Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 12
Aug. 4th - Sep. 22nd

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: May '20
Character
cutest kid

Hera
[played by Raton]
Thread
[Quest] Into The Jungle

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome {Devak/borders} Getting into mischief, maybe?

Hera
Female
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Raton
1.5 years
Height: 38in
AP: 159.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 98lbs

{Devak/borders} Getting into mischief, maybe?

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night"
Water: 0/2

It was a beautiful day. The sky was a vibrant blue and filled with large, fluffy, white clouds scattered here and there. The sun beat down happily, giving the Earth whatever warmth it could offer during the time of winter. However it could have been dreary and raining and still have been beautiful, at least to Hera. Hera loved any kind of weather and always enjoyed seeing what things each day might bring. Like every day, today was the same and yet it was different. It was the same in regards to she woke up and was still breathing and still happy. It was the same in regards to that she was still in the Kingdom and still happily resting in her mother's house. But it was different in that it was a new day, new things could happen such as; she could meet new creatures, discover something she didn't know and make new friends.
-
She wasn't one to look on the darker side of things, no, she preferred to look on the brighter side and only show joy. While she was perfectly able to, Hera never felt sad. She never felt alone or as if something was missing. To her, life was perfect and didn't need fretting about. To her things would happen when it was time for them to. Good and bad things were bound to happen in life and if one only ever looked on the side that was bad, wouldn't they be dreary all of the time. It took to much energy to be upset or to worry and it took way less energy to be happy and to smile brightly at those who passed by.
-
Hera rose early and got out of her bed, yawning and stretching each limb in turn. Making her way out of the house that she lived in with her mother and other family, Hera blinked at the dazzling light the beat down from the sun. Perhaps I will go visit the beach today. she thought to herself remembering that she had once met a strange little creature there before. Perhaps she would meet someone else. Another yawn broke her maw apart and she shook her head to clear herself of her drowsiness before setting off towards the beach.

The sun was fully in its place by the time Hera reached the beach. Although the trek was somewhat of a long one the young teen wasn't in the least bit tired. Never once since coming to the Kingdom had Hera ventured out of the lands nor even near the borders but today something tugged at her curiosity, she wanted to see what was near the borders. She wanted to see if she could meet someone different.

Plodding on wards, her paws sank into the sand. Small grains began to stick to her fur, leaving a feeling most might find rather... unpleasant. But it was a feeling Hera rather enjoyed. Ignoring the sand she continued on until she found that she was finally nearing the borders. She could easily tell that by the change in smells around her. There was a strong scent of the Kingdom mingled with the outside world. Padding only a few steps further, Hera finally came to a stop and fixated her gaze on the world beyond the world she knew.

text "speech" magic

"Into the light of a dark black night"

Hera
Table by Dikui | Stock

As I look at the Birds Flying, I want to follow them and Fly as well.
Freely underneath the Blue Sky. I want to follow them.
Let's get out, out, I want to get out of here now.
Above the Sky, I feel like there will be something for me.
Like the Birds in the Sky, lets fly to the sky, fly high.

Devak
Male
Kamar-Taj Student
Other feline
© Akradr
5.5 years
Height: 24in
AP: 37.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 75lbs

RE: {Devak/borders} Getting into mischief, maybe?

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 09:41 PM by Akradr. Edited 1 time in total.)

Devak al Ghul

Do not let your past define who you are.

Age was of no concern to the man, because it only meant that he would grow wiser -- as the years go on, he learns, studies, practicing the philosophies of their traditions. It had been quite sometime since Devak wandered from the familiar’s of home, and though it may be unusual, enveloping the natures further on was something he intended to do. Eyes of acidic and gold –– embraided with a ring –– danced among the foliage and sparse vegetation that bordered the penninsula. Why, the buddhist understood laws and regulations like any other. If not abided, then what reason was there to have it in the first place? The snow leopard’s knowledge embarked from mother’s teachings, always; upon approaching the palm’s without tempering rules, a brow came up in intricate delicacy. A girl, charred by melanism and graced by sapphires. Who, pray tell, were they? He was not one to judge a book by its cover, of course, and that only encouraged the white, sunkissed man to formulate an introduction. It’d be rude not to if this was not his home, “Greetings,” Words came in a dull, husky tone, therein attempting to stand about four-feet away head-on. “Devak, student of Kamar-Taj and son to the Ancient One.” It was only right to provide formalities, of course, and Devak never strayed far from it. An ear would flick, pigments of clashing golds and albinism basking beneath the sunlight, daemon spilling for but a moment as it warped like crackling fire.

Though, it was quickly dismissed. Sense activated in passive curiosity, now understanding that they were, in-fact, in possession of magic he had yet to discover.

But then again, the snow leopard wouldn’t adhere unless necessary.

Divination 0/15 | Shadow 1/2.
Expel 0/1 | Farseer 0/1 | Deepsight 0/1 | Guide 0/1 | Prophesy 0/1 | Nightmare 0/1 | Silence 0/1.
Linguist ∞.

Actions. | "Speech." | Magic.
castlegraphics

Hera
Female
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Raton
1.5 years
Linked Accounts

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night"
Water: 0/2

A strange scent first graced the young girl's senses and then a voice. Nearly jumping out of her fur the child's head swung around until her blue eyes rested on the snow leopard. For a moment she stood there, dazed. She had wanted to come across someone new, someone not in the Kingdom, but she hadn't actually expected to.

A wide smile passed over her muzzle and she moved closer to the border, making sure to keep her paws on the Kingdom's side of it. Her blue gaze searched the man's face curiously. He had said something interesting, that he was the Ancient One's son and a member of... of, Kamar-Taj? What was that? Who was the Ancient One? Questions began to form in her mind like bubbles and exploding urging her to throw them at him, so much so she had to nearly bite her tongue in order to keep from doing it. Sitting down, she politely dipped her head. "Greetings Sir." She began slowly, measuring out her words so that they came out politely. "My name is Hera and I am from the Kingdom, the Verja to be exact. I'm the daughter of Regalia." Hera stated simply and yet proudly. For in her eyes, to be the daughter of Regalia met the world to her. "If you will excuse me, can you tell me what Kamar-Taj is and who the Ancient One is? I have not heard of either one before and yet they sound rather important." The child's tail began to wag against the ground. Catching her attention the child quickly put one paw on top of it to make it cease it's movements.

text "speech" magic

"Into the light of a dark black night"

Hera
Table by Dikui | Stock

Regalia
Female
Valkyrja Commander
Wolf
© Amelia
3.5 (12.5) years
Height: 35 in
AP: 569AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 131 lbs

Frigga was within her home when farsight tugged at the edge of her consciousness, non-urgently vying for her attention. In the direction of the borders. She changed shape via shift, taking the form of a cardinal, and flew in that direction. She circled above once she found what had required her attention. A man on the borders chatting with one of their children. She didn't know what to make of this, but she didn't quite like it. She came down to land on a branch, listening and watching, trying to decide what to do.

Regalia, who'd been about to begin patrol, paused when the man's scent hit her -- a good twenty-five feet away from the pair. It reminded her of the snow leopard who'd been a captive of Yvon's with her, Frigga, and others. So, maybe he wasn't a danger -- but he was still lingering close to the borders. Close to her daughter.

"Peace, Regalia. We will handle him if he makes a move."

She looked up and found Frigga in a tree, staring down at her in the form of a northern cardinal. "Damn right," she said with a grin. Then, she turned her attention back to her daughter, waiting to jump in if needed. "He's from the realm that snow leopard is from by the way," she said, in case Frigga's birdy nose couldn't tell.

Huh, Frigga thought, relaxing ever so slightly.

OC: Legit feel free to skip me. Frigga/Reg are just observing.]

Wears a silver ring with blue topaz gems and a bracelet made of tiger eye gemstones with a golden lion head.

Devak
Male
Kamar-Taj Student
Other feline
© Akradr
5.5 years
Height: 24in
AP: 37.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 75lbs

Devak al Ghul

Do not let your past define who you are.

Devak listened in measure of their competencies to converse, polite yet childlike; he couldn’t blame the girl, however, considering they might not get visitors often.

They were young, himself not so much.

Of course, as an embarking buddhist under his mother’s teachings, Kamar-Taj opened its arms to all who asked –– it was a valiant honour to propose guidance where it cannot be seen. Or, even understood. If not for a place of sanctum and promised care, souls would be lost and unable to find a way in life. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Hera,” He politely said, sunkissed and white cloth robe grooming against the wintry atmosphere; it seemed like they couldn’t help the excitement. The snow leopard smiled, graceful and laced with delicate etiquette, “The Ancient One is my mother, the founder of Kamar-Taj and all it has to offer -- she is a Buddhist, and as is many of the masters who teach our students. It’s a path of practice and spiritual beliefs that we encompass to heal others, whether it be in the mind or soul. Kamar-Taj is a place of sanctuary, persay.” One might say that Devak was solemnly proud of how he’d been raised, and one day, the man would envision, embark and immerse in leadership. Just like mother, he wanted to make a difference. A brow arched in soft recognition for the wolf’s tail, soon sitting to propose a more comfortable aurora, “And what about you?” There’s no harm in making acquaintances, right? Eyes of acidic and gold were warm and full of interest, though his expression remained quite quaint.

Divination 0/15 | Shadow 1/2.
Expel 0/1 | Farseer 0/1 | Deepsight 0/1 | Guide 0/1 | Prophesy 0/1 | Nightmare 0/1 | Silence 0/1.
Linguist ∞.

Actions. | "Speech." | Magic.
castlegraphics

Hera
Female
Verja Resident
Wolf
© Raton
1.5 years
Linked Accounts

Hera

Hera's ears twitched. She felt do discomfort in being around strangers, she would always try her hardest to achieve friendship and would make friends with someone - even if they didn't consider her a friend, she would still call them a friend. Her eyes remained on the male, completely oblivious to the fact that her mother sat nearby.

She listened intently to what the male had to say, her head slowly nodding up and down. So the Ancient One was important, like Regalia. Her eyes beamed with the excitement of learning something new. "Kamar-Taj sounds lovely." she answered, intrigued by the idea of a place being a sanctuary.

When she saw him sit, she brightened more. Sitting was good, yes? The child smiled contentedly. "It is a pleasure to meet you too Mr. Devak.. There isn't much to know about me, I am only a child but even so I have been through ever so much exciting things!" here she let out a giggle for she knew it sounded strange. " My mother is named Regalia, she is the head of the Valkyrja! I hope one day to join them and serve along side my mother, it is one of my biggest dreams! My other is to make friends with whoever I meet." she spoke softly and a bit dreamily. The idea of being in the Valkyrja was something that thrilled her to the core. "Have you ever met my Mother? you would know if you did, she's the prettiest one around, although you are quite pretty yourself.. I've never seen someone like you before." her eyes sparked as she looked him over.

She Walks. | "She Talks." | Magic