Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year 13
May 2nd - June 13th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Feb. '21
Character

Best Relationship

Mononoke & Herleif
[played by Spirited_Away & Lizzy]
Thread
[FF] Budding Alliances

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Leaders & Realms

Amelia
Female
Player Account
© Amelia
30 years
Height: 5' 3''
AP: 46,071AP
40 Attached Accounts

Weight: N/A

Leaders & Realms

Leaders & Realms
Questionnaire

Please take the time to answer the following question to ensure your voice is heard! Everyone is automatically rewarded with AP for posting their reply here. If you're not comfortable posting it openly, please PM it to Staff.

Discussion between members is welcome!

1. Have you had a leader in the past?

2a. If not, why haven't you? What's held you back OCly/ICly?

2b. If yes, what did you enjoy? What did you not enjoy?

3. How would you improve leading on Yavania to make it more enticing?

Code:

Avocado
Other
Administrator
Player Account
© Avocado
Ripe years
Height: 6 inches
AP: 5,010.5AP
24 Attached Accounts

Weight: 7.6 oz

RE: Leaders & Realms

Yep

Like: I enjoyed having my characters be a part of a decision.

I dislike that there isn't a place to ask for a leader to show up. I would be nice to have a collective place. Have something simple for a request form. Just so that leaders/council can make sure all threads are arrived to in some manner.

1)what realm are you seeking a leader to show up?
2) what for?
3) link to thread.

It is hard to keep up when threads get moved from location A to the borders, or which borders thread hasn't been replied to or etc.

dislike: meeting threads can be out of hand sometimes. both with the amount of people/lack of people not showing. with how slow the spread of knowledge is It makes having universal knowledge in the realm difficult to plan with many people. difficult and not super realistic imo.

like: I do enjoy the leader logs, it does help maintain realm activity and it is absolutely understandable for a leader to show up doing border patrol/ whatever they are doing.

Somehow make it easier to 'share information' between important leaders/members of council. Everyone has busy schedules/school/work/ etc. and somehow making a realm knowledge 'update' sheet on stuff would be nice. For example, if there was a murderer or evil doer on the loose around the borders, realistically leaders and members of council would have discussed this topic at least amongst themselves. The pace of people replying to a meeting thread compared to a pace of someone trying to get something done that needs more than one leader's opinion are two completely different paces and I feel like it can hold things up.

Perhaps a 'notice board' like function for the realms. but just for an 'upkeep in current events' that realistically it think well functioning realms should easily be able to handle.

Perhaps have some festival days for realms. Make events happen more?

Lightwood
Female
Akr's Wifey
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
Height: Smol bean
AP: 767.5AP
20 Attached Accounts

Weight: Thicc

1. Have you had a leader in the past? yes

2a. If not, why haven't you? What's held you back OCly/ICly? n/a

Like: I liked having my characters constantly be in the loop of things. How they got to make a home from the ground up and the fate of the realm rested upon them. Such pressures and drama!

Dislike: I don't really like how slow some things can be paced. Like, some realms don't have the most active of members and it's up to the leader and their logs to keep the realm going, kinda.

3. How would you improve leading on Yavania to make it more enticing? I like Avo's idea of more realm festivals. Also, maybe there could be across the board meetings for all the leaders of Yavania to discuss news. Like if there are threats to the entire lands, or if they simply want to set up trade. I think that'd be interesting to see.

I've had a very long day. I am very small. And I have no money. So you can image the kind of stress i'm under

- John Mulaney

Amelia
Female
Player Account
© Amelia
30 years
40 Attached Accounts

Okay. So, ideas we've come up with the improve the leader experience:

1. An OC Notice Board for leaders. This will be a thread in Updates Subforum for "Request a Leader." Staff will have to monitor it and remove threads that have been replied to, once they're been replied to.

2) An IC notice Board for realms. A better way than meetings to pass along information to the entire realm. OCly, it will be a post under the Rules & Information thread for each realm. This is where the roleplayers of the leaders can share updates that their realm members have permission to ambiguously have heard about. Rank changes, rule changes, new ranks, etc, can be shared this way.

Consider supporting Yavania by donating and/or turning off ad-block. ♥

Perses
Male
Algiz Hunter
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.75 (4.75) years
Height: 34 in
AP: 38AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 175 lbs

Yeah, Perses.

N/A

I liked the roleplaying experience

I don't know?
Maybe some AP or incentive for joining a realm? Or a diamond for having characters in like three different realms for a set amount of time? Some realms seem more likely to get new joiners than others. Or extra ap for posting a thread in your character's realm (I know that would be difficult to implement) to encourage activity within the realm?

Perses wears a black leather collar with a raven pendant

Akky
Female
Birb-Min & LW's Wifu
Player Account
© Akky
23 years
Height: --
AP: 75.5AP
18 Attached Accounts

Weight: --

Yes; Narcissa, Exposed, Mordo, Carina (think that's all >>).

N/A.

The experience of leading a realm through different views, beliefs, characters, etc -- contributing/participting in IC events, whether it be plot drama or otherwise, is probably the most enjoyable things. It's nice being able to keep them in the loop + gain posts.

I like Amelia's idea of an IC notice boards for realms. <3

Spirited_Away
Female
Player
Player Account
© Spirited_Away
Sixteeeen years
Height: Shortie
AP: 39.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: Muscles!!

Yes, quite a few

N/A

I enjoyed the general roleplay experience of it, playing an important character isn’t really the right word but rather it’s something new and your character is pretty much always included in realm business.
I disliked the slow pace of it sometimes, a few times it felt like you were the only one in the entire realm posting for weeks at a time.

I don’t really have any ideas of my own, but I do really like Avo’s and Ame’s idea.

Amelia
Female
Player Account
© Amelia
30 years
40 Attached Accounts

So, going based on Silver's suggestion, we could add a few AP rewards for leading/posting in your own realm here, in the Bonus AP Updates Thread. I suggest the following:

+6 - Accept/Invite a creature into your realm.
+6 - Complete a thread in your realm's land(s).
+6 - ?

My new suggestion: we change the leader log requirements. Instead of making leaders submit a log that pertains to their realm ONLY, anything will count (as long as the post is recent enough). So, wandering aimlessly in a new land will count just as much as border patrol. This means leaders aren't bogged down with pointless border threads in their own realm.

Consider supporting Yavania by donating and/or turning off ad-block. ♥

Avocado
Other
Administrator
Player Account
© Avocado
Ripe years
Height: 6 inches
AP: 5,010.5AP
24 Attached Accounts

Weight: 7.6 oz