Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 10
Sept. 2nd - Oct. 15th



Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: FALL Y9
Character
Bellamy
Member
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!


All Welcome Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]









The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Height: -
Posts: 680
AP: 316AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: -

Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]



His feet ached, and his chest heaved with effort. He'd run as fast as he could for as long as he could. He was exhausted but duty called, and he took his duty seriously. Even when he could run no more, he trotted on...until his eyes fell upon a landscape that seemed familiar. Well, not familiar because he'd never been here. This place had been described to him, but he didn't see the fabled trees he sought. By the Norns, what if he'd come all this way and the trees did not, in fact, grow here?

The locals... The locals would know. He'd been authorized by his King to ask for help if he could find anyone to ask, and he even had treasure to offer them in return. Would that be enough? He prayed it would because the Princess' life depended on it. Pushing away the rising panic by steeling himself, he lifted his maw and howled for help.

Who, if anyone, would come?

SUMMARY
This is an official QUEST and is a little different than traditional roleplaying, as it is run by the Game Master (more will be explained next post; see the previous Quest for an example, and see here for information). You may only send ONE character per roleplayer. Moderate and severe wounds may be sustained during this thread. Show up now, because once the quest starts, you cannot join unless special permission is granted. Happy questing! The quest will begin in a few days OR once 10 characters post.







Reply










Mononoke
Female
Rogue
Other canine
© Spirited_Away
4.5 years
Height: 12.9 in
Posts: 82
AP: 42AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 22

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

Mononoke had been doing what she was normally doing, laying in Silence (with the actual power active) and Chameleon was active before she moved. That was when she heard someone howling for help. Curiosity snagged her attention and she trotted towards where it had came from. Who and what needed help? There was the possibility of a dangerous situation but if they needed medical assistance she wanted to be there. Upon coming to o the scene, she saw a wolf and that was all she saw. Coming forward carefully and cautiously, she spoke. ”Greetings, are you the one who called for help?” While she spoke, she examined the wolf. Was he injured? Is there anyone around in need of healing? She didn’t see anything. Mononoke was merely curious at this point.

She Walks. | "She Talks." | Magic
Healing 0/6 | Necromancy 0/2 | Chameleon 1/1 | Camoflauge 0/1 | Premoniton 0/1 | Classify 0/1 | Silence 1/1







Reply










Galadriel
Female
Aldrnari Resident
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
5 (5.5) years
Height: 35 in
Posts: 45
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

The Feast had been wonderful. It left Galadriel with a renewed promise of continuing learning. And, if possible, teaching. She need only find those willing to learn as much as she. With a sigh, she walked contently towards the Temple. The Ainar knew not what she may find there, but curiousity was not a stranger to her.

However, her intent changed at a mournful howl.

Galadriel's brow furrowed. Was there danger or fear in it? Perhaps both. She hesitated. To gather her thoughts and morals, she conjured a small pool of water from Condense, and calmly bent down to drink. Yes, she wasn't one to leave someone in need of help. But the tendrils of fear were ever-nagging, seeds placed from her past ordeals. But she was better than them. The white wolf made haste to the Courtyard, where she saw two beings not too unlike herself. "Hail, strangers." Galadriel called, slowing to a halt, "What aid may I bring?"

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks. | Magic
stock by Sas R. & somadjinn







Reply










Gunnr
Female
Aldrnari Resident
Other bird
© Amelia
2 years
Height: 47in
Posts: 34
AP: 41.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 11 lbs

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

Flight enabled her to go where others her age couldn't easily reach. Not because they physically couldn't but because they had a much harder time escaping their adult watchers. As she flew, exploring to the south -- further than she'd ever before gone -- a call reached her ears. A call for help. She wasn't naive...but she had a good heart. If someone might need help, she would at least hear them out.

She wasn't sure if she'd chosen the right spot, but there were three gathered. A wolf had called for help, and if Gunnr hadn't heard the the white she-wolf's question, she wouldn't have known who'd asked for help. She didn't have anything to add, but she felt it was important to speak. "Lemme know what I can do," she said.

Though Gunnr stood tall amongst those gathered, she was still much younger than them. She didn't let that deter her. She was her mother's daughter and her grandmother's granddaughter. She came from a strong line of capable women, and she could handle this -- whatever this was.



OC: Gunnr is actually 1.5 years old; I haven't aged her yet. <3

"Speech."
tomosuke214







Reply










Siekta
Male
Algiz Resident
Other feline
© Avocado
2.25 years
Height: 14 in
Posts: 31
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 40 lbs

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]


Siekta Kuruna


Siekta had gotten bored, very… very… very… bored. He had practiced his levitating magic, and his healing magic, and his telepathic magic whenever he could. He had wandered about the the kingdom lands and explored it all. Now he wanted to go on an adventure of his own. He was a teenager, no longer a child, surely… even though he was breaking the rules it would be okay to venture out.

Maybe he took his adventuring a bit too far, he ended up in some weird place full of flowers, and fruit trees and… marble walkways? ”Strange.” He heard the call of a male asking for help. He cautiously made his way over towards the sound. He spotted three canines and a bird… of some sort? He wasn’t quite sure what the small canine was actually, nor the large beaked bird, but he wasn’t one to judge someone solely on looks. He heard the female canines speak, and then the teenage bird. His nose told him that one of the female canines was from the kingdom, as well as the bird that seemed to be around his age. He walked up to the group and nodded his head, quietly offering his help. If that wasn’t enough he gestured his head to the teenage bird and mouthed, ”What she said.” He wasn’t sure exactly the man’s issue, so he was not sure how he could help, but he could try.



"His telepathy." “He thinks.” “He does.” “His magic.” “He writes” "He mouths.
OnceAndFutureLaura





Siekta is mute and has a brand of ♅ on his right hind leg.


Reply










Pascal
Male
Kamar-Taj Resident
Other feline
© Marissa
2 years
Height: 24
Posts: 30
AP: 44AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 88

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

Pascal

Small minds are concerned with the extraordinary,
great minds with the ordinary.

His ears flicked as he walked. Goodberry sustained him for the day as he moved around. As he traveled, he didn't really have an idea where he was going.

Even though time had passed, he still missed his other siblings.

They were far away and he wondered if they even recalled himself and Ranae. What did it matter? They were separated and that was all there was to it. As he traveled, his steps careful, Pascal found that he had arrived farther to the west of his home. As he walked, he stumbled across a silver ring that was hidden in the flowers that he had trampled through. He jumped, blinking as he tilted his head downwards to peer at it. It was innocently glaring up at him. Was it someone's? Pascal would lift his head, looking around, to find that there was no other around.

He supposed that it wouldn't hurt if he took it, right? So he pushed his right forepaw, the toe slipping into the ring as he traveled more. He finally came across a gathering. Pascal stared before his eyes landed upon someone that he hadn't seen in a long time. Gunnr?

Elation filled his entire body as he raced toward her. Gunnr was the only shoebill that he had come across. It had to be her. "Gunnr?" He asked as he would slide to a stop near her. "Is that you?"

"Speak."
tomosuke214







Reply










Staff
Other
Administrator
OC Account
© Staff
-- years
Height: --
Posts: 1,938
AP: 676AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: --

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

Greetings Adventurers!

His call -- his prayers -- were answered. Not by one but by five creatures! The male lowered his head into a shallow bow, giving no indication he was displeased by anyone that showed. If anything, he seemed honored by the response.

"Thank you for answering my call. My name is Rayson Alachid of the Kingdom of Lyes. I need your help. Our Princess has fallen terribly ill. There is no cure...but our mage suggested a mythical fruit that might be able to help -- that might grant her immortality before the illness can take her life." It was clear the male was terribly upset by the news he'd shared, but his determination was just as obvious. His dedication to his Kingdom was no secret. "It is said this magical fruit -- a golden apple -- can be found in the land called Yavania. In the Courtyard of Syuna. Please, tell me, is this Yavania? Is this that Courtyard? If so, can you help me? Time is of the essence."



How do you proceed?


-The Game Master








Reply










Staff
Other
Administrator
OC Account
© Staff
-- years
Height: --
Posts: 1,938
AP: 676AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: --

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

New characters have until the 14th of May to join.

QUEST DOs & DON'Ts


Do
  • Post as you need! There is NO posting order in this thread. Post when you need to in order to advance the quest.
  • Post as MUCH as you need. For the quest, the posting min is 7 sentences INCLUDING dialogue.
  • Underline important parts of your posts, such as interactions with your environment. Example: looking for something.
  • Have fun!

Do NOT
  • Assume anything about your surroundings. If you want to know what you see/hear/smell, post your character investigating as necessary. The Game Master (GM) will respond as needed to tell you what, if anything, you've found.
  • Post more again you post trying to investigate your surroundings. WAIT for the GM to post and reply!







Reply










Mononoke
Female
Rogue
Other canine
© Spirited_Away
4.5 years
Height: 12.9 in
Posts: 82
AP: 42AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 22

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

She watched as others arrived to the scene. Two children arrived as well, she raised her eyebrows at this. It was dangerous for children to be out without adults. Mononoke looked back to the man before them, she would make sure they would be okay though. The man gave them a shallow bow. As he spoke, he introduced himself and told them why he needed help. His dedication to his kingdom was not hidden. He spoke on some more before she began speaking. ”It seems you have come to the right place. This is Yavania but I do not know enough to know this to be the courtyard, but it looks as if it is so. My name is Mononoke and I will be honoured to help you.” She glanced around. How hard could it be to find a golden apple? If it was even real.

She Walks. | "She Talks." | Magic
Healing 0/6 | Necromancy 0/2 | Chameleon 1/1 | Camoflauge 0/1 | Premoniton 0/1 | Classify 0/1 | Silence 1/1







Reply










Galadriel
Female
Aldrnari Resident
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
5 (5.5) years
Height: 35 in
Posts: 45
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

RE: Idunn's Orchard [Quest 11]

At first, the (former) Lady of Light was weary. 'Kingdom of... Lies?' It sounded strange. Possibly suspicious. But they needed help and seemed genuine enough.

Then, her azure eyes brightened. Her ears perked. There was something all too familiar about the stranger's inquiry. "I know the fruit you seek!" Exclaimed Galadriel, "I believe I partook it within this land just a few seasons past. Though I know not its name, nor how it found my possession..." Perhaps it wasn't helpful at all, then, that she found it previously. She'd recognize it perhaps by sight but could offer no exclamation on how she found it. The weight of the other wolf's words were beginning to dawn on her. 'Immortality...?'

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks. | Magic
stock by Sas R. & somadjinn







Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)