Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 14
Sep. 8th - Oct. 20th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: July/Aug. '21
Character

Friendliest & Best Mage

Hera
[played by Raton]

Adrian
[played by Makao]
Thread
[TS] Sneakin' Sneakin'

Census
M F O Total
Canines 68 62 04 134
Felines 80 70 07 157
Herbivores 10 05 00 18
Other Mammals 21 10 01 32
Birds 07 08 00 15
Reptiles 01 02 00 03
Other 18 06 00 24
Overall 192 162 12 366

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado
Spirited_Away

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome [Hordak] wild things run fast

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
2.25 years
Height: 30
AP: 24AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 138

[Hordak] wild things run fast

Jasper hadn't really been out of his home in his life. He was supposed to fend for himself, but he hadn't been doing too bad of a job. He could hunt well enough, he was nearly an adult. But one thing was other threats, he had to protect himself. Sure as hell he would fight until his last breath, but that didn't come before running as fast as he could. It was all he had seemed to do, run and hide. His entire life was centered around that, so sure enough he would be fine right?

The light breeze blew through his slick, clean coat. Snowy, but coloured as if it were dabbed by a paint brush. Mauve orbs scanned his surroundings, looking at where he had chosen to stop. This would suffice for the time being, but it was a little too open. Perhaps he could hunt something here, just maybe. Jasper inhaled deeply, wandering up to a pillar. It was something akin to what they had in his home, they had homes. Weird things that sucked the life out of their victims, imprisoning their souls forever.

His tail waved back and forth, held low as he thought of his mother. It was all his fault that she got floated, that his sister was taken. 'My sister, my responsibility.' A huff left his mouth as he walked around, where was he to go? Was he to go home? Oh that's right, he didn't have a home anymore.

Glow encased his body, a light shine seeming to come from his fur before it diminished. Jasper, however, didn't notice this and kept on going. Lost, but not the kind of lost you think.

Hordak
Male
Verja Courtier
Wolf
© Lightwood
2.25 years
Height: 34n
AP: 159.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160lbs

RE: [Hordak] wild things run fast

Hordak Rose-Esma

I'm not your friend or anything, damn
You think that you're the man
I think, therefore, I am

Perhaps it was a little hypocritical of him to have been so judgmental towards Machai when the cub snuck out. Oh well! Hordak viewed his lion brother as lower on the totem pole. Thus, he was allowed to be hyper critical of any beneath him. Obviously. The teen felt little hesitance crossing the scent markings boxing in the Grove. He only could hope that his parents were none the wiser.

Hordak trotted along the big pillars of stone, pinkish hues squinting up at the structures. How did they even stack like that? Magic? He understood that some inexplainable things could be accomplished with magic -- like his canine mother spitting fire -- so perhaps this was the same case? He shrugged it off and continued on his way. There was but a season more until he was an adult, and still he'd yet to secure any council position. Why exactly was he so hellbent on climbing the ranks? Though, he could probably guess why. Hordak believed he had to be the absolute best to secure a place withing his mothers' hearts. Steal the title of 'favorite'. Maybe if he spoke with one of the leaders or councilmen he saw from the meeting he could score a place. Anything to gain the upper hand on his siblings.

With the slight breeze, he could detect someone else nearby. From the scent of it, they didn't belong to the kingdom. What a perfect opportunity to display his diplomatic side! Of course, he couldn't get too ahead of himself. That, and he was taught to be cautious of strangers. Especially if they were dangerous water blubbers.

Coming up from the back of the wolf, all but a good nine feet away, Hordak called out a greeting. "Hey!" The teen barked out, the word being amplified via ventriloquism; this would cause his voice to sound close to the white wolf's head. Hordak was taken aback by how far his voice was, almost as if the other boy was the one speaking out and not him. How..strange.

Actions | "Speech" | Magic
Fire 0/2 | Bardic 1/2
Kati H.

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

His mind continued to wander, lost in thoughts until an odd sensation overcame him. Sensate activating, suddenly far too aware of everything around him. It too went away, but not before Jasper noticed something coming from behind when suddenly a voice rang near to his head. The almost man whipped around, hackles on end and prepared for a fight but he saw someone he did not recognize. Anyone could be the men from his home, even though he knew a lot of them personally there were some he he had never seen. After a few moments, he sniffed the air and this guy did not at all smell like his home besides he looked to be somewhere around his own age.

Jasper calmed, but only slightly. This guy was bigger than him, taller, probably weighed more. "Who're you?" His words were gruff, a bit more on the serious side. He wasn't here to play around or have friendly little games with anyone. He was here to survive, to be safe, not to make friends.

Hordak
Male
Verja Courtier
Wolf
© Lightwood
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Hordak Rose-Esma

I think, therefore, I am

The other teen didn't look all that friendly. Which wasn't a problem. Hordak wasn't going to appear desperate for friendships, because he didn't really care about such relationships. "My name's Hordak. Who're you?" Well, whoever they were, he could definitely subdue them if they tried to become aggressive. Maybe that was a good outcome though? If a council member or leader happened to walk by as he was whooping some ass -- yes, they'd probably tell his moms -- surely they'd be impressed with his initiative.

Probably.

"I've never seen you around here before," the boy started, a single brow raised. Granted, Hordak had never snuck out of the kingdom before. "You're awfully close to the kingdom." Not really, but still. Just a few minutes and he'd be back across the border. Close enough.

OC - i'm sorry for the shit muse ;-;

Fire 0/2 | Bardic 1/2
Kati H.

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

JASPER BLAKE

This boy didn't seem to be all too cautious. Jasper refrained from raising an eyebrow and snorting in the other teens direction. Was he stupid? Everyone should be smart enough to be wary of a rogue, he knew that well enough. A few sniffs offered him more information, this boy was apart of a group. He smelt of so many different creatures, it was weird. It was something he very much so disliked. The emphasize on the other wolves words made him actually snort, almost like a scoff but half-heartedly amused. "Well Hordak," he eyed the boy up and down a few times before speaking once again. "I would normally call someone dimwitted for giving their names to strangers, but I'll make an exception. Just this once, because you gave me yours." Sure, he had been the one to ask the guy who he was but everyone had a right to deny giving such information away. "Jasper."

The next words were fairly laughable, stating he had never seen Jasper around here before. Then went on to say he was awfully close to the Kingdom, this time he raised a brow. "I don't come from these lands. Besides, I never scented a 'kingdom' nor any borders." Did it matter, anyways? It wasn't like he was on their borders or in their land. All unclaimed land was free reign for rogues, was it not?

He's Cautious. He Questions. Magic.
Kinetic 0/2 | Light 0/2

Hordak
Male
Verja Courtier
Wolf
© Lightwood
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Hordak Rose-Esma

I think, therefore, I am

Hordak absolutely hated anyone who dared question his intelligence. The fact that it was this so-called Jasper that asked for his identity first was what especially irked him. His left eye twitched, a scowl sinking his earlier stoic features. Who the hell did this guy think he was? Hordak soon smoothed himself out, a condescending smirk lifting ebony lips. He was a Rose-Esma. Birthed from two women who gave little to no shits about others -- well, Cothurnus didn't at least.

"Sure, sure. A whole 'i'll show you mine if you show yours' type thing. Whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better." Because he'd be damned if he ever let such shallow words affect him. Hordak tilted his head, studying the jerk in front of him. On one hand.. his canine mom would have already flamed this kid, but on the other hand... His other mom would probably be upset. Well, you can't make everyone happy. "Of course, I doubt someone who looks like they have shit painted on their body would be a regular." He moved to shrug nonchalantly. "I never asked if you did to begin with." Was he being passive aggressive? Hell if he knew.

Still, Hordak never really did ask Jasper to explain why he was in close land to the kingdom. The fact that the other boy didn't realize that is was rhetorical was idiotic on their part. Perhaps Hordak was just sheltered, but the white wolf seemed a little tense in the face of a stranger. The only bad experience, if you could call it that, was with that water blubber and his mom had been there to protect him. Other than that, he had been very well provided for. Oh well. Hordak wasn't about to ask or assume. Too much privilege would only stroke his already inflated ego.

Fire 0/2 | Bardic 1/2
Kati H.

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

JASPER BLAKE

Jasper noticed the faint look cross the other boys features, it could've made him laugh. Perhaps he could poke the fire a little bit more? Maybe that was a bad idea... This boy was bigger than himself, but that meant Jasper was faster. Easier escape, he wasn't afraid to run if it was to protect himself. He still had things to do, secrets to find. His lips half quirked at the words from the boy, ah he saw how it was. "Sure sure, reflect onto to me to protect your fragility." He was a prick, what about it? He could feel and see ego on this teens face, even body language. Jasper cared not for it, he held none of the above. Maybe just a little bit of ego, but not enough to make him so headstrong that he was stupid.

The next words barely made their way under his skin, still he remained rather emotionless besides a slight look of amusement and the wariness from before. "Coming from someone who looks like they took a half ass mud bath that stained their fur." The words came out rather nonchalantly, given that this guy was clearly trying so hard.

Kinetic 0/2 | Light 0/2

Hordak
Male
Verja Courtier
Wolf
© Lightwood
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Hordak Rose-Esma

I think, therefore, I am

Jasper was looking for a reaction, but Hordak at this point didn't see the need to give him one. He'd already decided that this fool's opinion didn't matter so why throw a hissy fit? "Eh, we can go with that." Not that he really agreed, but it was better than pointless circling. Dancing around both of their arrogance as teens. Which, Hordak could acknowledge even that.

The teen heard the comeback and simply stifled a laugh. Alright, he could admit that this Jasper fellow wasn't a pushover like some kids back home. At least the other teen could dish what he's served. Which was commendable. "Obviously you missed mud baths being all the rage." Hordak quirked a brow, wondering briefly what the kid would do now that he was making a joke out of this. Did he still want to push Jasper's face into the mud and hold him there? Yes. Absolutely. He was a hellhound's son with a flaming temper. The teen was just good at masking that anger. Perhaps living in such a rowdy household did him some good.

"We might need to work on that insult game of yours, but at least you can dish it better than my brothers." His siblings were always so...well.. Hordak couldn't be bothered to think of something clever. Not when he had an amusing spitwad talking to him.

Fire 0/2 | Bardic 1/2
Kati H.

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

JASPER BLAKE

Now it seemed their little spitting war was over, but that was fine with Jasper. Sometimes a little war of sorts was funny, it was something he needed right now. For a moment his mind flashed back to those memories, having his sister and mother torn from him all at once. He blinked a few times to shake the memories, eventually coming back to focus on the teen before him. Shrugging as Hordak agreed that they would go with that. It was a good compromise, it didn't offend him and it didn't offend the other boy. Well at least the two of them could handle insults.

The joking time was apparently here, replying with how he missed out on mad baths. Should he make a joke about his life struggles or leave it clean? Meh, he didn't need to take out that card just yet, or ever. "My home was nearly too dried up." Half a truth. You could find water everywhere, but mud? Well, it was hard to find soil that wasn't half turned into dust. It was sad actually, now that he thought about it.

A short chuckle did escape his maw when the other boy commenting on his insult game, commenting that at least he was better than his brothers. "And you believe you're one to talk?" It wasn't an insult at this point, merely a prod and poke at a tease. "So it is safe to assume your brothers are a bit fruitless?" Fancy words woo, go him... Whatever.

Kinetic 0/2 | Light 0/2

Hordak
Male
Verja Courtier
Wolf
© Lightwood
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Hordak Rose-Esma

I think, therefore, I am

Did he understand what the whole 'dried up' home thing meant? No, not really. But he wasn't going to admit that. Perhaps Jasper used to live in a desert. Hordak wasn't about to ask. There wasn't any need to. The teen moved to take a seat closer to alabaster wolf, figuring that now that their 'friendly' jabs were over they could have a proper conversation. "I'd be happy showing you some mud. Really in your face learning." Meaning he would be overjoyed shoving the brown sludge into the white fur of his new acquaintance.

Hordak found he grew a little smug getting Jasper to laugh. He couldn't understand why; maybe it stroked his ego getting the serious look off his face? Ah, oh well. There was no real rush in trying to figure it out. "Definitely not," he laughed. "Looks like we both have some things to learn. Perhaps we can fill in what the other lacks." Having someone who can tag team his brothers was an option all too tempting to pass up.

"Exactly. If my brothers were anything to write home about I wouldn't have snuck out to begin with."

Fire 0/2 | Bardic 1/2
Kati H.