Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 10
Dec. 1st - Jan. 19th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Oct. '19
Character
Caelan
[played by Amelia]
Thread
We Could be Immortals

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Sweet Dreams (Aren't Made of This...)

Zuriel
Male
Rogue
Caribou
© arcticwind
5.5 years
Height: 46 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 280 lbs

Sweet Dreams (Aren't Made of This...)

He jolted awake, trembling head to hooves and breaths coming too fast and shallow. Dark eyes darted unseeingly to eye his surroundings for several long moments before they seemed to finally focus in on the lake to his side. Safe. I am safe. Even repeating the mantra did little. Only the passing of time could calm his fight-or-flight instincts - that, and the clear view he had in all directions in the bright light of day.

The great bull named Zuriel shook himself violently and walked the few feet to reach the water's edge. There would be no more snatches of sleep for him today; he'd have to try his luck again at night. No use wasting the sun. He quenched his thirst and moved on towards the south. There was no sense of purpose in his movements. The movements were simply a result of his restless thoughts and desire to be away.

This place wasn't terrible. It was snow covered, forcing his coat to start growing longer than he could recall it being before. There were some mountains he had skirted around with his easy walking pace and he hoped there were none ahead. Although, he thought, at least there is no one to bother me. No one to ignore. No one to - Zuriel cut off that thought before it could finish. The dreams bothered him more than usual today.

And the only cure he knew for avoiding them was to keep moving. One step after another and a gaze fixed on the ground ahead.

He moves. | "He speaks." | He thinks.
Image used.

Atsila

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

RE: Sweet Dreams (Aren't Made of This...)

Atsila Dame
'This can't be happening to me
this is just a dream'

There was a chill in the air that Atsila _loved._ It was fall and the air was beginning to cool down. Her winter coat was coming in. You could tell due to the fluffiness of her peach and white fur. The twin tails that flowed from her hips were especially puffy.

What was a tiny fox doing all the way out here, you might ask? You could say that she was growing rather bored staying at home. She was an adventurer at heart. There was far too much to see for her to stay home all the time. She was growing older, too! She needed to get out there, see what there was to see, make new friends...

She shivered lightly as a cool burst of wind brushed against her, sinking into her thickening coat, and reminding her that she was used to a warmer climate. Still, she was not to be deterred easily. Violet eyes ringed with pumpkin-orange flicked over her surroundings, ears twitching on her skull as the snow crunched beneath her toes. She was on the lookout for assholes, like that one wolf that she had run into the last time she had gone out. God, he had been a basket case.

She paused a moment when she heard the footsteps of another. They were heavier, letting the smaller fox know that this was not another small animal in her area. Her head twisted on top of her neck, posture taking on more of an alert stillness as she ceased her walking. Her eyes landed on a herbivore that was rather large, his gaze fixed to the ground with each robotic move he took. He didn't even look like he was alive, he looked like he was a... machine. "Hello?" She was prepared to move. She had no idea if he would run right over her or not.

Action | "Speech" | 'Thought' | Element | Power
original code made by Araluen, stock image taken by Daniel Arndt.

Zuriel
Male
Rogue
Caribou
© arcticwind
5.5 years
Linked Accounts

Repetition, repetition. Keep the mind blank so it wouldn't couldn't remember. So focused was he that even the slight splash of color on the barren landscape didn't register, the footsteps too light for his disinterest to pick up. Thus, the sudden voice from ahead - too close, too small, too close, too small - startled him into an abrupt stop. His head rose sharply, putting his mighty antlers on display, and his ears flicked forward. The color registered before much else, something almost similar enough to - something almost similar enough that his flight instinct nearly kicked in.

Luckily, the size of the creature now before him calmed his mind. Zuriel snorted and relaxed just enough to show he would not be a danger. What were these things called again? Only once had he seen another such as this. A fox, right? She was almost adorably small, though her colors were different from the silver-tipped black one a few months ago. She had greeted him, that was the noise he had heard. Dark purple eyes blinked once in acknowledgement, accompanied by a dip of his head, to show that he had heard her.

And then he moved onwards. Zuriel kept his pace slow and steps short in case the little thing wished to tag along.

Image used.

Atsila

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

Atsila Dame
this is just a dream'

The sudden abrupt stop was concerning. The jerk of his cranium as it raised sharping from where it had previously been hanging forced her to take a step back because she didn't know why he had reacted like that. There were no words offered to her, the only acknowledgement given to her a blink of dark purple eyes and a nod of his head. Then he was was walking once again. She didn't move right away, but stood in the place she was for a good moment or two before her head swiveled on her head to look after him.

He was walking slow, his strides seeming to be a lot shorter for his size and length of his legs. Maybe he wouldn't min the company? She turned on heel, ebony clad legs moving beneath her to propel her forward. Her paws steps were light on the ground, the chill pressing up between her paw pads as she fell into a brisk trot beside him. "Are ya knew to these lands?" She asked, noting how her breath was easily seen drifting toward the sky.

"If ya are, I think you'll like it here. I've lived in Yavania for all my years," a smile twitched the corners of her maw up as she turned her head to regard him with a curious gaze. "My names Atsila, by the way." He didn't seem like he was the type who liked to talk a lot. That didn't bother her. If he chose to answer her inquiries he could. If he didn't want to, that was okay, too.

Zuriel
Male
Rogue
Caribou
© arcticwind
5.5 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 02:16 PM by Zuriel. Edited 1 time in total.)
He must have confused her, for it took her a moment to actually start following him. It didn't matter whether she did or not; eventually he would have resumed his normal pace. The reminder that he had become so distracted to allow her approach in the first place forced him to become engaged in his surroundings. For the first time in several weeks, he walked with his head high enough to get a clear view and his ears attuned to the sounds of living things.

Such as the little thing who had caught up and begun speaking to him. Zuriel remained silent for a moment after she gave her name. He wondered silently if today would be a bad voice day, but the water had to have helped a little. He decided to give it a try anyway. "Yes." A simple response to a simple question. There was no pain yet, so he introduced himself, "I am Zuriel," and tried to ignore how utterly destroyed still his voice was. Things were never the same after. He didn't know why he expected any different of an outcome.

Perhaps he could ask a question of his own? The little creature, Atsila was her name, had said she spent all her years in this new land. Yavania. So she was born here? "Is this it?" Even as he said the first word, he knew he couldn't speak again. He hoped that she could understand the meaning of his question. He wanted to know if this... this tundra was all that Yavania encompassed, or if it belonged to a larger selection of lands. There were a few places where the named land was actually many different ones grouped together.

Image used.

Atsila

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

Atsila Dame
this is just a dream'

He seemed to be a man of little words, though she could only imagine that it may hurt him to speak. His voice sounded as if it had been ran through a cheese shredder. It made her wince in sympathy, but she didn't ask him what had happened. He may not want to speak about it and besides, they were strangers who had only just met. It wouldn't do to start prying into his life and the reason why his voice sounded wrecked. She would prefer to keep her thoughts to herself.

When he asked his own question she understood perfectly what he meant. Was this frozen land all there was to Yavania. The question seemed so absurd to her, but she could not fault him for the question. How was he supposed to know these lands were vast if he had only just arrived here? "Nah," she replied, motioning before them with a pull of her head. "Yavania is huge. There are many lands, some claimed by kingdoms and many free for all to roam," she informed him, her dual tails flicking behind her as she continued to trot in order to remain next to him.

"I live in one of the kingdoms." She wouldn't divulge too much information about her home to him. She didn't know if he wanted to know more about where she lived. He had simply asked about what was all here in these lands.

Zuriel
Male
Rogue
Caribou
© arcticwind
5.5 years
Linked Accounts

It was nearly a bombardment of information, so used to solitude Zuriel had become, but he merely took several minutes to fully digest what it was she was saying. He was willing to let silence fall between them - though if she spoke, he did not hear it. Kingdoms? Like herds, or packs, or prides? The last one tried to bring a pang of pain and longing that he staunchly ignored in favor of his thoughts. If some of these lands were claimed and others were free... What did that make where they stood now? Atsila said she belonged to a kingdom. Was this a claimed territory? She seemed awfully blasé about his presence if that was true. Not only that, he suspected he would have been chased off before traversing the entirety of the tundra if this was a claimed piece of land.

His throat throbbed from the old wound but he was determined this time. At least if he knew more, he could avoid more situations like the one he found himself in. Trailed by a stranger - that he allowed to follow - and drawn into conversation. Though at least the little fox didn't seem pushy. She must have recognized that he wished not to speak too much. Zuriel doubted she knew the reason why despite the scars plain as day.

Clearing his throat would do no good. Instead, he blew a rough blast of air through his nostrils and asked another question. "Tell me more? So stubborn. It was entirely his own fault for pushing his limits on speech; the beginning started strong but immediately dropped off until it was but a grating whisper. Hard to hear, hard to fully understand. Even with the brevity and careful wording, his own body betrayed him.

Image used.

Atsila

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

Atsila Dame
this is just a dream'

The sudden rough blast of air shot nearly startled her, but she managed to keep her wits about her. Her head jerked back rather suddenly to regard the man who spoke, the quality of his voice only seeming to grow worse as the minutes drew on. Maybe he shouldn't be talking at all if it was bothering him, but who was she to correct him? They had only met and she was not in the business of telling strangers what was good for them. Besides, it was a little bit of a double-edged sword, wasn't it? He was new to these lands and needed to know what they were all about if he was to survive.

"My Kingdom is called Kingdom of Gullborg. It's made up of three different realms. We all protect each other from the dangers of the world, ya know? Yavania is a generally peaceful place, but ya know, every land has shit that stinks." Her nose wrinkled in distaste. The world would be a better place if such bad creatures didn't exist, wouldn't it? Then again, if there was no evil in the world, how would they know who the good was? There seemed to be a checks-and-balance with everything.

"Anyway, the best form of protection anywhere is finding a home where ya fit in. We have plenty'o herbivore who live within the kingdom--heck, several of my siblings are deer!" She didn't realize just how odd that statement might be to someone who wasn't accustomed to the way the Avatars worked and blessed couples with hybrids.

Zuriel
Male
Rogue
Caribou
© arcticwind
5.5 years
Linked Accounts

It was almost as if the more she talked, the less she made sense. At the same time, he understood perfectly what she was explaining to him. Perhaps it was because he wasn't used to three separate groups working together, but had knowledge in two existing side by side? Though her description - every land has shit that stinks - brought a rusty smile to his lips. And, oh, what a truth it was. Though at least with the shit one could know the gold on the opposite end.

The last bit froze him near-instantaneously. Somehow, through all this conversation, it hadn't quite hit home that hearing about all this land and of others working together might mean there were carnivores here as well, not just the little fox at his feet and these deer siblings she spoke of. And what utter nonsense, too! Carnivores and herbivores mixing as such? It was a recipe for disaster. It would end no differently than he and -

Zuriel stomped a hoof and abruptly adopted an aggressive pose towards Atsila. He did not yet lower his head to threaten with his antlers, but his chin was tucked to cover his weakest spot. "You speak nonsense. No carnivores could live peacefully among their prey, and no herbivores would suffer the company of their hunters." The great bull's voice faltered at points but his words were strong and heard clearly. He snorted and tossed his head, dismissing the little fox as a threat, though he did not lose the tension in his stance as he forged ahead, no longer holding back to allow her to easily keep up.

Not an attempted exit, simply having an angry response to bad memories.
Image used.

Atsila

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

Atsila Dame
this is just a dream'

If there was one thing that failed to rattle the little fox, it was the sudden anger that he displayed. She did pause, her ears flicking back as irritation flickered through her chest. How dare he accuse her of speaking nonsense? Had he not asked her about these lands? Had he not just admitted that he was new? How could he accuse her of lying when he didn't know the first thing about these lands! Her ears pinned against her head as he snapped at her, snorting at her as though she were spouting off ridiculous notions that were not true. "Excuse me," she said, her voice remaining cordial though there was heat heard beneath it.

Her ebony clad legs burst forward into a run, her determination fueling her onward as she boldly attempted to keep pace with him. "Do not act as if you know the inner-workings of these lands when you, yourself, admitted to being a stranger. I have already told you that our lands are not like any other and I'm sorry if you think that what I claim is false, but I will have you know that I do have herbivore siblings, that carnivores and herbivores within my kingdom do live peacefully among each other, and that I do not appreciate your sudden attitude toward me for your own disbelief of the truth."

She was born from a family that was bold and spoke their mind. She was no different and she would not tolerate disrespect when she was completely in the right. "I have no reason to lie to you and furthermore, sir, there are more polite ways to disagree. If you need proof, you only need to ask. Being rude is entirely unnecessary."