Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and almost always available. We are a sandbox roleplay, but we have many sitewide events to spice things up! We have very few limitations when it comes to character creation, and New Members get a huge bonus! We offer a vast spectrum of free-to-play creatures, including but not limited to wolves, lions, hyenas, panda bears, wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation to see what other species you can play! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Winter Year 12
Dec. 25th - Feb. 4th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights: Nov. '20
Character
Most Spiritual

Mononoke
[played by Spirited_Away]
Thread
Cothurnus VS Perses

Census
M F O Total
Canines 61 51 03 115
Felines 39 38 03 80
Herbivores 07 08 00 15
Other Mammals 21 14 00 35
Birds 07 09 00 16
Reptiles 02 03 00 05
Other 01 01 00 02
Undead 16 06 00 22
Overall 154 130 006 290

Map

Staff
Akradr
Lightwood
Amelia
Avocado

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

LW's Inspirtaion

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
Height: Smol bean
AP: 15AP
14 Attached Accounts

Weight: Thicc

RE: LW's Inspirtaion

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 10:00 PM by Lightwood. Edited 3 times in total.)

Name: Missy Papa
Height/Weight: 40in/180lbs
Body Type: Bulky
Species: Spotted hyena
Appearance: A cloak of midnight hues settled upon this girl. The darkness, caused by melanism, that drapes over her stocky and clunky body reflects that which is her soul. Or whatever is left of it. Her body is tall and heavyset. Weighing in on the bulkier side of her species. Once swaying with grace, she now stumbles and slurs with her body. The only thing that pops from her dark coloration are her dark blue eyes. She wears a necklace laced with canine teeth. Her most prized possession.
Personality: Missy had once been a polite girl. Prim and proper, just how mother raised her. However, because she loves her brother oh so dearly, she let William perform his many experiments on her. What exactly he did to scramble her brain, she won't say, but he messed her up real good. When she used to possess high intelligence she is now a dim light bulb. A dull crayon, really. There is the rare occasion when she becomes sentimental and lovey dovey, but just 'give her a shake' and she's back to her dimwitted self. That doesn't mean she isn't creative or sly. Just like darling Willy, Missy can be quite manipulative. Especially when she knows it will give her what she desires. Due to the damage to her brain she may appear like an airhead who spaces off frequently, but that isn't always the case. Missy can be smart within her own right. For example, she's smart enough to know how to perfectly extract other creatures' teeth. Oh, yes, how she loves teeth. Perhaps it simply started out as a strange obsession with William's long canines. How pretty and big they are! Sometimes Missy won't look others in the eyes, instead just staring at their mouths, wondering if their teeth feel as smooth as they look. Like a midnight doll sitting up in the attic, cracked and covered in cobwebs, how unsettling the feelings are when around her. With her brother, Missy would do pretty much whatever he tells her to. So long as she is the only special someone in his life. Hell, whoever gets too close to her William is already on her death wish.
Magic: Healing, shadow, psychic(necklace)

Action | "Missy" & "William" | Magic

I've had a very long day. I am very small. And I have no money. So you can image the kind of stress i'm under

- John Mulaney

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
14 Attached Accounts

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2020, 07:11 PM by Lightwood. Edited 6 times in total.)
CONCEPT #1

Name: Bha'ti
Species: Lion (in his culture, they are considered 'Yautja')
Height: 230lbs
Weight: 44in
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: A goliath of a man. Standing at 44 inches and pulling a weight of 230 pounds, it would be wise to avoid this beast. His body is a typical tawny color, usual for lions. His mane and tail tip are affected by melanism, turning the fur to a chocolate/caramel color. Light brown and bronze scales litter his face and body at almost random intervals, and yet they are purposeful. Light colored quills are scattered throughout his mane in small clumps. Barely peeking through the dark fur. The scales and quills are things all yautja have for added protection. The scales help aid in protection from the sun while the quills help to protect his neck in case of surprise attacks. Once he became an adult, two blue-gray feathers were woven into his mane with brightly colored beads. It showed he was of age to be considered a 'young blood'. Long fangs break past his lips, giving him the look of almost having mandibles. In his culture it is normal to show off one's strength in combat and it hunting large game. During his chiva, his trial (or also referred to as hunting a worthy prey), he received an almost fatal puncture wound in the right side of his cheek. Now there is a gaping hole there showing off some of his teeth and gums. The wound has long since healed, but it is a gnarly sight to behold. Especially when he's in the scaring/joking mood and willingly sticks his tongue through the gap. During his many many spars, he sustained a large burn across the left side of his face, almost taking it over completely. After successfully completing his chiva, he gained the mark of 'blooded' upon his forehead. It closely resembles the game he hunted, something his kind call kiande amedha, or serpent. His eyes are a pale yellow, the burns he suffered turning the lids of his eyes a light flesh color. The yautja are a strange looking bunch, but they are battle ready at almost any given moment.
Personality:
Feats: agile(?), durable, diligent, investigator, stealthy, tracker
Other: giant trait, quills, longer canines, scales
Language: Yautja communicate in a series of click, trills, grunts, and roars; however, due to the influx of bringing non-yautja into the clan to spread stronger bloodlines, they have had to better vocalize their speech in actual words and have learned english to better accommodate their non-native brethren. They have a written language that is comprised of dashes. They don't teach this knowledge to outsiders, so the chance of someone else knowing their written code is very slim
Common vocabulary:

Action | "Speech." | Power.

I've had a very long day. I am very small. And I have no money. So you can image the kind of stress i'm under

- John Mulaney

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
14 Attached Accounts

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2020, 03:08 PM by Lightwood. Edited 14 times in total.)
CONCEPT #2

Name: Bha'ti
Height/Weight: 42in/230lbs
Body Type: Bulky
Species: Lion (in his culture, native born are called 'yautja')
Appearance: A goliath of a man. Standing at 44 inches and pulling a weight of 230 pounds, it would be wise to avoid this beast. His body is affected entirely by melanism. Creamy chocolate is the base color, while darker versions of the chocolate dance around his mane. Passed along from his mother are a few russet-brown colors that show predominantly in his mane along the tips of the fur. Bha'ti's eyes are a dark wine red. Under his left eye is the mark of the 'blooded'. Where an elder yautja carved the design into his fur and flesh. The image closely resembles what they call kiande amedha (the closest english translation to that is 'hard flesh'). While he was still living in the clan, his younger kin wove blue and yellow feathers into his mane. He's kept them ever since as a sign of affection. Wrapping around his ears are gray horns than then curve up. As a 'mask' of sorts, is his father's bleached skull held up by a thick leather cord. The cord is sometimes hard to spot within his mass of hair. Threaded from one end of the skull to the other, the 'mask' is not intended to ever come undone, you merely slip it on and off. But Bha'ti hardly ever takes the article off. Around his lower torso is a leather satchel that he can hold his various herbs (toxic and non-toxic). His tail is a short stub, only going out a few inches from his body. Full body ref.
Personality: blunt, logical, determined, stubborn, cold, respectful, ruthless, honorable, aggressive, arrogant, possessive, highly intellegent
Magic: Fire, metal
Feats: Durable, investigator, stealthy
Other: Giant trait, large horns
Item(s): Leather satchel filled with toxic and non-toxic herbs
Language: 
Yautja communicate in a series of click, trills, grunts, and roars; however, due to the influx of bringing non-yautja into the clan to spread stronger bloodlines, they have had to better vocalize their speech in actual words and have learned english to better accommodate their non-native brethren. They have a written language that is comprised of dashes. They don't teach this knowledge to outsiders, so the chance of someone else knowing their written code is very slim
Common vocabulary: 
agaj'ya - realm
'awy'asa - armor
bhu'ja - ghost/soul/spirit
dhi'ki-de - death
gahn'tha-cte - ruthless
h'chak - mercy/merciful
m-di - no
m-di mar'ct - no killing
m-di h'chak - no mercy
m-di h'dlak no fear
pauk - fuck
pyode - soft
s'yuit-de - pathetic/idiot
setg'in - deadly
thar'n-dha - strength
ui'stbi - abomination
yin'tekai - honor
gkaun-yte - hello
ki'sei - I agree/I understand
n'dhi'ja - farewell/goodbye
n'jauka - welcome
sei-i - yes
chiva - trial
jehdin - individual/one
mei-hswei - brother
mei-jadhi - sister
ic'jit - bad blood
cjit - shit
ell-osde' pauk - fuck you
kiande amedha - hard meat
lou-dte kale - child maker/female
pyode amedha soft meat
Body language: 
hackles raised, teeth bared - rage
head and eyes lowered - submission
head cocked to one side - curiosity
shoving someone's shoulder - challenge
paw to someone's shoulder - greeting
head bowed - grief/mourning
eye wide, ears flattened - fear
Ranks: 
Unblooded - unrefined hunters of the future, these are young who have yet to complete basic training
Young blood - refined hunters who are able to take down easy - medium level prey by themselves, they are still not considered "men", by older yautja
Blooded - skilled hunters who are able to take down any level prey by themselves, after their chiva they are branded with the 'blooded' mark
Elite - the most dangerously skilled yautja tasked with hunting down bad blood
Bad blood - yautja who have broken the code without submitting themselves for punishment
Elder - older/wise yautja
Ancient - very old yautja who have helped to create their society
Culture: 
Yautja are centered around a ritualistic hunting of dangerous prey. To experience defeat during a hunt is very shameful and oftens results in honorable suicide. They have a very strict honor code and if broken (accidentally, purposefully, unwillingly) it is a near irredeemable act is most situations. Only high ranked seasoned warriors and young novices are given leeway in this. If a yautja breaks the code they are expected to honorably submit and await punishment. Should the yautja forego punishment then they are stipped of their rank, labeled 'bad blood' and elite hunters are sent to kill them.
The code: 
1. Worthy game consists of those who are able to defend themselves/possibly kill the hunter, those of age (killing children and elderly is considered bad mannered), those not linked to another life (pregnant), and those not weakened by disease
2. Claiming another hunter's kill is a great offense
3. Murdering one's own is the worst crime
4. Never harm the innocent
5. Those who show us mercy are our equals
6. Those who break the code are no longer yautja
7. Never harm offspring or the diseased
8. Never kill the pregnant even if they pose as a threat
9. Hunting ethic is to reveal yourself in a dual

Action | "Speech" | Magic

Base by Lioden

- John Mulaney

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
14 Attached Accounts

- John Mulaney

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
14 Attached Accounts

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 05:02 PM by Lightwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

If they bleed, they can be killed

Bha'ti PS without skull mask (sis cannot for the life of me edit on a skull and have it look good)

Action. | "Speech" | Magic

Bha'ti

stock

- John Mulaney

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
14 Attached Accounts

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 05:10 PM by Lightwood. Edited 3 times in total.)

The Courtiers

Praetor Vlastomil: Swan, 54in(L)/30lbs, male - extremely light blue/silver eyes
Pontifex Vulgora: Bearded vulture, 44in(L)/12.3lbs, nonbinary(biologically male) - dark gold eyes
Procurator Volta: House sparrow, 6.3in(L)/.08lbs, female - right eye milky white(cataracts - blurred vision on the right side), left eye a rich chocolate
Quaestor Valdemar: Griffon vulture 48in(L)/23lbs, nonbinary(biologically male) - deep crimson eyes
Consul Valerius: Secretary bird, 40in(T)/4lbs, male - tortilla brown eyes

All these characters are very used to a rich and luxurious lifestyle.

Make characters based off of Nix Hydra's The Arcana (mostly because i'm obsessed)

- John Mulaney

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
14 Attached Accounts

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2021, 01:39 PM by Lightwood. Edited 3 times in total.)
Vanilla cream (f9e5bc)
Snow (fffafa)
Pastel brown (836953)
Pale lavender (dcd0ff)
Coral (ff7f50)
Salmon (ff91a4)

- Coat is a vanilla cream with a snow white on his muzzle/chest/underbelly and pastel brown as 'eyebrows'/under eyes/right middle toes/left back paw/back of ears (rare color)
- Eyes are a pale lavender with a ring of coral orange surrounding the pupil
- Nose and toe beans are a salmon pink

-male, but won't grow a mane/super small mane due to the heat of his home (it's been proven that some lions won't develop a mane due to their climate's extreme temperatures)

Lioden base

Name: Heimdall Shae
Height/Weight: ♂: 34in/165lbs (smol trait)
Body Type: Slender
Species: Lion (lion/tiger hybrid)
Sexuality: ???
Personality: Aspergers syndrome, narrowed/fixated interests, high intelligence, detailed oriented, socially awkward, stubborn, doesn't like spontaneous change, persistence, uncoordinated movements(clumsy), anxiety, aptitude for recognizing patterns, lack of verbal rhythm, lack of interest/curiosity in opinions of others, high integrity, doesn't pick up on social cues, struggles to understand body language, sensitive to touch and sounds

- John Mulaney

Lightwood
Female
Kool-Aide
Player Account
© Lightwood
18 years
14 Attached Accounts

Make an avatar-like (atla/lok) character

Water, fire, earth, air <--- base elements
Healing, necromancy(for water), electricity(for fire), metal(for earth) <--- add on abilities

WIP...

- John Mulaney