Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 11
March 8th - April 25th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: March '20
Character
best relationship

Canute & Hades
[played by Amelia & Lightwood]
Thread
Come to Me &
Different Directions

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome An uncertain future

Bulf
Male
Legion Knight
Other mammal
© Brendan
4.25 years
Height: 66in
AP: 356AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 600lbs

An uncertain future

Bulf wandered the legion’s borders, carving a path through the forest on the northern border. Now that he could wander their lands without provocation, he could appreciate it’s beauty as he trudged through the dense undergrowth and innumerable trees. He speaks to himself in his native language, remarking at the world he has found himself in. [it’s so green and peaceful here, no predators to worry about, and the chance for animals to live in harmony with other species, if only all of my people could see this...] He trails off, remembering what had happened to his people, a great natural disaster. Due to his massive bulk and horns, he left stripped branches and trampled bushes in his wake, a result of unintentional destruction of his passing.

He continues his lone patrol, the mountain dominating the sky as he wandered the edges of whitebark woods. He stops in a clearing, and begins chanting a song, gutturally and deep in ugnaric as he charges around, as if practicing something, chanting to nobody but himself. He charges towards a tree, turning at the last moment to slam his side into it, breaking low branches. He backs away, snorting and pawing the ground, unknowingly casting #tremorsense#. His blue, icy eyes open wide as he notices every movement he makes with sudden clarity.

Bulf speaks a language only upholded by his tribe of furry rhinos, this language is called Ugnaric, handed down through the generations since the ice age, along with the names of creatures that prowled there. Being adapted to colder climates, bulf knows little of creatures that live in modern day warmer climes, he will regularly confuse modern species with extinct ones he was told about by elders, whom were told by theirs.
[ugnaric] ‘English’ #spell#

Anastasia
Female
Legion Resident
Tiger
© Raton
0.5 years
Height: 30in
AP: 48AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 195lbs

RE: An uncertain future

Anastasia moved through the Legion's woods, her paws making little to no noise on the soft grassy area. Her icy blue eyes were relaxed as was her body. She was content and peaceful. Already, just after a short while of being in the Legion she knew the lands like she did the bottom of her paw. She was out now just to be out, for the first time she wasn't looking for something to learn. She was looking for a place to relax, a place to play with her fire newt.

As she walked she found herself getting closer to the borders of the Realm. Her blue eyes traveled over the grounds in slight interest. She hadn't meant to come this far. Coming to a halt she looked around her and frowned slightly.. She did not feel like leaving the Realm's territory so soon again and just as she was about to turn around she caught the sounds of damage being done. Her ears twitched slightly and she started to move towards the noise. Something was in the Legion's territory and doing something rotten. Summoning her fire newt the little tigress nodded for her newt to follow along side her. As she neared , her eyes widened slightly at the sight of the beast. Tensing she stopped. What in the world is that! she thought to herself before letting out a tiny snarl.

"Just what do you think you are doing to that tree! You are hurting it! Ana said, her tone flat. While she knew that trees were not alive like they were she knew that plant life was alive to a certain extent and could feel pain. Moving closer she stared at the large beast. "Who are you?"

"Speech"

OOC⟶ OOC
Anima: 0/2 | Necromancy: 0/2
Background by Mistress-Crow@DA | Tiger Stock from Pixabay | Table by Silverfrost

Bulf
Male
Legion Knight
Other mammal
© Brendan
4.25 years
Linked Accounts

Bulf’s enormous body swivelled to look upon the young tiger before him, lowering his head to be level with hers. His icy blue eyes gaze outward warmly under drooping eyelids of brown fur. He hesitates before responding, his sentences fractured and uneasy. ‘I... Bulf.’ ‘I sorry I hurt tree.’ He looks backward at the path he’d made through the forest, his unintended destruction ‘and other... trees.’ Although he spoke with a limited vocabulary, he was not doing it because of her age, but for his own limited English.

He swivelled his head back to face her and thought for a second, mulling over the phrase multiple times: ‘Who... you?’ He walked away from the tree towards her. His pace was slow and cautious, despite his massive size. He was trying to not appear like a threat to her, although he truly was, he thought that despite his induction into the legion, he would still be alone. He wanted to find friendships here, and he didn’t want to start by frightening what could be someone’s child. Truly, he didn’t know what he was supposed to be doing out here, although he had accepted the role of Knight and made the oath, he was still uncertain of his purpose. He kinda just walked around the border, hoping something would happen.

Bulf speaks a language only upholded by his tribe of furry rhinos, this language is called Ugnaric, handed down through the generations since the ice age, along with the names of creatures that prowled there. Being adapted to colder climates, bulf knows little of creatures that live in modern day warmer climes, he will regularly confuse modern species with extinct ones he was told about by elders, whom were told by theirs.

Anastasia
Female
Legion Resident
Tiger
© Raton
0.5 years
Linked Accounts

Ana watched as the massive animal turned towards her but she did not flinch away. Why should she? Her eyes narrowed at him and frown danced across her face. Was English not his first language? Why did he talk like that. The Child looked past Bulf and at the destruction that had happened. She suppose that most of it was by accident, considering his great size and all. Returning her gaze to Bulf, the little tigress stared up at him.

"My name is Anastasia Stormbringer. I am currently just a child in the Legion.. Are you a member of the Legion as well? I have not seen you before.." or anything like him. Had she been a normal child she probably would have been scared of him and run away but being one that wasn't normal the child found him interesting. What great power! His shoulders, his horn.. his own feet! She looked him and up down with interest before locking her eyes onto his. "It is interesting to meet you Bulf."

"Speech"

OOC⟶ OOC
Background by Mistress-Crow@DA | Tiger Stock from Pixabay | Table by Silverfrost

Bulf
Male
Legion Knight
Other mammal
© Brendan
4.25 years
Linked Accounts

He seemed slightly taken aback by her lack of fear, thus far, all whom he had encountered had at least been wary of his potential threat. Yet this child seemed to disregard his massive size or horns that reach further than her arms do. He did notice that despite her lack of fear, he was still seen as an oddity. All who met him had similar reactions: first fear, followed by curiosity at his absurdity. He wasn’t sure he liked the reactions, but he was becoming accustomed to it.

He pondered over his sentences before answering her, the new words still spoken with unease and fractured into syllables. ‘Hi... an-a-sta-si-a.’ ‘I... legion... knight.’ He pauses before continuing. ‘I new though.’ He hopes his limited vocabulary was enough for her to interpret his meaning. He shook his enormous form, hoping that her lack of fear would keep her here, despite his sudden movement to dislodge plant debris from his fur.

Anastasia
Female
Legion Resident
Tiger
© Raton
0.5 years
Linked Accounts

It seemed that his vocabulary was limited to what he could say but at least he knew enough to speak to others. The child was able to gather that he was now apart of the Legion, holding the title 'knight'. Anastasia nodded her head in understanding and watched as he shook his massive frame.

Again curiosity filled her, not fear. The child was intrigued by the massive size of this animal. She watched him curiously as her Newt 'ignited' and left the tiger cub's side. Twitching an ear she noted her fire newt's absence but seemed not to care. "Where do you come from Bulf? she asked as she sat down onto her rump, her tail curling over her paws.

"Speech"

OOC⟶ OOC

Bulf
Male
Legion Knight
Other mammal
© Brendan
4.25 years
Linked Accounts

Again reflecting upon her seeming comfort, he decided to also take a seat. As he transferred his weight to his hindquarters from his legs, his muscles ripples under the thick fur and his huge head went upward now that he could devote more energy to his neck.

He again paused before answering her, thinking over his words: ‘from far away... I think.’ He doesn’t really understand where Yavania is in relation to his home, or how he got there or would get back. ‘I came here from north, from snow.’ He winces as he remembers why he left his home, as if the memory caused him pain. ‘My home... gone.’ ‘So I came here.’ He stops, as if catching his breath. His minuscule ears twitch and he glances around before continuing: ‘big... snow storm.’ ‘I am alone now.’ He stops, and asks: ‘where... you from?’

Anastasia
Female
Legion Resident
Tiger
© Raton
0.5 years
Linked Accounts

From far away? How far was far away.. Anastasia nodded her head at his words. She listened closely as he went on to say his home was gone and that there was a snow storm and that he was now alone. Being the kind of child she was she wasn't able to feel sorrow for the large beast. She knew that she should feel something but was sure as to what it was. The beast was alone in the world, like she was in the beginning but the word alone meant different things to each of them. For her alone wasn't scary, she knew that being with someone was better but being alone didn't scare her like it would most kids her age.

Her ears twitched when she asked where she came from. "I do not know where I come from just that my mother is dead and Perses is my guardian. I have taken on his last name." the cub said,

"Speech"

OOC⟶ OOC

Bulf
Male
Legion Knight
Other mammal
© Brendan
4.25 years
Linked Accounts

He puzzled over his explanation further, wondering how to explain it better, both for the child and for his English. He seemed to sit still for a moment, and then spoke to her, hoping it would make sense. ‘I did not come from... Yavania.’ the word was still new to him and uttered with great care. He lowered his great head further to study her, his eyes warm and gentle, despite their harsh colour. He regarded her with sympathy, knowing what losing a loved one was like. Although she seemed to be impacted by her mother’s death little. He was happy to know that she was being looked after by somebody. He was concerned for her, although bravery is something to be encouraged, it should not grow into arrogance or reckless abandon. He decided to get off this morbid and depressing topic, and asked her ‘why you here?’ As the conversation continues, his awful vocabulary becomes more evident. ‘Should you be here?’ He asked these calmly, trying to make them simple questions rather than demands or prying. Truly, he had no idea where he was even supposed to be or what he should be doing, but he did know, from experience, that a child alone away from it’s guardian was in danger, even with him around.

Anastasia
Female
Legion Resident
Tiger
© Raton
0.5 years
Linked Accounts

The cub tilted her head and nodded. She wasn't sure if she came from Yavania or not she just knew that her mother was dead and that she had been in the mountains when she met Perses. She kept her eyes locked onto his, not even flinching away when he lowered his head to study her. There was no evidence of pain in her eyes when she spoke of the death of her mother, sure she loved her mother - or she thought she did but she wasn't bothered by the death for everyone died so why be scared of it. Why go around living with the fear of death, it just wasn't something she cared to do.

Anastasia frowned at his question. Sure she was young but her mind worked in ways that some adults minds didn't work. She was confident that she could keep herself at least somewhat protected as she knew what to avoid and what to approach. The little tigress shrugged her shoulders "Why am I here? Why are any of us here? Why are you?" the cub questioned back "I am merely continuing to learn about the lands that I live in so I may one day protect them from enemies." Ana said flatly "As for the question on whither or not I should be here, not this close to the borders I suppose but there is no harm being done as if I happen to see someone all I have to do is call for Perses or Queen Akeela and they will come, because they are protective of the young and their land here." Ana replied with another shrug of her shoulders.

"Speech"

OOC⟶ OOC