Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Spring Year 17
Jul. 11th - Aug. 22nd

Realms

Factions
Disciples
Open
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: June/July '22
Character

Cutest Kid & Most Memorable

Melanthios
[played by Kikimora]

Leif
[played by Avocado]
Thread
For Now I Am Free

Census
M F O Total
Canines 68 62 04 134
Felines 80 70 07 157
Herbivores 10 05 00 18
Other Mammals 21 10 01 32
Birds 07 08 00 15
Reptiles 01 02 00 03
Other 18 06 00 24
Overall 192 162 12 366

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Avocado
Rage

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Private {M} Death in a tarot card

Gryphus
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.25 years
Height: 36 in
AP: 256AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 200 lbs

RE: {M} Death in a tarot card

Gryphus noted the suspicious look. Well, if he was in L's paws, he'd also be suspicious of practically a stranger asking how he'd like his food. There was no telling what poisons could be laced in with the food. And well, L didn't know that Gryphus knew poisons. But he didn't think he'd be poisoning L intentionally unless shit went down.

The man then elaborated, saying that he preferred meats served "well". Did he mean like well-done? But he then added that he preferred fruits over meat. Well, that was something to note. Gryphus was in the camp of "eat whatever is edible" since street kids couldn't afford to be picky. But he could understand; he wouldn't eat pork unless things were very dire.

"Do you mean you like your meat cooked well-done?" he asked in Hebrew. He figured if he dropped some hints of his ability to cook L might ask about it.

The man then went on to ask in English about what languages the gunsmoke giant wanted to learn.

"Italian was the language I wish I'd have learned since it has some similarities to Spanish so it would have been easier to learn and it was needed for my job," he answered in English. He didn't elaborate past that. He really couldn't think of any languages he'd want to learn. Perhaps learn his sister's language of movements and gestures as he had only seen her conversing with Tyto but he had never met her. That was about it in all honesty.

OOC⟶ Sorry for the wait <3
Fire: 0/2 | Necromancy: 0/2 | Shadow: 0/2 | Smoketrail: 0/1
Specimen: ∞ | Linguist: ∞ | Eidetic Memory: ∞ | Investigator

Levi
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Raton
4.75 years
Height: 32in
AP: 13.5AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 71lbs

Levi L Lawliet

L frowned at the male's words I could deny you an answer, saying you were a spy for a certain someone. he replied in a accusing tone, his brown eyes flashing with suspicion There is no way of telling whither you are someone to be trusted or mistrusted -- A spy, a murderer, a kidnapper -- perhaps you are... here he stopped and shook his head, uttering an agitated sigh

" Meat must be well done, yes. Raw or undercooked is foul and disgusting. he said crinkling his nose to show his distasted for it.

His ears twitched at the male's words spoken in English "I see. I learned languages for fun -- read for fun, studied for fun.. So many things in this world I have seen only through books - my windows you could say." he said with a shrug. The books had been his windows into the world, had shown him things he wouldn't have known or seen likewise. Though he was book smart the male failed to truly understand how the real world worked; how things moved and how life really ticked.

He knew the past of several places. Wars and battles, histories of creatures that lived before he -- before his parents, before his grandparents and so on.

Action | "Speech" | Element

stock

Underlined words are in Hebrew<3

Gryphus
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Gryphus couldn't fault L's thinking. L seemed like the paranoid type judging by his line of thinking. The gunsmoke giant had been there before. One didn't get like that without some kind of pressure or past. But he didn't press further. He wondered if L had some brush with an assassination attempt or was being hunted. Or he could just have anxiety and distrust.

L's tirade was halted by an agitated sigh.

The man went on to elaborate, saying his meat should be well-cooked. Gryphus wondered if the man did not have fire magic; he wasn't sure how else one might start a fire unless they had telekinesis that allowed them to use flint and steel -- one would also have to find steel which wasn't easy to come by.

L also went on to say that he learned for fun; Gryphus could relate to some degree. He had immersed himself in books from a young age and learned languages as he went; although most languages he learned hadn't been for fun. But L seemed like he had been in a situation where he was kept sheltered. Or locked away, for all he knew. The mention of books and cooked food pointed towards a civillized upbringing, especially with the mention of windows. Had he grown up in a city and kept within its walls?

"I assume you also lack the skills to create fire?" he asked in Hebrew. He didn't elaborate past that. He figured if perhaps he could start a fire for L, the man could do with it as he pleased. Hopefully he had the capabilities to keep a fire going.

"I learned a great deal through books, but I also enjoyed reading fictional stories as much as I enjoyed studying Jewish texts," he added. He was hopefully gaining a rapport with L by revealing more about himself.

OOC⟶ OOC
Fire: 1/2 | Necromancy: 1/2 | Shadow: 1/2 | Smoketrail: 0/1

Levi
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Raton
4.75 years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2022, 10:24 AM by Levi. Edited 1 time in total.)
Levi L Lawliet

"I assume you also lack the skills to create fire?"

Wait.. What? The male flashed the other with an unamused glare, fixing his mud-pit like eyes onto the giant before him. Was the wolf daft, L had thought better of him. Glancing down at his own paws, L let a grin pass over his face < Does it look like I have the hands of an ape? Surely you can see by my paws I can do no such thing> he rattled of the words in German, his had shaking as he did.

Fire! Preposterous ! Surely the wolf was yanking his tail? Could he make fire? Unless there was some kind of magic done then there was no way a animal with paws and no thumbs could produce the crackling flames.

No, I cannot make fire. I am assuming you could? But then the only explanation to it is magic -- we share the unfortunate mark of an animal with paws not hands. So, is it magic then? he said , picking up Hebrew once more with an amused arch of an eyebrow.

His ears twitched forwards Fictional, I was allow to read no such thing -- there were many things I was getting ready to read, to study until I was sent out to --- here he paused and frowned he had about leaked something to this stranger Never mind what I was going to say. Jewish history was something I had planned to study but never got to do it. To many other things to learn first they had told me, BAH! he shook his head and turned his gaze away. He perhaps was still a bit grumpy about losing all of his books, his precious books and space that held them.. His oddly shaped room lined with shelves of books read time and time again; each one pertaining information to the world. Puzzles stacked high in various places.

"But then, we have have wants in this cruel place we live in. he added in English in a low tone.

Action | "Speech" | Element

stock

Underlined words are in Hebrew<3
Words between <> are in German<

Gryphus
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Silverfrost
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

L decided to rattle off words in German. But Gryphus didn't need to know German to get an idea of what the man said. Most likely he didn't think he could make fire. But thankfully, the man returned to Hebrew. He said that he could not make fire, although it seemed like he knew about magic. Well, Gryphus fixed his gaze upon a bit of lone dry grass near them. He made a movement with his head to get the man's attention. And then he activated Ignite upon the grass, causing it to spark and catch on fire.

"I found I had that magic when I came to these lands," he said in Hebrew.

The man said that he had never read fictional works. Gryphus was a literature nerd and had read all of the classics and then some. In his humble opinion, no one had truly lived until they read Nobility and Bias and Perception and Imperceptibility or other works of the great author, Jenny Dalles. He did get a bit concerned by L's cut-off tirade. He had been sent out to do what? Well, L didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it.

Gryphus's eyebrows raised as the man mentioned he had never gotten to study Jewish history. What the actual, complete fuck? No Jew referred to things such as the Torah as "Jewish History". This man was not Jewish was he? And here Gryphus was thinking the man was a better Jew for keeping more kosher than he was. And any Jewish household would teach the Torah before everything else. This man was goyim.

Now Gryphus was not one to gatekeep languages. Although he knew such things existed; Rromani was a closed language and only those who were Rroma learned to speak it. But a goy speaking Hebrew without knowing a lick of the Torah rubbed him the wrong way, and not like how Betsalel everyone had a bit of Hebrew words in them, Jewish or not, no, L was speaking fluent Hebrew yet he was goyim.

"How the fuck are you speaking Hebrew when you're not Jewish?" the gunsmoke giant said in English.

OOC → Sorry for the wait <3
goy/goyim refers to non-Jews
Fire: 2/2 | Necromancy: 1/2 | Shadow: 1/2 | Smoketrail: 0/1
Art by BeastsofDreams

Levi
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Raton
4.75 years
Linked Accounts

L glanced in the direction the other man had nodded and watched in silence. A flame sprung up on a patch of dry grass, fire magic! L noted this in his head and angled his gaze back towards the large brute "I see, I too have found I have something. he said in a murmuring tone but left it at that, not bothering to prove himself to this male. Why need he? Surely they wouldn't meet again. Unless their fates were intertwined but then -- did L believe in fate? It had been his once to marry the girl his mother had set up for him. BAH!

His eyes turned back to the flames, watching them with a sort of curious look that wasn't entirely interested and then the male spoke in English. Poor language, foul language. L turned his head back to the giant "No, I am not Jewish. Need I be to speak it? Need I be Korean to speak Korean? English to speak English? his fur bristled at his ruff "I misspoke when I said History, everyone makes mistakes his tone hardened "As for how I can speak it I do not believe it is any of your business. Who are you anyway? Do you know me? Were you sent here to bring be back? Well I have news for you I won't go, you cannot make me. he spat the words, suspicion crawling into his mudpit gaze.

He would not explain himself, no he would not explain himself to this man nor to anyone else. His nose wrinkled faintly as he stared the brute up and now "Now then, need I ask why you can speak other languages if you are not Native to them? he asked flatly.