Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Summer Year 14
Sep. 8th - Oct. 20th

Realms

Factions

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: July/Aug. '21
Character

Friendliest & Best Mage

Hera
[played by Raton]

Adrian
[played by Makao]
Thread
[TS] Sneakin' Sneakin'

Census
M F O Total
Canines 68 62 04 134
Felines 80 70 07 157
Herbivores 10 05 00 18
Other Mammals 21 10 01 32
Birds 07 08 00 15
Reptiles 01 02 00 03
Other 18 06 00 24
Overall 192 162 12 366

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado
Spirited_Away

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome A Lonesome Escape

Juno
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© possum
1.75 years
Height: 23 in
AP: 32AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 27 lbs

A Lonesome Escape

Juno

- Youth -

Juno stepped lightly through the lush undergrowth, panting slightly as he recovered from the heat of the sun. The thick shade was a blessing, the moss below his paws cool to the touch. This place was pleasant, it smelled fresh and of small critters. His soft gaze roved over the vegetation, ears swiveling diligently towards the sounds of little paws.

Enthusiastically, the young wolf leapt toward what he assumed was a mouse or vole of sorts, missing horrendously. He wrinkled his muzzle, tail thrashing before he dropped into a low crouch. His first attempt wasn’t quite so serious, but he did notice the low pressure deep in his belly that told him it was time to find something.

Juno crept forward ever so stealthily, his ears flat against his skull and his tail straight behind him, unwavering. Although his hearing was less effective in his position, his nose could easily gather what was in front of him. He froze, muscles tensing before Juno darted forward, jaws slamming shut over the midsection of a groundhog. It was a little too big for him, despite the rodent’s youth, but Juno wrestled the struggling creature to the ground before readjusting his grip to rest around its throat. Potent saliva pooled in his mouth, coating his prey’s fresh wounds and speeding up the disconcerting process that was death.

When the little mammal went still and it’s rapid heartbeat faded away to dull, far between thumps, Juno dropped his haunches to the earth. He rested the groundhog’s body at his paws, licking his maw before beginning to eat. He was happy with this progress, having never caught such an animal before. While it wasn’t particularly impressive, he was proud.

Once the boy had his fill, he rose and continued forward. His expression was relaxed and content, yet his brows furrowed slightly in distress- he’d come far from his home, and he missed the comfort of his family. The feeling of warm bodies around him at nearly all times, the still, dry heat. He even missed the feeling of stepping on those few too-hot rocks, where his paw would burn uncomfortably and he’d be forced to leap away.

Despite this, Juno knew why he was here. He refused to stay in such a desolate place for the rest of his days- he longed to experience the dangers and excitements of the world. He knew this was an opportunity his siblings likely wouldn’t get, so he brushed the sorrowful thoughts away and fixed his mind on the calls of faraway birds. The boy tipped his slender head to the sky, parting his narrow jaws and letting a somewhat mournful, long howl sail from his throat. He would pace nervously around the trees, expecting no response but hoping for one nonetheless.

He walks. "He talks." He does magic.

Images by Will Burrard-Lucas. Feats are Diligent and Stealthy, elements are Air and Healing. Juno also has Venom Glands.

Alucard
Male
Valkyrja Einherjar
Wolf
© Mangled
3.25 years
Height: 34in
AP: 42AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 175lbs.

RE: A Lonesome Escape

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 01:08 PM by Alucard. Edited 2 times in total.)
Alucard Hellsing

Alucard was out and about once again, this time however, he opted not to stray too far from the Kingdom's borders to conduct another hunt. Wings remained folded by his sides as he traveled, traversing the typical route he would take when heading Eastward.

The Temptation to shed blood was still prevalent in his system, but manageable so long as he regularly sated it by killing prey. As wolves typically did without scrutiny. However, the man halted his walk through the woodlands at the sound of a howl. Brow quirked, he followed the direction of the call since it was reasonably close from what he could tell.

Upon spotting the restlessly pacing teenager, the man attempted to stop ten feet away from them with an inquiring tilt to his head. “Are you in need of assistance? What can I do for you?” The man would ask. Of course, the individual was technically still a child, and Alucard was prone to helping unfortunate children whenever he could. Even if they were a bit late in age to be considered as such anymore.

Speaking & Magic

•Due to Chill, his body temperature is as uncomfortably cold as a corpse.

Juno
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© possum
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

Juno

- Youth -

Juno noticed the ever so soft footfalls of paws upon moss- due to his diligence, of course- just before the canine entered his view. The boy’s young face lit up, and he stopped his incessant pacing to fully face the other wolf.

"Hi there!” He chirped, tail now wagging wildly behind him. "No, no I’m okay! Just.. erm..” He paused, tall ears flicking back in a moment of embarrassment. "Well, lonely. I’m pretty far from home, to be honest with you. But my name is Juno!” The boy grinned widely at the dark wolf, finally getting the chance to allow his eyes to explore the large antlers and veiny wings that laid upon him.

His smile didn’t falter as he attempted to take a few steps forward, tail still lashing with unbridled, practically childish glee. He knew he was acting ridiculous, but he’d never felt such boredom as he did those endless days of travel. Still, he got the feeling that perhaps this wolf wouldn’t take such behavior too well. ’I shouldn’t judge based off appearances,’ He chided himself, his mother’s words echoing in his mind. Not that the man was at all unattractive, no, simply.. stoic?

Images by Will Burrard-Lucas. Feats are Diligent and Stealthy, elements are Air and Healing. Juno also has Venom Glands.

Alucard
Male
Valkyrja Einherjar
Wolf
© Mangled
3.25 years
Linked Accounts

Alucard Hellsing

As the ebony man waited patiently for the teen's response, he noticed that they did not seem to be in any type of distress to be calling attention to themselves. Nor did there seem to be any type of dangers in sight to even assume such. If anything, they sounded rather chipper when seeing him. Well that was uncommon, and Alucard took interest in the reason for the teenager to call for a stranger if they weren't in an emergency.

With a sniff, Alucard could tell they were male, but he couldn't recognize any realm's scent existent on him. At least, none that he knew of. When the teenager replied, Alucard made a small but noticeable jolt of surprise at the answer.

Bored? He repeated the word with an incredulous tone, now examining the boy hoping to find any more reason than that. Posture now straightened as he scrutinized, he decided a more casual approach would be more suitable much rather than a cautiously inquisitive one. Still, he let the Ethiopian wolf approach closer, it wasn't like he was threatened or offended. Just... perplexed.

“Well, nice to meet you Juno,” he began slowly as though wondering how to proceed. “My name is Alucard. If it wouldn't be too intrusive to ask, why exactly are you bored to begin with? What are you doing in the wilds alone?” A simple question that could lead to a choice of different answers. Their response could tell him where the teen came from or their original motive for being here.

Speaking & Magic

Juno
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© possum
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

Juno

- Youth -

Juno blinked at both the movement the dark wolf made at the end of his introduction along with the puzzled sounding reply. He didn’t think his reasoning for calling out was quite so alarming- after all, he hadn’t even expected anyone to reply. He’d walked far enough to notice the utter lack of knowledgeable life. The boy encountered few individuals along his journey, and the ones he did run into were either unfriendly or downright aggressive. It’s a miracle he’d been able to get here- wherever here is- relatively unscathed.

He hummed at the wolf’s words, smile still mostly present despite his short reminiscing. "Every land is wild, if you think about it.." He murmured, feeling a little sheepish after mulling the canine’s words over. "I’m sorry if you were busy or anything- I didn’t think I would hear word back, I was convinced these lands were empty!” While Juno’s english was easy to understand and rather clear, his sentences jumbled at times such as this, accent thickening somewhat.

"I’ve not been able to talk to anyone for awhile, it was a shot in the dark. Loneliness is sad. My family- my ‘Ade, ‘Abo, and aḧwat- siblings, yes- I left them behind to travel. It’s lonesome there, more so than it is when I am really alone. I’m meant for more, I’ll tell you that!” He paused his small monologue, tilting his head at the taller man- ’Alucard, that’s his name,” He reminded himself. “And hey- why are you out here too?”

*Mother, Father, sibling(s)*

Alucard
Male
Valkyrja Einherjar
Wolf
© Mangled
3.25 years
Linked Accounts

Alucard Hellsing

"Every land is wild, if you think about it.."

Alucard's first thought was: 'Here we go.' This sounded like the beginning of a long philosophical speech about this, that, and the other - which usually relied on vague ideas tossed together to make a brutish point. He was not expecting the conversation to go this route, but he prepared himself regardless for the mental strain it would inevitably cause.

However, it took a turn he was thankful for, and Juno's words did not continue down that path. Alucard thanked the Powers he never truly believed in for sparing him today. He listened to the brief explanation of the teenager leaving his family behind in search of exploration and discovery - from what Alucard could understand. While most would such a thing silly... Alucard could sympathize. He wouldn't judge him on his decision, not when Alucard was once guilty of something similar when he was far younger than Juno is now.

Loneliness. What a pain.

“I understand the sentiment.” He gave a nod of acknowledgement. Whether the teen left out of necessity to escape or for a more selfish reason, Alucard would not press regardless. He was here now and clearly smart enough to rationalize his choices, so there was little point in prying on that particular subject.

“There is no need to worry yourself about it. I was on my way to conduct a solo hunt, so I had yet to be engrossed in anything. I was simply concerned for your safety.” Alucard certainly wouldn't tell him the reason for why he was hunting by himself, instead, he would let it be implied he was just going for a snack. “While this place in particular is unclaimed by any realm, the lands you have traveled to are certainly far from vacant of intelligent creatures.” He gave gesture with his right wing, partially unfolding it as if to indicate the whole land as he continued. “In case you hadn't known, you have reached the lands of Yavania.”

Then, folding his wing back up, he sought for an answer of yet another inquiry. “So what purpose do you think you deserve? Did you have a destination in mind - or an idea of one?”

Speaking & Magic

Juno
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© possum
1.75 years
Linked Accounts

Juno

- Youth -

The boy felt his face ache from the smile that split his face when the larger male nodded in what seemed to him a gesture of acknowledgment. He nearly interrupted to thank him before the richly-colored wolf continued, which had Juno’s large ears tipping forward in an obvious eagerness to listen.

’Realm..?’ He thought to himself as his eyes trailed the unfurling wing before him. Juno found himself enamored with the elegant way Alucard spoke, trying his best to focus on the confusing terms that spilled from the other’s lips. He was, unfortunately, so very unfamiliar with this land and its secrets. He knew not that his home would be considered primal by most- significantly less developed than any realm he could come across.

Juno was only aquatinted with the idea of family, therefore it was the only thing that could be considered a value to him. He supposed that it was counterproductive, leaving his one value behind him in the hot, dry dust of the plains. But it was as he said- he was meant for more. Certainly not to be cooped up in a small, less than civilized area for his entire life.

“I’m.. unfamiliar with these words.” He began, wrinkling his nose at the acidic taste that was English upon his tongue. “I have no destination, but I’ve realized that traveling is difficult. There are many things in this world, my ‘Abo thinks I’m wrong about that. I wish to learn about them all.” He considered, for a moment, telling the large man that he liked his voice. Was that odd? ’Yes..’ He answered his own question.

“I think I’d like to meet new people. Nice ones, maybe a few scary ones too.” He added, his initial excitement at seeing the other canine fading into nerves that fizzled and popped spontaneously in his brain like the rattle of a snake. After all, he hadn’t entirely thought through what he would do when he found someplace new. Said rattle in his mind kept him from losing his tongue- at least to Juno’s standards- and he decided to tentatively sit, finally feeling the soreness of his legs. His exhaustion was simply an afterthought- The snake reared it’s ugly head, and the rattling grew louder.

Alucard
Male
Valkyrja Einherjar
Wolf
© Mangled
3.25 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 08:57 AM by Alucard. Edited 1 time in total.)
Alucard Hellsing

When Juno admitted to not fully understanding what he was saying, Alucard smiled. It was hard not to notice the accent Juno carried with every word, so he should have guessed that some English words did not quite catch on as they would have with a native English speaker or someone with mastery over it. English was a very difficult language to learn, judging from Alucard's experience as a German native speaker.

Still, the Ethiopian wolf seemed to have an impressively firm grasp on it, thus far. However, their conversation couldn't go very far if Juno was simply going to guess certain words. But Alucard was not in the mood to limit his speech yet again for another individual who struggled to understand. It wasn't out of selfishness to not try, it was simply that it took too long to think of simpler terms without accidentally sounding offensive by dumbing his speech down. So what was the alternative?

The winged male quirked a brow and made a hum of regard. Meet scary people? Was he the adrenaline seeking type? Looking the teen over, it was reasonable to assume that he could likely run fast when he needed to. Did he also have experience in talking his way out of dangerous situations? That could only achieve so much, if the aggressor was even willing to listen. And running away would not always guarantee escape. Alucard opened his mouth to comment...but first.

“I'm going to try something that could help us communicate better: magic.” With that brief warning said, Alucard leveled his gaze with Juno and mentally noted to prevent himself from letting his eyes wander elsewhere. Lest the power failed by losing eyesight of him. The psychic power of Rosseta-Stone activated with but a thought, and Alucard continued confidently. *“This spell will automatically morph my words to an equivalent translation to your native tongue.” The words would come out as Tigrinya since Alucard had mastered the spell ages ago, so there was little chance of a hiccup from what he believed. “You are right about that, there are many things to learn in the world, especially here in Yavania. Such as the existence of magic and its unbreakable laws, for one example.” Whether Juno was familiar with the notion of magic from his homeland or in his travels, he couldn't be sure. Like most large collections of lands, Yavania was unique when came to its potential and rules. But even then, not every other location in the world had magic to begin with.

Like the smaller wolf, Alucard decided it would be best to take a seat as well. It didn't seem like he would be leaving anytime soon at the moment, and it would be awkward to continue to tower over the boy. “With much to discover, it is inevitable that you will meet hostility and danger along the way. I mean no offense, but you are rather small, and the larger than average is the normal here. How do you intend to keep yourself safe once you are met with an aggressor?” Alucard refrained from mentioning the criminals that remained unpunished for brutally attacking the Kingdom's pride, now walking free and alive as they currently spoke. There was also to mention that Alucard had a suspicion that there were more of them yet to be seen. “As beautiful and wonderous as the lands might be, danger lurks behind every corner when you're on your lonesome.”

Speaking & Magic

OOC: *Speech from Alucard would sound Tigrinya from this point on unless specifically stated otherwise. <3