Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Kari
Ozone
Relationship
Kari & Helu
Thread
Never Again

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Open
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome FEAST OF KNOWLEDGE

The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Height: -
AP: 260AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: -

FEAST OF KNOWLEDGE

Mythys' desires were academic, and she was content to visit the mortal realm, to provide the vast knowledge of her brethren to the mortals once in a blue moon. The Keepers of Knowledge, she and Talios stored and sifted through the vast information of the world. Nothing had or ever would happen that she and Talios did not know about. Regardless of her preferences, it was time once more. Time to educate the mortals. Without knowing where this world came from, how could they ever hope to appreciate all they had? To master the gifts given to them and thrive?

Walking around to the Temple's front, peacock tail trailing the ground behind her, she laid out a feast, a gift to those who came (though, in her opinion, the only true gift was knowledge). It took her no time, no effort, to create a buffet of meats, fruits, nuts, and hay for the creatures of Yavania to enjoy. That done, she spoke to the mortals all across Yavania. "Come. Feast, celebrate, and learn." That said, she backed into the shadows of the temple, waiting inside where she could not be seen, invisible to sight and scent. For now, she would listen. Talios, her partner, landed on her head, observing all.

SUMMARY
Mythys and Talios have started the Feast of Knowledge, and are hidden in the temple out of sight! This thread will be a lesson, in which these two Avatars will teach everyone here about the creation of the world, Mother Earth, and her Avatars. The Avatars will not post again until the 7th, so there is plenty of time to join. Attending this thread will grant your character 4 AP. Apply for that AP here, with the Task filled out to say "Attended Fertility Feast."

For the next two weeks (from 1st to 15th), threads that contain teaching & learning and are marked [FoK] in the title are worth 4 EXTRA AP. Apply for that AP here, with the Task filled out to say "Taught/learned during the Knowledge Festival." Each character may participate in as many FF threads as they desire; there is no limit on rewards for [FF] threads.

If your character attends this Feast OR participates in an FoK thread, they can also claim 4 AP here, with the Task filled out to say "Attend a Festival."

Galadriel
Female
Aldrnari Resident
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
5 (5.5) years
Height: 35 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

RE: FEAST OF KNOWLEDGE

The scent of fall was a penchant to the Ainar. Walking without haste, she inhaled its aroma. The sniff lingered within her muzzle's cavity before being released in a pleasant sigh.

The voice of Mythos didn't dare pass Galadriel's ears. She would partake in this feast, though it wasn't food she was after. That word that dangled at the end of the summons, tempting all mortals and immortals alike, intrigued the woman. She felt nothing but interest forming within her graceful being. And so she was off without hesitation. It would be a grateful change to the somber tones that still haunted that of the Kingdom. Fear and guilt would attempt to pierce her lighted heart, but it would be dutifully cast away. King Aurelius would want his subjects to carry on. At least Galadriel felt so.

She arrived at the temple in due time. Aqualine eyes grew wide and bright. There was a trove of food. Each delicately prepared. It was as if she was an honored guest. Immediately, Galadriel dipped her head to the table. The host (or hosts?) may not be visible, but she would audibly thank them nonetheless, in case they were possibly watching. Gratitude given, Galadriel delved closer to the feast. She would seat herself and decide to perhaps sate her appetite before her quest for knowledge.

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks. | Magic
stock by Sas R. & somadjinn

Nala
Female
Asylum Vagabond
Lion
© Makao
2.5 years
Height: 40 in
AP: 14AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180lb

A serious and rather dry expression adorned the lionesses face as she paced through the fields. Dark paws, stepped without rush as the female didn't find a reason to do her stuff quickly. She wanted to take her time and if others didn't like that, she wouldn't be really interested in what's they will say. It was her life no other's and from now one, she won't allow others opinions to be relevant to her actions. Only Amari was enough important for her to be followed and obeyed. Others instead, were nothing to her. The past experiences taught her to stop being friendly to everyone, she won't show kindness or care to any she encounters. No one deserved her love, once again only Amari did.

And as she walked, a voice reached her ears. Unsure about who was it, she stop walking and deciding what to do Takes a time to think. And when she heard the word learn , her interest exploded , pushing her toward the temple. A place she didn't visit in a long time.

As she arrived, pink eyes landed upon the food that was prettily placed there. Smiling walks toward wanting to have a taste. And as she did, she spotted a wolf. But soon , her interest faded and as the other wasn't known by her, she didn't t have reasons to interact with them. And leaving that to a side, starts to eat from the meat that was there. And hopefully the promised learning was nearby. She loved to learn more than anything else.

"Speech" | Thoughts | Magic | Unique power/feat

Nala wears a silver chain around her neck. It was a gift from Leonard for her in
THIS thread.
| She also got a Silver Ring, which contains the necromancy element.

Waovu

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2019, 04:12 PM by Kaitlyn. Edited 2 times in total.)

Waovu

He said be true
I swear I'll try

The call of a festival was made and Waovu had never been to one before. She was curious to find out just what it was that was going on here. Something had called them here--or rather, not something but someone. Her striped legs carried her toward the area, her sulfur-yellow eyes peering at the other's that had gathered here. There were only two others to be seen, their appearances making for a sorry looking party if she had ever seen one before. A frown grabbed the corners of her mouth as she glanced at the food that was laid out before her. She wrinkled her nose at the meats, her interest clearly lying in the sweet fruits and the grass that she could eat.

She dipped her head, teeth pulling at the sweet grass, sulfur colored eyes glancing from one creature to the other in silent contemplation. She hoped more would show up or this would be a sad turn out, indeed. Her ears continued to swivel on her crown, ears listening for the approach of other creatures as she maintained her quiet presence.

Action | Speech | Magic

background from Moonglowlilly on dA & stock from Moonglowlilly

The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Linked Accounts

Lingering in the shadows with Talio as her companion, Mythys listened to the creatures gather. Then, they stopped. So few had come, but Mythys did not react. She'd been giving this lesson for quite some time. Many in Yavania had already heard it, yet many had not. Ah, well. It was her task to see the lesson given. Not comment on those that had come.

After a suitable amount of time passed, she emerged from the depths of the Temple. Her tall figure moved slowly out of the shadows until the golden sunlight poured over her russet fur. Her extravagant peacock tail traced the ground behind her as she moved to sit on the stone step. Milky eyes shifted over the crowd. Although they were very clearly the eyes of the blind, they moved as though the woman could see easily what was happening before her.

Expecting silence to fall upon those gathered, the celestial woman allowed a small smile to shift across her muzzle. With Talios perched on her head, the woman spoke. "Greetings, children of Mother Earth. I have called you here today to share with you the beginnings of time and how the world and the lands we call Yavania came to be." Unlike past years, she fell silent as the hummingbird atop her head took over.

The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Linked Accounts

Without warning, Talios' little voice entered the minds of all gathered. "Long ago, before there was the constant battle of predator and prey, before there was the changing of the seasons, even before there were mountains, oceans and streams, there was nothing. There was only the Void. From that Void sprung Mother Earth, but not how we know her today: vibrant and full of life. She was as desolate as the Void from which she came, possessing only a single effervescent entity: magic."

He fell into silence then for a moment. it was clearly a lesson he knew by heart. Then, before even two breaths would pass, the divine ave continued on. "Mother Earth did not thrive in her isolation. Within time, the Sun was born from the Void and from then onward our Mother began to grow. Mountains, valleys, ridges, plains and plateaus began to appear on her surface as she expanded. Water found its way into the oceans, lakes and streams, setting the stage for different environments to flourish. Using the warmth from the Sun to nourish her body, Mother Earth then began to create vegetation. Grasses spread across the lands, trees sprouted from her skin, flowers grew in abundance in certain areas. The foliage was different and unique to certain areas, solidifying the differences in terrain and environment; creating deserts, rainforests, grasslands. But she did not stop there. Feeling that the beauty of her world needed to be shared, Mother Earth set to work creating the first creatures. Predators and prey alike, complex and simple-minded, she crafted beings of all shapes and sizes. Our Mother spent the most time on the sentient creatures, and it showed. Some of these creatures possessed abilities and powers that were a pale version of her own celestial magic, a byproduct of how much effort she put into her more complex children. But something was missing."

Again, he paused his story. Whether it was for affect or to allow those listening to gather their thoughts, he did not say. After a moment, he continued. "Her children knew nothing of her. Possessing no knowledge of her hand in their creation, Mother Earth remedied this by crafting the Avatars. Nine in total, each of us represent a facet of her being. I, Talios, and my partner, Mythys are the Keepers of Knowledge. We are most closely associated with the elements of Earth and Air. Avatar Syuna is the Child Giver and most closely associated with Plant and Light. Avatar Cyfton is the Spirit of the Battle, associated with Water and Electricity. Avatar Kulla is the Bringer of Death, associated with Healing and Shadow. Avatar Litar is the Spirit of the Hunt, associated with Fire and Metal. Avatar Drefos is the Weaver of Fate, associated with Divination and Necromancy. Marlon, the Voice of the Downtrodden, is associated to the Bardic element, and his wife, Maata the Traveler, is associated to Kinetic. May you remember this knowledge, and share it with all who come into the lands of Yavania." A short pause before he added, "And every so often, one of the Avatars descends from the heavens to mark a mortal with our color and our magic; we call them our Blessed."

He fell silent and, suddenly, gifts appeared in front of all three mortals who had heeded his partner's summons. A sweet treesap candy for Galadriel and Waovu. For Nala, a magical ring. Without adding another word, Mythys (with Talios atop her head) stepped backwards into the shadows. They disappeared back to the Eternal Realm, leaving the mortals to absorb her words.

OC: A name was randomly picked from those that attended. Nala has been gifted with an Elemental Jewelry (a ring). CloudyNight may choose the element it contains by PMing the Staff account. Galadriel and Waovu have been gifted an Elemental Level each. To apply it, post here.

He walks. | He speaks into your mind.

Galadriel
Female
Aldrnari Resident
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
5 (5.5) years
Height: 35 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

Galadriel smiled softly at those in attendence before modestly digging in to a warm cut of meat. Soon after the last's--a herbivore no less--arrival, the one that called them here showed themselves. She was stunning. A tall woman painted in russet. Her tail followed out behind her, a cascade of multicolored feathers. Galadriel couldn't help but marvel at the sight. She would spin the tale of this land's creation. It came from the mind-speak of her companion. It was assumed, anyway, as the voice wasn't the same as the spoken word of Mythys.

Galadriel gently closed her eyes and listened. Pictures flowed in her mind like watercolor, the creation scene unfolding as it was told. A void, a vast emptyness, parted only by light... why, this sounded similar to the Ainar creation myth. But it was really the only parallel she could make. Besides, she wasn't here to scrutinize or philosophize. She was here to enjoy and learn.

Mother Earth was an entity of immense power and--assuming--intelligence. She was the creator, then? She 'crafted things of all sizes' and sprouted greenery across her 'skin'. Fascinating. Mother Earth crafted the 'Avatars' to spread word or her. Nine. Mythys, Talios--who spoke to them now, Syuna, Cyfton, Kulla, Litar, Defros, Marlon, and Maata. And they could bless mortals, and clearly talk to them.

They were clearly akin to gods, literally told as avatars to the very being they lived on, but Galadriel conjured her own understanding based on the mythos of her homeland. These 'avatars' must be Maiar. She was given a parting gift, which she ate graciously, knowing not the power it gave. She smiled at them, though they had disappeared from view. "Thank you for imparting your knowledge... and for the feast." She rose, looking to the rest expectantly. Were they to discuss what they just learned? If not, Galadriel would take her leave.

-exit-

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks. | Magic
stock by Sas R. & somadjinn

Sribna
Male
Aldrnari Resident
Coyote
© Avocado
3 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 14.9AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 60 lbs

Sribna Nich

Sribna did like adventuring outside the kingdom. Although lately it had been a bit easier. He woke up the other day being able to smell a whole lot better than normal. Unbeknownst to him it was Essence that had given him that ability. This time when he left the kingdom, he went westwards and then slightly north, to an area he had never been to before.

He let his nose and ears guide him around the area. The scents of the animals around the area let him know that at least someone in the area belonged to the kingdom. That was good, he could try and smell that scent home, to try and not get lost. Although, the individual scents of the creatures he did not recognize. He was curious though and followed the scents of the creatures into the temple where he easily was able to tell food was around. ”A feast?”

"Greetings, children of Mother Earth. I have called you here today to share with you the beginnings of time and how the world and the lands we call Yavania came to be."

”OOH!” The thought of learning excited him, he enjoyed learning about magic, so learning about the world and Yavania should be just as fun. Since Audition amplified his hearing, he did not need to be in the room to hear. But he did not apparently need that as a voice entered his head, teaching him about the world, and the avatars and the land of Yavania. It was honestly very informative. He continued to wait for a moment, and when he no longer heard Talios voice in his head he tilted it. ”Mythys and Talios must have left.” He nodded his head as a thank you for their teaching and then smiled, ”I wonder if Loki and Rai know about this information?” He then turned around and attempted to follow his scent back home if not stopped.

-exit-

"Speak."
Dan Hutcheson

oc. note. Sribna was just there for knowledge.

Nala
Female
Asylum Vagabond
Lion
© Makao
2.5 years
Height: 40 in
AP: 14AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180lb

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 09:55 PM by Nala. Edited 2 times in total.)

I remained still, keeping my mouth closed as i was ready to receive the lesson from whoever called here. My tail lashed behind me in excitement, I was excited about whatever they were going to learn about. Since I was a mere child, I had a certain interest in learning, learning everything was my goal. Asking about this and that still joins me when people won't, I thought that even if people may leave me, even if people may will just leave me behind, what I learned will remain. And for me , that mattered more than anyone.

After some time, my eyes bathed in pink spotted a figure walking from the shadows of that stunning building. It was a mane day wolf, of russet cloak and a peacock tail. And a tiny bird perched upon their crown. The need of asking them how that was possible came but soon it was drowned when a voice echoed through my thoughts narrating.

The voice narrated how this Mother Earth created what we knew, the mountains, the valleys and more of those wonders we now see. It mentioned how used to be before, how Mother Earth created these avatars. And as it mentioned each one , its tasks and elements I smiled as I remembered when Leonardo mentioned being about divine beings. But as it was too long ago I didn't remember part of that conversation. But soon my attention turned high as they mentioned Defros, one I felt extremely curious. I wanted to ask but as soon as it came, the voice faded and a silver ring appeared upon me. It shined and bowing my head I placed it in a finger of my right front paw. Little I knew it contained new magic.

Wasting no more time I stood up and after saying thank within my thoughts, I took my leave. A big smile adorned my lips knowing something valuable was being gifted. Not the ring, but the knowledge i was leaving with.

-Exit-

OC : She got a Silver Ring, which contains the necromancy element.

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks. | Power
Light: 0/2 Healing: 0/2 Necromancy: 0/2

Nala wears a silver chain around her neck. It was a gift from Leonard for her in
THIS thread.
| She also got a Silver Ring, which contains the necromancy element.