Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year IX
April 15th - May 31st

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Winter Y8
Character
Rai
CloudyNight
Relationship
Regalia & Vitani
Thread
LOSS

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Name
Burneh
Ailes
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private {Kari} Stubbornness in Spades

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 66.2AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 70 lbs

{Kari} Stubbornness in Spades

Ħelu Għasel

I may be sweet, but even honey can become bitter.

Perhaps, just maybe… possibly Helu had been pulling too many frequent all nighters. It was a bad habit of theirs. There were many different reasons why they pulled all nighters. They could have been in the middle of cooking something that required many hours and constant tending. They could have too much to do before the next day. And… cooking took their mind off of things, off of bad memories, off of anxiety…

Thankfully they had not seen Kari in awhile. Yes, they were her personal chef, but they managed to avoid her for awhile. Not that they were upset with her, or angry, or wanted to avoid her. But that it just happened that way, the reason they were thankful though, was because they looked a bit awful. They looked tired, and they felt ill. Helu knew though that they were not actually ill, it was just that their body was tired. Although if they kept pushing themselves surely they would fall ill soon. There was also two other downfalls of being overworked… Helu’s birth Latin accent seeped out into their words and they weren’t able to hold their mask up as well. They were more sassy and bold with their words when they were tired. In a way they were more honest.

Helu yawned as they were laying down in their house in their bedroom which was on the second floor. (design 4 house) The sun was up and it was past when they should be at the kitchens, but they needed a few more hours of sleep. They had gotten back to their house late in the night and ended up sleeping in. Helu groaned as they stood up and yawned again.

“Hopefully Kari decided to be lazy and sleep in for once. Probably not.. Stubborn woman.” Their Latin birth accent heavily laced their words. That accent tended to come out if they were pissed, being sassy, or tired. It was something they had to work on expunging from their words when they lived in the kingdom of bones. The old king had hated their accent. They chuckled knowing that Kari being lazy was never going to happen, Kari is stubborn and probably had some weird regime that she sticks with.. Of course teasing them at least three times a day must be on it somewhere. "Probably in the daily goals to achieve section" . Kari probably was wondering where the heck they were… or not. They really were not sure what they were to her. “I am just a chef. Nothing more.” They slowly began to make their way down the ramp and to the first floor of their house. They had to get back to work.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Height: 38
AP: 173AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160

RE: {Kari} Stubbornness in Spades

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

Just as Helu appeared to be getting up, Kari was returning to the Peninsula.

The duties of a leader were never going to finish. It didn't matter that there were multiple leaders in the Kingdom, Kari still had a job to do. That meant that she went out countless nights to patrol the borders. Since the territory wasn't small, it meant that it took time for her to patrol each and every territory that the Kingdom claimed as their own. There were certain ones, like the Peninsula, that she could do less frequently. With so many creatures in the Peninsula, it was their stronghold. It were where nearly every single member of the Kingdom resided in. The Flattop was also a relatively protected area. She only had to make sure that the parts of the territory that weren't bordering the Marrok were protected.

She was sure that no one was stupid enough to climb the cliffs of the Flattop. She didn't think creatures that weren't marine life could survive in the ocean for long. She easily believed that it would be a suicide mission to make a point. Kari had been on a one trek mind to return home, so she wasn't aware of the fact that she had passed by Helu's house.

The scent of the wild dog entered her nostrils and she paused. Her head tilted to the side as she froze. Eyes slowly blinked as Kari made her way toward the house when she heard the sound of their honey voice. Smirking to herself, amused at the hidden sass in their tones. Without further care, Kari poked her head into the doorway. "Laziness isn't a trait that I'm familiar with, unfortunately." If it was, she'd not be a queen.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

{Mature word used in this post}

Helu was tired and worn out from the several days of all nighters. So they were walking a bit slowly. They yawned as they came down the ramp and began walking towards the front door. They were a few feet away from the front door when Kari’s head popped in past the hide that served as their ‘door’. The suddenness of her action, and the fact they were not expecting it scared them and caused them to jump.

“Sanctus stercore!” They exclaimed loudly. They turned to the right and took a few steps away trying to calm their heart. They took a deep breath and turned around, glaring at Kari in a teasing manner with their tired eyes. “Of course not. Laziness is but a mere stranger to you. Although even a blind man could see that you are intimately familiar with stubborness, sass, and scaring the life out of me.” Their words were spoken in their honeyed voice, but carried a latin accent along with it.

“Next time just come into my house, no reason to creep around doorways scaring innocents. You could wind up with something thrown at your head.” They teased her hoping that it would distract her from the fact they looked worn out and exhausted. “Now...I apologize for being late with your breakfast, let us head over to the kitchen and I shall cook you some fresh food. You must be hungry by now.” They would attempt to walk to the front door and try and non-physically push Kari back by invading her personal space in hopes she would back up and let them pass.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

oc. Translation
sanctus stercore- latin for Holy Shit.

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

She didn't bother to hold her laughter in. Her actions had surprised the wild dog and she was giddy with amusement. The foreign language dropped and Kari's eyes sparkled. Despite how tired she was, she didn't seem inclined to walk toward her house to sleep. "It is a special talent," Kari easily agreed. "Sarcasm is a fourth language to the Dames."

To most of the Dames, anyway. Especially those that were headstrong. She arched a brow when they claimed that next time, she should just enter the house. Well, she could have fun with that, now couldn't she? She kept those thoughts to herself, her face still showing the smirk and twinkle in her eyes. "There is only one that would be brave enough to do that." Her darling younger brother would take it upon his mission to make her look like a fool. Despite years apart, their relationship was still the same as it had been before she had left. "And I'm sure he isn't even up this early."

Her brother was lazy, though Kari wasn't going to judge him. Not every Dame wished to lead. Not every Dame had the same personality. If they did, wouldn't they all just be carbon copies? It was why Kari never wished to push anything upon her brother that he didn't want to do. Even though she was speaking to Helu, she was observing them. The way that they acted, the way that they carried themselves. She frowned at them, even as they tried to push her aside.

Wasn't that cute? The tiny wild dog thought that she would back down from them encroaching into her space. Making a silent statement, Kari sat down in the doorway, her lips twisting upwards. "When was the last time you had proper sleep?"

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

Kari’s laughter filled their house, and it would be a lie to say that they hated the sound. Kari’s amusement seemed to be on full display, she looked positively giddy with it.

"It is a special talent. Sarcasm is a fourth language to the Dames."

“OH wonderful. Now I have something to look forward to when I meet your family. Should I also brace myself for unbashful flirtation as well? Or is that your particular specialty naħal rjali?” The last two words were spoken directively towards Kari, the letters lingering on their tongue as they said it. They couldn’t help but continue their antics, they were tired and their attitude and sarcasm was not being held back.
Kari then mentioned that there was only one person who would creep around doorways scaring people, and that they probably were not up yet. “Well for their sake I hope they are good at dodging things.” Because they were definitely aiming for the head.

Helu watched as Kari made a statement and sat in the doorway. She was NOT going to let them leave. They clicked their tongue at her. Being so close to her they had to look up a great deal to meet her eyes, but they did, and their fiery eyes looked right into hers. She looked tired, but still a smirk graced her face. “Typical stubborn woman.”

"When was the last time you had proper sleep?"

Helu chuckled and their eyes narrowed in challenging manner. They were NOT going to answer her question, but instead call her on her hypocrisy and try and make her make a decision. Did she really want them? Or was she just merely enjoying teasing them. They needed to know, they were a bit scared to know.. However they just needed to.

“You are being a hypocrite you know that? Dragging on me for working to hard and staying up and yet you are doing the same thing. Don’t think I don’t notice how you act and your tired eyes. Your not allowed to be a hypocrite, I forbid it. Now, unless you plan on officially stepping past this queen and chef personal boundary thing we have going on and actually DO something then you can just watch as I use one of the other exits this house has. Or… you can cross it and stop me.” Their eyes searched Kari’s for a moment before they turned around and began to slowly head towards one of the window’s on the first floor of the house. Yes, they were tired, but they could still easily jump out of it. They were fit, and agile from all the hours they put into their work.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

oc. translation naħal rjali = Royal Honeybee

Helu is a hermaphrodite which leads them to have both a male and female smell. Due to pheromones they always smell like honey.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

She couldn't help it: laughter came out from the response from the wild dog. Her lips twisted upwards in a smirk, her eyes sparking in amusement. She never felt threatened by another snapping back at her. In fact, in most situations, she welcomed a little bit of bite. She would rather have another be blunt with her than sugarcoat something that didn't need it. "Hmm," she hummed thoughtfully, "well. If you don't want flirtation, stay clear of my cousin." Though, Kari was certain that she would fight Sive for Helu.

Wait, what? Filing that little bit of information away because she still wasn't fully sure what she should categorize her sexuality anymore, Kari blinked her eyes at the wild dog. Slowly, she tilted her head to the right side, the smirk still ever present upon her face. Helu's claim that they hoped that whoever had the gall to do it was good at dodging things caused Kari to merely snort. "My brother," she said with affection for a younger brother that had sarcasm down pact, "is quick upon his feet. Genetics, I think. His mother is a cheetah." It was a glimpse into her family - a small one. Because while they were siblings, they were only half.

They claimed that she was being a hypocrite when she asked the question. Kari had not mentioned that she had just been on night patrol. She knew that she looked like she was probably dead upon her feet.

She didn't know when the last time she had actually had proper sleep. It was probably been a couple of days at least. She'd nap here and there while she was patrolling some of the other lands but it didn't make a difference when she wasn't on her bed. She narrowed her eyes upon them, though there was still an amused glint in the mismatched eyes. "I think you should admit to yourself that the barrier between queen and chef has been crossed a long time ago." With that, Kari stepped into the house, her lips still flickered upwards. "And I asked because I haven't slept in a few days. So, we are going to take a nap." It was said with strictness. Kari followed closely behind Helu and she'd try to use her body to direct Helu toward the ramp. She knew that Helu was in a two story and that the bed must be upstairs. "Then after the nap, I might be willing to let you go to the kitchens to work."

Because Kari knew that overwork could end in disaster. And she didn't want that to happen to Helu.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 12:54 AM by Ħelu. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ħelu Għasel

Helu clicked their tongue at Kari’s mention at staying clear of her cousin. “I am going to stay clear of all the other Dames cause I have no clue what your cousin looks like. Whatever they look like I am sure they are not as bad as you.” Their tone was purely sass and held no hint of anger. This was just their sassy banter, if Kari couldn’t deal with it, then tough. ”Hmm.. Maybe I am a tad grouchy from lack of sleep.”

Kari then mentioned her brother being the one who would be the one they would throw stuff at. She mentioned he was a cheetah, “I don’t care what your brother is, if he values his face scarless then he better not come creeping around my house like a weirdo. I will aim for his spotted head.” They were semi serious, however it just sounded more like sass than anything.

"I think you should admit to yourself that the barrier between queen and chef has been crossed a long time ago."

Kari’s words caused them to blush. Her words were quickly followed by movement as well as more words.

"And I asked because I haven't slept in a few days. So, we are going to take a nap."

They noted the strictness in her voice. ”She is not letting me go.” Helu’s heart thumped a bit. Why did that make them happy? They did not get much time to think upon that thought as Kari began herding them with her body. Kari was bigger than them and weighed more, there was no way they would be able to muscle their way past her. They clicked their tongue and gave up trying to escape past her. Kari had not slept in a few days, she really needs to sleep. Helu willingly walked the rest of the way up the ramp.

"Then after the nap, I might be willing to let you go to the kitchens to work."

There was emphasis on the ‘might’. However her words were a bit possessive. If anyone else had said that to them Helu would have bit them… however, coming from Kari, it made them happy. Why did Kari’s dominance and possessiveness make them happy? She knew Kari was just trying to make sure they got sleep, however… her words made them feel wanted.. And they liked it. However they would still sass her. They turned around at the top of the ramp. Since Kari was still on the ramp it let them almost be at the same height for once. “So you get possessive when you like someone? Somehow I don’t believe you will let me go back to work after the nap. You are a stubborn woman after all.” Their eyes held no anger and instead seemed to twinkle at Kari, they only wanted to banter with her a bit more. A slight blush appeared on their face and then they narrowed their eyes slightly, “Do not make fun of my bed or I will bite you.” With that they turned around and let Kari into their bedroom.

In the middle of the room was an oversized bed that somewhat resembled a nest as it was made of several layers of different hides. The bed could easily fit three Helus comfortably and the edges of the bed were rolled up to make a raised lip that encompassed the whole bed. Along the back wall was several shelves with several bowls on them filled with different herbs, flowers and dried ingredients. Helu made their way to the shelves. “Would you like me to scent the bed with lavender? To help us relax and sleep?” They were still somewhat suspicious of her intentions, although if she had not slept for a few days they doubted she would try anything. Helu yawned slightly as they waited her reply.

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (8) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

Helu's claim that they would stay away from the Dames caused the russet wolf to give a bark of laughter. Her lips remained in that familiar smirk as she slowly started to shake her head in the negative. "You might as well stay in the house, then." Because the Kingdom was full of Dames. It was hard to turn around without looking at one in the eyes. When she had been younger, she had thought that was a restriction. Now, Kari took comfort in such a large family.

She wouldn't have it any other way.

Continuing to attempt to herd Helu in the direction that she wanted them to go, she reflected on the words that they had said about her brother. The female wolf could see why they might think that the boy in question was a cheetah. Kari had claimed that it was genetics and that the mother of the wolf in question was a cheetah. So, it could safely be assumed that he was as well. "Though Jahi looks like a cheetah, he is a wolf." She had no idea that said brother was able to change as she was. If she did, she'd laugh like crazy because the sass of the boy would finally fit his body. "You'll be quick to learn that the Dames are all different species." She was sure that her aunts and her cousin had a rather difficult time of not procreating.

Not wanting to think about these things (because Kari still wasn't one hundred percent sold on being a good mother), she pushed it to the side. Muscling her way, directing Helu toward the ramp, the wild dog would pause and turn toward her. Helu's words about her becoming possessive when she liked someone was accurate. She didn't want to look at the signs that she was giving because she still wasn't fully sure what it was that she felt. She just knew that there was attraction and would she burn both of them? "Nope, probably not." The agreement came easily. The second that they instructed that she should make no comment about the bed, otherwise they'd find away to get past her, Kari's mouth worked without communicating with her brain. "Kinky," she drawled, "ten out of ten would try."

Her entire body froze, stiffening as she stared upon the wild dog. Almost like she had the deer caught in the headlights look of what the fuck did she say??

Holy shit, she was tired. Her head drooped as she shook her head. Maybe it was a headache that she couldn't feel? Whatever the reason, she felt like she was suddenly Jahi without the mind to mouth filter and wow, that sucked. Shrugging away her tenseness, Kari followed the wild dog into the room. She took in the bed covered in furs and the female wolf was equally pleased. The snob in her, due to spending time with her grandfather, was secretly rolling around in deep pleasure. When Helu offered scent, the russet wolf flicked her gaze toward the wild dog. "Lavender."

Though Kari didn't have the same issues that some of her aunts did, she still would rather be safe than sorry. If it was meant to help sleep, then maybe her overactive brain would finally shut off and let her sleep.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Ħelu
Other
Algiz Consort
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3 years
Linked Accounts

Ħelu Għasel

"You might as well stay in the house, then."

Helu laughed,“Oh I bet you would enjoy that. You would always know where to find me to tease me.” Kari then spoke about her brother actually being a wolf that looked like a cheetah. She even gave a name, ‘Jahi’. Helu should remember that.

Kari had seemed to easily agree with not letting Helu go after the nap. ”Knew it. She is possessive.” But… that did not seem to bother them. It wasn’t surprising really, Kari since they had met her had a dominant headstrong personality. She didn’t really take no for an answer, plus she always made sure she got what she wanted.

However what did surprise Helu was Kari’s following words to their ‘threat’ of biting her.

"Kinky, ten out of ten would try."

Helu was only a few feet away from Kari on their way to shelves when they stopped in their tracks. Their eyes widened and their jaw dropped slightly. Helu’s ears dipped down in embarrassment and the fur on their back puffed up. Kari’s words clearly affected them.“I… uh..” They turned around to see Kari was in a similar ‘what the fuck just happened?’ state. Seeing Kari’s surprised reaction made Helu blush bright red. They quickly turned around again facing towards the shelves and whispered under their breath, “I’ll… remember that.” They would not admit that loudly. They were far too embarrassed to do so.

Once they had offered Kari the lavender she seemed to agree, only being able to say ‘lavender’. ”Perhaps.. She is still affect by what she said earlier.” To be honest Helu was as well. ”Why did Kari say that? I don’t think she meant to, but… I have no clue what that was about..” Was that a confirmation that Kari liked them. They knew that she did, but, for some reason they seemed to be in this… non-admitting area. Well they admitted they were more than just chef and queen but, there was no label for this. Helu was scared about getting their heart broken or messed with.

“Okay, I’ll scent the bed with lavender. It will only take a moment” Helu then grabbed a bowl full of lavender and proceeded to spread the lavender buds in particular places around the bed leaving the bed with a soft fragrance of lavender. They then put the bowl back on the shelf and walked over to the bed. They took a glance at Kari and their blush traveled to their ears. Kari’s words still ringing in their head.

After a moment of looking at Kari they realized they were staring and then proceeded to lay down on one side of the bed trying to give Kari as much room as they could in case she needed it. They tried to curl into a tight ball, it was a tad uncomfortable looking, but this whole situation was way past what Helu was used to and they were embarrassed and actually becoming a bit shy. Imagine it Helu Ghasel, SHY! “Go ahead and get comfortable, I can move around you.”

Text | "Talk."

dom90nic & Mark Dumont