Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 11
June 15th - Aug. 3rd

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: May '20
Character
most adventurous

Vox
[played by Dikui]
Thread
Diciples of Mother Earth

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome A Tentative Explorer
Fallow enters Yavania for the first time.

Fallow
Male
Rogue
Kangaroo
© OreozFox
1.75 years
Height: 60 in
AP: 68AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: 115 lbs

A Tentative Explorer

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 08:04 PM by Fallow. Edited 1 time in total.)
Fallow shuddered against the cold breeze of the forest as he meandered along through the towering trees. He had never seen trees so tall! Just craning his neck to look at them made him dizzy. He was sure they continued to reach upwards forever.

His large feet made prints in the snow with soft crunching sounds, and his tail dug a groove in the snow behind him. Fallow sighed, producing a misty cloud in the cold air. A drink of water would be nice, but he would hate to think of how frigid the water here was. No, a drink could wait. He had to get somewhere warmer! And preferably without snow. But what if this forest, like its ridiculously tall trees, went on forever?

Fallow shook himself, allowing collecting snowflakes to fall from where they clung to the rusty-colored fur on his back. He told himself not to worry so much. Alas, this was quite a thing to ask of such a fretful kangaroo as himself.

This forest would surely end somewhere. He just hoped he'd reach that end soon and once again feel the warm rays of sunshine he never thought he'd miss so much, until it had been obscured by these trees.

Gothel
Female
Rogue
Serval
© Raton
3.75 years
Height: 19in
AP: 2AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 16lbs

RE: A Tentative Explorer

Gothel

Flower Gleam and Glow

Gothel was on her own now. She hadn't seen or spoken to any of those... Baddies.... as they called themselves in a while. The way she saw it they had all walked off of the face of the planet and disappeared into , {she would smirk to herself}, Neverland. A place chop-full of gators. Oh! How that very idea tickled her funny bone, that annoying feathered brain Hook would love that, to return to a place that was riddled with his worst enemy. As for the others, she could care less what had happened to them - Hook had been the only one worth her time, the only one with a brain -despite it being feathered. Perhaps she missed the annoying -- no no! Never could she miss anyone, her only desire was to become immortal and never age. To keep her beauty, yes she believed herself to be.. Beautiful. Such a creature with fur like her's, blacker than night and whiskers always in place - how could she not be beautiful. Beautiful and graceful, yes that was it.

Gothel stepped lightly, her paws daintily touching the ground as she trotted at a slow pace. Her eyes were alert. Every fur on her body was in place, every whisker straight and neatly cleaned. She had no intentions on meeting anyone, no intentions on seeing anyone. She wanted to walk around and think, think about her next move. Perhaps she would form her own group, find Hook and get him to form it with her. As she moved on through the trees she caught sight of pawprints, rather strange and large. "Curious little print.." she murmured to herself before deciding to follow the trail of them that led her to the Kangaroo.

Upon seeing the creature her eyes widened slightly. What animal was this! Never before had she seen on like this. Rolling her shoulders she held her head straight and trotted forwards to him, attempting to stop a few feet away. Clearing her throat she would put on her best smile "Child, are you alone?" she asked in her soft toned voice.

She Walks. | "She Talks." | She Thinks. | She Uses Magic.

Fallow
Male
Rogue
Kangaroo
© OreozFox
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

Fallow's ears stood at attention as the feline cleared her throat. "Oh!" he squeaked, a bit startled. But, upon examining her with his wide green eyes, Fallow supposed he hadn't a reason to be afraid of her. It was especially large animals that frightened him, and he was the larger of the two. But just because he wasn't scared of the feline now, didn't mean he would never be. Anything could suddenly bite or scratch. Anything could be scary, especially to Fallow.

Still, her tone didn't sound harsh or confrontational. Fallow supposed it may even sound gentle. Maybe. He decided to answer her question.

"Y-Yes, I am alone. I'm looking for a place to get warm. Oh, dear." he whispered the last two words to himself as his ears drooped with slight dread. He'd never considered what animals may live in this terribly cold forest. And whoever might live there might not appreciate his presence. "Is this forest your territory? Am I trespassing? I'm awfully sorry if I am!"

Gothel
Female
Rogue
Serval
© Raton
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

Gothel

The woman made her face soften as she looked at the young male. "Poor little thing, you must be frightfully cold.." she cooed softly, sitting down and wrapping her tail over her paw, a worried look plastering across her face. "No, you are not on my territory I do not believe anyone owns this land as the lands smell clean." Her eyes drifted over him curiously.

"Are you lost then, my child?" she asked the frowned "Ah, forgive me, my name is Gothel.. You can call me Mother though, if you wish." she quickly told her name, realizing she had forgotten to introduce herself. Her tail tip twitched a few times before resting over her paws. "I can help you, if you need help"

Fallow
Male
Rogue
Kangaroo
© OreozFox
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

Another cloud curled through the icy air as Fallow breathed a sigh of relief. He was relieved not only because he was in fact not trespassing, but also because this feline seemed rather friendly. Almost... motherly. The nickname 'Mother' seemed to fit.

"I... suppose I am lost." Fallow said thoughtfully. "I've never been in this forest, and frankly I don't know a way out. I've been on my own for a little while now, but I've managed. It is dreadfully cold here, though..." he admitted with another shiver. Fallow envied this feline a bit. If she was cold, she certainly didn't show it. But Fallow was broken from these thoughts when he remembered that he hadn't introduced himself either. "Oh, my name is Fallow. I'll be two years old when spring comes. It's nice to meet you, Mother." Yes, the nickname certainly did fit. He liked the way it sounded.

Fallow was touched by the feline's offer. It had been a while since he'd met such a kind and gentle stranger.

"Well, you could help me find a place that's not so chilly." Fallow replied, then quickly added, "Of course, if it's no trouble to you. I'd hate to be a bother."

Gothel
Female
Rogue
Serval
© Raton
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 10:24 PM by Gothel.)
Gothel

Gothel looked around, she had not been to this forest before either but surely finding a way out would be easy enough. Returning her gaze to the young male she smiled. She rather liked this young teen. Her eyes softened when she heard him speak, saying that it was dreadfully cold and then moved on to introduce himself. Fallow was the child's name, a lovely name too. But what delighted her most was to be called Mother again!

Now to keep Hook away from the boy lest he do something to turn Fallow's opinion. "It is nice to meet you Fallow." she purred as she go to her paws. "I would be delighted to help you, after all it is a Mother's duty to help others. It is no trouble and no bother at all my dear boy."

Fallow
Male
Rogue
Kangaroo
© OreozFox
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2020, 10:49 PM by Fallow. Edited 1 time in total.)
Fallow returned the feline's smile. She wasn't scary at all! Even though he'd only known her for a short time, he trusted her. He liked her, too! After all, what better way to a nervous kangaroo's heart than being so kind and reassuring? For the first time since Fallow had started traveling alone, he felt he might have made a friend.

"Oh, thank you, Mother." Fallow said with sincere gratitude. He'd been afraid that night would fall, and of course night was colder than day. Fallow suppressed another shudder at the thought of how freezing night in this forest would be. He's be perfectly content with leaving this forest promptly and not returning, at least until it was a warmer season.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Fallow shook the collecting snow from his back again and took a step towards Mother. "Lead the way. I promise I'll keep up. There aren't too many things I'm good at, but I'm pretty fast if I need to be! These feet help." He tapped one of his large back paws on the ground for emphasis.

Gothel
Female
Rogue
Serval
© Raton
3.75 years
Linked Accounts

Gothel

The small feline purred and shook her head. "The pleasure is mine, there isn't a need for thank yous." Mother said with a twitch of her tail, her purplish blue eyes gleaming brightly. Perhaps she would ask the child to stay with her, it wasn't right for young ones to stay alone - even if they were close to adulthood. Nope! A child that was alone was indeed a sad thing.

She watched calmly as he shook the snow from himself and smiled. She had not doubt that he could keep up, in fact he would probably have to slacken his pace as to not pass her by. Her eyes moved towards his foot as he tapped one and her head tilted, they were powerful looking feet. Not only large but strong. Looking back to him she twitched her tail tip again, "Come I will show you the way out, isn't far at all." she said warmly and turned padding slowly away, looking over her shoulder once to see if Fallow was following after her.

-Exit if Fallow does-

Fallow
Male
Rogue
Kangaroo
© OreozFox
1.75 years
1 Attached Account

Fallow smiled. "Well, I'm grateful regardless." He waited for her to stand up and lead him out of the frigid forest. He was excited at the very thought of soon being warm again. Ah, and according to Mother, warmth wasn't far away! He'd just have to follow her. That was easy enough. Fallow wasn't the most self-confident of animals, but he had faith in his speed. He supposed if he pushed himself, there weren't many animals that could outrun his fast pace and large strides. Of course, this wasn't a matter of outrunning Mother. He'd stay at a slow pace and let her lead the way.

As Mother padded away, Fallow lumbered after her. He moved in much the same manner as he had before, but without the miserable look he was sure he'd worn.

Fallow wondered if Mother would leave once she'd finished helping him. She'd have every right to do so. Still, it would sadden Fallow to part ways with his new friend so soon. Perhaps he could tag along with her. Oh, he'd hate to be a bother, but he'd try not to get in her way! And it wasn't as if he had somewhere to go, anyway.

Still, he decided to leave all that up to Mother. If she was busy, he wouldn't burden her with his gawky presence any longer than he needed to. But, if she was lonely, he'd surely continue to follow her and keep her company.

- Exit. -