Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 13
Feb. 5th - Mar. 19th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Jan. '21
Character
Best Leader

Sribna
[played by Avocado]
Thread
[M] When the world becomes a fantasy and you're more than you can ever be

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Poppa said 'Never let the boys see you cry'.

Sai
Female
Rogue
Tiger
© Raton
1.75 years
Height: 36in
AP: 41.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 205lbs

Poppa said 'Never let the boys see you cry'.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 06:13 PM by Sai. Edited 1 time in total.)
Sai

If her brothers could do it, so could she. Against her better judgement and the wishes of her father, Sai had set out. Her brothers had left their little home a month before she had decided to leave. Sai couldn't even look her mother in the eye, the poor thing was distraught over losing her only daughter -- when asked why she couldn't go off on her own, her father answered with his usual tone you are far to young, anything could take advantage of you.. stay with us and make your home here..

That was not what Sai wanted.. She wanted to venture away from the place she had known as home and explore and find new places - she didn't want to remain still forever and speak to the same creatures over and over again. While she loved her family and would defend them to her last breath, Sai wanted something new and so she set off.. She journeyed day and night, ignoring pangs of hunger and drinking her fill of water whenever she could - filling her stomach with water and occasionally a fish that she managed to catch on her own. She was not a good hunter when it came to hunting on land - perhaps she should have stayed and learned that, but even then her father believed that it was the man's duty to hunt while it was the duty of the female to remain at home and tend to the needs of the male ... which often meant bearing children for him and making sure his living area was neat and tidy.. HAH! As if she would ever lower herself to such a thing.. Her mother was a sweet and gentle soul but Sai was different, she grew up around her brothers and her brothers always included her in their games - whenever their father and mother weren't watching and tried to teach her the little things that she might find handy if she ever found herself alone.. For example, the fishing.. Had the eldest not shown her how to do it, she wouldn't even know how to do that. So when her brothers left she felt as if her heart had gone with them, she felt broken and miserable and at first had wanted to go in search of them but not knowing how to find an old scent she chose a random direction and headed in it.

She had no place in particular that she cared to go for she only knew of the area around her birthing den and so every place was new and interesting to her. Tall cypress trees reached high into the darkening sky - or was it getting to be morning? Under the cover of the trees it was hard to tell.. The ground below was soggy and mud squished between the toes of the young tigress.. A shiver ran through her, it was colder then what she was use to but she still had no interest in turning around and going back.. She was here now and that was the end of things.. Who knew how far she had come? Her stomach growled in hunger and frustration gnawed at her heart... She was growing weary.. growing tired and yet her stubborn nature - she had to thank her dear father for that lovely trait -kept her going. It drove her forwards and pushed her on every time she thought about turning around. it brought you this far she would tell herself turning back now will just make father say 'I told you so' and curse me in several different languages! No, even if it killed her she would never return home - unless it was to visit and tell them how great her new home was and bring them with her..

With another growl of her stomach she came to a stop.. Surely there was something to eat in these lands.. Her eyes traveled around and she soon caught sight of a river and smiling to herself moved in it's direction. Where there is water, there was some kind of water thing.. Right? Her stomach growled again and she snarled at it "Silence!" she said in the Nordic language "I'm looking for food so give me a moment.... She shook her head slightly, feeling the weigh of her horns some now that she was tired.. She moved stiffly towards the water, frost littered the ground and a rather thin layer of ice coated the top of the water but one touch would make the ice break apart. Lowering her muzzle she would first drink deeply from the water before sitting back and waiting for the water to still so she could watch it and see what moved about in it. Sitting down, she wrapped her tail over her large paws and stared into the water, concentration forming across her face - her blue, gem like eyes, focusing on the water - darting here and there to catch a glimpse of whatever lay in the water.

Actions | "Speech" | Magic

Text that is underlined is spoken in Nordic.<3

Esmeralda
Female
Rogue
Wolf
© Pureleaf
2.25 years
Height: 30 in
AP: 40.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 90 lbs

RE: Poppa said 'Never let the boys see you cry'.

Esmeralda had been on her own for as long as she could remember. Her parents raised her, but they often left her alone to hunt. Her siblings got picked off by predators early on, but Esmeralda learned to stay hidden. Right up to the day dad didn't return with mom. By then, she was almost six months old. It was no surprise that her mom soon passed away. Whatever got father had injured her mother.

The rare mouse or rabbit did not help save mother from her sickness and Esmeralda was alone for good. She practiced her hunting and got a little better, but life alone was hard. Especially when you are a wolf. She couldn't hunt larger food without a pack.

Which was hardly a shocker. It was risky alone. Yet, rabbit and mouse were hardly filling to her. That was life though. Esmeralda was used to being hungry. To the constant drive to hunt. As a matter of fact, that was why she was here. The frost earth crunching under her paws as she searched the land for any prey.

Yet, prey would allude her for now. Though, the wolf would soon find herself looking at a rather large feline. A tiger, by the looks of it. Speaking in a language foreign to the grey wolf. Esmeralda felt her pace slow as she took in the tigress before her. She was sure to keep a good distance from the stranger.

The tiger seemed to watch the water and the wolf was curious about this fact. Hunting in water was not something she had ever tried. As such, Esmeralda had little clue that this tiger was hunting at all. It was a moment more before the canine would open her maw.

"What is it that captivates you? The way the water moves or the creatures dwelling below?" Her voice was calm. Holding a friendly tone to keep from starting a fight. Her tail wagging softly behind her as her head tilted. Ears forward in an alert, but curious, fashion.

Bio

Sai
Female
Rogue
Tiger
© Raton
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

NAME

The voice startled her out of her trance and her head turned to face the wolf. She stared for a moment with a curious gleam in her blue eyes before deciding to speak and when she did, her voice mirrored the calm tone of the other. It was the first creature she had run into in these lands - while she had seen plenty of other creatures along her way from her homelands to here, this wolf was the first to greet her in these lands.

"I am hunting..." she answered, her ears twitching towards the water "I fish better then I hunt." she added as she turned her eyes back to the water - had the wolf never fished before? Was there even anything in the water? She leaned forward slightly, squinting at the water. The water was a bit murky and therefore hindered her seeing the bottom of the water.. Screwing up her nose, the tigress stood and moved forwards and dipped a paw in the water to move it along the water.. "Though.. I am not sure there is anything in here.." she started as she moved her paw and finally grazed the tips of her toes against something. Her eyes snapped and she lunged forwards into the water gripping whatever it was with a claw and moving backwards out of the water.. Out came a strange looking bug.. Sai stared at it with confusion "A bug?" she turned her eyes towards the wolf, almost having forgotten that someone was there "I'm Sai, who are you?" she asked as she turned her eyes back to the mudbug, poking it with her claw.. Could it be eaten?

Esmeralda
Female
Rogue
Wolf
© Pureleaf
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Esmerelda seemed to get a calm tone back from the tigress. At least she was not aggressive. It was the reply that caught her interest. Slowly, the canine sank her rump to the cold earth. Still wary, her guard not let down, but at least she was no threat sitting. Well, she could get up faster than the tigress could cross the distance, or she hoped so.

"I have never seen someone hunt like that. Or, fish I suppose is the right wording." Honesty was best sometimes. The wolf felt her eyes flick down as the tigress lunged into chilled waters. Watching her movements curiously.

As a weird bug was revealed, the wolf seemed rather surprised. "That's a weird.. Bug?" Was it a bug? That was the real question in her mind. Part of her wanted a closer look. Part of her didn't trust the stranger. Then, the tigress was asking her name. Esmerelda almost forgot her manners.

"Nice to meet you, Sai. I am Esmeralda. I guess the bug thing is what lives here. Not sure if you can eat it though." Not that Sai had asked her that. Yet, Esmerelda was blunt in her opinion on that thing the tiger fished up.

Looked weird, but then again. Maybe it was an easy meal.

Bio

Sai
Female
Rogue
Tiger
© Raton
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

NAME

"My brothers taught me how do to it behind father's back." she replied bluntly. It was evident the young had no issues speaking to strangers or telling them things about her.

She continued to stare at the mudbug until she heard the wolf speak and turned her head towards the wolf.. "It is good to meet you, you are the first since coming here. she said and when the woman commented that she wasn't sure if the bug was food. "When one is hungry, anything can be made into food.. Grass and nuts, berries and leaves." The teen returned and glanced curiously at the mudbug... Unsheathing her claws she would easily sink a claw into the shell and slice it open, revealing the small amount of whitish pink meat inside.

It looked... gross and yet appetizing. "Want to try it?" she asked the wolf with a playful smile as she shoved the bug in the direction of Esmeralda. "It looks sort of good.. If it is good, I can find some more of them" Her ears twitched with interest as she watched the she-wolf.

Esmeralda
Female
Rogue
Wolf
© Pureleaf
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 12:52 AM by Esmeralda. Edited 1 time in total.)
Her brothers taught her how? So the tigress had family then? "That must have been nice. Though, why did your father not want you to learn?" Was that to personal of a question? Frankly, Esmeralda was not one to care to much about her blunt questions. She never had been.

After a money she would speak again. "My siblings died young. I learned to hunt on land by myself. After father died and mother fell ill." A little shared honesty was not a bad thing, right? Learn to trust.

Esmerelda watched a claw slice through the big and the meat revealed. Then, the words of the tigress would catch her full attention. "Yes, that is true. Yet, some foods can kill you if you do not use caution." She would rise to her paws and move closer to the teen with a slow stride.

"I suppose I can try it. Though, if I fall ill I hope you will get help. I don't wish to die so young." She offered with hint of amusement as she looked at the bug. It was gross, but hunger was hunger. "Shall I?"

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks.

0/2 Bardic | 0/2 Cleric | 0/1 Smoketrail

Merciful

Bio

Sai
Female
Rogue
Tiger
© Raton
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

NAME

"Father thought it was the duty of the man to hunt, the woman to remain home and please the male.. Have children and tend to the home." she said with a shrug of her shoulders "He didn't want me to leave home, especially at this age - but seeing as my brothers left a month before I did I wanted to leave too." the young tigress tilted her head when she said that she had to learn to hunt on her own as well as having lost her siblings and parents.

Sai frowned "Oh, I am sorry for your loss.." as far as she knew her family was alive, at least she had that knowledge.. Sai dipped her head low for a moment before lifting it. She watched as the she-wolf came closer and smiled faintly "Lets try it together then." she said with a nod towards the bug. It looked like meat, so couldn't it be meat?

"I'm sure it'll be okay." she said reassuringly

Esmeralda
Female
Rogue
Wolf
© Pureleaf
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 12:53 AM by Esmeralda. Edited 1 time in total.)
Esmerelda couldn't hold back the snort at Sai's comment. Her father thought that was how it worked? Preposterous. "What a dumb notion. Females can be as fierce and strong as any male. Besides, you seem to be doing just fine on your own. So that should tell him something."

Shaking her head slightly, she would eye the meat a bit before offering a soft wag of her tail. "Don't feel sorry for me. My loss made me stronger. While I miss them, I know I will run with them in another life. The only thing I miss from time to time is having someone to talk with."

She missed her mother's stories and father's theories. Her siblings games were often overshadowed by those things. At the offer to try it together, the wolf would blink those emerald optics. There was no harm in sharing. A pack always shared. But, they weren't a pack.

Were they?

No, they weren't one. But the familiar feeling of sharing with mother was a welcome thing. "Sounds like a plan. I am sure you are right. Would you like to split it. Your claws are better for it than my own."

Merciful

Bio

Sai
Female
Rogue
Tiger
© Raton
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

Sai

Sai chuffed with amusement. Yes, it was a dumb notion but it was her father's way. She grinned playfully "Father still expects me to return home however I fear I am just like him - stubborn to the core! I was never abused, I grew up well.. Daddy's little princess and momma's darling girl - only girl in the litter , so I was babied" Sai said with a twitch of her tail. It was true, she was the only girl of their only litter, she of course, would be babied and cherished like a precious gem. Her brothers doted on her and taught her everything they could without their father's knowledge.

Sai shrugged and frowned "Loss does make you stronger, I have never known loss - I left my parents living and well." as far as she knew they were still living at the same place she had left them at. "I am sure that you will meet them again." she said with a dip of her head and the looked back the bug and nodded at the female's request to cut the bug in half.. Using a claw, the tigress would cut the meat in half and push half to the female before drawing half to herself..

"Ready?

Esmeralda
Female
Rogue
Wolf
© Pureleaf
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2021, 12:50 AM by Esmeralda. Edited 1 time in total.)
"You will do fine out here, based on your ability to fish. So, your family will just have to accept you as you are." She responded with a wag of her tail. If her family didn't like it, well that was just to tough. After all, she was able to make her own life choices. Yes, that was fun.

"Growing up with family is its own blessing. You have strengths I never will. Even if you didn't experience loss as I have." The grey wolf of obsidian fur would look down at the offered meat as she spoke. Each life had blessings and curses.

"I grew up always alone. I have no idea how a mother or father should be. They were always out hunting or something. They didn't care for raising us. They just fed us and then left again. Predators got my sisters. After that it was just.. Longing for company."

If the tigress could be open about it, then so could she. She enjoyed company, until they cling to her. Then she bolted and found herself lonely again. That was why she would never make a good pack mate or mother. Some things were better off that way.

"Ah, but I guess that is why I spoke to you. Being alone gets old. Let's just enjoy some company and a snack." She adds with a snort of laughter at the end. No need to relive their past when life was about the moment.

So, she lowered her head to eat her share of the bug.

Merciful

Bio