Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Autumn Year 10
Oct. 16th - Nov. 30th

Realms
the Verja
the Algiz
Kamar-Taj
Aldrnari
Havok
Vipera
the Coalition
Open
Open
Open

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Oct. '19
Character
Diablo
[played by Dikui]
Thread
Trick or Treat &
Zombie Ape

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome truffles

Grim
Male
Rogue
Other mammal
© 000
1.75 years
Height: 9 in L
AP: 130AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 0.6 lbs

truffles

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 02:59 PM by Grim. Edited 4 times in total.)
A frustrated Grim rustled noisily through the litterfall, his ears burning hot, his tail red as coals under the fire. He was starved for good food. It wasn't that he didn't know how to forage, but these were strange lands. How was he supposed to know what was or wasn't toxic without the help of the colony? There wasn't a single trace of scent to tell him what was safe and what was not!

"Their fault," the rat grumbled to himself, smelling the moldy underside of a decaying leaf before turning up his nose in disgust. "Not mine. No, I'm fine. Fabulous!"

Hearing his own voice echo in the misty winds, he fell suddenly silent. Grim sat up and sniffed the air, ears perked. He was a rat all alone. He needed to keep his wits about him.

Grim crept between the roots of a pine, snaking his way across the forest floor from one hideout to the next. How long was he supposed to go on like this? A lone rat was a dead rat. There had to be other rats somewhere. There were always more rats.

OOC
"echo": ventriloquism

Rani
Male
Rogue
Other bear
© Lightwood
3 years
Height: 58in
AP: 24AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 330lbs

RE: truffles

Embrace reality, even if it burns you

He didn't know where Cinders had gone off to and it was starting to worry him. He didn't know where to look either so he stayed in the valley, hoping that she would come back to him. She hadn't. So, he moved to a different location in hopes of spotting her. Maybe he could even gather a search party.

Because he was so silent he was able to pick up a voice in the wind close by. Curious, he went towards it only to find a rat. Rani stopped and observed for a moment. He'd never seen something to tiny before. What was he supposed to do with it? The giant polar bear had only spotted the tiny thing because of its coloration against the tree. He decided to engage in conversation. "Need help? Lost? Hungry? Thirsty? Or just tired?" He didn't know how he could help provide any of the things he listed, but it was better to ask than assume.

Maybe, if he was lucky, the small creature could help him look for his little wolf pup.

Actions | "Speech" | Magic

Grim
Male
Rogue
Other mammal
© 000
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 07:51 PM by Grim. Edited 3 times in total.)
The ground growled and a deep voice boomed beside him. Grim rolled back in surprise.

"Starved!" he gasped, gathering himself quickly. He began to scramble for shelter, only to pause, looking around in confusion. Where had the voice even come from? It was so loud, he had assumed that it'd come from right next to him, but he wasn't smelling anyone.

He did notice something big and smelly and white that he was sure hadn't been there a moment ago, but couldn't imagine it to be anything other than a fluffy plant, maybe an oversized cotton ball or an extraordinarily pale tumbleweed. He'd never met an animal of such girth before, so it simply didn't cross his mind that the thing could even be an animal at all, no matter if it did smell suspiciously beastly.

"I...may be a little lost," he admitted quietly, sniffing the air. The stench of the strange plant was overwhelming, in fact clogging the air so that it was nigh impossible to pick out any other scents. He peered at the "plant" curiously, wondering if perhaps the mysterious speaker was buried within those pale fibers. He approached the mass silently, cautiously, whiskers forward. He tried to gnaw some of the fibers as a test, unknowing that they were the hairs on the leg of a bear. His muscles were taut as a bowstring, ready to scuttle for safety the second a threat or dangerous unknown presented itself.

He asked, "Where is the closest colony?"

Rani
Male
Rogue
Other bear
© Lightwood
3 years
Linked Accounts

He watched the creature creep up and play with a few hairs on his front legs. Interesting. A bold move for such a small thing. Rani lowered his head to look at the rat more closely. His expression almost looked bored, but that was just how his face always looked. "There is no colony here." Not that he knew of anyway. His head tilted, the scarred side of his face showing. Blue eyes half-lidded. "There is no such thing as a little lost. You either are or you aren't. Which is it?" He didn't mean to come off as intimidating, but with such a large stature and a deep, booming voice to go with it it was hard to appear as but intimidating. Such was the life of a harden soldier.

"What is your name? Maybe I might be able to help." It wasn't a promise in anyway that he would help, but he really didn't have anything else to do besides look for Cinders. She couldn't have gotten very far, right? She had such little legs compared to him.

Grim
Male
Rogue
Other mammal
© 000
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 09:20 PM by Grim. Edited 1 time in total.)
Grim froze when something fell from the plant---that wasn't a plant. He could feel hot breath cascading over his body and see flesh glinting around great blue eyes. That wet black thing could have been a big berry, but he knew well enough now that it wasn't: there was something moving underneath it, and it was lined with sharp teeth.

He resisted the urge to widdle himself. Miraculously. He was, in every sense of the phrase, lucky to be alive. Grim swallowed. Well, he wasn't being chomped on at the very least, so the creature seemed friendly.

"You're huge!" he blurted, backing up into a shallow hole formed by two roots crisscrossing over one other. It took him a moment to still his rattled nerves. He released a deep breath. "Sorry, sorry!" he said quickly, hoping he hadn't offended the mutant beast. The trees were so gigantic in this forest, so perhaps it was normal for the animals to be, as well? That might explain why there was no colony as the monster stated, as hard as that was to believe. Maybe the rats here were extra secretive, given everything was no enormous? Were they buried deep underground, or hiding high up in the trees?

"I'm Grim," he said, trying to recollect his thoughts and remember the stranger's words. "Fine, yes, I'm lost." It almost came out in a huff, like he was ashamed to admit it. "Who are you? And why are you so big?" he couldn't help but add.

Rani
Male
Rogue
Other bear
© Lightwood
3 years
Linked Accounts

The rat hurriedly backed into the roots of a tree, probably afraid. Though, if their roles were reversed Rani would be scared too. Though he'd never admit to such a thing. The rat exclaimed how big the polar bear was before apologizing. "It's fine." He was offended by any means. The rodent was simply stating facts.

The rat was called Grim. He even admitted to being lost. Okay, no harm done. "My name is Rani, i'm a polar bear. Bears are just naturally big. There are all sorts of creatures ranging in size. Some big like me. Some tiny like you." There wasn't really much else to say on that matter. It was simple, really.

"Where do you come from?"

Grim
Male
Rogue
Other mammal
© 000
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 09:56 PM by Grim. Edited 3 times in total.)
The stranger, introducing himself as Rani, explained that he was a polar bear---clearly a mythological creature---and that some, like him, were simply big.

"Mm," Grim said. He was unconvinced that this was normal.

He was caught off-guard when Rani asked where he came from. Grim, nervous again, thought about that for a little bit before finally saying, "I just said I was lost, didn't I?" Somehow, despite being leagues smaller, he still managed to be a smart-mouthed little bugger. "If I knew where I'd come from, I wouldn't be lost!"

The rat, muttering, turned full circle in his hole. This was dictated by simple impatience and nerves. He poked his head out, dark eyes glimmering under the forest's spotty sunlight, and pointed his nose at Rani.

"Where are you from? Must be somewhere really big," he said, thereafter shrinking back with hunger pains. He moaned, "Oo...is there anything to eat around here? I don't think I've ate for a whole day!"