Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 10
Dec. 1st - Jan. 19th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Oct. '19
Character
Caelan
[played by Amelia]
Thread
We Could be Immortals

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private [Kari] Future Sister-in-law

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 years
Height: 28 in
AP: 30AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110 lbs

[Kari] Future Sister-in-law

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

Xewk was walking around the peninsula coming back from patrol of the border. He slowly settling into his father role, though it scared him a bit. What if he was going to mess up somehow? What if he wasn’t a good father? He didn’t have a strong father figure growing up, he only had Helu’s father to look up to for a season or two before he died. Though Xewk supposed ‘father figure’ didn’t always fit every family. Helu and Kari seemed to be doing well with their hoard of children. Though Helu had always been motherly in a sense. Family meant a lot to Xewk. He, Siekta, Helu, and Noam were always tightly knit together, they depended upon each other. They were able to joke and laugh and enjoy each other’s company. Though, perhaps it was their situation in the past that helped promote that closeness. He wanted that close knit feeling with Frigga’s family. He knew her family would help him if needed, but, some of them were so formal and seemed… well closed off. Perhaps that is how they would always be, but he wanted to be able to chat with them, spend time with them, laugh and have fun.

Perhaps that was a silly idealistic thought. But he wanted to try. Xewk knew Loki or Rai probably wouldn’t relax around him like he would prefer, but he hoped it would be even a slight bit less formal. Though, he knew who to begin talking to if he wanted to get to know the family better. Kari seemed like a good first step. Helu after all wouldn’t be with someone that couldn’t handle them. That thought both comforted him, and scared him. Someone being able to tame his sibling? Xewk snorted slightly to himself. ”That is a scary notion.” He was happy though that his sibling seemed happier since coming to Yavania, since finding love. He should really get to know his future sister in law… and perhaps give her a shove to make her an official sister in law. A wedding soon would be good. Spring was approaching, and what better to mark the new year with a union.

With that thought he walked towards the beach and sat down on the sand. He waited a few moments watching the tide come in and out before he called out for Kari hoping she would show up.

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (9.25) years
Height: 38
AP: 218AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160

RE: [Kari] Future Sister-in-law

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

She hadn't been expecting for someone to summon her. Least of all, did she expect for it come from the voice of Helu's brother - her aunt's lover.

She was equal parts amused and intrigued. Her ears flicked as she moved herself from the opening of her house. She had been sitting in front of it, taking in the weather as she debated with herself on what she was going to do. She could have easily made her way to the borders to do patrol, though, something had held her back this time around. It wasn't because she was bailing on her duties as queen. In fact, Kari almost always put her duties above other things that she should be doing. Her ears flicked as she finally took notice of where Xewk was at. She paused from her forward strut, her eyes staring upon him as she observed him for a second.

There could only be two possible reasons why he might seek her out. And she didn't think it had anything to do with the sort of relationship that he had with her aunt.

So it meant it probably either had to do with leadership or Helu. She highly suspected that it was probably not the former. So, was this the big brother talk, then? Well, if it was, Kari was certain that she could turn it into the niece talk too. With that comfort in mind, Kari made her final approach. "You rang?" She didn't bother to hide the amusement from her voice as she gave him a look. "Need something?"

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Or do you need more?

It didn’t take long before Kari appeared. ”She is prompt.” His internal thinking went father then those three words. Kari being prompt meant she probably took her position seriously. It also looked as if Xewk’s guess on Kari being the easier one to talk with was correct as he was greeted with an amused face. He gave a smirk, "Mmm. Yeah. Wanted to see how quickly you could get here. Your so slow though.” Of course that was a joke, though he wasn’t as good as Helu with jokes or comebacks. "I figured it would be nice to know more about members of the family, and your approachable. Plain as that. As I am sure you will find is the same with me, out of my little patchwork family.” Xewk was the more honest, no bullshit type of person. Well… he was when it came to people he knew he could trust, and anyone that Helu trusted he could trust. But his words were meant to let Kari know that he was open to talking about anything she had questions about.

Xewk’s gave Kari a knowing look,"How is living with Helu and Noam? Noam giving you trouble yet?”

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it and they frequently get re-injured if he is exercising too much, speaking too much, or being too loud vocally. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (9.25) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

I am a bit sassy, with some sarcasm thrown into the mix, but stoic at the same time - and brash.

So, she was half correct in her assumption in what he wanted. It had to deal with Helu and Frigga combined. He wished to get closer to the family?

Well, he probably made the correct assumption in coming to her first. Her brow arched when she stared at him, letting him speak, even though his attempt at humor fell a little short. Was he trying too hard? Not that she particularly cared if he was or wasn't it. "I'll merely let you continue to think that," she said, letting it slide that he called her slow. Because if he thought that she was slow, she'd be able to surprise him. She knew that she was large - she took after her grandmother more than anything when it came to it.

Kari herself so no problem with that.

The knowing look that he offered her was only met with an arch of the brow. His question of how she enjoyed living with Helu and Noam was also merely met with a blank stare. "You know," she drawled, "I could merely ask the same question of you with my aunt." An aunt that she was rather close to - an aunt that she saw more as a mother figure. She ignored the last bit about how she was getting used to Noam himself. The primate was much like a younger brother - someone that liked to get underneath skin on purpose merely because they knew that they could.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Or do you need more?

Xewk arched his brow back at her words. ‘I'll merely let you continue to think that.’ "It was a joke. Well… apparently a terrible one. I am not the best at jokes. I know you are not slow. Helu wouldn’t be with you if you were.” He smirked.

He then listened to her reply back about replying with the same question. "Your aunt and I are doing well. Our children are well. Does that satisfy your worries?” His eyebrow raised again, "This isn’t an interrogation you know? Relax.” Xewk then turned his head out to the ocean and watched it for a moment. "How about we play a game? I ask a question, you ask a question. I am sure your probably wanting to know who the hell your aunt is with, and frankly I would prefer at least someone else other than Frigga to not view me like some sort of outsider.” Xewk then looked at Kari, "And frankly I would like to know who the hell my sibling is in love with.” He chuckled, "Though, from what little interactions I have seen, I already know some things. Plus what I know about Helu’s personality tells me more.”

Xewk smiled gently though his expression held concern, "Considering what is going to happen come springtime with the man in jail… I feel like this question is valid. I saw you get in front of Helu during that day where they challenged that young man. Do you know why Helu fears tigers?”

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it and they frequently get re-injured if he is exercising too much, speaking too much, or being too loud vocally. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Kari
Female
Algiz Queen
Wolf
© Marissa
5 (9.25) years
Linked Accounts

Kari Dame

Her lips quirked upwards even more when he didn't mean that he thought her slow. It was fine even if he did believe it. "A little jumpy, aren't you?" she drawled at him, her eyes sparkling in her amusement.

She knew how she came off - she was big. Generally, with bigger creatures, they were slower, weren't they? Though, he probably thought that she thought he meant her intelligence. Yeah, she was just going to leave that behind her, untouched. When he answered her unspoken question about her aunt, her words merely being a statement, the female wolf couldn't help it - she gave a huff of a laugh. "You have little to worry about if it satisfies my worries or not." After all, Kari wasn't the one that was the biggest problem when it came to her aunt. If he wished to get closer to the family, he'd have to work his way up to her father. She was sure that he probably believed that it was her grandparents that he had to worry about. While some of that had a grain of truth, Kari figured that it was actually her father that was the worst of them all.

When he claimed that he also wanted to get to know who his sibling was with, Kari was rather proud with herself. Called it.

"They might have mentioned it," Kari said, because there was no use in hiding what she did know. They might have been delving in alcohol during that conversation but it did not mean that Kari could not recall it. "I'm going to assume that you haven't been introduced to my father yet." Not exactly a question. Stark was probably more caught up with raising his newest young than he was about keeping an eagle eye out for Frigga's safety.

Probably the only reason why he wasn't a burnt cougar, if Kari was being honest. She might not know what fully had happened to her aunt but what she did know was that her father was far more protective than what she could assume her grandparents were.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic

Jessi S.

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Or do you need more?

[Mature language]

Xewk heard Kari’s teasing words. ‘A little jumpy, aren't you?’ Xewk raised an eyebrow. "Hmm… well considering I know nothing about you, I’d prefer to be on the cautious side of being potentially being an ass. Though, your with Helu.” He smirked. "They wouldn’t be with someone who couldn’t take as much as they can dish out.” Kari then stated that Helu may have mentioned something about tigers. Xewk was going to leave it at that. If Helu said something to them that made him happy. Though Kari wasn’t the most… forthcoming person with info. None of Frigga’s family really seemed to be.

Kari then spoke again. ‘I'm going to assume that you haven't been introduced to my father yet.’

Xewk hummed and Eidetic memory helped him recall the day Helu’s and Kari’s kids were delivered. He saw the man and Kari introduced him to Helu as her father ‘Stark’. "Formally. No. In a group. Yes.” Xewk then looked out at the ocean, "What magic do you have?” It was a straightforward question.

"Talk here."
MTSOfan