Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 11
June 15th - Aug. 3rd

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: May '20
Character
most adventurous

Vox
[played by Dikui]
Thread
Diciples of Mother Earth

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private Different Directions [Hades]

Canute
Male
Coalition Companion
Tiger
© Amelia
2.5 years
Height: 38 in
AP: 309AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 210 lbs

Different Directions [Hades]

Canute Shae-Dame

Two hearts, one valve
Pumpin' the blood, we were the flood

Ivory paws carried him further and further away from the Kingdom. It was his first adventure on his own, and it felt like he'd been walking for days. His feet, legs, and shoulders were beginning to ache. He'd been taking breaks every so often, but judging by his aching muscles, it apparently hadn't been enough. This was the furthest he'd ever walked—the furthest he'd ever been from home.

Stretching, he eyed the rolling emerald hills before him. Going further was a bad idea, he decided. Climbing hills with aching limbs would be unpleasant. He'd stop here, rest, and head back when he was ready. It seemed a shame to head back so soon (after experiencing nothing), but he was hungry. He'd never hunted or fended for himself a day in his life (unless one counted going to the kitchens to fetch food for the family).

He was definitely sheltered, and that realization made him huff as he lied down in the sun-kissed grass. Pretty and sheltered, he thought with a snort.

"Speak."
elPadawan

Hades
Male
Coalition Duke
Lion
© Lightwood
5.25(6) years
Height: 42in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 220lbs

RE: Different Directions [Hades]

Hades Grimm
I'M EVERY NIGHTMARE YOU'VE EVER HAD, YOUR WORST DREAM COME TRUE, I'M EVERYTHING YOU WERE EVER AFRAID OF

His companions had met, so he left the savannah for a while. The lion couldn't stand to be in the same land for too long. This got boring so quickly. Hades needed excitement in his life. The grassy hills were different from his home. Lush and inviting. Though, against the vast green sea, there alone stood a white creature. Tilting his head, those crimson eyes squinted. 'Don't tell me...'

With a few deliberate strides, far and steady, Hades rolled his eyes. Another blasted tiger. What am I? A magnet for them?' The duke snorted before shaking his head. A polite smile fitting onto his face as he ventured closer. And, oh, what's this? A male tiger. Hades lifted a brow. How could a man be so beautiful? Wait, no. No one was beautiful. No way, no how. Best to get rid of those thoughts now, because that ain't gonna happen!

Inwardly groaning at his delima, the Grimm would call out in greeting. "Hello, flower." Weren't flowers beautiful and delicate? Yes, but no matter how pretty they could still hold thorns and toxins. One must be careful.

Action | "Speech" | Magic
stock images taken by Arno Meintjes, Valentin Delaye.

Hades is rated M for swearing. His thoughts and actions in no way reflect my own

His body is always ice cold, like a corpse, due to the passive powers of CHILL

Canute
Male
Coalition Companion
Tiger
© Amelia
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

Canute Shae-Dame

Two hearts, one valve

He heard the male before he saw him. Canute looked towards the approaching footsteps and found a male lion in his amythyst sight. A large man with a dark mane and dark circles around his eyes—that's what he noticed at first glance. Unfortunately, it was all he had time to notice before the stranger greeted him.

Flower?

His ears pinned, and his eyes narrowed. “Don't call me that.” Not the best comeback, but he wasn't trying to be cunning. He was trying to be forceful. And how exactly are you gonna back up your demand? You've never fought a day in your life. Thankfully, his size made him look fiercer than he was. Too bad his pretty fur undermined that... “Did you come over here just to harass me or...?”

"Speak."
elPadawan

Hades
Male
Coalition Duke
Lion
© Lightwood
5.25(6) years
Linked Accounts

Hades Grimm
I'M EVERY NIGHTMARE YOU'VE EVER HAD, YOUR WORST DREAM COME TRUE, I'M EVERYTHING YOU WERE EVER AFRAID OF

Hades dramatically gasped. Raising his brows in mock shock. "Me? Harass you? No, never, flower. I'm a proper gentleman." But that didn't mean he had to do what the tiger wanted. If he wanted, Hades could easily overpower the lad with his size and weight. The duke never dropped his polite smile. "Do you have a name, or would you fancy me calling you flower for the rest of our exchange?" Hades sat in front of the laying tiger. His crimson doing a once over of the younger man.

Really, could you blame Hades for calling the man flower? A pretty appearance demands a pretty name... right? Well, that's what the brute told himself.

Hades is rated M for swearing. His thoughts and actions in no way reflect my own

Canute
Male
Coalition Companion
Tiger
© Amelia
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

Canute Shae-Dame

Two hearts, one valve

Canute glared harder at the lion's mocking tone, especially when he called him 'flower' again. Proper gentlemen. Right. More like a proper asshole. Then, the lion asked for his name -- with the threat of calling him flower indefinitely if he didn't get it. Canute's first urge was to give in and introduce himself -- just to rid himself of the offensive nickname -- but he held back. He had to stand his ground, right? If he acted like a pushover, he'd be bullied.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours," he said sarcastically. Then, in a challenging tone, he asked, "Why do you need to call me anything, Blakkr? Or do you nickname every man you meet?" For all Canute knew, he did.

Suddenly uncomfortable, he sat up as he awaited a reply.

blakkr | old Norse | black; dark (adj)

"Speak."
elPadawan

Hades
Male
Coalition Duke
Lion
© Lightwood
5.25(6) years
Linked Accounts

Hades Grimm

The duke let out a harsh laugh. So this flower seemed to have its fair share of thorns. Which was good, he supposed. Others who just did what he wanted quickly and without question got boring quickly. No, hades preferred company that wouldn't fear talking back. It was more of his speed. Egging each other on, yes, now that seemed like fun. "Only the ones that are worth my time. Hades Grimm, duke of the Coalition." Crimson eyes twinkled with curiosity. He briefly wondered what he, in return, had been called, but he wouldn't ask. It wasn't as if he really cared one way or another.

Flower would sit up suddenly. The lion shifting back to provide more space between the two. After all, Hades really didn't like when others were too close. He wished everyone understood the need for a personal bubble, then everything would be just peachy.. "And, i'm starting to believe you almost enjoy me calling you flower. Typically, if you didn't like the nickname you wouldn't be so stubborn in giving out a real one. But, what do I know?"

Canute
Male
Coalition Companion
Tiger
© Amelia
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

Canute Shae-Dame

Two hearts, one valve

"Only the ones that are worth my time. Hades Grimm, duke of the Coalition."

Canute frowned, both at the implication that this man saw him as 'worth his time' and then at the mention of The Coalition. His ears flicked up with interest. Deciding one was more important than the other, he asked, "What's The Coalition?" Then, the Duke implied that he must like the nickname. "Ofstopi," he said, almost chastising. Hades seemed to have a high opinion of himself, but that wasn't necessarily a crime. Alternatively, maybe he was just certain of his power and prowess. "My name is Canute." Just Canute. No important title or whatever. He was just a resident of the Kingdom. Should he change that? Maybe one day.

ofstopi | old Norse | arrogant man (m)

"Speak."
elPadawan

Hades
Male
Coalition Duke
Lion
© Lightwood
5.25(6) years
Linked Accounts

Hades Grimm

When prompted about the Coalition, the male paused to consider the tiger's question. Was it genuine curiosity or just a desperate attempt at changing the subject. No matter, Hades would do his best to inform Canute. "the Coalition is a realm led by like-minded men. Gender roles are observed and such. Meaning that while the men are out running and protecting the realm their companions are home tending to the young. Maids do the hunting and cleaning." There, that was the basics, yes? Hades prepared himself mentally for any possible questions. Really, he just wanted to have a relaxing day away from realm business and such, but he would still do his duty and reach out to those near and far. Perhaps even snagging a few new members along the way.

The realm would need strong soldiers. Hades briefly thought back to Calax. Was the gray tiger strong?

Canute
Male
Coalition Companion
Tiger
© Amelia
2.5 years
Linked Accounts

Canute Shae-Dame

Two hearts, one valve

"Only the ones that are worth my time. Hades Grimm, duke of the Coalition."

Hades didn't hesitate to answer, and the way he said spoke nonchalantly of his realm's culture made Canute think that, for Hades, it was the norm. That it was normal for women to mind the home and young while men ran things. To Canute, it sounded so strange. He'd grown up with a mother who ran an army, after all, and his leonine mother was just as tough. There were tons of tough women in the Kingdom. Heck, their formal army was mostly female. Seeing no reason to keep his opinions to himself, Canute said wryly, "Doesn't sound like a place my fam would like." He sounded amused more than offended. It wasn't his realm, after all, and his mothers never had to visit it. If the women who lived in The Coalition didn't have an issue with it, they why should he? Then again, he had no idea how they felt... Either way, wasn't his business unless it was brought to his doorstep.

He didn't have to like it though.

"Guess it's just hard for me to wrap my head around. My ma would set fire to anyone that told her to stay home and mind the kids." A grin split his face at the imagery.

ofstopi | old Norse | arrogant man (m)

"Speak."
elPadawan

Hades
Male
Coalition Duke
Lion
© Lightwood
5.25(6) years
Linked Accounts

Hades Grimm

Not everyone was suited to live the lifestyle which the realm demanded. Hades understood and respected that. "It's okay, not everyone has to agree with it, but it is a safe place. A stable environment to grow and prosper. Depending on the man, the female can do as she wishes. With my companions, I care not what they do as long as they come home, stay loyal and such. Basic things that should be easy to follow." If they were in love with someone else? Hell, Hades wouldn't mind adding them to his little harem. Anything to keep them happy. Happy wife, happy life, right? Isn't that what his father used to say?

Hades briefly laughed at his description of his mother burning down the place. "A spirited woman. One can always respect that in someone." The lion thought back to a few of his father's wives. Some were shy, some were outspoken, and some were a mixture of the two. It was never boring back home.

Canute smiled. An interesting sight to say the least. Nodding along to his own thoughts absentmindedly Hades would finally ask a question, "How do you feel about it?"