Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 13
Feb. 5th - Mar. 19th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Jan. '21
Character
Best Leader

Sribna
[played by Avocado]
Thread
[M] When the world becomes a fantasy and you're more than you can ever be

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums

Fraya
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
A. wild dog
© Silverfrost
3.50 (5.00) years
Height: 26 in
AP: 411AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 80 lbs

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums

'Cause I like high chances that I might lose
I like it all on the edge just like you
I like tall buildings so I can leap off of 'em

Fraya decided to practice in the Arena. It was a nice sunny day and the African Wild Dog padded through the muddy grounds of the Arena and stopped at the center. Her last attempts at sparring with the short-haired wolf and the Angel had not gone well. Hopefully, third time was the charm.

The onyx and gold daughter let out an African Wild Dog call for a practice sparring partner. Then, the Valkyrja warrior set her defense. Her stance widened, legs bending, paws digging into the muddy ground of the Arena. Her eyes were widened to search for an opponent and her large ears remained unflattened as to not to come off as aggressive. Albeit, she did have the luxurious ears of a painted dog which deserved some protection. Her tail was held for balance and her hackles were raised to give her some height since everyone was taller than her it seemed. Her muzzle wrinkled into a smile, jaw unopened as she didn't see the need to and she didn't want to come off as aggressive. Her head didn't lower as she was looking for a sparring partner.

The woman hoped that this spar would go well. She could do this. She was a Valkyrja Cadet.

???? vs Fraya
For practice
Move 0/3
7 days to reply
26 in | 80lbs
Excellent Health
Full dodge unused
Spars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

OOC⟶ Can spree this today and tomorrow
Word Count⟶ 200+

Metal: 0/5 | Plant: 0/2 | Electricity: 0/5
Companion: 1/1 | Shift:0/1 | Dart: 0/1 | Darkvision: 0/1 | Lucky: ∞ | Durable: ∞ | Agile:
Stock by lightningspamstock@DA | Stock by Petra128@DA | Texture from Pixabay | Table by Silverfrost

Fraya wears a ring with the element Lightning.

Sirus
Male
Aldrnari Hunter
Tiger
© Abnormal
7.25 years
Height: 42
AP: 60AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 260

RE: I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums

Coming forth to the arena, the place run by the God that gave him his blessing. Sirus was known for his run in with authority and being the authority which led him to earn his blessing he would suppose. Hunting, fighting, it’s all he ever knew. Violet eyes scan the arena to find a small canine ready for action, scoffing, Sirus would approach her station. He would aim to stand in the opposite corner from her, metaphorically, he would look towards her. Brow arching gently, the man would stand tall, thick paws shift below him as he appraises the woman across from him. He wasn’t entirely up for a tussle, but he was bored. Scars marr his gunmetal pelt, showing his battles forever. Pink lines thick and long marr his face, showing a once bitter time in his life, destroying his beauty.

Sirus would cuff gently in greeting before inhaling deeply, he was getting too old for this shit but why not keep himself fit? The large man would lower himself slightly, limbs spreading to widen his stance. Tail lashing behind him, ready to aid in his balance. Patches of dry dirt and mud scatter across the grounds, this arena was truly a hazard and he had a gut feeling that it was in purpose. Why make it easy? Paws splay under his weight as claws unsheathe to dig into the parched patch of earth that he stood upon. Head lowers slightly, jaw releasing to allow protection to his thick throat. Scars stretch across his face as muzzle wrinkles, tongue pressing back into his mouth to prevent self harm. Ears flatten to his skull as hackles brisle along his spine. Narrowed eyes lock upon the female, he wanted her to give him everything she had, why not? He wasn’t afraid of being hurt. Releasing a low roar to rumble across the arena, he would of course, allow her to first move... Ladies first.

Sirus vs Fraya
For:
Practice
Move: 0/3
Limit: 7 Days
42 in | 260 lbs
Health: Excellent
Full Dodge: 0/2
Spars: 3L | 4W | 2D | 1T

Air: 0/5 | Healing: 0/2
Spider ∞ | Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Affliction ∞ | Charm ∞ | Dart 0/2 | Combat Reflexes 0/2
Hydroguise 0/1

"Speech." | ’Thought’ | Power

Blessed by Cyfton. the LeStrange slave brand.

OC:

Stock from Unsplash

Fraya
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
A. wild dog
© Silverfrost
3.50 (5.00) years
Linked Accounts

Fraya didn't expect this kind of opponent. He was fucking huge! And he had some wicked-looking horns. She scented him, smelling Aldrnari. That was comforting. She was super intimidated but she psyched herself up as she mimicked his defenses. She was a Valkyrja Cadet and a Dame-Fritjov to boot. She could beat him. She wasn't sure why he roared at her but she barked back.

"I'm Fraya Dame-Fritjov! Daughter of Queen Frigga and Valkyrja Cadet!" she barked her introduction in case he didn't know who she was. And to psych her own self up.

The Valkyrja Cadet's eyes narrowed as she faced him head-on, ears flattening. Her stance widened, legs bent, paws digging into the muddy ground of the Arena. Her hackles raised and her tail raised in dominance. Her muzzle wrinkled as she lowered her head and opened her jaw to protect her neck.

Deciding to try out that power she almost hit Herleif with, the African Wild Dog would attempt to activate Dart creating and simultaneously attempting to aim it in the center of his forehead, directly between the male's eyebrows. She didn't yet know the effects of the spell yet as it was her second time but she was attempting to stun him in some way. She was planning on throwing whatever magic she had at him.

Dart 
"The user is able to create, at will, a dart of pure energy and simultaneously shoot it up to 50 feet away. Though this arrow cannot pierce flesh, it can do one of two things. It can either stun a target for a single post upon impact, leaving behind a light cut where it hits. Or it can knock a creature backwards five feet, in the direction the arrow is moving, leaving behind a small cut. This power, unlike others, may be used twice per thread."
Sirius vs Fraya
For practice
Move 0
1/3
7 days to reply
26 in | 80lbs
Excellent Health
Full dodge unused
OOC⟶ Wasn't sure how far Sirius is from Fraya
Word Count⟶ 200+

Companion: 0/1 | Shift:0/1 | Dart: 1/2 | Darkvision: 0/1 | Lucky: ∞ | Durable: ∞ | Agile:
Stock by lightningspamstock@DA | Stock by Petra128@DA | Texture from Pixabay | Table by Silverfrost

Sirus
Male
Aldrnari Hunter
Tiger
© Abnormal
7.25 years
Linked Accounts

Ears tilt forth slightly as she speaks, barking back at him. Muzzle twitches a bit further upright. "Sirus Lestrange-Carrow." He would reply to her, he need not to explain himself further. He examines her position, she was in a wet part of the arena, ears tilt back as he is soon hit by what he could only assume was a 'Dart'. Violet eyes close for a second as unsheathed claws dig into the dirt below him. Widened stance allows a bit of push back, though the dart itself knocks Sirus back roughly 5 feet, tail tries to aid in his balance as he remains upright. Sliding back from the impact. Forehead stinging from impact as he shakes his head. That's how we are doing this?

Durable allowed the tiger to absorb the pain and discomfort with better strive than most may of. Eyes focus back upon the African Wild Dog. He growls to himself as it did indeed, cause no happiness to him to be struck as such. Bein knocked back brought Sirus into a much less sturdy footing. The arena scattered with patches of giving footing. Sirus regains himself as he stares at the dog. Hackles remain bristled along his spine as his tail becomes stiff. balance regained and eyes narrow finally upon the dog.

Limbs shift as he attempts to move forth and close this distance between the pair, hoping to stop roughly 30 feet from the dog, widened stance remains as he halts if she would allow to the distance to be closed. Muzzle wrinkles as teeth show, tongue pressed back in his mouth as head tilts downward slightly to allow protection on his throat once more. Unsheathed claws remain as he stands upon muddy terrain once more, digging into the soaked dirt below him. Ears pin flat to his head as scars stretch across his face, tail remaining ready for his aid in balance. Affliction would attempt to activate in the hopes to cause an laceration-like pain on the female's forehead above her eyes, much as she had done to him.

Sirus vs Fraya
For:
Practice
Move: 1/3
42 in | 260 lbs

Spider ∞ | Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Affliction 1/1 | Charm 0/1 | Dart 0/2 | Combat Reflexes 0/2
Hydroguise 0/1

OC: Sorry about that, I haven't sparred in so long! xD <3

Affliction - The user is able to make a target feel as though they have a deep laceration anywhere on their body that the user is currently touching. No physical harm comes to the target from this power, despite the pain. This pain lasts for 2 posts before instantly ending.

Stock from Unsplash

Fraya
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
A. wild dog
© Silverfrost
3.50 (5.00) years
Linked Accounts

Fraya smiled in satisfaction as the spell hit this "Sirius Lestrange-Carrow" guy. She didn't expect the giant tiger to get knocked five feet backwards but she would take it. She did like this spell. Why didn't she use it more often?

The tiger just stared at her and the Valkyrja Cadet wasn't sure if she stunned him or something. He seemed okay but didn't react. Weird but she hoped he was okay. He looked okay but was staring her down but not quite meeting her gaze. Maybe he was trying to use magic since that seemed to be the thing they were doing. Was he charging up whatever magic he was doing? Yeah, that was probably it.

The gold and onyx fighter continued with her defenses. Her stance widened, legs bent, paws digging into the muddy ground of the Arena. Her eyes narrowed and her ears flattened. Her hackles raised and her tail was raised for dominance. Her muzzle wrinkled and her head lowered, jaws open to protect her neck.

The Dame-Fritjov scion decided to see if the man was paying attention. She attempted to activate Thunder at a point twenty-five feet directly in front of her (which would be ten feet in front of Sirius. She hoped he wouldn't get deafened like Jinx. She just wanted to flex her powers. And maybe distract him from casting whatever magic he was trying to do.

Thunder 
"The user harnesses their control of electricity to create the byproduct of lightning: thunder. Thus, they can make a clap of thunder at a point they can see. Any creature within 3 feet of that point is temporarily deafened for 2 posts and disoriented for 1 post. The disorientation affects their balance to the point they can't move faster than walking without falling over. The thunder does not effect the user and can be heard, harmlessly, for a mile. This ability does not affect those that cannot hear it (such as those deafened naturally or by magic)."
Sirius vs Fraya
For practice
Move 2/3
7 days to reply
26 in | 80lbs
Excellent Health
Full dodge unused
OOC⟶ Hi
Word Count⟶ 200+

Companion: 0/1 | Shift:0/1 | Dart: 1/2 | Darkvision: 0/1 | Lucky: ∞ | Durable: ∞ | Agile:

Sirus
Male
Aldrnari Hunter
Tiger
© Abnormal
7.25 years
Linked Accounts

Sirus would not allow his facial features to falter as he stands dumbfounded, he seems to forgotten how his own magic works. Ears remain flat to his skull as he allows a deep groan roll from his parted jaws as he watches the smaller female, soon to have a crash of thunder cause him to stumble back yet again. His vision shifting as he becomes unaware of his surroundings. Head lowers and shakes as he releases a roar, though the damage was not full effect, he still did not like the fact that he was disoriented even briefly. This small female was playing her cards, Sirus had to hand her credit. Gaining himself quickly as widened stance shifts to allow him to move, he aimed to close the distance between them once again, this time hoping to close it directly to her.

If she had allowed him that, he would attempt to activate Hydroguise. His motion not limited as simultaneously he attempts to swat his left front paw at the woman's right shoulder. Claws sheathed on his left paw to prevent any true damage, he did not wish to hurt her truly or cause any damage. Eyes narrow upon her, his other claws(right front and hinds) remain unsheathed, digging into wet footing. Limbs widened and slightly bent limbs once more as he had entered more slick terrain. Tail lashes to aid in balance on uncertain footing, ears stay flat upon his horned skull as jaw remains opened and head tilted downward to protect his throat. Muzzle wrinkled still to show his large teeth, as tongue pushed back in his mouth once more. hackles never faltering as he braces himself upon wet footing, lowering his hind end and remaining balanced though he still felt a small effect of the thunder that awoken him.

Sirus vs Fraya
For:
Practice
Move: 2/3
42 in | 260 lbs

Spider ∞ | Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Affliction 1/1 | Charm 0/1 | Dart 0/2 | Combat Reflexes 0/2
Hydroguise 1/1

OC: Ya I'm kind of a mess with this spar xD I am soooo sorry I am all wanky here LOL

Hydroguise
Blessed by Cyfton
The user can create a coat of water around themselves, half an inch thick, that does not restrict movement. It blocks all attacks for 1 post. Visible electricity holds the water in place and if touched, an uncomfortable jolt of electricity will zap the target.

Stock from Unsplash

Fraya
Female
Valkyrja Cadet
A. wild dog
© Silverfrost
3.50 (5.00) years
Linked Accounts

Fraya wasn't sure if she hit him or not. She was sure to put the spell even further away than she had with Jinx. Maybe women were just stronger than men and he was being overdramatic. Or maybe it affected him more because he was old. Yeah, that was probably it. She hoped.

'HOLY FUCKING GODSDAMNED SHIT!'

Sirius charged at her and the onyx and gold warrioress didn't notice until he was nearly six feet away from her. Oh no! She wasn't dying worst, losing a fight, today! This guy was huge and she had been attempting to fight long-distance and had no real attack plan for what she would do if he got up close. Which he was doing right now.

The Dame-Fritjov fighter's eyes widened in fear and her ears flattened. Her stance widened and her legs bent, paws digging into the muddy ground of the Arena. Her hackles raised and her tail tucked in fear. Her head lowered, muzzle wrinkled and head lowered.

The woman leaped backwards, three feet. She fully-dodged his attack and attempted to activate Thunder seven feet to Sirius's left in hopes that it would make him disoriented like it had before. She hoped she wouldn't deafen him but he did seem kind of sensitive to sound. Was it a feline thing or a male thing?

Thunder 
"The user harnesses their control of electricity to create the byproduct of lightning: thunder. Thus, they can make a clap of thunder at a point they can see. Any creature within 3 feet of that point is temporarily deafened for 2 posts and disoriented for 1 post. The disorientation affects their balance to the point they can't move faster than walking without falling over. The thunder does not effect the user and can be heard, harmlessly, for a mile. This ability does not affect those that cannot hear it (such as those deafened naturally or by magic)."
Sirius vs Fraya
For practice
Move 3/3
7 days to reply
26 in | 80lbs
Excellent Health
Full dodge Used
OOC⟶ Hi
Word Count⟶ 200+

Metal: 0/5 | Plant: 0/2 | Electricity: 4/5

Sirus
Male
Aldrnari Hunter
Tiger
© Abnormal
7.25 years
Linked Accounts

His paw would swat air as she jumps back, his violet eyes remaining narrowed upon her. He never wanted to lose the female, knowing where she was is the whole thing. Inhaling sharply he growls, launching to the right about 3 feet, effectively fully dodging her attack of rippling thunder. Paws slip at his weight threatens him to fall upon mud. Snarling as he scatters to catch his footing, karma for acting so uncalculated. Head shakes as he disapproves of the clap. Hair standing on end, scars stretch across his face as he growls loudly. Ears clamp firmly back, looking as if they had disappeared against his horned skull. Tightly holding them down in disapproval, he had never experienced that type of magic, and his sensitivity to the crashing sound would unsettle him. Claws unsheathe as he regains himself.

Widened stance returns as he stands roughly 6 feet from the woman (she backed 3 feet, he jumped 3 feet from her to the right). Tail lashes as it then stiffens behind him. Jaws part as he pushes his tongue back again, head tilts down slightly to protect his throat. Hackles stand, and ears remain flattened back. Muzzle wrinkles as unsheathed claws knead at the mud. Sirus narrows his eyes at the woman, upon her right side of her chest (left side to him). He would attempt to activate Dart at that spot, hoping to hit her on the left side of her chest.

Sirus vs Fraya
For:
Practice
Move: 3/3
42 in | 260 lbs
Full Dodge: 1/2

Spider ∞ | Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Affliction 1/1 | Charm 0/1 | Dart 1/2 | Combat Reflexes 1/2
Hydroguise 1/1

OC: Anyone can judge <3 Not picky! Big Grin

Stock from Unsplash

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
Height: Smol bean
AP: 173AP
15 Attached Accounts

Weight: Thicc

KEY
10 default total points available per round

Per Round Deductions:
-2 | unrealistic damage
-1 | semi-realistic damage
-1 | damage lacks important detail or clarity
-2 | unrealistic counter
-1 | semi-realistic counter
-1 | counter lacks important detail or clarity
-2 | unrealistic attack
-1 | semi-realistic attack
-1 | attack lacks important detail or clarity
-0.5 | per defense missing/not mentioned why missing
-2 | powerplaying/godmoding/metagaming
-1 | attack does not fit spar type

Final Tally:
-1 | opponent's side has 3+ more opponents than your side
+1 | experience advantage (3+ more spars than opponent)
+1 | magic advantage (5+ more spells than opponent)
+1 | size advantage (weight only, 50+ lbs difference)
+0.5 | size advantage (weight only, +20 - 49 lbs difference)
+0.5 | speed advantage < 10 mph faster (see Speed page; only counts for land animal vs land animal)
+1 | speed advantage > 10 mph faster (see Speed page; only counts for land animal vs land animal)
+1 | environment taken into account (per round)
+1 | creativity
+3 | excellent health
+2 | good health
+1 | fair health
+0 | poor health

FRAYA

Health: +3
Size Advantage: +0
Speed Advantage: N/A
Magical Advantage: N/A
Experience: +0
Environment: R0, R1, R2, R3
Bonus Total: 7
Move 0 (10)
0 | All defenses set/stated why missing.
Move 1 (10)
Move 2 (10)
Move 3 (9.5)
-0.5 | Missing defense (open jaws).
Total:
(46.5)

SIRUS

Health: +3
Size Advantage: +1
Speed Advantage: N/A
Magical Advantage: N/A
Experience: +1
Environment: R0, R1, R2, R3
Bonus Total: 9
Move 0 (10)
Move 1 (7.5)
-0.5 | Missing defense (open jaws).

-2 | Unrealistic attack (affliction has been changed so that the user has to be touching the area in which they wish to use the power; however, I see Sirus make no move to physically touch Fraya on the forehead).
Move 2 (10)
Move 3 (10)
Total:
(46.5)

Verdict: True to the points, this spar is a tie! The spar was easy to follow along with, so props to both of you. My only take away would be that you need to carefully read the description of the power you wish to use in order to correctly pull it off.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me <3

I've had a very long day. I am very small. And I have no money. So you can image the kind of stress i'm under

- John Mulaney