Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Autumn Year 11
April 26th - June 15th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: April '20
Character
most humorous

Finlay
[played by Avocado]
Thread
To Malum We Unite

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private When I was young, whatever happened it would do me no wrong
Randavae!

Perses
Male
Legion Duke
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.75 years
Height: 40 in
AP: 248AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180 lbs

When I was young, whatever happened it would do me no wrong

Perses was patrolling the borders of The Legion as he usually did. His Companion was perched on his back. He was a creature of habit. When the sun was high in the sky, he had completed his patrol. Now, he would head back towards the dens.

He was close to the dens but still in the forest. He was curious to see what the ring on his paw did. From his experience and observations with the Animal magic coming and going with the necklace, the collar providing him with water magic, and seeing Valravn's bracelet, the beast had reason to believe jewelry could have magic on it. Well, it was the magic of these lands. He wasn't sure how else to explain it. It was just Yavania and things were different.

The beast decided to sit down near a rock that was the size of his paw. He activated Stoneshape on the rock and with concentration, he began shaping it into a wolf standing and howling. He liked to create new things. Though he didn't have many ideas.

OOC⟶ Hello!
Stoneshape 
"This power allows the user to take a chunk of earth, or stone, around them and convert it into stone to shape as they see fit. This power does not work on sand. It only works on 8 foot diameter area at a time. The edge of this area must be within 10 feet of you. This move is not instantaneous, as it involves changing matter from one form to another, and takes concentration."
Psychic: 0/8 | Earth: 2/8 | Water: 0/8 | Electricity: 0/5
Companion: 1/1 | Camouflage: 0/1 | Chameleon: 0/1 | Telekinesis: 0/1 | Telekinetic: ∞ (0/1) | Dart: 0/2 | Messenger: 0/1
Lucky: ∞ | Eidetic Memory: ∞ | Investigator:

Perses wears a black leather collar with a raven pendant

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
1.75 years
Height: 28 in
AP: 946.5AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: 165 lbs

RE: When I was young, whatever happened it would do me no wrong

I was exploring the forest of Whitebark Woods, padding along the fallen leaves wearily.

I walked slowly, looking left and right every few seconds, taking in my surroundings. It was peaceful during the fall. The red leaves, dancing their way gracefully to the ground.

My tail held high, I continued my way through the winding trees, letting out a contented sigh.

A large silhouette caught my attention. The Beast? What's he doing here?

I decided to walk up to him. I didn't know much about the Beast, and I wanted to learn more about him, and all of the Legion's members.

I stopped a few meters behind him, looking past his large body to see an oddly-shapen rock.

What's this? I thought, stepping to my left to get a better view, straining my neck.

Is that natural rock? I've never seen one like it before.

I studied it from afar, leaves crinkling under my feet as I moved around. I wasn't very hidden, though I did try my best.

---------------

OOC: hello, Silverfrost! super excited!

Trembling in his claws. Always.

Perses
Male
Legion Duke
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.75 years
Linked Accounts

'You have company,' Abaddon's voice hissed in Perses's head. He sniffed the air, scenting Randavae. The beast turned to see the yearling studying the rock-wolf Perses had made. He smiled at the male.

"Hello, Randavae," the red-eyed Lord greeted. He turned to face the other wolf. He remembered the male had been skittish if not afraid of magic. Had he gotten over the fear? Or did he not know how the rock was shaped?

"How are you today?" the Stormbringer asked. He wanted to get to know the youths of the Legion. The male was almost full-grown. And was the adopted son of the Queen. Maybe he had changed since the last encounter they had had.

OOC⟶ Hello!
Psychic: 0/8 | Earth: 2/8 | Water: 0/8 | Electricity: 0/5
Companion: 1/1 | Camouflage: 0/1 | Chameleon: 0/1 | Telekinesis: 0/1 | Telekinetic: ∞ (0/1) | Dart: 0/2 | Messenger: 0/1

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

My ears perked up as the Beast turned to face me, greeting me pleasantly. He asked my well-being. I was too focused on the odd form in front of him to answer.

I blinked at the Beast, looking him up and down. My eyes were wide with conversation, though I did not actually voice any of it.

"Are you studying that rock?" I asked silently, starting towards him. My tail slowly lowered to the ground, the tip being ridden with thin blades of grass and small leaves as I walked.

I stopped about three feet beside him on his left paw side, sitting down gingerly. My tail fell limp to the ground, gently swaying into a comfortable position, nestled in the leaves.

I turned my focus back to the rock. My expression was both interested and confused as I calculated the possible reasoning for this bit of earth. You could almost see the thoughts scrolling past in my eyes.

---------------

OOC: (^v^)

Perses
Male
Legion Duke
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 03:17 AM by Perses. Edited 1 time in total.)

Randavae seemed more calm compared to the scared young wolf Perses had met. The beast sat down, facing the rock. He heard the yearling's question. He smiled and chuckled. The beast had been in Yavania for almost two years and he had become used to magic. It was almost like second nature to him.

"Experimenting with my Earth magic," the red-eyed Lord replied casually. He focused on another rock close by -- about three feet to the right. He activated Stoneshape again, shaping it into a catlike form, like a small tiger sitting down. He was thinking about Anastasia, his adopted daughter. Where was she? He hoped she didn't leave the lands again.

"Have you discovered your own magic?" the Stormbringer asked. He noticed everyone in Yavania, new and native, had magic. Valravn himself had come from similar wild lands and had gained magic. Perses had also been the same way. So it seemed possible that the youth had also found magic.

OOC⟶ Hello!
Psychic: 0/8 | Earth: 4/8 | Water: 0/8 | Electricity: 0/5

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

Experimenting with your Earth magic?

Already I didn't like where the conversation was going. The mention of magic always startled me. Though I still couldn't figure out what it had to do with the rock...

I barely had time to connect the dots before the Beast cast his magic on another piece of earth, morphing it into another odd shape.

My tail whipped around to follow my body as I jumped off the ground. So that was a result of this crazy magic stuff? I thought, a bewildered expression on my face.

The Beast asked if I'd discovered my own magic, to which I looked up past his head into the distance, thinking. My jaws parted slightly, a crease forming in my brow as I thought over what he meant.

You mean if I stay in this place long enough I'll morph into a freaky alien creature and start spewing out magic? Uh, no thank you!

After a few seconds, I looked back down to face the Beast, shaking my head in disbelief.

---------------

OOC: N/A

Perses
Male
Legion Duke
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 04:32 AM by Perses. Edited 1 time in total.)

It seemed Randavae still didn't like magic. The boy had a bewildered expression on his face. At least he wasn't freaking out. Perses watched with an Investigator's eye. The suggestion of the development of magic also wasn't taken well. They had a long way to go, didn't they?

If Randavae developed his own magic, it might not be good. Perses's Eidetic Memory allowed him to recall what Xewk said. Fearing magic -- especially your own -- made it more difficult to control. And it seemed like the boy wanted nothing to do with magic.

Why?

"Why do you fear magic? Has anyone ever hurt you with magic?" The beast's question was blunt as he wanted to know why the boy was so fearful. However it was not asked in anger but mere curiosity.

Before Yavania, Perses hadn't known what magic was. His own magic developed early, what seemed like his first moon. The beast was scared, but Regalia helped him through it. He had been scared but it took only a season or two to get acclimated. The boy had been in the Legion for over two seasons. Had he simply been avoiding all magic? Or had something happened to make him more fearful?

OOC⟶ Hello!

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

I shook my head again. Magic had never hurt me...it's just so...weird.

Anything I can't explain makes me stressed, and this has no explanation at all!

I felt small. I felt as if my feelings were meaningless, like they didn't make sense. I thought back to my father, my tail encasing my flank.

He'd say all sorts of stuff to me. The kind of stuff that makes you feel like an ant, surrounded by creatures the size of the Giant. The kind of stuff that makes you feel so replaceable.

That's not even related, Randavae...think, think.

I squinted my eyes shut, lowering my body to the ground. Eye contact grew harder by the second.

Less than two minutes ago you were fine but now you're not. Why? Because of the magic? What thing is stronger than the Worthes?

Can I call myself a Worthe?

My mother went by a different family name...Recuin, was it? The name never stuck with me.

She always called me a Worthe. Did she really think I was one? Or was it just pressure from my father?

I saw the Beast's feet through the whites of my eyes, to which I looked up at him, him towering over me as I was so hunched down.

I slid back up into a sitting position, staring at him with conversational eyes, though I did not actually speak. Very clearly, I didn't want to speak.

---------------

OOC: writing Randavae spacing out is really fun for some reason.

Perses
Male
Legion Duke
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 02:12 AM by Perses. Edited 1 time in total.)

Randavae didn't answer other than a shake of his head. No one had hurt him with magic? Then why was he so afraid? Perses was pragmatic and adaptable. Magic had slowly become a tool for him. He showed no fear of magic despite having never encountered it before.

Randavae went silent and Perses didn't know if he was there. This was going to be a long one, wasn't it? Did Akeela ever make him an Apprentice? Was this the reason?

It waa clear to the Investigator that the youth didn't want to speak. So Perses spoke.

"I arrived at Yavania when I was a year old. My mother had been killed a moon earlier by Rogues. My mother came from The North, past the Wall of Mountains. Her family-pack, The Stormbringers had a territory known as The Stormlands. It was hard living there and when Winter came, it brought scavengers and other creatures from Beyond the North. They had no magic, just teeth and claws. My family had two sayings, "Winter is Coming" and "The North Remembers". "Winter is Coming" is a reminder to ourselves to prepare for the future, adapt to whatever problem because there's always a bigger one up ahead. "The North remembers" wasn't so much as our family's phrase but one used by The North. I've always interpreted as a reminder to move on, just like my family's saying. Remember and learn from it." The beast paused.

"I came to Yavania knowing nothing about magic. But I got magic when I arrived. You may never have magic or it could develop. And fearing magic will make it difficult if not impossible for you to control it. And if you never develop magic, we still have people in this Legion with magic. If Theia or Evander develop magic and you get scared, it may cause them to think magic is to be feared and it will make it difficult for them to practice and learn to control it if you are afraid. My daughter, Anastasia, has Necromancy and she feels as cold as a corpse and can cause dread in those touching her. My best friend also has those same abilities. They are still good and their magic isn't something to be feared. Magic is a tool and in the use of someone good, it can be used to protect and help others." Perses paused his speech. He hoped Randavae had been listening. Or would respond.

OOC⟶ Hello!

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

My expression blanked. Too many words at once. Too much information. Too much everything.

The Beast's voice wasn't that of something interesting to listen to. It wasn't quite as sweet and tender as say, the Queen's. It was just...noise.

Using magic to "help" and "protect others" didn't sound all that interesting to me. I decided none of his words were interesting to me.

Instead of paying attention to him, I thought about questions. Rather, a very certain question I'd been longing to ask for a little while.

"Excuse me, but...can the magic feel fear?" I asked, a glint of curiosity swirling in my wide eyes.

An odd question, maybe, but I had my reasons. In my encounter with the two tiger cubs not too long ago, I came to a conclusion. The Beast will confirm my conclusion. It will be simple. Maybe then I won't be so scared anymore.

---------------

OOC: "my encounter with the two tiger cubs not too long ago" refers to the thread {Randavae} Strangers, specifically post #17