Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Autumn Year 11
April 26th - June 15th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: April '20
Character
most humorous

Finlay
[played by Avocado]
Thread
To Malum We Unite

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private Two polar bears in the water

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.75 years
Height: 56 in
AP: 303AP
18 Attached Accounts

Weight: 300 lbs

Two polar bears in the water

Ealga was busy fishing in the river, waiting for the perfect moment to catch a salmon. She was hungry and being a member of the Valkyrja was not easy. While she was in the kingdom, she never met a single polar bear. She seemed to be a bit lonely, but she had a kingdom to help defend. The bear loved the feel of the water as she waited for a salmon to show up in the right place. Suddenly a salmon came quickly between her paws. She dove for it, snatching it right in her strong jaws. She quickly ripped it apart and started eating. The meat tasted so good on her tongue. She quickly finished the meal, licking the blood off her paws. She decided to move to a different spot to catch another. She repeated the process waiting for another fish to come. Catching fish was fun, and an easy way to get food. Chasing after prey was very exhausting. Waiting for fish to catch, was much easier. The female simply wanted to have an easy meal. She didn't want waste energy she used for her warrior duties, for hunting.

Rani

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

RE: Two polar bears in the water

Warriors should suffer their pain silently

Still, he had not seen hair nor hide of the young pup that he once took in many months ago. And in such cold temperatures without someone providing for her, Rani had to assume that Cinders had passed on the the great beyond. It was a bit disheartening, especially after he said he'd protect her. But he wasn't able to find her, wasn't even able to pick up a scent. It's like she vanished without a trace and that alone was puzzling enough. The man sighed. Really, he was hoping the pup would have provided him with some company. Many judged him on his appearance, his scarred face, and simply assumed ill of him. Though, what didn't help is Rani's stone cold attitude, but if only they'd stick around. Then they'd see him as a not so mean-scary-looking guy. Just a stoic one.

Rani's face remained blank and neutral as he saw another polar bear in the distance. In a river. So far, his only company had been Cinders and a small rat named Grim. Really, he needed to be with company more 'his size'. Rani was always worried he'd crush a little one. Well, anyone for that matter. The warrior moved to stand on his hind paws, his nose up in the air sniffing at the air. He needed to know if there was someone else around with the other polar bear. If there was, it'd be rude to interrupt, he'd leave. But there was no one else.

So he dropped back on all fours and curiously moved closer. Rani tried tilting his head in a way so she wouldn't see the scarred side of his face. An insecurity he still held near.

Actions | "Speech" | Magic

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.75 years
18 Attached Accounts

Ealga was about to catch another fish, when she saw a male polar bear near closer to her. He was obviously strong, she could see it in his physique. She also caught a glimpse of the scar he seemed to hide. There was no need for him to hide it. Scars were proof that you were a warrior. They were sort of a testimony. She walked closer to the bear, her strong feminine voice completely clear. "Hello. I am Ealga North, cadet of the Valkyrja and protector of the Kingdom of Gullborg. Who may I ask are you?" With her words said, she would wait for him to speak. She was very interested in the bear. She added something else before letting him say something, before she forgot. "There is no need to hide that scar. Where I come from, scars are a proud testimony. Those who have them have proven themselves in battle. They are the mark of a warrior. A man with no scars is less than a man with scars." That was the truth. The bear looked strong, and that partly turned her on a bit. But she just wanted to know who he was first.

Rani

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

"Rani, soldier of the Lagia Kingdom." He was about to at least say hello, but she mentioned his scars. Embarrassment clutched his cold heart. Scars are the mark of a warrior? While, yes, many other soldiers back home had much worse than him (some even missing limbs) Rani still felt as if he would have rather been blinded than to know he looked like this. Superficial, yes, but he had thrived off the doting attention the females he guarded gave him. They teased him endlessly about having a 'pretty' face, but after the incident they no longer said such things. They avoided mentioning altogether. Which, he supposed, was a small blessing in disguise. Now, Rani missed those women. They were near and dear to his heart, and the things they taught him would never be forgotten. With them, Rani felt as if he was able to grasp some of his boyhood back. The bear didn't have to fully succumb to the intense and cruel training his commanding officer often dished out, because he knew that when he went back to his post there were others he considered family waiting to talk, gossip, and joke with. It was a small part of his old life that had kept him sane.

The bear grunted and opened his mouth to speak. "Scars hold stories, I suppose." His gravelly voice rumbled from deep within his chest, a low baritone sound.

Rani thought about the story his own, ugly, scars told. How a moment of weakness ruined his face. The polar bear had been hesitant in killing the enemy prince, wondering if what he was doing was the right thing. The other male took advantage of it and clawed Rani's face right before the bear closed his teeth on the enemy's neck. Snapping it in one bite. The soldier understood then to never hesitate again.

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.75 years
18 Attached Accounts

Ealga had never heard of the Lagia Kingdom before. It sounded noble and prestigious, and it seemed to hold the hearts of fighters. When Rani said scars held stories, the female gave a delightful chuckle before speaking. "Well, scars do much more than hold stories and give testimonies. They show strength and so much more. Your scars seem to make me very interested you know. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get them?" She sat down to show she was listening. She wanted to hear this bear's story. She added something else before letting the male speak. "You know if you have promise as a fighter, the Kingdom of Gullborg could use a warrior. Or, you could join the army that serves the kingdom, known as the Valkyrja." She did not know if the bear would want to join, but he could have a home there instead of being a loner. That was his decision though. She waited to hear his story. As well as his answer to her offer.

Rani

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

She asked how it happened. As he expected she would. Rani was stupid, dense sometimes, but definitely not stupid. The polar bear hesitated before thinking, 'What harm could it do?' He stopped trying to hide the scars as he looked at her head on. Voice monotone as he spoke of the tale. "My commanding officer sent out a scouting group of about five men. The most elite of his soldiers. I was in charge of this group as we made our way into enemy territory. The Gaoyao Empire had been allies with the Lagia Kingdom for generations. They suddenly started killing our men after a disagreement of territory lines. I was sent in to assassinate prince Sun Hai. Though, before I could do it I hesitated. Not long before, I had been a guard for Prince Sun Hai and his siblings when they requested my assistance. It felt almost wrong. But I was given orders and I would do what I was told. He tried to blind me, but missed by mere inches. I killed him then." Rani paused, remembering the day. "A few of the men under my party were captured and tortured. But we did rescue them. They were honorably discharged from service."

The woman had mentioned a kingdom within these lands in possible need of warriors. That, Rani could do. He was trained to be a fighter. Ever since a young age, as soon as you were old enough to survive without the constant attention of a mother, the sons were sent to military camps. It was hard, rigorous training. Cruel in punishment as well if anyone stepped out of line. Rani was lucky to have never felt the wrath of the generals. No, he was quiet and observant. Learning from the mistakes others made. "Yes, i'll look into this army you speak of." Really, Rani missed the structure of an army. But maybe armies here in these lands wouldn't be as strict as the ones back in his homeland.

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.75 years
18 Attached Accounts

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 07:02 PM by Ealga. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ealga nodded at the end of is story. It seemed he went through great hardship. But hardship is what made creatures stronger. It strengthened the mind and the spirit. She spoke with enthusiasm laced in her voice. "Very well Rani. If you like you can follow me to the Cherry Blossom Grove. We will meet my commander there. She will tell you all you need to know about her army. Both the knights of Gullborg, and the warriors of the Valkyrja both have the same purpose. To protect the kingdom. It will be up to you on which one you pick. Would you like me to lead you there, Rani? It will be worth your while." She stood on all fours, waiting for his answer. It would be nice to have a polar bear besides herself in the kingdom. Someone she could look eye to eye with. Someone to share her strength with. And maybe in time, get closer to. She did not know if he felt the same interest she had for him. But if he did not, that was fine too.

Rani

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

The man grunted, acknowledging what the female said. Did he really with to travel right now? Not particularly. The polar bear still wished to hold on to last remaining bits of freedom he still had. "Not yet. I would like to enjoy my time here before making the trip." The man didn't know what he'd do if Eagla simply left him right then and there. Probably watch her go. It wasn't as if he needed her to show him the way to this army. Rani could ask around if it came to it.

Still, he wished to bask in the relaxation of his leave from the Lagia kingdom.

Ealga
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
Other bear
© Kachristmas3
2.75 years
18 Attached Accounts

Ealga nodded at Rani's response, hoping to see him again. She spoke, her Irish accent strong in her voice. "Very well. I suppose I should get going now. I hope to see you soon, Rani. Perhaps next time we meet, we will be comrades in arms. Take care." With that said, Ealga turned gracefully, but not before giving the male a warm look, with a hint of attractiveness in them. She would then walk off in the opposite direction, really hoping to see the male again. They were a lot alike. They both had a knack for battle, they both came from kingdoms, and they were both large bears. Though, she wondered how the male felt. If he did choose to join the kingdom, maybe she might see him more as just a comrade. Maybe, just maybe. Though, that was up to Rani and what he wanted. One thing was for certain though. She was definitely sure of what she wanted.

-Exit