Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 11
June 15th - Aug. 3rd

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: May '20
Character
most adventurous

Vox
[played by Dikui]
Thread
Diciples of Mother Earth

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Jekyll and Hyde

Tlahtoani
Male
Rogue
Eagle
© Aorque
1.25 years
Height: 28 in.
AP: 268AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 4 lbs.

Jekyll and Hyde

Early in the morning, at the end of the fall season, cold bit through feathers and into skin. Shivering to stay warm and fluffing his feathers, Tlahtoani was perched in a hemlock tree by the river's south side, half-asleep. The Impostor won't find him here, he hoped.

He thought back as to why he was here, so far west of his original home. It had taken him a season of fleeing to get far enough away from the Impostor for him to feel safe. They had ruined his good life. Tlaht was a prince. Emphasis on was.

Hatched a royal and self-exiled shamefully. The story was complicated.

In his kingdom where he was from, the law of the land held that no royal was to hunt. Hunting was the job of the Stoop. Royals had used to hunt for sport and game tended to be in short supply at times. But who could blame young, hungry Tlaht for catching that mouse?

He had been approached by a thin-looking pig wearing a strange obsidian necklace. The pig's ribs were showing through and Tlahtoani felt bad. He gave the pig his meal and wished him well, flying back to the palace.

This decision changed his life forever. The Impostor was there, wearing the same exact necklace as the pig. Only instead of being a pig, the Impostor was now a coyote. His parents the King and Queen were evidently disappointed in Tlahtoani; the coyote-pig had told them everything! Or at least, he thought. Tlahtoani was dismayed at the disappointment his parents showed and flew away that night.

Back in the present, the changeable hawk-eagle flexed his talons and tried to wake himself fully. It began to work and he stretched his neck and wings groggily.

Good Health/Voice

Inga
Female
Aldrnari Scholar
Caribou
© Ariela
3.75 years
Height: 40in
AP: 97.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 174lbs

RE: Jekyll and Hyde

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 04:06 AM by Inga.)

Winter had been coming closer and closer each day. For most it was a time of hardship, but for Inga it was the best time of the year. She missed it every time it went away and welcomed it with a smile ones it returned. Oh it was not the easiest time of the year. It was cold and lacked the plentiful food of the others seasons. Still she craved it's cold embrace. That was why she had headed north.

It was still early in the morning. Frost crackled under her hoofs as she walked. She smiled the cold air did not bother her, she was made for this after all. Her antlers sat upon her head. For anyone not familiar with her people they would be strange on a female. The sound of running water made her change direction. She had been getting a little thirsty after all. It did not take long for her to find it. She went down to the edge, senses alert for predators but oblivious to the bird nearby.

She walks | "Inga talks" | "jápmin talks" |Magic

OOC⟶
Light: 0/3 | Anima: 0/9 | Earth: 0/2 |Silence: 0/1 |Reenact: 0/1 |Compass |Eidetic Memory

Image from Pixabay | Texture by Frostbo@DA | Table by Silverfrost

Tlahtoani
Male
Rogue
Eagle
© Aorque
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2020, 09:27 AM by Tlahtoani.)
Tlahtoani yawned without making much noise, stretching his wings with sound pops. The bird shook himself out and noticed the caribou. A potential new friend! He smiled to himself at the prospect.

The eagle flexed his talons again and hopped from branch to branch, attempting to get closer to her. He thought she was male; he had no knowledge of caribou before.

After a few hops, he called out, "Good morning, sir! Fine today, isn't it?" If the stranger permitted he would stop once he was two branches away.

This exercise did wonders to warm up the hawk-eagle. He felt himself stop shivering and his feathers smoothed down. With a friendly demeanor marked by a smile, neutral eyes, and relaxed muscles, he was sending a message of no caution or wariness that may or may not be picked up.

Good Health/Voice

Inga
Female
Aldrnari Scholar
Caribou
© Ariela
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

She was obviously to the bird up until the moment he spoke. Her head shot up and her ears twisted on her head to locate the one that had spoken. No matter how much she tried she could not help being started. Still there was no fear to be found in her. She was confident in her own abilities.

It took her a short moments to spott the bird in the branches. She gave a warm smile as her brain fully prosest what had been said. Sir. Well that wasn't quite right. "Yes I think it's a wonderful day. Its just I am a woman, but I understand the confusion. " she said her tone light but turning a bit embarrassed towards the end. It was not the first time her antlers had created some confusion, but it had not happened in over a year now. Figured it probably wasn't as natural for a bird to gender deer. Honestly she was not certain when it came to the bird. Going by scent she would say probably male, but she figured she would just avoid pronouns just to be safe

"My name is Inga its nice to meet you. What brings you to these parts?"

OOC⟶
Light: 0/3 | Anima: 0/9 | Earth: 0/2 |Silence: 0/1 |Reenact: 0/1 |Compass |Eidetic Memory

Tlahtoani
Male
Rogue
Eagle
© Aorque
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

"Yes I think it's a wonderful day. Its just I am a woman, but I understand the confusion."

Oh no! Tlaht had misgendered the deer! As the branch swayed from him having hopped on it, his eyes widened and his crest raised in alarm. With the way it tended to curl forwards when raised, it might appear silly to any non-avian.

"Oh no, oh no, I am so so sorry!" He exclaimed hastily. "It's just, with the antlers...." he trailed off as he realized he had no good explanation. He quickly looked around to make sure his embarrassing mistake was not witnessed by anyone else.

"My name is Inga its nice to meet you. What brings you to these parts?"

Still humiliated, Tlaht introduced himself sheepily with, "Prince - or, once-Prince Tlahtoani Koatl. I'm here because... well, a coyote-pig doesn't like me. For some reason they embarrassed me in front of my parents, so... here I am."

Good Health/Voice

Inga
Female
Aldrnari Scholar
Caribou
© Ariela
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

She have a kindhearted chuckle at the look of surprise, on the bird. She wasn't the best at reading expressions of birds, but was confident it was at least not very far off. He was quick to apologize and she shock her head. "Don't worry about it. My people are an odd one." It was true. The wanderers of the north. Among them she was the strangest. She was the one that left the old paths to see the world.

A prince? She sure had meet a lot of royalty since getting here. Well this one was ones royalty, but it didn't really matter. It made no difference to her. Everyone was equal in her eyes. She didn't quite understand his story. Why would being embarrassed make him leave? "And that was enough for you to have to leave? " She couldn't help it. She was curious and wanted to know. Her family wouldn't dream of doing something like that. There was strength in numbers and the tundra sure liked to test them.

OOC⟶

Tlahtoani
Male
Rogue
Eagle
© Aorque
1.25 years
Linked Accounts

"Don't worry about it. My people are an odd one."

Well, it made sense, but the hawk wasn't about to point this out. That would potentially be unkind. He listens as the woman continued to speak.

"And that was enough for you to have to leave? "

"The law I broke was sacred," he answered evasively before explaining, "You see, prey is scarce where I come from during some seasons. As in, more scarce than usual. As such the Royals are forbidden from hunting no matter the season. Only the Stoop may hunt and stock the kitchens. I... hunted." He finishes with shame, bowing his head as his crest lowers. He refuses to look at Inga now. Surely she might be upset by this?

Good Health/Voice

Inga
Female
Aldrnari Scholar
Caribou
© Ariela
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

Sacred, She could understand that. Her people had there own sacred things. Like the path they walked for generations. It was a matter of survival. Old knowledge turned in to something more. Still she had broken it, but only for herself. There was no punishment for that. She was happy with that answer and where not going to push for more but he gave it anyway.

She watched him carefully as he spoke. The world gave her just the smallest hint of unease, she pushed it away quickly. It was the natural way of things. She nodded as he spoke. Doing her best to give him her full attention. "I see. Your people are wise for preserving the prey population. Still I do not think the punishment fit the crime so to speak. Not being allowed to know how to care for yourself without others on the other hoof. I don't see the reason behind that." She really didn't. Even as a prey animal herself she saw the flaws in that. She still didn't get how the coyote-pig fit in but let it be. She could clearly see it was affecting the young bird. He looked shameful to her. "I don't think you did anything wrong." She said truthfully.

She wanted a way to brighten his mood again. Until she remembered what role she had in the kingdom. She was a story teller, perhaps he wanted to here one of hers. "How about I tell you a story from my homeland?" A smile on her lips. She just had to think of a good one first.

OOC⟶