Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 12
Aug. 4th - Sep. 22nd

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: May '20
Character
cutest kid

Hera
[played by Raton]
Thread
[Quest] Into The Jungle

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Pitter patter

Persia
Female
Disciple
Other
© Dikui
2.75 years
Height: 5 in long
AP: 188AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 0.014 lbs

Pitter patter

In my world I'm seven feet tall

Anima: 4/6 | Water: 1/2 | Cleric: 0/2

Persia stood just inside of the temple as it began to snow. She didn't really like snow. It got her all wet and cold. It was different, she supposed, for larger animals. The mantis was only a few inches long and very, very light. Even though the snowflakes were almost impossibly light, it took less of them to cover her body. She'd seen some that could almost cover her entire face. While she had to suck it up more times than not, she was grateful for her shelter for these flakes. And it gave her the perfect opportunity to meet up with the newt she'd affectionately nicknamed "lil buddy", though it was almost as long as her. No one said she was creative.

She activated Fire Newt, and watched as the creature popped into existence. "Hey, lil buddy, don't spark for a bit, ar'ight?" It didn't answer, but it obeyed. She moved a step or two closer to it, before asking, "Can I cuddle with you? Not-not in that way," she added sheepishly. "Just 'cause its cold." It responded by walking right up to her and tucking its head behind hers. It was strangely warm, more than she'd expect from body heat alone. She didn't mind the heat, and they slumped together. Once she'd warmed up a bit, Condense activated, pulling together a small pool a foot in front of her. She smiled at the newly discovered power.

After that Water Mink was used, summoning a 12 inch long dark blue mink. "Do you want to join the cuddle pile?" Persia asked. It squealed loudly and disappeared, ripping the puddle of water the mantis had created into a tall wave about 8 feet tall. In panic, Persia pushed herself up, moving an inch forward in her haste, willing the wall of water away from her, and it slammed into the ground in the opposite direction from her and her little newt friend. "Wow."

She walks. | "She talks." | She casts.
Stock 1

Bretton
Male
Aldrnari Cook
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
4.75 years
Height: 39
AP: 36.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 155

RE: Pitter patter

I Salute The Man
Who Is Going Through Life
Always Helpful,
Knowing No Fear

Here he was, doing more exploring than he thought he ever would. Bretton was cooking here and there and almost all other times he was out and about. Most of the time just wandering and practicing his magic. The man was rather excited for his powers to keep evolving. Haste carried him quickly through the lands and with the power fully mastered, he was rather great at it. Gracefully leaping and swivelling around things that were in his way, however, he had come to a pause at the temple. He faintly remembered being here before and a smile crossed his face as he moved into the temple. Wind wall would activate behind him in a 2x3 square, turning around to listen, maybe even see it but he wasn’t able to catch it.

The man didn’t pout about it though and continued in to the temple. He shook the snow that had collected in his black pelt before heading forwards. Brett happened to turn a corner and notice a wall of water come down onto the ground and his eyebrow would raise. What could possibly do that? As he scanned the room, he didn’t happen to look down and see the little newt and praying mantis. ”Hello?” Then he would wait for a reply, there was no one that there was no one else in here.

And To Whom
Aggressiveness And Resentment
Are Alien

Action | "Speech." | Element
stock by Bine G.

Bretton's companion is a small evening grosbeak.

Persia
Female
Disciple
Other
© Dikui
2.75 years
Linked Accounts

Anima: 4/6 | Water: 2/2 | Cleric: 0/2

Persia noticed the black wolf long before he seemed to notice her. He was big after all, and she was so, so small. When he turned the corner, she almost jumped, being on high alert from the giant wave that had just appeared. Although it seemed to have flowed out, spreading its water across the ground, it seemed like if another one came at her, she could easily drown in it. Her little newt buddy--who she decided she would have to name, considering it seemed she had two creatures to summon now, if the mink was hers as well--threw a spark down next to the wolf's right front paw and disappeared. The spark would immediately trickle out harmlessly due to the snow.

After the wolf spoke, the mantis returned the greeting. "Hello, uh, sorry about that wave. I didn't know they were going to do that," she apologized. "First time I summoned them," she said, assuming the wolf had seen the mink. She used Condense to create a puddle of water in front of her. Large enough for the wolf to drink from if he wished. The floor of the temple resisted its soaking in as easily as it would with dirt.

Stock 1

Bretton
Male
Aldrnari Cook
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
4.75 years
Linked Accounts

I Salute The Man
Always Helpful,
Knowing No Fear

Bretton heard the spark which made him glance down. That was when the creatures were noticed and a small crossed his face. Ah, that’s why he couldn’t see them. Such small creatures capable of such powers, crazy. The bug spoke, however. Telling him that she wasn’t aware it would do that wave, and then proceeded to tell him that the other two were summoned. The French man nodded his head curiously. Summoned? He wondered what branch of magic that was- it couldn’t be like his companion could it? The evening grosbeak came to existence, stopping atop his head as it looked down at the bug. ‘They’re so little-‘ Brett had cut her off with his own thoughts. ’Yes, so be nice and just stay where you are.’

”That is very interesting, I have some summoning magic of my own! But she can’t do things like that, she’s sort of just there to talk to me through telepathy.” Bretton offered her a smile before looking down at the water that had appeared in front him but he didn’t drink from it. Instead, he laid down so he was closer to her size instead of just towering over her. Which he still did but not so much now. ”My name is Bretton, you?” His French accent carried heavily off his lips. Perhaps she’d know some other languages so he could practice his translating power.

And To Whom
Are Alien

stock by Bine G.

Persia
Female
Disciple
Other
© Dikui
2.75 years
Linked Accounts

A bird appeared on the man in front on her's head. He had summoning magic too? The bird didn't look like any of her creatures. Maybe she would get more! That was a fun thought. There was an endless variety of kinds of animals out there to discover, wasn't there? To help with any things she might want, perhaps. Or just as friends!

The wolf spoke and said that his birdie could talk to him using telepathy. "Mine don't talk to me. They understand what I say, I think," she said, thinking of how she had told the newt not to spark, as she had put it, and it had seemed to listen. "But they don't talk back."

Persia took a few steps back as the great black wolf lay down in front of her. She wasn't afraid, not exactly. Cautious. Bretton. "I'm Persia," the mantis replied.

Stock 1

Bretton
Male
Aldrnari Cook
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
4.75 years
Linked Accounts

I Salute The Man
Always Helpful,
Knowing No Fear

Bretton had always thought anyone else with companions could talk to them through telepathy. Perhaps she just had a different line of magic? Nodding his head as he listened to her, it made sense. They understood her but just didn’t talk back to her, it’d be nice. Sometime he wished his little bird wouldn’t argue with him. ’Shut up!’ He mentally rolled his eyes at the bird before glancing back around the temple. It was crazy and he would offer her a smile as his eyes landed back on her. ”It is very interesting, it must be a different line of magic. I have air magic and a branch that allows me to use telepathy on others as well as another one that is a little difficult to explain. You could speak in any language and the magic would translate it into English, I wouldn’t be aware it wasn’t English and it would also translate my words to you in your language.” ’What other sorts of magic do you have?’ Telepathy attempted to send that question into the Mantis’ head.

Bretton was unaware of how this power may spook someone, but he just told her about it so what was the harm right? The man nodded as she introduced herself as Persia. It was a very nice name.

And To Whom
Are Alien

stock by Bine G.

Persia
Female
Disciple
Other
© Dikui
2.75 years
Linked Accounts

The man offered Persia a smile after she had spoken. She smiled back, a bit more relaxed then. He then explained that he had air magic and telepathy and a sort of translating magic. Just after, his voice nudged her brain, sending a question through. This seemed like a good time to test his translating magic. But what language to use? She had learned both French and German in her youth. He had a French accent, so she decided on German. He would be less likely to know it, she assumed. "Ich habe keine andere Magie. Nur die Beschwörungsmagie und die Fähigkeit, Pfützen zu machen.1" She would then watch for his reaction. "But I'm a bit confused about that translation magic. Does it change your sight too? Like, the way you read lips? Since you said you wouldn't know it was a different language?" The questions bubbled out of her like a fountain. She was curious about this odd kind of magic.

1: I don't have any other magics. Just the summoning magic and the ability to make puddles.

Stock 1

Bretton
Male
Aldrnari Cook
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
4.75 years
Linked Accounts

I Salute The Man
Always Helpful,
Knowing No Fear

It seemed the little bug was becoming more relaxed with him. He understood the caution in the first place. It would be rather easy to somehow lay on her or squish her by accident. If anybody did it on purpose, he'd consider them a bad person. But it didn't mean they couldn't be helped! A smile crossed her face as he heard the first foreign word so Rosetta-stone activated. He couldn't exactly see her mouth and what she was saying to go along with it, so he nodded as she talked about how she had no other magics. That sucked, it was an extremely strong force and was to be reckoned with. He'd have to share his experience with magic and practicing and hopefully she could practice up some levels. So, that is exactly what he'd do. But this time, the words came out German due to Rosetta-stone. "Ah ich sehe. Ich glaube, alles, was Sie tun müssen, ist zu üben, und wenn Sie es beherrschen, wird sich Ihnen mehr Magie öffnen." He was unaware he was speaking the language, as he was just sure he was speaking English, though he didn't even realize it.

The magic wore off, returning everything back to the normal languages. He listened to her speak and nodded his head some more. "I'm not entirely certain, I haven't really been paying enough attention to remember. I believe they might, but I'm not too sure of it. As you began speaking there I heard the first few words as that language, but the magic kicked in and translated the rest to English for me. As I'm sure some portion of what I said would be translated to it as well." Bretton wasn't exactly sure how the dynamics of this magic worked, all he knew was that it worked well.

And To Whom
Are Alien

Translation: 'Ah, I see. I believe all you have to do is practice and as you master it, more magic will open up to you.'
stock by Bine G.