Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 12
Aug. 4th - Sep. 22nd

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: May '20
Character
cutest kid

Hera
[played by Raton]
Thread
[Quest] Into The Jungle

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Getting Used to Things
this is the thread Randavae receives a blessing!

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
2.25 years
Height: 28 in
AP: 1,004.5AP
1 Attached Account

Weight: 165 lbs

Getting Used to Things

I weaved carefully through the tall trees, my ears tilting and turning in all kinds of directions. My tongue held tensely in my mouth, as though careful not to be bitten if something were to spook me.

Whitebark Woods had become a very familiar place, yes, but the people? Not so much. And now that the Queen has been replaced by some grizzly bear, I was especially vigilant.

A fool leading fools. That's what I thought of the Queen. But now we have an idiot leading fools.

Well, I didn't know the bear, so I wasn't one to say if she was an idiot or not. I was just angry. Angry at that stupid ghostly mind-controlling moose thing, angry at the Queen for not doing a good enough job, angry at that grizzly for taking her spot.

I say I was angry. But the more I thought about it the more I thought I was just scared. And it made sense. That was why I was holding my tail between my legs, why I was darting my eyes back and forth, why I was thinking about this so much.

Because I was scared.

Me. A Worthe. Scared. It happened way too often. And the more it happened the less and less surprising it got.

Finally, I decided to relax my racing mind and sat down beside a tree. Never would I stop my vigilance as that moose's evil minions might creep up on me from behind at any second, no way, that had a reason.

But thinking...didn't. Not the kind of stuff I was thinking about, anyway.

I just needed to catch my breath. I just needed a moment to myself to let the worries subside. A moment to relax.

---------------

OOC: N/A

Trembling in his claws. Always.

The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Height: -
AP: 1,728AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: -

RE: Getting Used to Things

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020, 06:24 PM by The Avatars. Edited 1 time in total.)

Maata quite enjoyed watching the mortals, just as her compelling and courtly husband did. Their vocations may be different, where he be the underdog and herself in passions for exploration, adventure -- it mattered not, of course. It’s how they worked, compromised and loved. But today, she would not be dwelling much in Marlon’s presence, for a need to make an appearance upon the mortal realm was paramount. You see, a certain boy caught the woman’s attention. There would be no use dillydaddling, and thus the almighty goddess appearance before Randavae in the blink of an eye, kinetic particles wafting like roses; yet, they disappeared. Standing before the wolf, she smiled in spite of their troubles –– why, she would not be here if it wasn’t important –– that's how Maata gave.

Gifts, from her to them.

"Randavae Worthe, do not let anger best you when opportunities await at every turn," The serval began, voice harmonic and sweetlike, "Be blessed, my child, and may this be a lesson for you to learn." And just like that, she vanished, back into the immortal realm.

SUMMARY
Something has happened!
As voted upon in the site-wide poll, Randavae has been blessed! He has received a blessing marking (#ab751a) that may be placed anywhere upon his body. Randavae has been granted access to the Blessed powers found here.

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
2.25 years
1 Attached Account

Of course. Just as I had suspected.

Though I knew what was coming, a bright flash of light, a bellowing voice, a mind-controlling demon, I still jumped out of my fur when it appeared before me.

And the creepy thing smiled at me, radiating an energy that told me it was much stronger than me, much smarter if you will, even though I was the only one in a fighting stance.

It spoke some silly words that didn't make any sense to me. Of course they didn't. Freaky demon thing.

I can think of a lesson to learn, I thought. I'll teach it to you, if you'd like.

I was very careful not to say these words out loud, because I very discreetly thought that it might end up being the other way around and then I'd look like a fool.

Might. Of course, it probably wouldn't happen if I did theoretically say that, but you know. Ahem.

Suddenly, without giving me a moment to speak, to think, to something, it vanished, right before my eyes.

And like a deer I stood, frozen, watching the spot it originally stood. As though I had just suddenly become conscious, I rushed over to that spot, sniffing the ground vigorously.

It was as though it was never there.

"Demon," I breathed.

My head was led away from the ground I obsessively studied, making its way back atop my shoulders.

"Damned demon."

---------------

OOC: i can't even put into words how excited i am!

Perses
Male
Legion Duke
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.75 (3.25) years
Height: 40 in
AP: 263.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 180 lbs

Perses Stormbringer
winter is coming
When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives

the north remembers

Perses had been patrolling The Legion's borders. He marked and checked the stretch of land before walking through the territory. It didn't hurt to check inside the lands as well as the borders. As Lord, he should be aware of all things inside the borders as well.

His Companion perched on his shoulders. He scented Randavae and decided to pad over to see what the youth was doing. The male glimpsed a familiar entity. He remembered Maata from the Quest. He didn't quite catch all of the words other than "blessed". But, if the beast knew anything about Randavae, he knew that the kid would be freaked.

The red-eyed Lord was not disappointed. The boy called the Avatar a demon and a "damned demon". Perses was a bit worried since the Avatar didn't seem to take insults lightly if Vox was any indication. He padded forwards, approaching the youth. It was best to educate the boy -- well, now an adult -- about what little the beast knew about the Avatars.

"That was no demon, Randavae," the beast said as he stopped six feet away from the young wolf. "That was the Avatar, Maata." The beast decided to get right to the point. "Avatars are powerful, they can make their voices heard through the land such as bringing you to find good things like candy and feasts. But don't disrespect the Avatars."

OOC⟶ Hope you don't mind me!
Word Count⟶ 230
Psychic: 0/8 | Earth: 0/8 | Water: 0/8 | Electricity: 0/5
Companion: 1/1 | Camouflage: 0/1 | Chameleon: 0/1 | Telekinesis: 0/1 | Telekinetic: ∞ (0/1) | Dart: 0/2 | Messenger: 0/1
Lucky: ∞ | Eidetic Memory: ∞ | Investigator:

Perses wears a black leather collar with a raven pendant

Randavae
Male
Legion Resident
Wolf
© NaggingNary
2.25 years
1 Attached Account

A heavy breath of air escaped from my mouth. I was getting bored with those demons. It was almost like they were trying to scare me.

I leaned back down to study the patch of ground further. Even though I knew it wasn't of my concern, I still felt curious about the demon's lack of scent.

I inhaled.

Exhaled.

The demon was never even there at all. The only smell present was the Beast and I found it hard to believe he could transform into another animal entirely...though, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was possible.

I mean, being able to morph yourself to become one with the air is definitely a thing they could do. So why not morph yourself into an animal?

Wait. The Beast?

My head whipped up and around to face him, my wide eyes locking closely onto his. He immediately started yapping about some stupid thing.

"They bring you candy and feasts, Randavae," the Beast said. "I assure you they're not poisoned," I thought with a brief sarcastic grin.

He ended by telling me not to disrespect the demons -- or Avatars, whatever stupid thing he called them. I rolled my eyes. This time my gaze landed on a tree. A very interesting tree at that, as I didn't look back at the Beast.

This tree was more interesting than him, yet somehow I found myself curious about his reasoning. Maybe not curious. It would just bug me if I didn't find out why he was being so dumb.

"Why not?" I mumbled, my gaze eventually landing back on him.

---------------

OOC: no worries at all, Silverfrost! i'm delighted to see Perses here!
Randavae definitely isn't, though. (^u^)>

and this post has taken me so long because i couldn't figure out how to write it. it's not one of my favorite posts but i don't want to have this take any longer.