below him near the tree. He sat still and watched her, waiting for her to read his messages on the tree. Although… it did not look like she was finding him. ” Can she not read?” He thought to himself. ” Well… then… hopefully she gives a funny reaction.” He smirked mischievously for only a second and then made his face look pleasant and inviting! "HELLO! UP HERE!” Noam yelled loudly as he signed in ASL what he spoke, trying to spook her, but his words were spoken oddly as if the h’s in his words were not there at all. He would then wait a second.

"I am peaceful! I will come down and talk and you can ask questions and what not. However I gotta figure out if your going to bite me first, cause… that wouldn’t be cool. I value my body intact and unharmed. So… I wanna ask some questions before I head on down!” He was still signing his words as he was talking very loudly for what would be considered normal for people who could hear, but how should he know what’s an appropriate volume. His words as well sounded odd and the H from the beginning of some words were missing completely. He laid down on the branch and popped his head and arms over the end to continue talking with her. "By the way I am deaf! Meaning I can’t hear you! So just ya know… nod or shake your head, ight? First question! Is this Yavania?” He held up one finger towards the female wolf. The question was basic and direct, he wanted to know if he reached the lands he had been searching for.

"Second question! Will you promise not to bite me or hurt me if I come down? I am looking for some people and I want to know if they have come through here and talking to you from up here is dumb and not conducive to either of us.” He held up a second finger after asking his second question. Again his question was direct, he wanted her to know if she would hurt him if he came down from the tree.

He would wait for a moment for her to answer the first two questions before asking the last. He would then smile and pat the tree’s trunk with his left hand. "Thirdly… is this tree made of wood?” His smile looked a tad like a smirk, because, well it was. The first two questions were honest questions, the third was to see if she could tell the truth. The real truth was, even at fifteen feet away he could still see her face if she looked up and therefore was able to read her lips, it was a bit harder though due to distance and required concentration, but he hopefully would be able to tell if she was telling the truth with the first two questions. Hopefully…

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

She glanced around, her ears pointed forward as she tried to determine where the scent itself was coming from. As she looked, she finally took notice of the Old Norse written upon the tree trunk.

She froze.

There were many that could speak Old Norse, not many that she knew that could read and write the runes, however. As far as she could say, the only ones that did know how to do such things was the family. The direction caused for her to look up just as the shout came. The voice carried down to her, the volume louder that strictly necessary. Her ears folded against her head to block out the booming voice as she stared at the primate in the tree.

Of course. Why hadn't she thought about a primate or bird? Frankly, she was glad that her father wasn't around to judge her for being narrow minded when it came to such things. Hello, moron, you can shift into that. Yeah, that was a thought that could safely stay stuck in her head. Kari craned her neck upwards, her eyes locked upon the primate in the branches. "You aren't trespassing, though very close to it. Come down, I'm not going to eat you." Not when she had food in the kitchens that she could get. She was sure that Helu would rather be frowning at her if she ate something that they didn't prepare too.

She couldn't fully pinpoint why they were speaking so loud or why the speech itself seemed off or why they were furiously moving their hands in strange gestures. Kari had never come across sign language and so, this was a new experience for her. "Yes, this is Yavania." She nodded her head in a downward motion to indicate yes. The next question came after that as she blinked her eyes. Finding that there was no reason to speak, she merely nodded her head. It would easier for her so she didn't get a sore neck and they wouldn't have to be shouting.

However, the third question caused the wolf to give a blank stare. "What else is it supposed to be made out of? Metal? I mean, if you want a metal tree, it's doable but probably not comfortable or natural, but hey, whatever suits your fancy." Even as the sarcasm came from her lips, she nodded her head yes to indicate that duh it was made out of wood.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Noam
Male
Rogue
Bonobo
© Avocado
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Noam watched intensely for the female’s words. He read her lips as she answered each of his questions.

"You aren't trespassing, though very close to it. Come down, I'm not going to eat you."

”Good, she won’t eat me… or will she?” He did not trust her yet, he needed to hear her other answers first.

Her lips moved again and he watched them, getting the next answer that he needed.

“Yes, this is Yavania.”

”Sweet! This is promising! That would be so cool if I actually found it! Although she may be lying. Now, for the answer I really want.”

He watched her lips closely as she spoke and began laughing loudly at her answer.

"What else is it supposed to be made out of? Metal? I mean, if you want a metal tree, it's doable but probably not comfortable or natural, but hey, whatever suits your fancy."

Noam was laughing so hard he was snorting and tearing up. From what he could see, she was telling the truth. He gathered all of his stuff and placed it on his back or where they belonged.

"Alrighty lady, I’m headed down now!” He yelled, although not as loudly.

Noam made his way down the tree and landed safely on the ground, his bo-staff sat across his shoulders in a makeshift harness, his hook-swords were placed inside the backpack that rested on his back. He gave Kari a smile and waved. "You know you are the only one I have met so far that actually made a joke. Your so sassy and sarcastic! It’s hilarious! I like your humor. The last question was actually a red herring. You can obviously lie with the first two questions, but lying at the third just makes you look like an idiot. Although, I know Yavania has magic people in its lands, so the fact you even brought up a metal tree as a possibility tells me that I am in Yavania.” He signed his words as he spoke.

Realizing that he was now actually in Yavania, reality set in. He could actually use his full name now! Back in the Kingdom of Bones he was unable to use his full name due to concern about him being targeted and possibly killed or tortured to make Helu cooperate with anything the King desired. He took a big breath and let it out happily. "It is nice to meet you lady. My name is Noam Cassar-Ghasel. Ahhhh you don’t even know how great it is to finally say my full name.” He spoke his full name with a bright smile on his face and clear excitement showing through his posture and facial expression.

"Ah yes.. Like I said earlier. I am deaf. So I can’t hear you.. So if you could pretty please just make sure we are facing each other when you talk that would be awesome. And… also like I said earlier I am looking for a few people. I am looking for uhh… hold on lemme just grab my notebook.” He shimmied his backpack off and placed it in front of him and grabbed a notebook out of it. He opened it up and proceeded to show Kari a realistic drawn picture of young Siekta, complete with purple eyes. "I’m looking for this lil kiddo, he is mute but has a surprisingly large attitude for his small size. Anndd…” He turned the page to show Kari a realistic drawn picture of Xewk without his large neck scar, complete with green eyes. "This guy, he can seem like a really big dick but he is actually a big mushy sweetheart…” He then turned the page to show Kari a realistic drawn picture of Helu, with their gold earrings and fiery eyes. "I am also looking for this lovely person. My mum. Knowing her she is probably surrounded by food right now.” He then turned the page. The next picture was a realistic drawing of very feminine looking coyote male. That coyote was actually Ilma who was donning a intricate and royal looking head dress covered in different colored gems, complete with piercing ocean blue eyes. "And this guy, I know he kinda looks like a girl, but he is actually a dude. Very very sweet person.” He gave Kari a smile as he then asked. "Have you by chance seen any of them?” He knew for a fact that she couldn’t have seen Ilma… Ilma was dead. So this… was yet another test.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

The primate barked into laughter as Kari blankly stared at him. Well, at least someone found her amusing. Because right now, she was merely confused about what was even happening. At least when the primate spoke again, his words weren't as loud as they were before. Her ears perked forward as he gathered his things and started his way down. Kari took a couple of steps backwards as he settled in front of her.

As he spoke, Kari observed him, her eyes locked upon him. What was he doing here? Who was he? Though Kari had never come across someone that was deaf and able to communicate through sign language, she had come across other primates that carried around things like he was doing. So that, in itself, wasn't strange. She just couldn't figure out what the strange gestures were for. If he could read lips - which he just admitted to doing - Kari wasn't sure what the hands were for then.

The introduction came - the last name of the primate sticking out to her more than anything else. Ghasel? She knew that last name and the flash of Helu came to her mind. Either this was a child - adopted or otherwise was still up for debate - or it was another relative. However, the primate claiming that it felt great to use the full name confused her. She didn't show that confusion, keeping her face blank as she stared at him. She merely kept her silence, letting the creature talk. The primate was quick to grab something from his pack, Kari's body tensing because she wasn't sure what it was. As he whipped out utensils and things, he started to sketch, asking after creatures. There was a possibility that Kari could have run into them, though they weren't something that she remembered. She slowly shook her head in the negative.

Little did she know that both of them were inside of her realm.

The second to last caused her to pause. She stared at the drawing, the only thing that she could think of was Helu. "Helu is here. The other three I haven't met before." She wasn't afraid to drop the name of the wild dog. In some way, they were connected because they carried the same last name.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Noam
Male
Rogue
Bonobo
© Avocado
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Noam watched Kari’s reactions to the drawings and he just managed to hold a smirk on his face as he watched Kari eyes linger on Helu’s picture. Linger was not the right word, ”Staring would be more like it. Hmmmm… this is interesting. Normal people wouldn’t stare like that...” At least that is what he thought. He awaited her words and watched her lips as she spoke.

"Helu is here. The other three I haven't met before."

Noam nodded. She was telling the truth, however the fact that Helu was here, meant either Genna or Siekta was. Helu would not settle down somewhere without finding one of them, they would have stubbornly continued to search. He would of course confirm or deny that with Helu later. But he was overjoyed that Helu was here. He almost couldn’t believe it! But the woman wouldn’t have even known their name if they had not known them.

A mischievous smirk then appeared on Noam’s face before he spoke, "Should I pull Helu’s drawing out of the sketchbook for you? You can keep it if you want.” The smirk continued to show as he spoke again, "Your eyes lingered on her for awhile… Who are you to my mother? Mrs…?” Noam was clearly enjoying himself and prodded Kari for her name.

Noam watched as Kari kept looking at his hands as he spoke. He found it amusing, although it was obvious that either she had never met someone that spoke sign language, or she knew and was able to read it. He severely doubted on the latter though. "I am guessing you have never seen sign language before. The hand things is a nonverbal language of the deaf… well it could be used to the mute too… or really anyone. Although being blind would make learning it a tad ironic... and difficult.”

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

She wanted to know what he was to Helu but before she could ask, the primate asked if she wanted the drawing. She paused, her head tilted to the side as her eyes flickered back to the drawing. What did she need it for? And yet, why did she want it?

She had the image of flashing it to Helu the next time she saw them. Would there be embarrassment? The thought alone nearly made her giddy with pleasure. "If you wouldn't mind." Well, she was sure that the primate would easily be able to redraw it in a flash should he want one of his own. The reason why she wanted the picture would be lost in a sea of the other things that she didn't want to deal with. Eventually, that little box that she had would burst open but she hoped not before she was ready for it.

If she ever would be.

When the primate claimed that Helu, reaffirming what he had said before, was his mother, Kari blinked. "What are you to my mother?" Now, wasn't that just a fine damn question? Hell, Kari wanted to know the answer herself. What the fuck was she to Helu? Friend? Queen?

They're your crush.

If Kari didn't have such a good poker face when she needed it, she'd have gasped. Instead, she shoved the useless subconscious into the tightly filled box of things that needed to be dealt with later. "Helu is a friend. My name is Kari Dame. I'm the Queen to the Algiz -- one of the realms that belongs to the Kingdom." She hadn't expected for the primate to explain the weird hand gestures. Each time that the hands moved, Kari watched them with intent. Was it something that she could learn? Well, she was certain that the only way for her to sign back would be if she was in primate form herself. If Helu had a deaf son, it probably meant that the wild dog was able to understand the weird hand gestures, right? A thought for a different day. "Is it something that you'd be able to teach me?"

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Noam
Male
Rogue
Bonobo
© Avocado
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Using Investigator Noam closely watched Kari’s reaction to him offering her the sketch, his mischievous smirk growing larger. He could tell she had a fondness for Helu, although what exactly that translated to he couldn’t tell with her facial expression alone.

“If you wouldn’t mind.”

”She fancies mum.” I mean you wouldn’t normally give that reaction or agree to a drawing of someone unless they were important to you. Right? But he honestly wouldn’t mind giving this lady the picture. This was just a quick sketch, he had better drawings in his backpack… he made sure to burn all the ones he couldn’t take back in the Kingdom of Bones. It was a shame, burning so many drawings, but it was necessary. He nodded and turned around to his backpack, grabbed his jade knife and began to cut the page cleanly out of his sketchbook before looking up for the next answer to his question. Yes, he needed to know who she was to his mom before feeling comfortable talking about stuff.

"Helu is a friend. My name is Kari Dame. I'm the Queen to the Algiz -- one of the realms that belongs to the Kingdom."

Noam couldn’t help but snort and laugh. He then mouthed a few times ‘Kari Dame’ as if he was trying to learn it. He then dropped his knife sharp end up and skillfully catches it with his foot, leaving his hands just a bit more open to sign. "Alright Kahri Dame Queen of the Olgis, tell me why the hell I should believe that lie? You clearly fancy my mum, whether you care to tell me or not is your issue. No one oogles the way you did at a drawing the way you did without fancying the person in it.” He was unaware that he was actually pronouncing or saying the words wrong, one of the downfalls of lip reading was new unknown words were hard, like names or places. And... perhaps ogling was a tad of an exaggeration, but she definitely likes Helu, there was almost no doubt in his mind after the way she not once, but twice looked at the drawing.. He sniggers a bit more before a realization comes to him. "Unless!!!! You don’t tell me cause your in denial. Are you in denial Queen Kahri?” He puts his right hand to his face and does is mock gasp. "Wanna tell me the truth and I’ll give you a drawing of her, something much better than this simple sketch. Don’t worry, I won’t tell her if you fancy her, none of my business to actually involve myself in that process. Although I would like to know if whose ass I need to kick if someone dares to break her heart. Don’t put it past me to kick a queen’s ass if it’s deserved.” He gives her a smile and awaited her answer.

Noam then rose an eyebrow at Kari’s question however.

"Is it something that you'd be able to teach me?"

"Able to, yes. Willing to?.... that depends on how honest and open you are with me. I already miss out on hearing people’s tones so deadpan humor is lost on me. Plus, due to being deaf my eyes don’t miss out on anything because they can’t afford to. So.. don’t go lying to me and be up forward and well be just fine. Though, learning sign language will be not as efficient as it should be if I teach you, cause… well you know.. Hard to sign with paws. Although you could still read what I sign, which will be good if I can’t talk, or something.” He smirks and quickly turns around and rummages for a second to pull out his largest sketch book and opens it up to a large colorful portrait drawing of Helu who looks to smiling at something and is wearing their iconic large gold earrings. "It’s a bit older, this was back when they smiled more, an actual smile that is. Much better than that quick sketch though, yeah? I can even roll it up in a bamboo tube so it won’t get ruined.” He knew he let information slip, but if she was any good at being a queen and even Helu’s ‘friend’ then she would already know that Helu rarely actually smiled a genuine smile. It was a bit of a bait, he wanted to see if she would take it.