Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 10
July 17th - Sept. 1st

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Summer Y8
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Height: 40 in
AP: 121.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180 lbs

I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me

The moment you arrived they built you up
The sun was in your eyes
You couldn't believe it
Riches all around, you're walking
Stars are on the ground
You start to believe it
Every face along the boulevard is a dreamer just like you
You looked at death in a tarot card and you saw what you had to do

The radiant face of the sun was suspended high in the sky, its rays beaming down on the winter forest below.

A red-eyed beast padded through the forest, his pelt suitably colored for the dark and snow backdrop. His dark brown canvas was painted bone-colored with a ring around his thickly-furred neck. His eyes and the area below and some of the fur above were also bleached in white. His legs, save for his paws and upper forelimbs were also whitened along with his underbelly, a stripe of charcoal creating a spot on his chest. Two strips of brown cut the white line from his neck to his tail into sections.

Perses didn't feel comfortable and could feel like something was wrong. Something was wrong with him. At times he could feel vibrations from the ground but those feelings came and left. He had never been able to do that before he entered these strange lands. He was scared, worried about what that meant and what made him feel it.

The giant moved through the forest, his mind elsewhere in fear and panic. He barely noticed the smaller trees and other plant life in his way and only narrowly avoided the tree trunks. He was in his own maelstrom of emotions that clouded his mind. He could feel energy inside of him. Something that was begging to be let out.

What was happening to him?

OOC:
Perses is going to discover he has powers so anyone want to be the one to set it off? (it's probably going to be just Telepathy and then camouflage.)

Perses wears a necklace around his neck.

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Height: 35 in
AP: 168AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 131 lbs

RE: I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me

Regalia Dame

I dream of our story, of our fairy-tale
Family dinners and family trees
Teachin' the kids to say, "Thank you," and, "Please,"
Knowin' if we stay together that things will be right

A quick hunting trip out of the Kingdom.

She knew her lover would be able to see to the kids. Not that they needed a hover parent at their current age, but that wasn't a problem for Vitani. Between them, Regalia was probably the over-protective one (though she had nothin') on her brother, Stark).

After patrolling the borders of the Grove, she headed north, into the wooded areas to look for prey. It wasn't her job to hunt, but she had the time. She and her kids ate plenty, so replenishing the kitchens every now and again was the least she could do. As she entered the woodlands, she got to work, scenting the ground in search of prey trails -- new and old.

When she caught the scent of a teenage wolf, she paused. He didn't...smell of any realm she knew, but that didn't mean anything. Right? Maybe he was out here with his parents? Regalia followed the scent, and when he came into view, she slowed down to a walk and approached him leisurely. He was, what, the same age as her youngest kids were now? Why's he out here by himself?

"S'up?" she asked him, concealing her curiosity. "Name's Regalia. You, uh, alone?"

"Speak."
ShadeyBabey & Kati H.

Wears a silver ring with blue topaz gems and a bracelet made of tiger eye gemstones with a golden lion head.

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 12:41 AM by Perses. Edited 1 time in total.)
The sun was in your eyes
You couldn't believe it
Stars are on the ground
You start to believe it

The feeling inside of him was unfamiliar and something that felt foreign. It didn't feel right and he could feel something inside him wanting to be let out. He could feel a storm welling inside of him and begging to be let out. His ears flattened against his skull as his eyes closed, he fought against the urge. He shook his head back and forth as his teeth clenched.

The voice startled him out of his wrestling match with himself and he couldn't get his mouth to work. His eyes darted to the dark-colored shape - a female - and was afraid. He thought sharply, Telepathy activating, 'Stay away!'. And then he shut his eyes, wanting to disappear. His body responded to his request, Camouflage also activating and his fur changed to fit with the snowy backdrop.

The feeling inside the red-eyed wolf, the energy wanting to be let free was almost gone. But he was afraid and didn't know if he should run. He was still in shock and fear, trying to sort out what ever was happening to him. He didn't know what had happened but he was afraid as to what was coming. But against all of his better instincts, he froze.

OOC:
:)
Earth: 0/2 | Psychic: 1/2 | Camouflage: 1/1

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

Regalia Dame

The boy's reaction had her blinking in confusion for a moment. His voice entered her mind, telling her to stay away, and his fur changed to monochromatic white. After the mild shock wore off, she huffed out a breath of amusement. "You got psychic magic, huh, kiddo? Nice. That's not my cup of tea, but power to yah." Regalia also didn't really like tea, but the phrase fit. "You're like an arctic chameleon by the way. You mean to do that?"

How fuckin' cute. Damn. Why did she always stumble across the cutest lost kids?

Since the kid was scared, she took a seat to show she had no intentions of attacking. As if she'd hurt a kid! "Anyway, I can't leave yah alone if you're out here by yourself. It isn't safe. Name's Regalia."

"Speak."
ShadeyBabey & Kati H.

Wears a silver ring with blue topaz gems and a bracelet made of tiger eye gemstones with a golden lion head.

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

The sun was in your eyes
You couldn't believe it
Stars are on the ground
You start to believe it

Perses was confused by the female's words. The words "psychic", "magic", "arctic", "chameleon", and basically every other word in those sentences were not in his lexicon. His head tilted and he looked up at her, eyes still fearful and his eyes held the look of utmost confusion. He had no idea what to say or what to do. He was very confused, even more so than before. Was she speaking the same language as he?

Her name was "Regalia". It was a very pretty name. And she looked very pretty.

When the beast was able to speak again, he rained questions upon the female.

"Wh-What do you mean? Wh-What's 'psychic magic'? Wh-What's a 'chameleon'? How do you know this stuff?" The giant didn't know what else to say. He couldn't understand what she meant by those words. He was still scared but curiosity won out against fear.

The massive wolf padded closer by a few steps, his hackles still raised and tail tucked in fear, but eyes filled with curiosity.

OOC:
Earth: 0/2 | Psychic: 1/2 | Camouflage: 1/1

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

Regalia Dame

Before she knew it, she was being hounded with questions. Far from angry, Regalia was relieved. Curiosity could overshadow fear, and it seemed to have won out. She grinned at his questions, happy to see him come closer. "Well, a mage is someone who uses magic, and psychic is one of the common magics in Yavania. It's basically mind magic, and I know you're one cuz you spoke into my mind. Was that on accident, I'm guessin'?" Without waiting for an answer (cuz she already knew it), she continued. "Magic is pretty common around here, and most creatures have more than one type. I prefer fire myself. Anyway, a chameleon is a, uh, lizard. It changes color. And I know 'this stuff' because I've been around a long time. A very long time. I'm ancient." She winked at the private joke. She might not look it, but she was old as dirt.

"So, what's your name kid?"

"Speak."
ShadeyBabey & Kati H.

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 02:00 AM by Perses. Edited 1 time in total.)
The sun was in your eyes
You couldn't believe it
Stars are on the ground
You start to believe it

Perses didn't know what magic was but at this point he was too afraid to ask. He listened to her explanation, absorbing it like a piece of moss. He listened and was shocked that he had spoken into her mind. He could do that? And judging by her description of a chameleon, he could change color or something? That was something that could be described as "interesting" but with a lot of fear.

She could control fire?

The giant creature didn't know what made him speak to her in his mind other than fear and confusion. Would these episodes happen more often? What would happen if he didn't use his powers when they happened? Would it destroy him? He was suddenly afraid of these powers.

"My name is Perses," the massive wolf responded when she asked.

"A-Are these...these things normal? Th-That feeling o-of something wanting to be released? What if I can't use these...these magic on someone? Will it..Will it d-destroy me?" the oversized yearling's voice was filled with fear.

He had a question he wanted to ask so badly and instead of it verbalizing again, Telepathy activated again, "What do I do with these magics? Why do I have them? Am I dangerous?"

OOC:
Earth: 0/2 | Psychic: 2/2 | Camouflage: 1/1

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

Regalia Dame

Perses, she mentally repeated his name, comitting it to memory. He had more questions, but she didn't mind. It showed he had a sharp mind, and that would serve him well. "That feelin', in my experience, is just your magic activating for the first few times -- until you learn to control it. Your magic shouldn't hurt yah, but if you're scared, we can find you a teacher to help yah cope."

Then, his questions continued in her head, and she had to stiffle an amused laugh. "You're doin' it again," she told him without a hint of irritation or displeasure. "To answer your additional questions, you do what you want with 'em. Some never really get stronger. Other focus on the magical path and become gifted mages. No one really knows for sure why they have the magic they do, but I suppose most will tell you they're gifts from Yavania's 'gods.' The Avatars that serve Mother Earth. And, no, you're not dangerous. Telepathy ain't really made for killin'." Fire, however, was another matter. Even the base power could start a deadly forest fire...

"Look. We got plenty of mages back home in the Kingdom of Gullborg. For mind magic, psychic, you couldn't find a better teacher than Queen Frigga or her friend, Nashad Prince. I know you're scared, but we can help -- shelter, food, and trainin'."

"Speak."
ShadeyBabey & Kati H.

Perses
Male
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Silverfrost
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

The sun was in your eyes
You couldn't believe it
Stars are on the ground
You start to believe it

Perses's head tilted again as Regalia began to explain even more concepts to him. He didn't quite understand what these powers were but it was nice to know that he could control them. He knew what a teacher was at least but wasn't quite sure what they could do for him. It would be helpful but he was still trying to wrap his head around the magic part.

The massive wolf took a step back in surprise as once again he used that - what did she call it? - that mind magic stuff. He couldn't control it it seemed but she didn't seem angry at least. She answered his other questions, introducing a lot more foreign concepts to him.

The yearling had no concept of gods and definitely not whatever these "Avatars" were. But he decided not to ask since it seemed something important to the she-wolf. He was relieved to hear that he wasn't dangerous. It all tied into controlling said powers and he could understand that. At least he learned what the psychic magic was called, it was telepathy.

The giant's head tilted as she strung together words that he didn't understand. What was a "kingdom"? What was this "Gullborg". It didn't sound very pretty to him. But what she said after made sense to him. He wanted to learn how to control these powers and the other benefits she listed would help.

"Okay," the bi-colored wolf said. He was unsure of what he was walking into, but he had some trust in the female. "Where is Queen and Nashad?" He had an idea of the first name and second name, having never heard of a Queen before and judging that it wasn't a usual word. And then he remembered that they were probably in this kingdom she spoke of. Where is this 'Kingdom of Gullborg'?" From his tone and careful pronunciation of the first and last words, he had no idea what they were.

OOC:
Perses don't know nothing XD
Earth: 0/2 | Psychic: 2/2 | Camouflage: 1/1

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

She let him contemplate all she'd said because it was a lot to digest. Magic, gods, kingdoms. Did he feel as if he'd stumbled into a new world? Maybe. Then again, maybe only magic was foreign to him. She didn't know for sure. He said okay, but she wasn't sure why. Then, he asked where Frigga and Nashad were. Ah, she probably hadn't made that clear. “They live in the Kingdom of Gullborg. A collection of realms, which are like packs but with multiple species all living together.”

She'd lived in Yavania so long that it was difficult to recall what needed explaining and what didn't. “It'll be your new home until you're old enough to take care of yourself.”