Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 16
Jan. 14th - Mar. 3rd

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Sep/Oct. '21
Character

Memorable & Terrifying

Arcturus
[played by Spirited_Away]

Exposed
[played by Akky]
Thread
Pitiful Excuses

Census
M F O Total
Canines 68 62 04 134
Felines 80 70 07 157
Herbivores 10 05 00 18
Other Mammals 21 10 01 32
Birds 07 08 00 15
Reptiles 01 02 00 03
Other 18 06 00 24
Overall 192 162 12 366

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado
Spirited_Away

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private [TS][Jasper] In the deep end

Hordak
Male
Algiz King
Wolf
© Lightwood
3 years
Height: 34n
AP: 120AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 160lbs

[TS][Jasper] In the deep end

Hordak Rose-Esma

I'm not your friend or anything, damn
You think that you're the man
I think, therefore, I am

Hordak stilled lived with his parents for the time being. He wished to wait until he found the perfect house to move to. While he could have stayed home during the rain, but he decided that he'd rather go exploring. Maybe this time go even further than he did last time. He wished to be a great councilman one day, so perhaps immersing himself in other aspects of community life -- if he even happened to cross paths with another realm -- would give him a leg up. It wasn't a competition, but Hordak still wanted to be the first son to achieve greatness within his family. He had to. Being second best to any of his brothers was essentially being the first place loser. Unacceptable.

While the storm seemed to pass for the time being, if the light drizzle was anything to go by, the young man headed off.

-timeskip to Temple-

By the time he go to the large structure the rain had tripped in quantity. Lightning lit up the sky like a second sun and thunder roared so loudly in rang in his ears. Echoing off the temple walls. Hordak took note of a room full of deity statues. From what his mother, Ophelia, told him and his siblings those deities had to be the Avatars. Did he remember their names? No. But religion or spirituality was never a strong interest of his. Not that he didn't respect the Avatars' work. It just didn't align with the path he chose. Oh well.

Within the temple he discovered a weird looking..well he didn't know what is was. A portal? Nonsense, it couldn't be that...right? Caution thrown to the wind, Hordak remembered his folks didn't raise scaredy cats. The monochrome male walked through the portal.

The place he ended up in was strange time say the least. It appeared to be ruins? Ruins from what? Hordak looked around, just long enough for the rain to splash against his face. Great. The Rose-Esme set out on his mini journey.

-timeskip to Pavilion-

Well...it wasn't such a mini journey after all. By the time he even noticed this underground lake it was already well past midnight. Pink hues squinted at the dim enclosure. Well, at least he was safe from the rolling storm. For now, at least. Hordak saw a strange structure in the center of the lake. Huh, for some reason he really wanted to go there..

Maybe he could find Jasper and they could totally camp out here one day.

Actions | "Speech" | Magic
Fire 0/2 | Bardic 0/2
Kati H.

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirit
2.75 (3) years
Height: 30
AP: 6AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 138

RE: [TS][Jasper] In the deep end

JASPER BLAKE

The man was trying his hardest to find a good way to get out of the rain and retched lightning and thunder. A growl escaped his mouth as he wobbled again, his tail was tucked closed to his stomach, his ears flattened back. A strike of lightning hit near him, spooking Jasper into a sprint. The mud under foot caused him to slip and slide in some places, but it struck fear in him. So much adrenaline coursed through him as he ran as fast as he could. Soon he saw shelter, something that stood upright with a roof overhead. That was amazing, it reminded him slightly of home! But even when he got there, he couldn't find it in himself to stop and instead he ran and looked for a corner to huddle into. Somewhere to hide, shelter himself from the storm.

Instead, he whipped around a corner and there he saw something large and weird. Otherworldly to say the least, eyes widening as he put on the brakes. Those brakes didn't work too well, with his feet caked in mud and a ton of speed built up he slid right into the weird thing.

--------

On the other side, Jasper had curled himself up into a small ball. Refusing to peak until a few moments later, eyeing his surroundings he noticed he was on the other side of whatever that was. His eyes widened as he peered around, but after a few moments a faint familiar scent caught his nose. Was that who he thought it was? Hordak? He rose to his feet only to crouch low to the ground as another flash of light occurred off in the distance. A growl escaped his throat as the rain seemed to become apparent to him. It seemed he had no choice but to keep moving, hopefully he would bump into his 'friend'.

He wandered and wandered until he came across a cave, with little to no hesitate he moved in with haste. Sensate activated, nearly making him pause in his path. Something moving up head, or at least he believed so. With a little more resistance than before, Jasper continued on. That was until he rounded a small curve and there he spotted the one and only creature he had met thus far. Hordak! It sent a surge of excitement through him, perhaps the guy could give him a little bit of comfort... Not that he'd like to admit that, of course. "Hordak! What in the actual hell is this place, and what in the world was that thing that I crossed?" That he 'crossed' would be a portal, but it wasn't like he'd know that. neither would he ever tell Hordak, that thing he crossed, he actually tumbled through it, not 'crossed'. Glow would attempt to activate in the same few moments, attempting to cover his body in a dim glow.

He's Cautious. He Questions. Magic.
Kinetic 1/2 | Light 1/2

The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Height:
AP: 198AP
Linked Accounts

Weight:

Like all things evil and vain, the Weaver of Fate relished in the idea of insurgence, chaos. It was inhumane, yet perfectly sane, but not in a virtuous way -- he loved to watch the mortal’s squirm and blanch, simply because it was convivial. Why else would he even bother?

A child in particular, however, fed the deity’s palace intrigue. Those long, over-extended canines kneeled over Defros’ velvety lips like conniving vipers, a grandeur smirk spieling in furtive suggestion. So, in a wrap of divination and necromantic atoms, set afire by vivacity, the colossal wolf would materialise into the pavilion’s cave. Chasmic, lowly rumbles tore from within, titanous and bestial as eyes of fossilised cloud bore earthbound, “I see your potential, boy, as both rebellious and troublemaking; do not cower, and do not fall. Be blessed, Hordak Rose-Esma, and may your tenacity prosper.” The Weaver of Fate’s voice travelled in tumultuous reverberations, catastrophically dour and archly smug. It was safe to assume that he enjoyed a little uprising, of course. And then, in a haze of prismatic particles, the man would dispel, back into the immortal realm.

SUMMARY
Something has happened!
As voted upon in the site-wide poll, Hordak has been blessed! He has received a blessing marking (#7b2c00) that may be placed anywhere upon his body. Hordak has been granted access to the Blessed powers found here.

He walks. | "He talks."

Hordak
Male
Algiz King
Wolf
© Lightwood
3 years
Linked Accounts

NOTE - Hordak does not have horns yet.

Hordak Rose-Esma

You thought yourself worthy to challenge me, but you are nothing

Speak of the devil. It's as if Jasper could read his thoughts. Which, considering this world was full of magic, wouldn't be too outrageous. Hopefully, his newfound friend didn't have such an ability. Otherwise he'd have to deny many, many, things. The monochrome male raised a brow at the other wolf; pink hues widening slightly as Jasper began to softly glow. "Were you following me, lantern boy?" He cocked a brow as a smug grin stretched across his pale features. Hordak shook off more droplets of water before sauntering closer to the splotched man. But before he could say anything else something...strange happened.

A giant horned wolf appeared from thin air. Hordak could have sworn the beast looked familiar, but he was blanking on the name.

“I see your potential, boy, as both rebellious and troublemaking; do not cower, and do not fall. Be blessed, Hordak Rose-Esma, and may your tenacity prosper.”

The beast's voice echoed throughout the tavern, invading Hordak's body with the low vibrations. It took but a mere second for the hell spawn to acknowledge the words of the vanishing figure. Blessed. Blessed? Ah! Now he remembered! Blessings came from those godly avatar figures. Not that he really paid much attention to those mini lessons from his feline mother. Unbeknownst to him -- at least for the time being -- a rust colored skull materialized upon his face. A dashing pop of color on his otherwise dull appearance.

Hordak glanced at Jasper, brows furrowed in confusion. "Um, i'm not sure I know what just happened." Not one to dwell on things that didn't make sense, the wolf nonchalantly huffed. "Wanna go to that gazebo with me? We can figure out this new place together. That is," he smirked. "If you can keep up, lantern boy."

Fire 0/2 | Bardic 0/2

stock

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirit
2.75 (3) years
Linked Accounts

JASPER BLAKE

Of course, Hordak had to tease him. Along with a weird nickname, lantern boy? What did that mean? Jasper only raised a brow at the mans words, a scoff escaping his mouth. "You'd like that wouldn't you?" Just a ton of poking fun in whatever way he saw fit. It wasn't his fault the weirdo had went to the same place he did... But it sure did seem like one big coincidence, the place they had met first was so far away and so was Hordak's home. He shook away the thoughts mentally, clearing his mind of anything there.

Before their conversation could continue, something happened. Jasper could've cowered at the sight, a wolf, larger than most he had seen (ever). He had massive horns that spiralled into the air, the entire vibe of this guy was off and Jasper hated it. His fur was about to stand on, but the words that left this guys mouth confused him. Be blessed? He looked to Hordak with confusion, but when he looked back the wolf was gone. What in the actual hell was going on?!

At the other man's words, Jasper looked back only to stop dead in his tracks. Everything paused to say the least, this thoughts, his movements, he just stopped and stared. Hordak had a new marking on his face- something weird. Was that always there? No, definitely not it for sure wasn't... But for some reason he second guessed himself because this wasn't possible was it? The tease made him shake his head, a disbelieving chuckle leaving his mouth. "Says you, I mean the hell is up with this land? A wolf with horns? Blessed? Also did you smear mud all over your face or? What the hell is that and where did it come from? Was it always there?"

Jasper stared, he couldn't believe his eyes. He didn't even have a clue what was happening right now, he wasn't even worried about the storm or exploring at the moment.

Kinetic 1/2 | Light 1/2

Hordak
Male
Algiz King
Wolf
© Lightwood
3 years
Linked Accounts

NOTE - Hordak does not have horns yet.

Hordak Rose-Esma

You thought yourself worthy to challenge me, but you are nothing

Okay, so obviously Jasper was having some trouble working things out. He could at least hide his confusion and slight panic with an air of apathy, like he was himself. Really, Hordak couldn't even begin to understand what had happened. Some weird magical god just poofed into his life, spoke to him directly, and then vanished? How was he supposed to wrap his head around that. If he was being honest, which is usually always was, it creeped him out thinking that some higher power was watching him.

He raised a brow at his friend's comment. Mud on his face? Why on earth would he do that? Peering over at the water Hordak nearly choked in surprise. Something was on his face. Something was on his face. Hordak tried laughing it off while furiously rubbing the new marking against his foreleg. It wasn't coming off. Brows knitted as he took in the skull pattern; a lump formed in his throat, but he did his best to swallow the anxious feeling. No. He was better than this foolish panic.

Hordak looked back at Jasper, trying his best to smooth out any worry. "One of my moms taught me and my siblings about Avatars and how sometimes they come down and give mortals magic. That's all I remember, though." He took a few steps closer to his glowing friend. "Does it look bad?" How was he going to explain to his parents what just happened?

Fire 0/2 | Bardic 0/2

stock

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirit
2.75 (3) years
Linked Accounts

JASPER BLAKE

The young man seemed just as confused as he was, turning to the water to peer at the unusual scene. Jasper couldn't even wrap his mind around it, a frown forming on his face. Heavily deep into the thought of it, he just couldn't believe it. He had never heard of such things in his lands. Randomly appearing markings? So called 'gods' that showed themselves to people? Sure, in his lands they had gods they believed in and only the old and crazy had ever seen them. It wasn't like he believed any of that non-sense, but had he just seen living proof? Oh god, was he going crazy? Jasper was certain he hadn't ate anything that would cause hallucinations, perhaps one of his kills was rancid? But no, how would Hordak see the same thing as him though?

But the greyscale man before him spoke, the words rung through out his head. They bounced around about a million times, juggling it back and forth in an attempt to process what just happened. Avatars? Magic? "Avatars? Magic? It exists?" It was so much to take in, he was sure he could've dropped dead right there and then. It was like what his mother said, she won't believe it until hell freezes over. Well, damn those words because he was certain hell froze over and heaven blew up. Then Hordak asked if it looked back. Jasper had to think, stumbling over his words to find a proper non-weird answer. "I- uh- you- it looks fine- what? Yeah, it doesn't look bad at all." Sheesh, good going. What a way to keep a friend, eh?

Kinetic 1/2 | Light 1/2

Hordak
Male
Algiz King
Wolf
© Lightwood
3 years
Linked Accounts

Hordak Rose-Esma

I'd rather be me with you

Hordak blanked. Did he not just say it all existed? Sure, he always believed it to be silly stories his feline mother made up -- bedtime stories -- but he was just proven wrong. Giving Jasper the benefit of believing the questions to be rhetorical, Hordak simply furrowed his brows. He wasn't really expecting his companion to stumble over his own words. In the short time he's known the alabaster wolf, Jasper never seemed the type.

Was it faint relief he felt knowing Jasper didn't think this mark made him look like shit or was a smugness knowing he made the other male speechless. Maybe both. Definitely both. "Maybe we should take a breather and try to process this. You look like you'll faint any second." Which was something he did not want to deal with. His monochrome body heaved onto the ground as the tiniest bit of shock wore off. Hordak, at his core, was someone who craved to be in a higher position of power than his family (most likely to gain his parents' attention), so the notion that a literal god marked him was like a sudden surge of self implied importance that heartily stroked his ego.

"I would have assumed you already believed in magic. Your body was glowing."

Action | "Hordak" & "Jasper" | Magic

stock

Jasper
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Spirit
2.75 (3) years
Linked Accounts

Hordak Rose-Esma

Of course, Jasper was still wrestling with the fact it just proved itself to him. That it all existed, that something just appeared and then disappeared right before his eyes. A frown lay on his face, comprehending everything that just presented itself to him. In fact, he needed to take a seat just out of the shock of it. If they existed, why had they not helped him and his family? Of course, it did not quite meet his mind that these lands were not his own. Even if it did, wouldn't gods of his own stepped in? Would the gods have taken no steps to stop the suffering that occured? The poisoning of their land? His people ruined it, they destroyed it to a point it could not be helped.

He was snagged back to reality when Hordak commented on how he looked, that maybe he would faint any second. "I just might- Hordak I had nothing like this in my land! It is, sort of difficult to comprehend." The words were spoken, perhaps a little bit too unironically. Jasper had no idea what was going on, and was especially shocked when he was told he had been glowing. The man flew up, whipping up around to peer at himself. With wide eyes he whipped back over to Hordak. "No! No, that isn't possible though. I don't have magic- but I was glowing? Nah, no that ain't possible don't play with me." He was so confused. Maybe, maybe others did. But himself? No way.

stock

Hordak
Male
Algiz King
Wolf
© Lightwood
3 years
Linked Accounts

Hordak Rose-Esma

He waited patiently, something very unlike him, until Jasper had finished speaking. Hordak has never meet someone who wasn't born into magic before. Hell, he and his brothers were have said to be gifted from a god -- his mother's words not his. Though that probably true story didn't seem like the best thing to mention right now. Even as a passing joke. The male flinched as the flecked wolf startled. A frown deepening on his face, borderline scowling. "Why would I lie to my friend?" His only friend. Though, it felt weird to refer to Jasper as just a friend. Not that he was about to explore that uncertainty.

"I have a mom who breathes fire. So i've always known that there's magic here. Didn't think there were creatures who didn't know that," he stated matter-of-factly. Did he, himself, have any grasp on what kind of magic he may have? No. Not really. But that didn't mean that he thought he was powerless. Hordak watched the reeling man with faint concern. As if he'd ever let on that he was mildly worried about his friend's sanity.

Here, look into the water and try to make it happen again." The monochrome male heaved himself up and motioned for the alabaster wolf to follow him towards the water's edge.

stock