Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 10
Dec. 1st - Jan. 19th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Oct. '19
Character
Caelan
[played by Amelia]
Thread
We Could be Immortals

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome We could be immortals

Perses
Male
Valkyrja Cadet
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.00 years
Height: 40 in
AP: 150AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180 lbs

We could be immortals

Perses padded through the grove. He was doing what he guessed what his duties were -- they weren't very well-defined to him -- which entailed patrolling the territory. He had wandered in a circle before sitting down.

The red-eyed male caught sight of black silhouettes in the sky. He recognized them as ravens. He wished he could fly.

Spiranima activated and the massive wolf found himself staring into the eyes of a raven that seemed to materialize out of thin air. The raven was a female with red eyes like his own. He was in shock, the only thing he was thinking was: "Who are you?".

"I am your familiar," the raven croaked and the beast was stunned. He knew when he was using telepathy and when he was not; he had not used telepathy. But even more stunning was: the raven spoke back to him. He didn't know what a "familiar" was. 'What is that?'

"Your new best friend but better!" the raven piped up. She flapped and landed on his back. 'See?'

The crimson-eyed male was stunned to hear her voice in his head. That must be how others felt when he used his psychic magic. "What is your name?"

"That's a good question."

OOC:
Perses has summoned his spiranima! A female raven with red eyes! Name, undecided

Anima: 4/8 | Psychic: 0/5 | Earth: 0/5 | Camouflage: 0/1
Actions | "Speech" | Magic
dia-74 @DA | Table by Silverfrost

Perses wears a necklace around his neck.
Perses's Spiranima is named Crowley: A large female raven with red eyes who sounds like Crowley from Good Omens.
Stock for avatar from Dawnthieves

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 years
Height: 28 in
AP: 44AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110 lbs

RE: We could be immortals

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

Xewk after spending some time with Helu and Noam in the kitchens eating some food had made his way over to the borders for border patrol when an unusual and surprising scent caught his nose. What was Perses doing at the borders? By his scent he was still not an adult.

Now, it took a lot for Xewk to get angry, like, ACTUALLY angry. Right now, he wasn’t, but rather… annoyed, getting a bit more and more so as he followed Perses scent around the borderline. It was as if the teen was doing a border patrol. ”Interesting…” Now why would he be doing that?

He followed the scent trail to find Perses had sat down, and summoned a creature. Apparently the bird called itself his familiar. ”It’s getting more interesting around here.” Xewk waited for their conversation to end before walking up attempting to sit a few feet away from the teen, a neutral expression on his face. "Well, you must think of a good name if it is to stick around you forever. Sometimes good names are not always quickly, take your time and think of one that you both enjoy.” He gave a pleasant smile, though it was masking his feelings. He was quite good at it. "Now with that out of the way. What brought you to the borders today?” His tone held curiosity, he did not know about the teen’s new position in the Valkyrja or the teens reasoning on why he was doing border patrol. He then gave a loud call out for Perses guardian/ adult figure/ teacher or anyone who may be perceived to be in charge of the teen.

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it and they frequently get re-injured if he is exercising too much, speaking too much, or being too loud vocally. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Perses
Male
Valkyrja Cadet
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.00 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 03:27 PM by Perses.)

In the shock of the summoning, Perses didn't notice how weirdly the raven spoke. At this point, he might as well thought that all ravens spoke in such a manner. Her words were spoken differently, it was weird. But he rolled with it.

Crimson and red eyes turned to the newcomer to their conversation. It was the king, Xewk. He said they should name "it" if the raven was going to be around forever.

"I'm a she for hell's sake!" the raven snapped. The massive wolf looked mortified. That was the king! 'That's the king!' he thought horrifed and the raven stiffened. With all due respect, sir," she said hastily and bowed.

Did the mountain lion not know? "After that...scuffle...with Valravn, Frigga --- Queen Frigga -- sent me to Regalia. She...drafted me...into the Valkryja. " The beast used Regalia's unfamiliar word. "I'm doing my...job."

"So, what ya gonna name me?" the raven interjected. She hopped impatiently on his back.

"Uh...Uh...Crowley," he stammered. The raven stared at him for a long minute.

"I'm a raven."

OOC:
Her name is Crowley! And she speaks in an accent similar to David Tennants from Good Omens. Rushed post! Sorry!

dia-74 @DA | Table by Silverfrost

Perses's Spiranima is named Crowley: A large female raven with red eyes who sounds like Crowley from Good Omens.

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11.5) years
Height: 35 in
AP: 357AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 131 lbs

Regalia walked the borders when a familiar scent (and a familiar voice) caught her attention. She trotted forward and found Perses chatting with a cougar that Perses called the King. Right. Frigga's man, wasn't he?

Then, Perses said he was doing his job.

Regalia squinted at him, as if that would somehow alter what she'd heard him say. “You're doing yer what now?” she asked, clearly baffled. She tried to recall their conversation, tried to theorize how he'd concluded she wanted him doing border patrol. Maybe this was her fault? “Perses, I told yah to get to know your new fellows -- other members of the army. Maybe do some practice spars. I definitely don't recall orderin' yah to hover on the borders alone.”

She wanted to turn to the Verja King and swear that she hadn't ordered a kid to do porder patrol. However, she just had to hope he believed her explanation.

Action | "Speech" | Thought | Element |
stock images taken by Dawnthieves.

Wears a silver ring with blue topaz gems and a bracelet made of tiger eye gemstones with a golden lion head.

Vitani
Female
Valkyrja Warrior
Wolf
© Marissa
4 (10.25) years
Height: 35.5 in
AP: 28AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 130 lbs

Vitani Shae

I just hope you're lying next to somebody
Who knows how to love you like me
There must be a good reason that you're gone

Vitani could be found wandering the borders. She wasn't exactly marking them, but making sure that there wasn't anything that seemed off. As far as she was concerned, there wasn't anything that was of concern. Well, that was until she heard unfamiliar voices. She would be the first to admit that she wasn't very social, despite her being in groups. Most of the time, she had kept her mouth shut unless she had something to say. And she hadn't really mingled with others. The only time that she could recall that she had was when Jelani had been with her in the Eldr. Not wanting to think about Jelani, she banished him from her thoughts.

He was gone. She wanted nothing to do with him, though she did not regret having her kids that he sired. She could never fault them and they were in the dark of who their father exactly was. That was what she wanted to keep and she would at all costs. She had been walking around in lion form (due to shift). She hadn't exactly left the form. She could spend weeks - months - without returning to her birth form.

She appeared at the little gathering to notice that there was a cougar - who she was pretty sure that she met at one point but who could say - a wolf teenager and Regalia. The lioness would move until she stood beside Regalia, noticing the almost dumbfounded look upon her face. "I didn't realize that we were offering training for such duties at this age. Hm, maybe we can have our cubs join?" Obviously, she was being sarcastic. She didn't know if the cougar would be able to tell but she was certain that Regalia would. Most of the time, what came out of Vitani's mouth was dry humor and sarcasm.

"Speak."
Lion01

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Or do you need more?

Xewk patiently waited for the teen’s reply, however he was not expecting the raven to be the one to reply back. Her outburst caused Xewk to raise an eyebrow at he watched the teen look mortified, then the crow stiffen, and then apologize. However he did not comment back, there was no need to.

Perses began explaining the situation to Xewk, however he used two names that Xewk was unfamiliar with. He was smart though and could figure out from what he himself had seen and ‘scuffle’ that Valravn was the teen Perses had pinned down in what he had believed to be an attempt to protect Frigga. As for Regalia, the word ‘Valkryja’ didn’t ring a bell immediately, however the word ‘drafted’ did. Due to his old life in Renju ta 'l-Għadam he knew what an army was, he knew what the word drafted meant, though it wasn’t the word he would have used exactly. However that meant Regalia was in charge, of at least him, if not the whole army, though seeing the population here, the kingdom’s army would definitely be different than Renju ta 'l-Għadam. Perses finished up his explanation with stating that it was his job. So this Regalia had told him to do border patrol? Hmm..

Perses and his new avian friend chatted about names, ending on an ironic one that did not seem to bother the female raven. Though it was a masculine name, funny how that didn’t insult her. But, that wasn’t Xewk’s problem, Perses was currently.

Before Xewk could speak a woman walked up causing Xewk to turn his head towards her, neutral expression visible for the moment. She looked as if she was squinting at the both of them.

“You're doing yer what now?”

Xewk maintained his neutral expression, throughout her short speech. He learned that it was indeed an army, that Perses had indeed spoken with her, meaning she was Regalia, and she was claiming that she had told Perses to do no such thing. He also learned what she had told him to do instead.

This development was… interesting. But before he could speak again another woman decided to join the apparent party. Xewk had no clue who the heck she was, but he did pick up on the dry humor she spat from her mouth. He got the point. Deciding, just in case these two ladies had no clue who he was he decided to introduce himself, before he spoke towards Perses. ”Hello there. My name is King Xewk Langas, Queen Frigga’s mate.” He gave a small smile as nodded his head trying to be polite.

Xewk then turned his head back towards Perses and sighed softly, ”So… this is how it is going to go. I am a firm believer in being blunt to those either deserve it, can take it, or cannot listen otherwise. Which of those you are at this point, doesn’t matter. That… Scuffle? I was there watching everything, not sure if you realized that. I would have stepped in at any moment if deemed necessary. But I believe in the abilities of my mate and Thora and am positive they could defend themselves even if I had not been there, hence why I did not need to approach. While your intentions may have been nice, you are underage, and you interfered with something you had no business even being near. You purposefully stepped between a rogue and the borders, pinning them between you, Frigga, and Thora. That was stupid and dangerous, not only for you, but for Frigga and Thora. That shows your lack of planning, your lack of predicting your enemies moves and your lack of safety, no matter what your intentions were. So Frigga sends you to Regalia here, for training so you could become better.” Xewk pauses for a moment as he sits down and clears his throat. This was going to run his throat raw. He just knew it.

”And… now we find you here at the borders again, patrolling, by yourself this time. What if we had found you dead? Now, I will give you a chance to explain, would you like to explain to me… where you got the idea that it was your job to do border patrol?” He was annoyed with the teen’s behavior, but he kept that hidden. No use in yelling at the kid, Xewk couldn’t yell anyways. Calling out once for someone was different, but yelling out a conversation, his throat would die.

Xewk cleared his throat tasting a bit of iron in his mouth again before he grumbled in Old Norse towards the women, ”You call a medic and you can bet they’ll be healing one of you instead.” His tone of voice, whatever was left of it held amusement. Honestly, these ladies probably could knock him clean on his rear in a second. But he figured the joke would let them know he was fine. He did hate his old wounds, but doing border patrol followed by a call, and then a long winded speech that was surely nowhere near done, his poor throat was struggling to behave.

"Talk here."
MTSOfan

Xewk has a brand of a ♅ on his right hind leg. He has a large claw scratch scar on the length of his neck. His vocal chords are permanently messed up due to it and they frequently get re-injured if he is exercising too much, speaking too much, or being too loud vocally. While he still maintains a Maltese accent his voice is gravely and rough. He is also missing the tip of his tail.

Perses
Male
Valkyrja Cadet
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.00 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 10:23 PM by Perses. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: fixed tags again & OC note )
Silverfrost
  • Terribly sorry for the wait!
  • Some uses of sh*t in the thread~
  • Please let me know if I need to edit since Perses may have reacted to things in the wrong order.
  • No posting order if that works for everyone! <3
  • @Marissa I assumed Vitani would have the Valkyrja "tat". Whack the ever-loving heck out of me if she doesn't <3
  • @Avocado I assumed Xewk said what he said in Norse?

Perses did not expect things to blow up as quickly as they did. Soon, they found themselves joined by Regalia and a lioness. He got to his feet.

Crowley watched shit hit the fan. She hopped closer, almost on Perses's head. She wanted to see what was going to happen but also feeling a bit protective.

The red-eyed male didn't have much time to explain himself as the commander asked him why he wasn't meeting his new Valkyrja member. 'Well, the lioness had a Valkyrja arrow so it counted? Just as Eagla had introduced herself as a member of the Valkyrja; meeting before Regalia drafted him. Did that could as well?'

'Possibly, depending on how well you can defend it,' the raven responded through thought. She enjoyed loopholes but didn't know how far up shit creek the wolf would get himself. It counted, didn't it?

The duo-colored male was confused as to whose "cubs" these were. She said "our" to Regalia? So, they were mates? That was nice; it probably explained a lot of her actions towards him.

Crowley's head tilted in interested.

The massive wolf didn't remember seeing Xewk there. But then he remembered, mountain lions could climb. 'He had been there?' Why hadn't he made it known? He couldn't have known that. He looked dumbfounded.

The raven was thinking similar thoughts. Taking what Xewk said and what Perses thought. So was Perses supposed to sit on his arse and hope that the mountain lion was around to defend Frigga? What was the point of there being some damn army when she had her own personal bodyguard? So she voiced them.

"How could he have known you were there?" she asked, keeping her tone as respectful as possible despite her anger. Although her feathers were a bit puffed up.

The crimson-eyed male hadn't seen the danger at the time. He figured, yeah, he'd trapped Valravn. But the guy was young -- as old as he was -- and seemed more likely to want to leave than anything. And he had been right. He figured from what he saw from the fight, the guy was untrained.

"I figured Valravn wanted to leave," the red-eyed male thought. "He hadn't fought back against the claiming and wanted to leave more than anything else. He probably would've ran given the chance and he seemed like he'd never really fought before. He charged with his head down and took a breath while doing it." It seemed crystal clear to him. It helped that the male had been in the other's paws before. He learned what not to do and how to combat that kind of move. He hadn't asked the white and black male to confirm.

But, the male knew what could happen if he spoke back to the king -- an alpha. So he said, "I'm sorry." And hung his head low as Crowley migrated to his shoulders.

Crowley had nothing to add but from what Perses was thinking, she understood his point of view. She figured one shouldn't speak back. 'Be patient,' she told him through their link. 'They'll learn not to underestimate you.'

The massive wolf didn't think he'd be dead if they were to find them. He'd survived this far on his own and was almost an adult -- in their eyes. And he had been fighting for himself and others for a while.

And then it was time for the cream and chocolate beast to explain the other part. "In my mother's pack, we had Epsilons -- Warriors -- and they patrolled the borders as well as fought for the pack." He sat down. "I figured that that was what the warriors of this pack -- kingdom -- were supposed to do."

Image from Pexels

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (11.5) years
Height: 35 in
AP: 357AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 131 lbs

Vitani appeared, and Regalia had to bite back a grin at the idea of making their cubs do border patrol. They'd annoy ever rogue into leaving. Wouldn't most kids? Ha. Then, the cougar introduced himself as King Xewk. “Yo. Commander Regalia at yer service.” She mostly worked with her parents and Frigga when it came to security, but it would be good to get to know him as well. He was blunt when he replied to Perses. Regalia had to give him respect for talkin' straight. The bird of Perses' (or friend?) asked how Perses was supposed to know that. Regalia left that for Xewk to reply to. Instead, she focused on what Perses said.

Oi, he was thick. Good thing he was handsome because his brains certainly weren't gonna attract companionship when he was of age.

“Aye. That's what the actual warriors do here too. You're a cadet. You gotta prove yourself capable of fighting, following orders, and working with your sisters before I make yah a warrior.” He hadn't seemed eager to be part of her army, so why was he doing this? Was he trying to act so incompetent that they would relieve him of his new rank?

Action | "Speech" | Thought | Element |
stock images taken by Dawnthieves.

Wears a silver ring with blue topaz gems and a bracelet made of tiger eye gemstones with a golden lion head.

Vitani
Female
Valkyrja Warrior
Wolf
© Marissa
4 (10.25) years
Height: 35.5 in
AP: 28AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 130 lbs

Vitani Shae

I just hope you're lying next to somebody
Who knows how to love you like me
There must be a good reason that you're gone

Vitani could only assume that it was a good thing that she knew Regalia so well. Because she knew that the female wolf was attempting to hold back a grin. The lioness, however, didn't have the same qualms. She kept an easy smirk upon her face. She wasn't sure what would happen to the Kingdom if the children ran the place. Probably all hell breaking lose. Because a kid's attention span at any sort of age was small. They got easily distracted, asked questions that weren't important to adults but meant the world to them.

Heh, maybe they'd actually be able to weed out those that weren't serious about finding a home with endless child questions. Her ears flicked as she was greeted by the male cougar. The lioness dipped her head in greeting. "Warrior Vitani." She didn't offer her other status. She cared little what others might think or what they might judge. Her attention turned toward the wolf when the teenager started to speak.

Well, maybe it was the crow that spoke, Vitani wasn't exactly sure. Nor did she exactly care. She didn't have much to offer at the moment. She followed the lead of Regalia, dismissing the words that the bird spoke, intending for Xewk to answer it. The boy then started to offer words - an explanation? - about where he had come from. Trying to bite her tongue, she kept her silence. She had a quip for the boy but she'd wait for the best opportunity for her to speak her fill. Right now, it was on Xewk and Regalia to handle it.

She didn't miss the use of Old Norse from Xewk and she almost whined that she was the only one that didn't know it. She bit her tongue on that too. If she started whining, she would be no better than her cubs. Scary thought. She meant... what perfect little angels.... Yeah, good thing they weren't reading her mind right now - that she knew of.

"Speak."
Lion01

Xewk
Male
Verja King
Cougar
© Avocado
4.5 years
Linked Accounts

Xewk Lanġas

Tell me somethin', girl,
Or do you need more?

Xewk was not expecting the bird to answer for Perses. Her feathers puffed up with anger. ‘How could he have known you were there?’ Xewk wasn’t sure how to react to that. Not because he had anything to hide, but he just learned a vast amount of information, from one sentence. He did not even think the teen or raven realized it. The raven had not been there when Perses tackled the other teen, and the words the raven used, told Xewk they were speaking nonverbally. Meaning, they had a telepathic connection… and Perses was not saying stuff out loud, but the raven definitely got angry enough to lash out. Which meant… Perses was not sorry. At least, that is how Xewk saw it. He narrowed his eyes at Crowley letting her get a glimpse of how her outbursts were irritating him before quickly resuming a normal look. Yeah, he was not playing games anymore, he was already too old for this.

He watched Regalia, letting her speak, holding his tongue on anything for a moment. She was a commander, he did not need to overstep into her area, however he was going to make things very clear to Perses. He was glad he was giving his throat a bit of a break. His old vocal wounds were showing their ugly face. His vocal chords felt raw and his throat was bleeding a bit, he could taste the iron. But he had a job to do. Once Regalia got done talking Xewk took in a breath through his nose and looked at Crowley and Perses.

His voice held some strain in it, but he did not show the pain he felt as he spoke. ”I am only going to say this once. This is the second time you have lashed out verbally at me Crowley. There will not be a third time. Immediately unsummon your spirit animal. That is an order. If you have complaints Perses vocalize them, do not let others speak for you. Therefore she leaves, or I am sure one of these ladies here will make her. I will not be lashed out at in such a manner when I have done nothing to deserve this anger. I was sitting only a short distance away, sitting next to a tree, in plain sight of everything Perses. You could have used your eyeballs and looked around, I was not hiding.”

Xewk would then clear his throat and swallow the blood. He was not going to spit blood in front of people. He could call for a medic later. ” Regalia is correct in what she says. You are under her command, you must listen to whatever she says. Using your logic of your homelands, and these Epsilons… or warriors. That tells me you had specific names for your warriors. Which leads me to assume not everyone was a warrior, they were picked for specific reasons, whatever your homelands reasons were. Commander Regalia and Warrior Vitani here were picked for specific reasons, just as Queen Frigga, Thora, and myself. Now, I want you to tell me… what made you think two people the kingdom had specifically chosen to deal with people at the border couldn’t handle one teen rogue. What about Thora and Queen Frigga specifically made you think they couldn’t handle him? What made you step in?” He raised an eyebrow curious as he cleared his throat once again. Frigga was going to be upset that his throat was getting trashed.

"Talk here."
MTSOfan