Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year VIII
Oct. 17th - Nov. 30th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights
Character
Aurelius
Spirited_Away
Relationship
Grennian & Exposed
Thread
Breakeven [AW]

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Ailes
Wynter
Spirited_Away
Z/Sina

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

Borders Slitherin'

Rangvald
Male
Verja Resident
A. wild dog
© Amelia
2.25 (6.25) years
Height: 30 in
AP: 24AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 99.5 lbs

Slitherin'

Rangvald was tired of waiting.

He didn't often indulge in impulsive or reckless behavior, but lately the urge had been hard to resist. It was as if he'd become what he hated most: a fool. When it came to his family, however, it was bound to happen. There hadn't been many times when he'd been called upon to protect them, but he'd always done his duty. Now, when his mother actively needed help, the Avatars had stopped them. For what? To grant some aspiring fools a chance to rule? His mother was worth more than any and all of them.

And so his solo investigative work began. The golden wild dog had insisted that their enemies were in the south, and so Rangvald would spy on each realm in the south, one by one, until his mother was found. This realm was the first and closest, in the south, so here he was. Carefully disguised as his usual black form, he used shift to become a California Red-Sided Garter Snake when he was alone. Then, he circled the border, searching for scent or sight of missing Kingdom members.

Action | "Speech" | 'Thought' | Element | Power
Rangvald Dame-Fritjov
just know that these things will never change for us at all
stock image taken by Natalie McNear.

Due to Subzero, Rangvald is uncomfortably cold to the touch -- like snow. He wears a simple silver ring etched with Old Norse runes, wears a golden ring with emeralds and sapphires, and also a silver-chain necklace with a black stone crown; wears a gold ring with square jade gems.

Note: Rangvald can be a horribly unpleasant fellow, but his bark is much worse than his bite. Please know that his opinions of others in no way reflects his roleplayer's thoughts or feelings.

Nimue
Female
Verja Resident
Other bird
© Jordan
5 years
Height: 6 in (L)
AP: 50AP
Weight: 0.5 lbs

RE: Slitherin'

She does-"She speaks"-'She thinks'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She always flew around looking for something to do and instead was stuck watching from the sidelines. It caused her to feel nothing but boredom time and time again. Nimue wished there was more she could do and that she was free once more. Slave life was boring, though quote easy. All she had to do was listen and be quiet. Essence allowed her to smell all in the general area and a weird, yet slightly familiar scent caught her attention. The woman went to investigate and found a snake who smelled somewhat like the kingdom. Nimue landed high in a tree, so she was hopefully out of sight by any others that might come along.

Deciding to give him some information, she attempted to use projection on the man, so he'd see the whole meeting that'd been held by the lioness. It'd be in third person so he saw everything that'd happened and everyone that'd been present. She didn't want to say anything in fear of the masters arriving and overhearing, which wouldn't be good for her. 'I'd leave with the information I gave you before they come. It isn't safe here.' Telepathy would attempt to activate on him, sending her thoughts to the man's mind. Hopefully he did just that, because the kingdom would need that information.

OC: She's showing him everything that's happened in this thread. <3

Shadow
Male
Kamar-Taj Student
Wolf
© Skyhawk
1.75 years
Height: 36in
AP: 33AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 155lbs

Shadow was walking around the boarders looking for something to do. He was bored without any friends in the realm and liked wandering to pass the time. Out of the corner his eyes he saw the sparrow from when he called the slaves. He hid behind some bushes as he observed her. What was she up to? The young wolf was suspicious of the sparrow and decided to cautiously approach. I doubt she would try to hurt me. If she is that stupid one howl and Bastille will rip her apart.

As he emerged from the bushed he saw a snake on the ground a short distance away. The young wolf bent over and scented it then glanced over to the sparrow then scented the snake again. It didn't smell like any creature from this realm. Something was strange. He didn't know where it was from but the fact it was just them alone on the boarders bothered him.

There was a forcefulness in his vice as he spoke, "This snake isn't from here. What are you up to sparrow? I came from slavery and have a distaste for it. The only ones that deserve this fate are coyotes. Are the lions really the fair masters they say they are? Do not try to harm me or I will call Bastille and the others over." Golden eyes would shoot down as he glanced at the snake and scented it again. "If you both are truthful I will not call them and will let you both walk." The young wolf expected a quick response from the pair.

Fraya
Female
Algiz Resident
A. wild dog
© Wynter
0.50 years
Height: 26 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 80 lbs

Fraya Fritjov-Julien
Said I can't go on, not in this way

The sound of voices - especially many at once - was perhaps one of the things Fraya disliked the most. Adults spoke so many things she could not yet comprehend, it was all too annoying for the infant. Joining in to their conversations was never an interest of hers, but to simply know why they talked to each other so much would sure be nice. Yet, her curiosity was far stronger than her frustrations. Large ears twitched as words reached her, her brows furrowed as she looked around. The sound was coming from the borders, or, as she liked to call it, that one part of the territory that had a weird scent to it. She had never said it out loud, but that was the name she made up in her head. Well, the words weren’t exactly perfect, but it wasn’t like she cared.

’Stop sitting around like a rock.’ the pup groaned as she looked down at her companion, its complaints telepathically echoing in her head. ’Go check that out, meyla. Say hi.’ Curling her lips into a frown, the wild dog would rise from her resting spot, painted paws carrying her towards the voices she had heard. She planned on going to take a look at what was going on sooner or later, but it appeared the lorikeet gave her no choices. As she walked, green-paw would activate without her knowledge, dandelions growing from her steps. Because she was young and had not yet mastered the power, the spell would stop working several seconds after being activated.

Arriving the borders, brows would rise above her eyes as she spotted three animals. “Who’re you?” he asked the younger wolf, tilting her head to the side. Fugl had suddenly disappeared, and that saddened the girl. It wasn’t the first time he’d done that, yet, why didn’t he warn her he was leaving? Little did the girl know it was simply a power of hers.

Translations:
meyla = little girl

Action | “Speech” | Magic
I’m a dream, I die by light of day

Bastille

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

Bastille

I'm a name that you'll remember,
I am more than just a thrill,

Normally, Bastille couldn't give a rat's ass what one of the youth that wasn't his kin was up to. Yet, this child was a special case. From being a slave himself to becoming a part of a realm that heavily indulged in the practice, the boy had been through enough to be at least a minor blip on Bastille's radar. If only it weren't for the wrong reasons, such as Bastille's lurking suspicions that the child might try something foolish because he sympathized with the slaves. That was the only reason that Bastille bothered to rise leisurely and follow the teen when he saw the wolf pass by, claws unsheathed for traction and mossy greens narrowed in annoyance.

He hung back enough that he hoped not to be detected, yet kept close enough to be in earshot. It was a good thing he had because Bastille was pretty sure he'd just caught the brat about to do something incredibly stupid, in front of one of his nieces no less. A low warning rumble emanated from the specimen's chest as he aimed to approach from directly behind Shadow, sharp words seeking to hit home as the man found himself rather annoyed with the boy's behavior. Did he really think that Bastille was some servant to be called on a whim? That he could try to bargain with one of their slaves without a slaver noticing? His muzzle wrinkled at the thoughts, helping to display his displeasure.

"Calling for me will prove to be unnecessary. It appears as if you're actively seeking our slaves out in order to gain information from them. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were acting rather suspicious... I would fear that you might have some sort of sentiment towards our dearest pets only because you've been in their position before and think they don't deserve it." Mockingly lilted tones painted the last part of his sentence as the Enforcer pretty much called him out. Though he was merely taking shots in the dark and basing his guesses on what he'd seen, Bastille was hoping that he'd unearth something to help him figure out what was going on with the child's strange actions. "You're pushing your luck rather far and wearing my patience rather thin with your foolish actions, boy. I expect an honest explanation, and I want it now."

Why else would the child have called for all of their slaves, yet not asked a single master for permission or any of the questions he'd rather wanted to ask the slaves? Why else would he always seem to be trying to glean information about them from said slaves? It felt as if he was plotting something, and Bastille was going to put a stop to it immediately. Hackles would dance for intimidation, tail flicking leisurely behind him as he turned his head towards the slave. "You have no business upon our borders, slave. I'd suggest you refrain from lurking upon them, lest someone begins to believe that you're planning to try to run."

With his piece said, the specimen then turned to the snake with an exasperated look that quickly hardened with a quick inhale. The scent he carried (the scent of the Kingdom, though Bastille was unaware of what it was called) was one that had been upon many of their slaves, and Bastille was more than quick to dismiss the child and slave from his mind in the face of a bigger issue. Especially since one of their rather young youth was now in potential harm's way.

"And you will be coming with me, willingly or not. Make your choice." Bastille left no room for argument in his tone.

The man's stance would not widen upon the mossy and slick terrain, nor would his legs bend because he wasn't actually attacking the serpent yet. Due to his mane and the fact that he was fighting a snake, Bastille didn't bother to pin his ears or lower his head/part his jaws to protect his throat. After having said his piece, the man didn't bother to keep his jaws parted in order to bite down either since he wasn't physically going for the other male yet. Claws, still unsheathed for traction, would dig into the earth dangerously as he awaited a response.

Bastille vs Rangvald
For Hostage
Move 1/3 (verbal)
3 days
42 in/220 lbs (Bulky; top speed of 50 mph due to Specimen + Agile)
Excellent health
Full dodge unused
4/4 spars won* (link)

Actions. | "Speech." | Thoughts.

Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Endurance ∞ | Specimen ∞

OC: Two more spars are in the log but they are in progress atm so I didn't include them. ^^

Translations
1 - N/A

I'm gonna be the greatest ever now,
I'm a force that you will fear

Julien

Lion stock - IanZA.

Rangvald
Male
Verja Resident
A. wild dog
© Amelia
2.25 (6.25) years
Height: 30 in
AP: 24AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 99.5 lbs

Unused to this form, he missed the sparrow until images were projected into his mind. He paused, overcome by the information he was being shown. Mother! So, she was here, as were several others. Tongue flicking, he searched until he spotted the source of the projection and found Nimue.

He gave her a nod, intending to leave so that he could return with the information to the Kingdom. As if that would hep. The Avatars wouldn't let them raid this land, so what could they do? Perhaps it was better he stayed and tried to take them down from the inside.

He froze when he realized he'd been spotted by a young boy...who quickly revealed he was insane. Coyotes apparently deserved to be enslaved because they were coyotes? What in helheim was wrong with this boy? Some ex-slave that thought slavery was fine based upon species? Rangvald frowned when a young wild dog approached, but he had little time to test her scent before a lion approached. This, apparently, was the lion (Bastille) that the boy was speaking of.

Rangvald paused, realizing he'd been spotted. Revealing his true form would be foolish...but he had little chance of winning a spar like this. Well, then. Time to use his (truly) forked tongue. Coiling his body up in a ball (defensively) in the soft and cool grass, he did not display his teeth, trying to appear non-threatening. "I'd prefer not. I've only just escaped my last captors. The Kingdom held me prisoner, and I stumbled upon your borders by accident. I intended to leave but that boy approached me and tried to engage me in treacherous affairs. I'd keep an eye on him, were I you."

Rangvald felt no shame for throwing the focus back on the boy.

Rangvald VS Bastille
For Self-Defense (verbal)
Move 1/3
2 days to reply
36 in (L) & 0.33 lbs
Good Health*
Full Dodge Unused
*Treated Depression

Action | "Speech" | 'Thought' | Element | Power
Rangvald Dame-Fritjov
just know that these things will never change for us at all
stock image taken by Natalie McNear.

Due to Subzero, Rangvald is uncomfortably cold to the touch -- like snow. He wears a simple silver ring etched with Old Norse runes, wears a golden ring with emeralds and sapphires, and also a silver-chain necklace with a black stone crown; wears a gold ring with square jade gems.

Note: Rangvald can be a horribly unpleasant fellow, but his bark is much worse than his bite. Please know that his opinions of others in no way reflects his roleplayer's thoughts or feelings.

Nimue
Female
Verja Resident
Other bird
© Jordan
5 years
Height: 6 in (L)
AP: 50AP
Weight: 0.5 lbs

She does-"She speaks"-'She thinks'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nimue watched as the snake nodded and refrained from offering him a smile. They weren't in a very safe spot and smiling to the creature could potentially cause them to get caught. She was about to take her leave when the wolf who'd asked about the fairness of the masters came along. He accused her of making traitorous actions before telling her not to harm him, which hadn't even crossed her mind. The little brat sure was annoying though. Essence allowed her to smell Bastille a little ways away which was a little alarming, but she decided she'd say something to save her little butt. "Generally, birds do not have a good sense of smell. I would happen to be a part of that large group." She explained before turning here attention to the lion as he approached.

Frigga's daughter came along, which wasn't too good, but she otherwise ignored the small girl. All of Bastille's words were heard and she waited for him to finish before she'd speak, though she hoped it wouldn't get her in any trouble. "It never crossed my mind, sir. I wouldn't want to get into any trouble." She listened to every word that escaped the snake's mouth and she decided too vouch for him. "That's why you look so familiar..." She muttered, though made sure that she'd be heard by everyone present, just in a low voice. Hopefully, it would expand on the lie and make him think the smaller creature was telling the truth. Hopefully it'd help, but she couldn't be too sure.

Nimue didn't want to be a bother, but she wanted to make sure if she could leave. "Excuse me sir, and sorry for bothering you, but is my presence no longer needed?" Her tone was more of a cautious one, because she didn't want to get in trouble for talking, but she just wanted to know what he'd prefer. She'd rather him say no so she could stay and hopefully talk too the reptilian man more.

Qualopec
Male
Julianna Slaver
Snake
© Zuulokalhi
3.0 years
Height: 54 in (L)
AP: 4AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 13 lbs

Qualopec was out intending to search for something to pretty up his den. It was a pretty little thing. A hole to some, but a fortress of stones to him. The interior was as serpentine as himself, but spacious enough at the end to make a living room of sorts. A distinct commotion at the nearby border was brought to his attention. Initially, he tried to write it off as just the wind, or simply nothing to be bothered with. But with a sigh, he remembered his position in Julliana and his duty as a slaver. Belly wriggling as fast as it could, he would finally go check it out.

No question, Qual was met with a slew of information. Most notably was the lion Bastille's accusations towards some boy and a bird he couldn't see. He heard her. "Yes, slave, goodbye." Tones said to Nimue quickly. Obviously, he was more concerned with the handsome stranger that appeared to be the root of the cause for them all to be here. Was just an assumption, though. "Oh, honey that sounds awful..." Pitying tones cooed with pursed lips. He'd attempt to approach the Rangvald-snek from a 45 degree angle on his right side, closer to facing his head than his flank. He'd try to stop about three feet or so away and coil himself up for defensively. His eyes were narrowed, but the rest of his form appeared flirtatiously. Thus, fangs were held with lock and key, and tail did not lash threateningly. "Come with me, babe, I'll keep you safe~" Though he didn't mean to, Ignite would attempt to spark itself upon the top of Rang's head, on the middle of the scaled crown, where Qualopec was looking. Since he'd only used it once before, it would only cause minor irritation, if it hit its mark.

Qualopec and Bastille vs Rangvald
For Hostage w/fb
Move 1/3
2 days
54 in (L), 13 lbs
Excellent health
Full dodge unused
Fire 1/5
Water 0/2
Regulate 0/1

Bastille

Unregistered
©
years
Height:

Weight:

Bastille

I'm a name that you'll remember,
I am more than just a thrill,

Rounded ears, pricked because he cared little about their protection due to his mane (the same reason he didn't bother to protect his throat by parting his maw or lower his head), listened both the slave's excuses and the snake's explanation. Bastille remained unmoved by either, mainly because he didn't really care about what they said. The point still remained, the slave had been lurking where she shouldn't be and the snake had been lingering upon their borders. Wrinkled muzzle would've quirked into a malevolent smile at the mention of Shadow, a thorough tongue-lashing already planned ahead for the child, as mossy greens never strayed from the coiled snake.

Not even when another slaver, the feathered serpent he recognized from the meeting, arrived to make his own remark. When Bastille figured that he'd said his piece, the Enforcer decided to speak up with a placidly flicking tail. Hackles still danced in the air for dominance and intimidation, stance unwidened and his legs unbent since he wasn't physically attacking the rogue. For similar reasons, he didn't keep his jaws open in preparation of a bite and as soon as he was finished speaking, the man would close them. Claws were still unsheathed for traction, digging into the loamy soil beneath him as he begrudgingly let his maw smooth to help with their... "negotiations."

"If you come from a potential enemy of the Empire, perhaps it would be wise to inform our queen and council of them. You must have information of some value to us... and staying here will mean protection in case they come to reclaim you."

Bastille & Qualopec vs Rangvald
For Hostage
Move 2/3 (verbal)
2 days
42 in/220 lbs (Bulky; top speed of 50 mph due to Specimen + Agile)
Excellent health
Full dodge unused
4/4 spars won* (link)

Actions. | "Speech." | Thoughts.

Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Endurance ∞ | Specimen ∞

OC: Two more spars are in the log but they are in progress atm so I didn't include them. ^^

Translations
1 - N/A

I'm gonna be the greatest ever now,
I'm a force that you will fear

Julien

Lion stock - IanZA.

Aldric
Male
Julianna King
Tiger
© Marissa
3.25 years
Height: 40
AP: 62AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 210

Aldric Julien

He arrived late, though Aldric didn't immediately throw himself into the fray either.

He observed, watching his brother and the snake fight against another snake. If it was up to Aldric, he would rather throw both of them out. Snakes were not something that he dealt well with. Which was one major reason why he wasn't going closer. There was, however, an issue of the bird being close to the borders. Why was a slave making herself known here? Who did she belong to? Aldric's ears flicked, his eyes landing upon the sparrow. She had been the one that they had attacked before. Aldric hummed to himself, even as the fight seemed to continue on. For now, though, the tiger simply kept himself there as back up. After all, the snake could pose as a pet for Claudine but it would not help in the quest of gaining children. So, there was no point in putting effort for Aldric. Which meant that his brother could do it to his heart's content. Reclining upon his haunches, the tiger simply waited.

"Talk here."
flickr