Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private {Frigga, Loki, Rai, Sribna} Meeting the in-laws

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
3.75 years
Height: 28 in
AP: 62AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110 lbs

{Frigga, Loki, Rai, Sribna} Meeting the in-laws

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2019, 08:38 PM by Xewk. Edited 1 time in total.)

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

It was sundown in the peninsula, the sunset was coloring the sky a deep orange and red. Xewk had spent the day walking around the border making sure the kingdom’s presence was well known. He was getting used to the kingly duties he had to do. Though, he was not used to being called a King. Frigga calling him King was… different. But others calling him King, it still felt weird. He much rather preferred the term leader, or protector, or something else. King reminding him too much of his adopted brother Katavri. He knew there were different types of Kings, but that bad taste in his mouth still lingered. Maybe… that wasn’t exactly a bad thing though, it helped him see just how bad a King could be, and what not to do. But enough of those thoughts for now.

Xewk had been following Frigga for awhile now. He wasn’t exactly sure where they were headed. Frigga had just told him to follow her, and… he didn’t really ask any questions. But the walk wasn’t far before they stopped in front of a house. Xewk gave a sniff and could smell many creatures of many ages. Xewk looked at Frigga and activated Link "So Alla… I am pretty sure this house belongs to someone related to you for I cannot think of anyone else we would visit like this. Who are we meeting tonight?”

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Oc. Permission to PP Frigga given by Ame! <3

Frigga
Female
Verja Queen
A. wild dog
© Amelia
3.25 (11.25) years
Height: 26 in
AP: 125AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 83 lbs

RE: {Frigga, Loki, Rai, Sribna} Meeting the in-laws

Frigga led them towards her parents' home, keeping Xewk in the dark about where they were going. Not to be cruel but to be playful. She knew (in her heart) that he wouldn't mind meeting her parents. Not if he truly cared for her -- and, thanks to link, she could feel that he did. Despite that knowledge, there was an uneasiness in her stomach. No, that wasn't quite right. It was...almost like nausea. Her stomach had been touchy the past day, so she hadn't eaten much. Perhaps that was the reason for it?

His comment as they arrived made her laugh. "You've caught me, Sváss. This is my móðir's and faðir's house -- my mother and father." Slowly, she would teach him Old Norse, bring him into the family piece by piece. "My father's name is Loki Fritjov, and my mother is Rai Dame. To be short, he's a politician, and she's a warrior; they have both led for many years. Everything I know about leading I learned from them." By watching and by direct lessons, but she didn't elaborate on that. "I would like you to meet them, so I arranged for a family dinner. Now, come. It wouldn't do for the King to be late." That thought amused her because she knew her father would be judging him as a King and as his daughter's lover.

Frigga walked inside and found the table she'd made for her parents (via her plant magic) was filled with food from the kitchen. "Faðir? Móðir?" she called out, ignoring the nausea that the scent of food invoked.

Her father appeared from the other room within moments. "Dóttir."

Standing tall and poised, Frigga gestured to the cougar with her. "Faðir, might I introduce you to King Xewk. King Xewk, this is my father -- Founder and Duke of Aldrnari." It might seem strange to use formal titles with family, but Loki had raised her to always provide titles with introductions.

Loki's gaze turned to Xewk, surveying silently behind a flawlessly friendly smile. "King Xewk. A pleasure. Welcome to our home. My wife and our consort will be joining us shortly." He did not explain why they were delayed or who his consort was. Instead, he said, "Make yourselves at home." In time, he would see if Xewk was here as King or as Frigga's lover -- and determine if he was worthy of being either. He would resist asking them questions until Rai arrived. She would want to know this man better too.

Frigga & Loki are in this post. <3

Frigga is unknowingly 8 IC days pregnant, According to the Pregnancy Guide, "At this point of the pregnancy, your character will act normal and there will be no physical changes that can be observed. However, at day 5 - 6 OC (10 - 12 IC) of pregnancy, their nipples will grow larger and darker. From day 6 OC (12 IC) and onward, they may experience a temporary loss of appetite, lethargy and/or vomiting. Characters familiar with pregnancy will be able to detect that your character is pregnant by day 6 OC (12 IC)."

Wears a white gold ring with three diamonds (one larger than the rest). Has metal flower earrings; the petals are painted green and blue, with a white pearl in the center. Wears an emerald jewel wrapped in silver on a delicate silver chain. Wears a silver bracelet decorated with three gems, one emerald and two sapphire. She has a gold ring on her right paw, decorated with a blue gem.

Rai
Female
Aldrnari Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
11 (13.25) years
Height: 40
AP: 70AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 170

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2019, 11:52 AM by Rai. Edited 1 time in total.)
After she had made sure that most of the food was ready, she had headed toward the bedroom. A nap was in order as she entered the bedroom. What she saw was Sribna already there and she didn't bother to sneak over. She didn't hide her presence as she came forward, climbing into bed with him to nap. Her eyes closed as she pressed against him, their bodies touching as much as she could.

She didn't know how long it had been since she had closed her eyes and when she had started to hear the voices. Her ears flicked as she opened her eyes, lifting her head as she allowed Loki to greet the guests first. Coming to her feet, she lowered her head to nudge against Sribna to rouse him from sleep. "Come," she told him, "there is someone that we would like for you to meet." With that, she would start to head toward the entrance. She appeared casually, hopefully with Sribna in tow, her eyes locked upon her daughter and the one that she had decided to take as her own. Unlike that of her mate, she was less likely to judge, though she was damn sure going to make certain that he would be able to take care of her baby girl. It mattered little that Frigga was almost into her eleventh year. Rai would always be there for her babies, no matter how much they aged. She didn't stop until she was standing at Loki's side, her eyes landing on Xewk.

There was no judgement in her gaze, but it was also clear that she was sizing him up. She stayed silent - allowing the show to be run by Loki. It wasn't that she couldn't do it herself. Rai had as much experience as Loki did in the field of swimming around politics. However, she had more amusement when she allowed Loki to work his magic. And she wanted to know if he was here as a King or if he was here as her daughter's lover. She was sure that Loki was attempting to make the same assessment. "Dóttir," she greeted with a warm smile.

OC Note: Permission to PP Sribna by Avo!

"Speech."

Sribna
Male
Aldrnari Resident
Coyote
© Avocado
3.25 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 14.9AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 60 lbs

Sribna Nich

Sribna was napping in the makeshift bed that he, Loki and Rai all shared together. Due to both Essence and Audition he tended to get headaches frequently and would nap to try and help his head. He felt the bed move and awoke slightly to feel Rai curl her body around his as much as she could. He loved it when Rai and Loki snuggled with him. He pressed his body back against her and fell back asleep.

He was not aware of the time, or how long they napped together, but Rai’s nudge woke him up again.

"Come, there is someone that we would like for you to meet."

Sribna stretched out on the bed before he smiled and replied to Rai, ”Yes, moia kokhana. Oh.. sorry, that means my love or my beloved in Ukrainian.” He yawned as he apologized for instinctively using a language Rai did not know. He got up and would walk alongside her to where ever she lead him.

Sribna used his enhanced scenses to realize that Rai stood next to Loki. Since he was smaller than the both of them he could have just inserted himself between them. But that would be rude in front of guests. He heard Rai speak and Rosetta Stone activated letting Sribna know she said “Daughter”. Though Sribna did not know she said that in Old Norse. Sribna decided to stand next to Loki so that Loki was in the middle between him and Rai. He got the sense that he should probably let Loki be in charge tonight as Rai had not said anything else. He was beginning to get the hang of how they worked as a team.

Sribna smelled the air, Essence let him know that there was a female AWD in front of him that was pregnant, although the smell of pregnancy was not very strong, so maybe she was in early pregnancy. It also let him know that there was a male cougar in front of them. Both of them seemed to be in their third year and… oh my. Sribna’s eyes widened slightly. He smelled that they had been intimate with each other recently. He suddenly felt like a very big pervert for being able to tell that via smell. ”I guess… there is a really big downside to having super smell.” That downside was that he could now tell whenever someone had slept with someone else. He did not need to be knowing that personal information.

He attempted to push the side of his body gently against Loki. Sribna knew Loki spoke German from a previous meeting they had, so he decided to ask him what was going on. ”Das ist also deine Tochter? Treffen wir uns, um ihre Schwangerschaft zu feiern?” For Sribna he knew via their scents that they were intimate, and he knew that Frigga was pregnant. Hence why he said ‘their’ and not ‘her’ pregnancy. He was stating to Loki that they were together.

Sribna did not think he stated anything odd. Although, he did feel bad that Rai could not understand German. He wished they had a language that was familiar with all of them. Although he believed that Loki would tell Rai what he said via their link. He chose to believe that they tended to always share information. That is what he would do at least.

"Speak."
Dan Hutcheson

Oc. note:

Translation: So this is your daughter? Are we gathering to celebrate their pregnancy?

Note: Due to essence Sribna is able to tell scents up to two oc weeks. He can tell that they had slept together within that time period and due to super smell is able to detect Frigga’s pregnancy a bit earlier than everyone else.

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
3.75 years
Height: 28 in
AP: 62AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110 lbs

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

It wasn’t long before his question was greeted with Frigga’s laugh and an explanation.

"You've caught me, Sváss. This is my móðir's and faðir's house -- my mother and father." Xewk knew Old Norse, it was a gifted language given to him by the Savant spell Tongues. But he enjoyed that Frigga seemed to want to actively teach him. Plus, there was no harm in it. Though he would not lie if she asked, but he was positive that he spoke Old Norse in front of her before. Her voice pulled him from his thoughts.

"My father's name is Loki Fritjov, and my mother is Rai Dame. To be short, he's a politician, and she's a warrior; they have both led for many years. Everything I know about leading I learned from them.I would like you to meet them, so I arranged for a family dinner. Now, come. It wouldn't do for the King to be late."

Xewk smiled at that comment and activated Link figuring he should not be saying this out loud in front of her family home. He attempted to speak to Frigga, "The names sound familiar. I believe that Helu stepped aside for your mother rise to Queen. Not that they were actually going after such a position in the first place. Something I learned from Papa Ghasel, Helu’s father. Was that the Queen is NEVER late, and as an extension, the King is never late when accompanying his Queen. But… that aside, while I am happy to meet your parents, I haven’t exactly done this before. Kind of worried on what they will think.” Though he figured as long as he continued to love Frigga and do what he was doing things would be just fine. Still the thought of her parents disliking him was… there. His only ‘strong’ father figure was the one season he spent with Helu’s family, and for a mother figure, he had his adopted mother, who passed, and Helu’s mother, who also passed. Not exactly the strongest of roots. And that was only the start of his… less than perfect childhood.

His eyes trailed as Frigga walked in and he took a deep breath, straightened his posture and walked in behind her, and stopped next to her. He heard Frigga call out for her parents. He instinctively put internal walls up and wrangled in his emotions, he needed control over them for the evening and absolutely needed to not make jokes. A older male wolf entered the room, one he assumed to be Loki, Frigga’s father; and Loki’s greeting solidified that assumption. Xewk had a pleasant smile on his face, and even though he kept a tight grip on his emotions and his walls, his posture seemed natural, albeit a bit more proper than his usual relaxed posture around Frigga when they were alone.

Frigga introduced him as ‘King Xewk’ and introduced her father as founder and Duke of the Aldrnari. He nodded his head in reply to Loki’s response. "Duke Loki Fritjov it is a pleasure to meet you as well.” Only a moment or so after Loki spoke, a large female wolf, Xewk guessed was Rai, followed by… the blind man he saw a while ago with Rai on the tepui. Was this Sribna the other Duke? Xewk nodded his head down in respect for Rai, "Greetings Queen Rai Dame, it is wonderful to meet you.” He watched as the blind man leaned against Loki and spoke a foreign language. Xewk activated Link in attempts to speak to Frigga, "I have no clue what he just said. But I am willing to bet you ten kisses that his name is Sribna and he is a Duke. Although I am not completely confident in my bet… so I wont say that out loud, in case I make an ass out of myself.” Xewk maintained his pleasant smile as he waited to the unknown male’s introduction.

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Loki
Male
Aldrnari Duke
Wolf
© Amelia
11 (13.25) years
Height: 40 in
AP: 16AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 125 lbs

The new King returned his greeting, perfectly formal, just before Rai and Sribna. Before he could properly introduce Sribna, the coyote spoke. "So this is your daughter? Are we gathering to celebrate their pregnancy?" Rosetta-stone translated his words in tandem with Frigga. He could see in the slight widening of her eyes (before she got her reaction under control) that this was news to her. Smiling, as if nothing was wrong, he glanced to Sribna and attempted to say via telepathy, I'm not so sure they knew about that. Until now. Turning back to Frigga and Xewk, he said, "Congratulations are in order, dóttir," he said. Then, glancing to Xewk, he commented wryly, "I see you've taken you duties as King seriously." Creating heirs was certainly an important part of ruling, was it not? Except, Loki was not commending him on his good work; he was quite displeased. Oh, more grandchildren to love was a happy occasion, but he was not pleased that he hardly knew the man who had impregnated his daughter. Protective father thy name is Loki.

A mesh of anxiety of surprise swept through her at the coyote's comment. Pregnancy? How could the blind coyote tell that about her? And yet, it made sense. She didn't believe for a moment he was wrong. Oh, my. She turned to Xewk, smiling even as nervousness and excitement bled through their link. Sváss, I think you may get the children we wanted sooner than anticipated. Their consort seems to think I may be carrying. Hoping she hadn't shocked him too much, she turned her attention to her father as he spoke.

"This is our consort, Sribna. Sribna, this is our daughter, Queen Frigga, and King Xewk. Both of the Verja."

"A pleasure to meet you, Sribna. Thank you for the news." Though he apparently couldn't see her smile, she hoped he could hear the warmth in her voice.

Frigga & Loki are in this post. <3

Frigga is 8 IC days pregnant, According to the Pregnancy Guide, "At this point of the pregnancy, your character will act normal and there will be no physical changes that can be observed. However, at day 5 - 6 OC (10 - 12 IC) of pregnancy, their nipples will grow larger and darker. From day 6 OC (12 IC) and onward, they may experience a temporary loss of appetite, lethargy and/or vomiting. Characters familiar with pregnancy will be able to detect that your character is pregnant by day 6 OC (12 IC)."

Rai
Female
Aldrnari Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
11 (13.25) years
Height: 40
AP: 70AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 170

She, unlike Loki, didn't have the use of magic to translate any sort of foreign language. It meant that the German went straight over her, though she was confident that Loki would provide her with the information, should it be important. So, when Loki claimed that congratulations were in order, Rai kept her features smooth. While she was happy to have more grandchildren, she wasn't sure how she was supposed to react. To her, the man before her was a mere stranger. She would have no problem throwing her weight around should the man end up hurting her daughter.

Rai dipped her head, smiling softly as she turned her gaze to look upon her daughter. She made sure that she was still close to Sribna, letting him know that she was still there. "Come," she urged to both of them. "We will hardly remain in the doorway the entire time." With that, she turned, confident that they would merely follow her more into the house. She'd lead them until they reached the area in which they were going to eat. The food was prepared already and Rai made the way to her location. She indicated for each of them to take a seat.

OC Note: Permission to PP Sribna by Avo!

"Speech."

Sribna
Male
Aldrnari Resident
Coyote
© Avocado
3.25 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 14.9AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 60 lbs

Sribna Nich

Sribna was smiling as he waited for Loki’s reply. But he wasn’t expecting what he got.

“I'm not so sure they knew about that. Until now.”

”oops…” He felt embarrassed. Since he could not see he missed out on social cues that others would see. He messed up. He heard Loki’s wry comment to Xewk and it caused his ears to droop down slightly. He felt bad for causing this tension. If he only had kept his mouth shut. If he could only see, perhaps he would have seen something he obviously missed. Loki then introduced him as their consort and then introduced Queen Frigga and King Xewk. He gave a warm smile as Frigga spoke thanking him for the news. He lowered his head in respect.

”Hello Queen Frigga and King Xewk. It is a pleasure to meet you both. I apologize that the news was, um… well unexpected. I have a sensitive nose.” He felt bad that he caused tension on what he assumed to be their first meeting with each other. He heard Rai urge everyone inside and to the table. Sribna would attempt to walk close to Rai’s side as well as attempting to activate Telepathy on her. ”I feel terrible that I missed out on that social cue. I am sorry. I caused tension between everyone. Loki seems upset with it. Plus… I dislike this new nose power. I can smell everything… Like… everything in the house and even a bit outside. Even as much as when they… well… you know… when Frigga and Xewk slept together. I am now going to be the kingdom’s biggest pervert if I can smell when people consummated. Just kill me now please.” He would finish his complaining as they got to the table and he would take his seat next to Rai. He wasn’t sure if Loki was to sit on the opposite side of Rai or next to him. But it didn’t bother him whatever Loki’s choice may be.

"Speak."
Dan Hutcheson