Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private a whisper of steam
Horizon

Bacchus
Female
Rogue
Other bear
© Uri
3.25 years
Height: 56 in
AP: 4AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 300 lbs

a whisper of steam

Bacchus
a perfect circle

◈ ◈ ◈
Dialogue | Thoughts
Powers Used: NoneOOCSo far in her time in Yavania, she had met a few strangers, but still she felt alone. Bacchus was almost always with her sister, but when Crocuta didn't want to wander with her or investigate their new surroundings, the monochromatic bear couldn't help but feel neglected.

After all, the two sisters had been all each other had over the past three years. Ever since their mother... Ever since they set out alone, they were together. Even as cubs, they'd been inseparable, as often polar bear cubs were.

The bear sighed gently, inhaling a full breath of crisp winter air. The tundra was the closest to home, so she felt comfortable here. Still, the winds of change were about. This land they'd come to was nothing like anything they'd encountered before. Here, Bacchus would make her separation from her sister, if only in spirit. She would grow out of this dependency, this childlike attachment. She turned from their little camp, as rudimentary as it was, and lumbered out into the wilds.

After some time, she came across a narrow creek, its chilled waters rushing over stones smoothed from years of aquatic pressure. The bear approached the shore, looking down into the shallow water and pondering if there were any fish big enough to eat within the soft currents.

Horizon
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Dikui
1.75 years
Height: 34 in
AP: 124AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 102 lbs

RE: a whisper of steam

Horizon La'plura
I'm The Fairytale Prince You Dream About

Horizon jumped into the snow, long legs propelling him upward. It was cold in a nice way. He rolled around in the flattened snow, nipping at it occasionally. He chewed on a bit of it and it turned to cold water in his mouth. He tilted his head back and drank. At times like these he let his inner child out. He didn't mind snow like some did. It was soft and you could roll around in it. The La'plura suddenly saw a bear. He rolled to his paws and shook out his fur. She had fluffy monochromatic fur. "Hello, nyota nzuri. And what is your name?" He winked, and attempted to touch his nose to hers.

Translate: nyota nzuri = beautiful star

He Walks. "He Talks."

Bacchus
Female
Rogue
Other bear
© Uri
3.25 years
Linked Accounts

Bacchus
a perfect circle

◈ ◈ ◈
Dialogue | Thoughts
Powers Used: NoneOOCMovement in the distance caught her attention. Bacchus observed the wolf rolling about like a cub. She laughed softly to herself, though quieted when the wolf caught eye of her and started to head over.

She tilted her head curiously as the canine came right up to her. Bold one, you are, aren't ya? She thought, but held her tongue as to not offend him and start a fight. While she could certainly hold her own against him in a magicless environment, she wasn't sure what the wolf had in his proverbial sleeve.

Uh, hi, she muttered, jolting her head back in surprise as his cold nose hit her own. Her tusks barely missed scraping his face as she backed up a couple of steps, blinking in confusion. Wolves were a far more sociable species than polar bears and although she wished to meet more individuals, he was coming on much stronger than she expected. ... Uh, I'm Bacchus. Are you from around here?

Slowly, she relaxed, offering a smile as the shock of sudden interaction faded. 'Nyota nzuri,' what does that mean? she tilted her head, What language is it? I've never heard it before. Though that wasn't a surprise - she'd met very few beasts besides her sister. Another bear, a cub who seemed interested in following them, and a tigress. Since entering this land, she'd found it much more friendly than the far north, though she was careful to not press her boundaries. After all, this land was absolutely flush with magic and she had only just begun to discover the magic that was beginning to flow through her.

When she thought about it, she knew she'd felt something different about her from the start. Perhaps some ancestor had ties to this land and she had inherited magic. For although she had never been here before, she had always perfectly been able to sense true North. Do you have magic by chance? she asked hesitantly, I'm new here. There wasn't nearly as much where I'm from.

Horizon
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Dikui
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2019, 06:49 AM by Horizon. Edited 1 time in total.)
Horizon La'plura

The bear seemed a bit unnerved by Horizon's directness. He could understand. They had just met after all. Just because this was his way of greeting those who caught his eye, didn't mean she felt the same way. It was fine. He would win her over sometime. There was nothing he liked better than a pretty lady playing hard to get. She introduced herself as Bacchus. A good, strong name, he thought. For a good, strong bear. ""I'm Horizon. You can call me Hor, if you'd like." He hoped the joke didn't go right over her head. Quite a few had pointed it out, usually followed by raucous laughter from their friends. Good for them. The golden wolf didn't have any friends. Everyone was either an ex-lover or hated him and avoided him at all costs. There was no friendship in his life. "No, I'm from a bit west of here."

He smiled back at her. "Beautiful star," he replied. He wasn't embarrassed. She was beautiful. He was sure she knew it. He knew that he was handsome. "Swahili. I learned it from a boy down south." His ears warmed at the thought of the boy. He was a big black hyena-wolf hybrid. And great at snuggling. They'd spent a few nights together, in a way that he would blush at the telling. Ah, memories. He turned his eyes back to the babe as she asked her next question. "Magic? No, nothing. Do you?" He tilted his head in confusion. Magic? Did people have magic where the bear was from? He didn't know anyone who had magic. But she said they didn't have much where she was from. So in this place, some people had magic. Interesting.

He Walks. "He Talks."

Bacchus
Female
Rogue
Other bear
© Uri
3.25 years
Linked Accounts

Bacchus
a perfect circle

◈ ◈ ◈
Dialogue | Thoughts | Power Powers Used: Tremorsense (2/3)OOCThe joke didn't go over her head. Bacchus chuckled, then spoke, It's nice to meet you, Hor-izon.

Ah, disappointing that he wasn't aware of the area. She nodded softly in response, I'm from far north of here. Just entered the tundra a few days ago with my sister. But alas, she hadn't seen her sister since that very day. When she'd wandered onto the tundra with Crocuta, she'd hoped they'd start a new life here. Instead, her sister had wandered off, leaving Bacchus all alone.

Or perhaps it had been Bacchus who had wandered off.

Beautiful star? The fur on her face felt hot and an embarrassed smile flitted onto her lips, eyelids fluttering. Are you fluent in it? She was genuinely curious. She had several languages under her skin but somehow she doubted anyone here would know the languages of the north.

On the topic of magic, the bear took pause. Should she tell him how little she knew about it? Well, he claimed to know nothing of it, so what was the harm? I... can sometimes feel vibrations in the ground? If I stomp my foot, I can tell if someone is nearby or under the snow or dirt nearby. she lifted a paw and slapped it flat on the ground to demonstrate her tremorsense. Vibrations rippled out from where her paw hit, dancing off invisibly into the surroundings. There was a creature, perhaps a mouse or a mole, hidden under the snow nearby. She wasn't hungry, so she didn't pursue it. But the animals here? When I first came here, I saw a white tiger who seemed to control ice, or maybe water. She remembered Narcissa, how proud and regal the feline appeared.

How powerful.

Where are you heading? I assume you have no pack since you're new too? she tilted her head, unaware of the term 'realm' that was the key word here.

Horizon
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Dikui
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

(07-10-2019, 06:48 AM)Horizon Wrote:
Horizon La'plura

Horizon smiled warmly at her flustered face. This was getting to be fun. Beautiful, beautiful bear who didn't know it. Cuter than a den of puppies. "Well enough." he replied. The hyena-wolf taught him well. A nuzzle, a smile when he learned a new word. His voice, beautifully articulate and rumbling deep, congratulating him. It had been all the encouragement he needed to become fluent. "Are you fluent in anything?" he asked. It would be good for them to know more about each other.

The bear spoke of her powers, and demonstrated them. Horizon's brow narrowed in confusion. He didn't think she was lying but this was impossible, right? No way this could be real. He decided begrudgingly to trust her. "What can you sense here?" He was curious. Not ever seeing this before, it was only natural for him to have questions. Then she spoke of a tiger who could control water and ice. What could someone do with that kind of power? He felt a chill down his spine, and it was all he could do to keep his voice even as he asked, "What did she do?"

One more question came from the bear's maw. "No place really. I'm just wandering the land enjoying the best creatures this place has to offer." He winked. The creature he was speaking to might just be one of those, or at least, his flirtatious look implied it.

He Walks. "He Talks."