Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 10
Sept. 2nd - Oct. 15th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: FALL Y9
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome A heart of an aspiring warrior

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Height: 35 in
AP: 215.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 131 lbs

RE: A heart of an aspiring warrior

Regalia Dame

I dream of our story, of our fairy-tale
Family dinners and family trees
Teachin' the kids to say, "Thank you," and, "Please,"
Knowin' if we stay together that things will be right

The battle was, all in all, a good one. Regalia loved the thrill of a good fight, and there was something equally fun about watching a good one. Oh, there were mistakes being made for sure -- there always were -- but that's why practice such as this was so important. As the fight came to an end, without a care for who had won, Regalia stepped forward to speak to the fighters. "Nice fight, girls," she said, well aware that they were actually, well, women. Still evaluating her Prospect's performance, Regalia took a moment to glance to the cougar. "For the life of me, I can't recall if I should know your name or not." The cougar would probably notice that they shared a similar scar, but Regalia wouldn't necessarily bring it up unless she did. "My name's Regalia Dame, Commander of the Valkyrja army. I can tell you're a fighter and a survivor, so if you're ever interested in puttin' down roots, I'd be glad to have yah."

Then, she glanced at Ealga with a grin. "How do you think you did, Prospect?"

OC: We don't have to wait for the judgment to be done if you don't wanna, since it doesn't affect the RP too much. Smile

"Speak."
ShadeyBabey & Kati H.

Wears a silver ring with blue topaz gems and a bracelet made of tiger eye gemstones with a golden lion head.

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.25 years
Height: 56 in
AP: 220AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: 300 lbs

The battle finally drew to a close, and the bear had finally done what Regalia had asked of her. Though she noticed sharp discomfort on her nose, and shook her head to relieve herself of the uncomfortable feeling. Ealga felt pride well up in her as Regalia stepped forward, praising her and the cougar for the good fight. It seemed the bear was bringing honor to the North name. Ealga hoped she had reached Regalia's expectations, and hear the review of the fight from the wolf. Though, she did not expect for the Commander to ask her how she thought she did. Ealga spoke with confidence, though she made sure to speak truly as well. "I think I did quite well. I put my strength to good use, as well as using my magic for the first time as a defense. But the cougar was a worthy adversary. She used her speed well, and her magic was quite the show. She was able to make me feel discomfort without inflicting any true harm. All in all, I felt I did exceptional for my spar as a Prospect." Ealga had spoken the honest truth. She had great strength, but felt she had to acquire stronger magic. Powerful magic paired with great strength, would be a useful asset for the bear. Ealga patiently waited for Regalia to respond, hoping she had pleased her Commander.

Fuli
Female
Rogue
Cougar
© Lightwood
4(5.75) years
Height: 26in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90lbs

I'M TIRED OF FIGHTING
FOR ONCE I WANT TO BE FOUGHT FOR

Her defenses slowly dropped at the approach of the wolf. Suddenly feeling rather shy at the idea of being watched. Fuli would softly nod her head at the praise, wondering if it was genuine or not. But thought better than to dwell. Her breathing had slowed considerably, and the rush was no longer there. The ache in her shoulder was still present, but it drowned out the pain in her head.

She'd snap out of her thoughts as the wolf remarked on not knowing her name. Fuli had glimpsed the similar scar they shared and quickly averted her eyes. Heat crawling up her face as she forced herself to maintain eye contact. "Fuli Olev. I used to reside in a kingdom before my mother called me to her side, though it seems that she's vanished." She'd pause momentarily, before continuing. "I'm no longer a fighter, so i'm not sure i'd quite fit in in this army of yours. Thank you, Regalia, for the offer." Fuli didn't want to be a fighter anymore. This battle alone was enough to give her anxiety for the next 10 years. But, she was proud of herself.

She'd taken on Goliath.

Ealga would then speak, commenting on Fuli's speed and magic. Her heart would swell slightly as she looked up at the bear. Yes, she'd taken on the giant. That thought alone, how she'd just thrown herself into this without so much of a second thought still scared her. Her brows would furrow before she spoke again.

"But could you tell me about this army? Who do you protect?" She was curious as to why someone would have an army. A realm, perhaps? Maybe she'd be welcome into said realm. She would pull her own weight. Fuli believed she proved that just now. And, perhaps, with some information she'd be persuading into joining Regalia's bunch after all.

NOTE - Fuli does not actually have her horns fully grown yet, instead they are just mere points coming roughly 3 inches out of her head ^^

Metal 1/2 | Psychic 1/3 | Fire 1/2 | Healing 0/2
Chameleon 0/1 | Camouflage 0/1 | Affliction 1/1 | Axon 0/1 | Mask 0/1
Weaver 0/1 | Longevity 0/1 | Dismissal 0/1 | Fellowship 0/1 | Espy 0/1
Eidetic Memory ∞ | Lucky ∞

Actions | "Speech" | Magic

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

Regalia Dame

Ealga gave her honest assessment of her fight, and Regalia inclined her head in acknowledgement. Regalia he hadn't yet made up her mind on if Ealga had earned the promotion, but she didn't say that. She just kept replaying the spar in her head as the cougar replied.

Fuli Olev. She used to reside in a Kingdom -- was it Gullborg? Regalia wasn't sure. Though she said she wasn't interested in fighting anymore, she did ask about the Valkyrja. "Well, to put it simply, we're a sisterhood that defends the Kingdom of Gullborg." They were, in a way, family. Small but growing. They didn't all get along, but what family did? "Fighting to survive, I could see gettin' tired of that. But fighting for those that can't fight for themselves?" She trailed off there, letting Fuli think on the matter.

"Speak."
ShadeyBabey & Kati H.

Wears a silver ring with blue topaz gems and a bracelet made of tiger eye gemstones with a golden lion head.

Salazar
Male
Spirit
Cougar
© Lightwood
4.5 (10.5) years
Height: 30in
Linked Accounts

Weight: 120lbs

He was not stalking his daughter. Stalking was such a strong word and it was something he definitely wasn't doing! He could not stress that enough. Their last encounter had been a while ago and maybe he was pushing things by, ahem, watching her from a distance. A far distance.

Okay, maybe it was stalking.

But he had such a good reason! He simply just wanted to be there for his child in case there was any trouble. Not that he could do anything. The mortal world was gone to him, but he could still keep a lookout. Did Fuli know? Sal snorted at the thought and shook his head. She didn't know a thing.

With a smile he'd watch as his daughter answered the call of battle. His widened in concern at the beast she'd duel. But he stayed a distance away, transparent body visibly tense as the battle went on. He was impressed with his daughters skills, her bravery in a fight as well. He couldn't say the same for himself. Having learned the hate fighting, but watching his daughter give it her all made him smile in pride. His prodigy grew into a strong woman. He briefly remembered when she mentioned that she had been a knight.

As the fight drew to a close and he clearly thought Fuli won (well obviously he biased, that's his kid), he saw a canine approach the two. They seemed to be talking about something, but they were too far away to hear anything.

Taking in a breath, one he didn't need but it was a nervous habit, he'd slowly make his way over to the trio. A broad smile on his face. His grin would widen as his daughter took notice of him. She'd nod her head at his curtly, a faint smile on her lips. He'd step closer to her side. The horned ghost would notice points coming from his child's head. Curiosity before realization. She had horns, or at the least was growing some. Salazar felt proud that she was becoming a little more like him, physically at least.

"You did great, Fuli. You've made your papa proud." Maybe he was pushing his luck, after all he didn't even know if she forgave him yet, but it was worth a try. And, oh boy, the amount of joy he had when she mumbled an embarrassed 'thanks' wasn't even describable. True, she didn't call him dad or father, but she at least acknowledged him and didn't look at him with such hatred as she once had.

Maybe she really did think things over. Maybe she was finally willing to start over. Sal really hoped these things were true. He may be dead and therefore have a dead, unbeating heart, but it still held great amounts of love for his only remaining child.

Note - pped Fuli as she is my character ^^

Action | "Speech"
stock image taken by Eric Kilby.

Due to Chill's passive ability Salazar's skin is always cold to the touch
Since Blessed by Avatar Syuna Salazar now has a pink teardrop under his right eye

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.25 years
Height: 56 in
AP: 220AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: 300 lbs

Ealga had been truthful regarding the spar she had just completed. Though, Regalia simply inclined her head, perhaps noting what she had said. Before her commander even spoke of her choice of whether or not she could become a cadet, the wolf spoke to the cougar first. Regalia was explaining to the cat the purpose of the Valkyrja. Ealga felt it was best for her to stay quiet until her commander addressed her. It would be rude of her to interrupt. Hopefully Regalia would let her know of her choice when she was done speaking to the cougar. The feline may have turned down the offer to join the army, but she would have made a good fit. Not many animals out there would take a bear head on. A lot of creatures she passed by usually evaded her. Yet, whether or not the cat wanted to join, was her decision alone. Not her, or Regalia's decision. All Ealga was interested in at the moment, was her commander's decision on her possible acceptance to cadet.

Fuli
Female
Rogue
Cougar
© Lightwood
4(5.75) years
Height: 26in
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90lbs

I'M TIRED OF FIGHTING
FOR ONCE I WANT TO BE FOUGHT FOR

Fighting to survive, I could see gettin' tired of that. But fighting for those that can't fight for themselves?

Fuli didn't want to fight for anyone. She was sick and tired of fighting for people who only seemed to be ungrateful. A small pinprick of uncertainty. She wasn't meant to do this, and she knew it. Whatever flame that started back in her heart was quickly stomped out. What was she even thinking? Considering joining an army. An army for crying out loud!

Her face remained emotionless as she took a moment to calm the storm in her soul.

She'd watch cautiously as out of the corner of her eye she saw her blood father coming. Had he seen the entire fight? Anxiety quickened her heartbeat before she took a breath to settle herself. If he did or didn't, none of it mattered. Though, she would never in a million years admit it, Fuli secretly hoped he got to see her.

Her ears flattened at his words before mumbling an embarrassed thanks. Quickly glancing at the bear she'd make a subtle motion with her head that she hoped her blood father picked up on. In a way, it was like a child showing off to their parents, trying to make them proud.

Why had she done that, she didn't fully understand. At least at the moment, but what she did know was that she needed to talk to the ghost sometime soon. They had a lot to discuss. At least, from her end.

Turning her attention back to Regalia, Fuli would squint, trying to get a feel for the woman before her. Could someone she didn't know truly be so kind? "Gullborg, it sounds familiar... is there a white male wolf there with green eyes? He helped to free slaves from Julianna..?" Fuli flinched at the last statement, but hoped it didn't draw too much attention. But if Regalia knew the male then perhaps she could learn a little more of the kingdom she once lived in.

NOTE - Fuli does not actually have her horns fully grown yet, instead they are just mere points coming roughly 3 inches out of her head ^^

Metal 1/2 | Psychic 1/3 | Fire 1/2 | Healing 0/2
Chameleon 0/1 | Camouflage 0/1 | Affliction 1/1 | Axon 0/1 | Mask 0/1
Weaver 0/1 | Longevity 0/1 | Dismissal 0/1 | Fellowship 0/1 | Espy 0/1
Eidetic Memory ∞ | Lucky ∞

Actions | "Speech" | Magic

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11) years
Linked Accounts

Regalia Dame

The appearance of the spirit sure did surprise Regalia, but she didn't startle or get spooked. Spirits couldn't hurt the living -- at least as far as she knew -- and the male seemed more interested in praising the female cougar than anything. Seeing as how he called himself her papa, that made sense. Even if it was weird for a spirit to be coddling a clearly middle-aged woman. To each their own.

To her surprise, the cougar asked after Loki, of all creatures, and Regalia barked a laugh. "Whiteish-gold, tall, with a regal air that makes you think he came out of the womb a king? Yeah, that'd be my uncle, Loki. He helped lead the raid that ended Julianna's bullshit." Regalia tried not to dwell on the bad that had happened there, which was made easier by her need to appear strong in front of others. If she'd been alone, oh boy, she'd probably have started feeling sorry for herself for sure.

Turning back to Ealga, Regalia said, "You're a Cadet now, but don't think the hard part is over. You'll need to practice spar more and more to hone those skills. Even in times of peace, you gotta be prepared for war." Because assholes like Julianna existed everywhere.

"Speak."
ShadeyBabey & Kati H.

Salazar
Male
Spirit
Cougar
© Lightwood
4.5 (10.5) years
Height: 30in
Linked Accounts

Weight: 120lbs

Salazar would take a step or so back, letting his daughter talk. She didn't need his help in this so he simply watched. Though his right eye did twitch when she mentioned slaves. The ghost still couldn't believe that Fuli had to go through that. Tricolored eyes noticed her subtle movement and he smiled. Hopefully she was beginning to consider giving him a second chance.

He'd zone out, trying his best to not eavesdrop. With a quick tilt of his horned head he'd look at the polar bear. Comparing the size of the white female to the cougar. She was massive. Damn. And his little girl went against that and did amazing.

Salazar wasn't completely aware that he was babying the grown woman. Perhaps it was because the last time he saw her was as a cub, his mind simply trying to pick up where they last left off.

He didn't want to admit that his daughter was grown and no longer needed him.

Note - Sal is just observing now, he may be skipped <3

Action | "Speech"
stock image taken by Eric Kilby.

Due to Chill's passive ability Salazar's skin is always cold to the touch
Since Blessed by Avatar Syuna Salazar now has a pink teardrop under his right eye

Akradr
Female
Birb-Min & Burneh's Wife
OC Account
© Akradr
22 years
Height: --
AP: 1,837AP
18 Attached Accounts

Weight: --

KEY
10 default total points available per round

Per Round Deductions:
-2 | unrealistic damage
-1 | semi-realistic damage
-1 | damage lacks important detail or clarity
-2 | unrealistic counter
-1 | semi-realistic counter
-1 | counter lacks important detail or clarity
-2 | unrealistic attack
-1 | semi-realistic attack
-1 | attack lacks important detail or clarity
-0.5 | per defense missing/not mentioned why missing
-2 | powerplaying/godmoding/metagaming
-1 | attack does not fit spar type

Final Tally:
-1 | opponent's side has 3+ more opponents than your side
+1 | experience advantage (3+ more spars than opponent)
+1 | magic advantage (5+ more spells than opponent)
+1 | size advantage (weight only, 50+ lbs difference)
+0.5 | size advantage (weight only, +20 - 49 lbs difference)
+0.5 | speed advantage < 10 mph faster (see Speed page; only counts for land animal vs land animal)
+1 | speed advantage > 10 mph faster (see Speed page; only counts for land animal vs land animal)
+1 | environment taken into account (per round)
+1 | creativity
+3 | excellent health
+2 | good health
+1 | fair health
+0 | poor health

Ealga

Health: +3
Size Advantage: +1
Speed Advantage: +0
Magical Advantage: +0
Experience: +0
Environment: +0
Bonus Total: +4
Move 1 (7.5)
-0.5 missing defence (open jaws).

-2 godmoding; "... would attempt to slam herself into the cougar with all her body weight, her fore-paws stretched out to try and hold her into a bear hug." -- an example of godmoding, aside from taking no/too little damage, would be making more than one attack in a single post w/o the second one being done simultaneously. Additionally, try detailing it a little more for future spars! Explain where their arms are trying to land, but be sure to keep it simple and realistic.

This is spar strike 1/2.
Move 2 (5.5)
-2.5 missing defences (wrinkled maw, hackles, legs, head and jaws).

-2 powerplaying; "... Ealga used static, and she completely noticed it. Static electricity covered her completely, causing sparks and audible cracking upon touch." -- All attacks and abilities must be attempted, otherwise the opposing roleplayer won't have a chance to reply properly.

This is spar strike 2/2.
Move 3 (5.5)
-3.5 missing defences (all).

-1 attack lacks important detail or clarity; "... and attempted to hold her down with her paws using all her weight." -- hold her down how, and where? Where are her paws trying to pin? What were her initial movements to be in this possible position?
Total:
(22.5)

Fuli

Health: +2
Size Advantage: +0
Speed Advantage: +1
Magical Advantage: +1
Experience: +1
Environment: R1, R2, R3, +3
Bonus Total: +8
Move 1 (9.5)
All defences set.

-1 attack lacks important detail/clarity; "... she would attempt to jump at the possibly exposed side with outstretched claws," -- where is she aiming to hit on their left side? Be specific.
Move 2 (10)
All defences set.
Move 3 (10)
All defences set.
Total:
(37.5)

Verdict: True to points, Fuli is the winner of this spar! It was a great effort from both parties, but there are, of course, a few things I'd like to address for those who are still learning.

When it comes to defences, you must always put them in every spar post you make, or atleast state why they are not set in the post so we, the judges, know what's going on. Attacks: they must always be attempted, magical or physical. If you make a second move, it must be done simultaneously and realistically -- be specific, detailed if you have to -- simple is the easiest way to write spar posts. Other than that, it was an easy read and very enjoyable! I didn't strike Ealga out because this is their first time.

Questions? PM me! <3