Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 10
Sept. 2nd - Oct. 15th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: FALL Y9
Character
Bellamy
Avocado
Relationship
Loki & Rai & Sribna
Thread
I'm Just a Poor Boy, Nobody Loves Me

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome [BR] Suppressed Thoughts

Abraxas
Male
Verja Resident
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3.5 years
Height: 24 in
AP: 51.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 70 lbs

[BR] Suppressed Thoughts

Abraxas Bast

And I think it's gonna be a long, long, time
'Til touchdown brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home

So apparently thunderstorms here COULD get worse than what he had already experienced. Like the fact it is currently storming and raining BLOOD. Yes, blood. Who the hell pissed of the Gods this bad? It wasn’t Abraxas, nono not this time, he stayed far away from anything that could anger them. So, with that thought in his mind, hopefully… it would be okay for him to travel out and get some food at the kitchens?

He was already on his way anyways, he was starving. He tried his best not to jump at every thunder crack on the way. It was raining, wet, muddy with a ton of lighting and thunder. ”Perfect…” He thought sarcastically to himself. Once he stepped inside the kitchens he shook the rain off himself and promptly looked and the wet floor in shock.”It looks like a went a killed someone…” It was horror inducing in his mind and the claps of thunder caused his heart to race. He was scared of the storm, and honestly he really wanted Nashad or Lucien here to help comfort him. ”Stop that...” He thought to himself. Like reprimanding himself would actually somehow make the thoughts stop… more like just suppressing things. Eventually he had to hit a point where he broke free. Right now, wasn’t that moment.

Pulling himself from those thoughts however he looked around and noticed the oven… he could cook something. He took a few moments to look around the pantry trying to figure out what he should cook. It had been awhile since he had done any cooking, and while not an expert in the area, his skills were still nothing to scoff at. He wondered what herbs the kingdom had as well, perhaps he could get a bit fancy… maybe spoil himself a bit.

"Speak."

Abraxas has an Arabic accent and due to pheromones smells like a blend of Jasmine and Blue Lotus. He wears a necklace made of large sapphires, turquoise, and gold in the shape of a winged beetle.

Baldrick
Male
Algiz Resident
Lion
© chateerio
2.25 years
Height: 42 in
AP: 33.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 196 lbs

RE: [BR] Suppressed Thoughts

Baldrick Julien-Prince

quiet doesn't mean that I have nothing to say

the beast's ocean eyes were looking around, or rather ravaging his surroundings. the lion felt a ravenous hunger, for he had not eaten for four days. the reason? Baldrick couldn't quite place it, he simply felt like it. after all, he had never starved in his life, there were fresh supplies of food suited for every palate brought it nearly everyday for everyone to enjoy. he was curious of what it felt like to be deprived of that luxury. some may have simply called him crazy, and who knows, he probably was for all he knew, but he just felt a constant hunger for knowledge. and for food, of course.

while heading towards the kitchens, Baldrick felt drops of water suddenly land on his short fur and luscious mane that appeared to made of the night sky before a loud crackling noise boomed above him. great, just great. huh, do the Avatars want me to starve that badly? wings sprouted from his back, spreading over his front to shield his head from the rain. without even noticing, his pace got naturally faster and faster until he was running full-speed to reach his destination before the thunderstorm's inevitable climax. in his hurry, he somehow managed to miss the fact that the drops were tinted a strange color.. red?

when he finally reached the doorstep of the kitchen, the lion thought for a mere second he had just unintentionally walked upon a crime scene. there was crimson liquid spattered on floor and walls, but as he approached to inspect it, he realized it had neither the consistency nor the smell of blood. puzzled, Baldrick looked up to see a canine working in the kitchen. he didn't know him. the trail led to him though, and altough he had confirmed it wasn't indeed blood, he was still curious on what it was. he didn't mean to look weird, so he swiftly, discreetly lapped the liquid. he quickly regretted it. making a face of pure disgust, he turned around to spit the remainder of what was left on his tongue on the floor, forgetting the stranger might have caught him in the act of doing so.

after deciding to ignore the "blood" and concentrate on why he was there in the first place, he realized he had never cooked in his life. it was a foreign concept to him, as the job was usually done by the cooks. for a split second, the idea of asking the stranger, seeing his skill in going through the different elements of the room, as if he knew what he was doing, crossed his mind. what a silly idea. he came here to eat, not socialize. very different things, and, unlike the first one, he tried to avoid the latter like the plague. deciding he just needed to do his thing, he moved to the freezer to pick up the leg of some large creature off a hook, then gently proceeded to put it down, and look at it. to his despair, it didn't cook itself.

what now?

act | "talk." | magic

Abraxas
Male
Verja Resident
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3.5 years
Linked Accounts

Abraxas Bast

As Abraxas was looking around the kitchen for what he should cook the sound of footsteps approaching caught his attention. He looked to the front door of the kitchen and saw a large male lion standing in the doorway… licking the… blood rain and then proceed to make a face of disgust. Abraxas couldn’t help but turn around so his face was hidden and proceed to make a face filled with disgust as well. ”He licked the blood rain… WHY!? It smells like blood, so obviously it must taste terrible!” He heard the man spit on the floor, presumably because of the taste. ”At… least he spit it out?”

Abraxas continued to look at the spices, well… not really, he pretended like he was but now that another creature was in the kitchen’s with him he was more focused on the location of said creature then actually on making food for himself. He heard the man go into the cooler and walk back out. Abraxas turned around again to see the man had grabbed a leg of meat, placed it on the floor and… was staring at it. He was going to eat raw meat?

Abraxas wanted to just ignore the man, not because he wanted to be rude but… because he was intimidated by really anything much larger than himself. But Malachai was nice… and Stark was nice… so perhaps he could TRY and make new friends of larger sized creatures. "Um..” Abraxas nervously called out, his Arabic accent lacing his words. "Do you need help… with cooking your meal?” Was that rude of him to ask? Maybe the stranger wanted to eat raw meat. "My name is Abraxas Bast… I can cook some food if you want…” Again… perhaps it was rude of him to assume the man needed assistance. He really didn’t want to piss off another large feline. Then, as if him being scared of the man wasn't enough, a large flash of lightning followed by an equally large clap of thunder resonated right outside the kitchens causing Abraxas to jump. He hated thunderstorms, hated them, absolutely hated them. His body shook slightly as he laughed nervously, "Sorry.... that was pretty loud... wasn't it?"

"Speak."

Abraxas has an Arabic accent and due to pheromones smells like a blend of Jasmine and Blue Lotus. He wears a necklace made of large sapphires, turquoise, and gold in the shape of a winged beetle.

Baldrick
Male
Algiz Resident
Lion
© chateerio
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Baldrick Julien-Prince

the behemoth was silent for a few, seemingly interminable moments, irritated at himself for attracting unwanted attention. he tried his best at keeping a neutral face, a slight smile daring to lift the corners of his mouth. he didn't reply when the canine intruduced himself as Abraxas; names weren't important, they weren't a necessity. they told you nothing about the person itself other than their family's choice in monikers. Baldrick found names strange; you were forced to live with this word for the entirety of your existence, and what was worse was that you didn't even choose it yourself. what if you didn't like your name?

he was snapped out of his chaotic mind when Abraxas asked him if he wanted some help. "yeah.." he replied curtly, perhaps even shyly. he was surprised when a loud clapping echoed outside, not so much for the sound itself, but because he caught the man across the room jumping. that single act of fear made Abraxas appear more.. human, at least in Baldrick's eyes. he smiled fondly, albeit he attempted to keep it discreet, when the fellow man laughed awkwardly and apologized. "why are you apologizing? everyone's afraid of something, aren't they? I'm guessing thunder isn't your thing?"

picking up the leg he had mindlessly abandoned on the floor, Baldrick directed himself towards the canine, laying it down beside him. he had offered to cook him something after all, hadn't he? "you just need to not think about it. how about we cook instead?" he suggested. he was aware of what it felt like to be scared, and it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience. and in a situation like this, where the cause of the fear itself was inevitable, the best course of action was just ignoring it. at least, that's what he found most useful.

"just tell me what I need to do, ok?" he needed clear instructions in order for the kitchen to not burn down to the ground. which didn't exactly work in this situation, since they were already underground.. well, too bad.

act | "talk." | magic

Abraxas
Male
Verja Resident
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3.5 years
Linked Accounts

Abraxas Bast

He nodded as the man agreed that he wanted assistance. Why? Abraxas didn’t know, he was just nervous given the weather and the fact he was alone, with an unknown male. He also had not missed the fact the man had given him no name. That to Abraxas raised red flags, uncertainty and the unknown were two things Abraxas was afraid of. Why did he not want to give his name? Did he have something to hide? What would it be?

Abraxas was observant however and not missed the smile the male gave at him jumping in fear. After all, it was ingrained into him that he had read into details, just to keep his life, but that all happened before coming to Yavania. The large male feline then spoke again, ‘Why are you apologizing? Everyone is afraid of something, aren't they? I'm guessing thunder isn't your thing?’ Abraxas gave a nervous smile as he still slightly shook from the storm, "Habit… I suppose. And no… it is not my thing as you say.” To be honest many things weren’t his ‘thing’. Abraxas feared… a lot.

He fought back stepping backwards as the man came closer to drop the leg of meat next to him. ”He is too close,” Abraxas thought to himself. Though the man was just harmlessly placing the food near him, there shouldn’t be a reason to be afraid… right?

‘You just need to not think about it. How about we cook instead?’

”Easier said than done. You can’t reason with anxiety.” Abraxas may have thought it, but he sure wasn’t about to say that outloud. "Sure. I… did not catch your name by the way, what was it?” He spoke gently with an Arabic accent. He decided to pretend that maybe he hadn’t heard the man say his name, even though he knew the man had left it out. Perhaps, he forgot though?

The feline male opened his mouth again, telling Abraxas to direct him on what he needs to do. ”So he does not know how to cook.” In that case, perhaps Abraxas should be doing the more possibly dangerous stuff. Though, this leg of meat was probably the same weight as himself. "Alright. Are you familiar with the insides of a kitchen at all?” He needed to know just how far the man’s extent of cooking knowledge went, or if it even existed at all.

"Speak."

Baldrick
Male
Algiz Resident
Lion
© chateerio
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Baldrick Julien-Prince

Baldrick had not replied to the man's answer to his question, nor had he reacted in any visible manner. he seldom felt the need to keep a conversation going. he liked silence, and thought that it was a key component of any conversation. it was all about balance.

his eyes widened at the question Abraxas would utter next. his eyes fell on the ground. "oh, uhm.. it's Baldrick.. Baldrick Julien-Prince.." he stuttered. he knew what his last name hinted at. he had heard things about his feline father, and they.. weren't nice. although he had to admit that Yvon had been nothing but kind to him during his childhood, same thing with his uncles and aunt, therefore he had conflicting thoughts about the matter. and it's not like he could've asked his coyote father, either, in case the rumors were indeed true..
Baldrick.. he hated it. he sometimes felt the burning stares, and he detested the attention wholeheartedly.

he hoped at least this man wouldn't treat him differently for it. after all, judging by his exotic accent, he wasn't native to Yavania, so Baldrick prayed that he'd be oblivious to his ancestry, and would just focus on him as an individual.

his nose scrunched up in displeasure, and he shifted his gaze awkwardly. he walked away from the canine, and pretended to look through the cupboards. "no," he replied without looking at the man. "I mean, I know where the freezer is," that was the place where he got the leg, right? "but, apart from that, I'm as ignorant as can be," he claimed, laughing half-heartedly. great, he had returned to his awkward self. awesome.

he sighed quietly and sat down, looking around the kitchen, seeing if he could spot any other element of the room that he knew. surprise surprise, he had no idea of what anything was. he did notice a small basil plant growing in some sort of pot, perhaps to be used in some recipe. deciding it was a brilliant idea to practice his magical powers, since he probably couldn't help the other man in any way, shape or form, besides offering him some basil, he concentrated on the small sprout and used flourish, hoping to increase its height and, consequently, the number of leaves. it did grow, altough by only 10 inches. it didn't matter to him, as he was proud the power worked at all. he sported a pleased smirk, and glanced back at Abraxas, hoping he was ready to give him some instructions.

act | "talk." | magic

Abraxas
Male
Verja Resident
A. wild dog
© Avocado
3.5 years
Linked Accounts

Abraxas Bast

Abraxas awaited the man’s reply again, and watched as the man’s eyes widened and then looked to the ground and gave his name. ”So he is Nashad’s son?” Clearly the man was bothered, perhaps he was embarrassed he had forgotten as Abraxas couldn’t fathom him being ashamed of his name. Granted, part of the last name was definitely not Lucien’s but instead someone else's. Though Abraxas had no knowledge of what had happened to Nashad, so ‘Julien’ didn’t ring any bells. In fact knowing Baldrick was Nashad’s son helped him relax a bit, but only a bit. Nashad wouldn’t have raised a bad kid, at least that’s what Abraxas believed. Still, anxiousness thy name is Abraxas Bast.

The man then admitted that he knew nothing really about cooking or the kitchen. As Abraxas pondered on what they could make he watched as Baldrick used magic to make a plant grow. The man sported a pleased grin and Abraxas responded with a small smile. Abraxas wasn’t the best at showing his emotions, even when he did show some, they were not always the right ones. He tended to fall into hiding his real emotions, even from himself. Though, anxiety was something not even he could hide.

Abraxas spoke gently with an Arabic accent, "It is nice to meet you Baldrick. I will get the fire for the oven started. While I do that could you first get us a smaller piece of meat, or a few. Just enough for us. The leg you chose would take a few hours to cook. Although roasted leg is good, just not for a quick meal.” He gave a small smile trying to make sure the man didn’t feel back about his choice of meat. Delicate, graceful legs then carried him over to the oven where he looked around and thankfully found a few still lit embers. ”Thank goodness. I actually don’t know if I could have gotten a fire started by myself.” Using telekinesis he placed some kindling into the pile of embers. He let loose his wings and gently and every so carefully fanned the embers. Once the flame re-lit he again turned to his telekinetic powers to slowly add more twigs and fuel making the flames grow bigger.
"Speak."