Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Autumn Year 10
Oct. 16th - Nov. 30th

Realms
the Verja
the Algiz
Kamar-Taj
Aldrnari
Havok
Vipera
the Coalition
Open
Open
Open

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Oct. '19
Character
Diablo
[played by Dikui]
Thread
Trick or Treat &
Zombie Ape

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Open
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Borders Your Heart Was the Casualty

Eskil
Male
Rogue
A. wild dog
© Seeley
5 years
Height: 27 in
AP: 20AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 85 lbs

Your Heart Was the Casualty

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 09:45 AM by Eskil. Edited 1 time in total.)

E S K I L

"We were broken and bleeding but never gave up
And I hate that I made you the enemy
And I hate that your heart was the casualty"

Beryl blue eyes blinked slowly as he stared down into crystalline water of the lake that he'd been resting next to, wings pulled tightly to his sides. He was lost in thought, the wheels of his mind churning as he went over the events of his life that had led him to this point. All he could feel was remorse for fleeing his home, for leaving his family behind, and never looking back up until now. How was his family doing? Were they all still doing well? Did they even miss him after he had abandoned them? A frown creased his maw as he lowered himself to his belly, his crown dropping to bring his nose to the surface of the water.

His nose touched the one in his reflection, the disturbance distorting his image as the surface of the lake rippled. He wouldn't blame them if they hated him. He had been young and reckless, his failure to live up to his ambitions leading him away from his home in a fit. Anger had driven him to walk farther than he had thought possible, his paws never ceasing their endless wandering for months to come. For a long time, he didn't think about home or about how lonely he was. Now that he was older, more mature, he was able to look back at the error of his ways. All he could feel was disgust.

A scowl crossed his features then, ears painting firmly back against his painted skull as he lashed out at his reflection. It disappeared from view with a violent splash. He couldn't stand to look at himself any longer. He reeled away from the lake, determined paw steps carrying him away from the distant land as he turned his brilliant blue gaze in the direction of home. It was time to return home, to answer for the wrongs that he'd done, and to beg - no, he would grovel if he must - for forgiveness. He expected none for his transgressions were many, but he was a Dame. He must try to make this right and should he be allowed to come home, he would do everything in his power to make it up to the family that he had abandoned.

His determination would not falter nor would his ambition allow him to waver. His mind had been made up. His limbs began to carry him in the direction of home where he would face a jury who would ultimately decide his fate.

His journey was long and the nights longer still, but he did not slow down until his home was within his sights. There, on the horizon, he could see the pink blossoms of the Cherry Blossom Square. He had grown up here alongside his littermates, could remember playing among the trees and roots. He had been raised by parents who had taught him right from wrong, a stern father who expected great things of him, and a kind father who loved them no matter what. His emotions began to swirl behind glossy beryl eyes as he approached, a knot beginning to form in his throat as he drew closer to the borders. He still didn't know what he would say of do - but he figured he would find the words by the time he arrived.

He paused outside of the borders as tears collected in his eyes, tears that his pride would not allow to fall. Inhaling one deep breath his eyes would close for one final moment of thought before he pointed his nose toward the ground, and released three barks to summon someone to him.

He was home, but he had no idea of he would be welcomed. Only time would tell.

"Speech"

Plant 0/3-Air 0/3-Earth 0/3
Shift 0/1-Wings 1/1-Ascension 1/1-Untraceable 0/1

Eskil sports a black mohawk. He has a white gem necklace with earth ruin markings that gives him Earth Magic. He also has a black and white banded ring, and has four orange and blue feathers on either side of his neck.

Nacek
Male
Rogue
A. wild dog
© Lizzy
7.25 years
Height: 30
AP: 12AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110

RE: Your Heart Was the Casualty

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 09:26 PM by Nacek. Edited 1 time in total.)
Nacek felt the creaks and pops of his bones as he moved. It was getting harder to get up each day but walking the borders was something that calmed him. It made him feel worthy. He let out a small cough before he lifted his head. A scent called him closer to the borders and he stopped. The male was familiar but he didn't remember where from. Like a dream, his mind was not as sharp as it used to be. "Wha' can I do ya fer?" Nacek looked at the male a bit more though the name did not come to him but he was sure that he'd met the male before! He just couldn't place it. Possibly a lone dog coming back home or something he didn't know.

As he looked closer at the male he frowned the guy looked ready to cry. "Ya ok? Wha's the matta?" He asked trying to cheer the young fella up. No one needed to be sad coming into the kingdom. This was a happy place. At least it was for him.

Jorunn
Female
Verja Resident
Cougar
© Amelia
1 years
Height: 30 in
AP: 74AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 94 lbs

They were at the kitchens when she heard the call. She knew by now that when a call came from the borders, if her mother was nearby, then she had to answer. So, feeling playful, she abandoned the sweet apples she was carrying and raced to the west. "Race you there!" she yelled.

Alarmed at the proclamation, Frigga's heart dropped. She dropped the food she was carring and hurried after her daughter. Each time her back feet hit the ground, she grit her teeth at the pain. She wasn't about to let her daughter race off alone, however. As they reached the borders, she slowed. "Do not do that again," she told her daughter in a whisper. When she looked up to see who was at the borders, she was surprised to find Eskil standing there...with a wild dog that almost looked familiar. "Eskil? Have you come home?" Until she knew, she wouldn't call for the rest of his family. She didn't want to see her son hurt further.

OC: Powerplayed Frigga, as I play her.

Eskil
Male
Rogue
A. wild dog
© Seeley
5 years
Height: 27 in
AP: 20AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 85 lbs

Eskil Dame-Fritjov

Sometimes the sins you haven't committed
are all you have left to hold onto.

Somebody was prompt when they answered his call, but it wasn't anyone he wanted to see. Hell, he didn't even know who they were. He squinted at them, beryl blue eyes roaming over the wild dog's features as he tried to place his face with a name. When he came up empty-handed he sighed, ears flicking on top of his skull as he looked past Nacek to see if there was someone else trailing behind him, someone that he recognized. When he saw no one, he reluctantly returned his gaze to the man who had showed up. "I would like to speak to my family," he replied, his voice courteous, but disinterested in small talk. He wouldn't be able to relax until he took care of the business he had intended to take care of. He ignored the question about whether or not he was okay -- the answer was no. He didn't need to know that, though.

He was just about to ask the man to go find his father's when the familiar voice of his grandmother filtered into his ears. His skull whipped to the side to look at her, beryl eyes revealing uncertainty about what was going to happen. He didn't know who the tike was with his grandmother, but he wasn't concerned with that just yet. He dipped his head slowly in confirmation, his ears turning back a little bit. "Yes - if I'm allowed back, that is."

Text | "Talk."

Nacek
Male
Rogue
A. wild dog
© Lizzy
7.25 years
Height: 30
AP: 12AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 110

He looked at the male. He'd asked for his family but he didn't know who that was so he would be of no help. He frowned but it wasn't long before he saw Frigga. He'd caught her name in passing from all the kingdom meetings he'd gone to. That meant that the male was apart of the ruling family of royals. Which he'd been meaning to talk to one of the rulers. But now was not that time. "I 'pologize I am nah help, unless you'd like meh to be ah runner to get someone. But I'll take my leave. I don' wish ta intrude." He said bowing his head to them both. "Also royal Frigga, would ya find me afta?" He said in a scratchy tone before he would turn away from them.

He hoped the royals family member came back but he wasn't quite sure what was going on and his mind couldn't keep up. He was getting a headache from it so he attempted to walk away from them.

-Attempted Exit-

Jorunn
Female
Verja Resident
Cougar
© Amelia
1 years
Height: 30 in
AP: 74AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 94 lbs

The wild dog asked to speak with her later, and she dipped her head in agreement -- though she hadn't a clue how she'd find him later. Regardless, her attention remained fixed on Eskil. "Yes - if I'm allowed back, that is," was her grandson's reply. It made her heart ache.

"Móðir, who is this?" Jorunn asked.

She smiled down at her daughter. "This Eskil, your brother Rangvald's son."

Jorunn scrunched up her nose. She knew of Rangvald, but she hadn't seen much of him. He was scary (mostly because he was reclusive and mysterious).

Looking back to Eskil, Frigga said, "Seeing as I'm Queen again, I believe that decisions lies with me." She dared anyone to challenge her. She'd lost so many of her grandchildren. She would not lose Eskil as well. "So much has happened since you've been gone, but I hope you still feel the Kingdom is your home. Welcome back." She gestured him to come across the border and follow her away from where strangers might overhead them.

OC: Powerplayed Frigga, as I play her. She has not yet called for people to announce Eskil's reappearance. <3