Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year VIII
Oct. 17th - Nov. 30th



Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights
Character
Aurelius
Member
Spirited_Away
Relationship
Grennian & Exposed
Thread
Breakeven [AW]

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Ailes
Wynter
Spirited_Away
Z/Sina

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!


Borders Finding what is missing









Lucien
Male
Algiz Resident
A. wild dog
© Marissa
4.25 (10.75) years
Height: 30 in
Posts: 621
AP: 12AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 85 lbs

Finding what is missing


♛ Lucien Eadric Tyran ♛

Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers


Lucien was impatient of waiting. Extended link directed him where he needed to go. Tracking Nashad through their bond was the easiest way for him to obtain what was missing. He didn't know the reason as to why Nashad had never tried to contact him but he could certainly guess. He probably didn't want Lucien to be captured either. However, impatience to regain what is his pushed him forward. He was at the borders of the land, invisibility making it so that he was hidden. For now, until he found signs of Nashad actually being here. Extended link continued to point him in this direction, however. And there was no true reason why he needed to be wary of the link. He didn't think it possible for it to become corrupted.

Not if someone didn't realize that Nashad had a linkmate. It was something that he had to be careful of. He never stayed in the same place, his ears pinned against his head as he traveled. His head was low as link was used. Nashad! Perhaps eventually, the coyote would be less stubborn and answer him. After all, Lucien would fight for him with everything that he had.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic









Reply










Nimue
Female
Verja Resident
Other bird
© Jordan
5 years
Height: 6 in (L)
Posts: 187
AP: 50AP
Weight: 0.5 lbs

RE: Finding what is missing

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 12:54 PM by Nimue. Edited 1 time in total.)
She does-"She speaks"-'She thinks'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Essence allowed her to smell many things, even scents that'd been made a long time ago. Now, one was strong and she flew in its direction. It seemed she'd gotten close, but became when the scent started to fade the farther she moved forward. Deciding to turn back, she headed where the scent had been strongest and landed in a tree. She looked around, but saw no one, yet it smelled like someone of the kingdom was around. Maybe they were an incredibly small creature or somehow prevented those around from seeing them. It was interesting.

Nimue decided not to say anything, so she didn't blow their cover. Instead she simply stayed where she was. If they had psychic, they'd probably talk to her. If not, there was chance she might figure out who it was. Until then, she looked around for any clues that might point her to the source of the scent. Hopefully she could give them some type of information.









Reply










Claudine
Female
Spirit
Lion
© Amelia
4.75 (5) years
Height: 40 in
Posts: 101
AP: 41AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 184 lbs

RE: Finding what is missing


Claudine Julien

No Queen Has Clean Hands


Patrolling the borders was the most mundane part of ruling, but Claudine had been waiting to lead all her life. She would not slack in her duties now that she'd achieved the Empire her family deserved. Especially not with younglings running around. They had to be protected, and that started with secure borders. Though she knew her brothers would patrol here as well, she figured another set of eyes could only help.

Yet it wasn't her eyes that detected something was amiss. A scent, unfamiliar, reached her nose. She parted her jaws, inhaling deeply. No, it wasn't in her mind. Something was there. Someone, rather. She followed the trail, displeased by this turn of events. Who dared linger on their borders? If they meant no harm, wouldn't they have alerted someone to their presence? As she tracked the unfamiliar scent, she began to call for her brothers, alerting them to the potential threat and asking for assistance.

Better safe than sorry.



OC: Claudine is calling for her brothers.

Alex Berger







Reply










Bastille

Unregistered
©
years
Height:
 
Weight:

RE: Finding what is missing


Bastille

I'm a name that you'll remember,
I am more than just a thrill,


Agile despite his hulking frame, Bastille was more than quick to set himself in motion in order to answer his Queen's call. It had warned of possible intruders, something that made his lips twitch darkly, requesting assistance that Bastille was more than happy to provide. Hackles danced for intimidation in case he were to be seen by unwelcome eyes, head hanging low with jaws barely parted. His claws were unsheathed for traction against the mossy earth, tail aiding in his balance as he moved across the potentially treacherous terrain. The longer he spent in this land, the better accustomed he was to it. It was only a minor discomfort now, a small niggling sensation in the back of his mind occasionally making him feel like he was taking a wrong step.

That was more than easy enough to smother, though, and so he strode with a swaggering confidence.

Mossy greens would hone in on his sister as she came into view, brows raising in question as the male aimed to slow down and approach her leisurely now that he had arrived. Though he wouldn't speak, he offered his support in the gesture of attempting to fall in alongside her right so his shoulder was even with her flank. If anything happened, Bastille would be there. But that was more than him adhering to his duties, that was a promise spawned from endless loyalties to his family. As prickly as he might be, as cold and seemingly unpleasant to be around, the man did truly adore them. It was just showing it in the ways that others deemed "normal" that he had issues with. His ways of showing affection were normal to him, though, and as long as his family didn't mind then the Warden didn't either.

Actions. | "Speech." | Thoughts.

Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Endurance ∞ | Specimen ∞

Translations
1 - N/A

I'm gonna be the greatest ever now,
I'm a force that you will fear



Julien

Lion stock - IanZA.








Reply










Jean-Baptiste
Male
Julianna Knight
Lion
© Zuulokalhi
3.75 years
Height: 39 in
Posts: 47
AP: 4AP
Weight: 198 lbs

RE: Finding what is missing

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 05:20 PM by Jean-Baptiste. Edited 1 time in total.)
Jean-Baptiste Julien

A Snake with Blue Eyes

A call sounded for him from the border. His sister. That meant his brothers were needed as well. She didn't sound particularly disstressed, but Jean knew better to keep Claudine waiting anyway.

He arrived to find Bastille had beat him there. He was going to poke fun at him one-uping him, but instead was drawn to the empty space before them. It smelled very vaguely like his new concubine. Upon more deliberate nasal inspection, he also faintly smelled of the 'kingdom' he'd heard so much about. A lot of their slaves were from there. As she wasn't particularly concealed, attention was taken to Nimue in a tree, as her scent was similar and he was searching for the source. Eyes narrowed. Had she smuggled someone in here? It didn't matter. She interfered before with the meeting and tried to pretend it wasn't to help her fellow kingdom members out. Now, she just so happened to be there where she wasn't called, when another presumed kingdom member was on their doorstep? His queen didn't seem to notice her. Claudine let the bird off easy, in his opinion.

For now, however, without sufficient evidence, the lion would simply sit near his sister and call her out on her spying. "Your Queen did not call you here. Begone." Gruff voice issued in the bird's direction. Hopefully she'd listen. Otherwise, there would be problems.

Actions. | "Speech." | 'Thoughts.'

Lion (Jonatan Pie) | Background (zummerfish) | Overlay (kerast)







Reply










Ailes
Female
Aide
OC Account
© Ailes
15 years
Height: 5' 5"
Posts: 77
AP: 107AP
10 Attached Accounts

Weight: 126 lbs

RE: Finding what is missing

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 05:22 PM by Ailes. Edited 2 times in total.)
STAFF NOTE

Hey there! ^^

As per the rules, metagaming is not allowed. Metagaming is giving your character information that he should not have. For example, knowing a character's name before they tell it to your character. Lucien is currently invisible so how can Jean-Baptiste see him? Zuu, please edit and explain how or remove all mentions of Lucien being able to be seen. <3

Additionally, a valid reason must be given in order to DM a character. Please provide a valid reason for Nimue's DM (evidence of treason or another reason to DM her) or edit out the spar stats.

Until the appropriate edits have been made, this thread is on hold. This thread is no longer on hold, thank you for editing! \o/







Reply










Aldric
Male
Julianna King
Tiger
© Marissa
3.25 years
Height: 40
Posts: 49
AP: 62AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 210

RE: Finding what is missing


Aldric Julien


The male tiger heard the call from his wife. He walked toward her. It didn't matter what he was doing, if his Queen needed him, he would stop what he was doing. That was simply the way that he worked. The way that they worked. Claudine could do no wrong and it meant that Aldric would always be with her. His ears flicked as he strolled toward her side. He could already see two of his brothers there. Perhaps the other brother was with his children. After all, the male lion had a lot to deal with. Aldric flicked his attention toward his wife, his ears pinned as he picked up that there was something amiss. Where was the scent coming from? Had someone crossed the borders without them being aware? That wasn't something that Aldric wanted to admit to missing. Irritation spiked as he turned his gaze toward his wife. "Donner ordres?" The French came easily, though rosetta-stone would translate it into English. Not that Aldric seemed aware of it. Soothe acted upon him, taking away the negative feelings and letting him focus on what was actually happening right now.



Donner ordres | command?

"Talk here."
flickr







Reply










Yvon
Male
Spirit
Lion
© Marissa
4.75 (5) years
Height: 42
Posts: 115
AP: 208AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 200

RE: Finding what is missing


Yvon Julien

He heard his sister's call.

He came to his paws, removing himself from where he was certain that his children were at. Yvon wasn't willing to leave them for long and so it meant that whatever it was had better be quick. His ears were pinned against his head as he walked toward the place of the borders that the rest of his family was at. He heard the words from Jean, his eyes landing upon the sparrow that was near the borders.

Again?

Irritation spiked, his hackles rising without much regard. He narrowed his gaze upon the sparrow, uncertain where exactly she was in total relation to him. With an irritated huff, the lion walked toward her, his head not lowered because he had to look up. He wasn't worried about his throat, though, his mane more than enough protection for it. It was the same reason that he didn't pin his ears. And because he would be able to hear better. His claws were unsheathed, digging into the grass underneath him. On top of that, Yvon was very much aware of the fact that there was another lurking on their borders. That was something that he would deal with soon enough.

Right now, though, he was going to deal with the current threat to the safety of his children. If a slave continued to head toward the border, it would only result in danger. And Yvon did not need that for his children. They were young and wobbly still. Of course, he would do everything in his power to protect them. And so, it meant that he would have to restrict the movements of one noisy bird that simply didn't know when to give up. His legs were spread for balance, his tail hanging loose at his side, ready to snap upwards at a moment's notice. "Again, you are in no position to be near the borders." Yvon was furious, though he did his best to hide that fury. "Begone from the borders. And if I catch you near it again, you will become a snack."

And this time? She would not get away with it. Yvon would gladly eat her, should it be necessary. When it came to protecting his children, he did not play around. He could not afford to. He did not bother to open his jaws (only to speak) nor did he bother to wrinkle his muzzle. He didn't feel that they were necessary to prove his point.

Yvon vs Nimue
For Dominance (verbal)
Move 1 of 3
2 days
200 lbs and 42 in
Excellent health
Full dodge unused
Speed: 50 mph (agile)
Psychic: 0/2 | Bardic: 0/2 | Metal: 0/2 | Charm: 0/1 | Allure: 0/1 | Pacify: 0/1 | Shift: 0/1









Reply










Lucien
Male
Algiz Resident
A. wild dog
© Marissa
4.25 (10.75) years
Height: 30 in
Posts: 621
AP: 12AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 85 lbs

RE: Finding what is missing


♛ Lucien Eadric Tyran ♛

Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers


Invisibility kept him safe for now. How long that would last was beyond him. He knew that he was in the correct place, though he didn't think about exactly hiding his scent. The only thing that Lucien wanted was to retrieve his husband. Like a spoiled child, once he had his teeth clenched onto something, he wasn't going to let it go. His body was still veiled, even as the sparrow came forward. He didn't necessarily recognize the scent, for all the time that he did not care to actually gain information of those that he lived with. So, to Lucien, she was simply another bird that he didn't have to be concerned about.

That was when a lion would make her way, calling for back up. His hackles would raise as the male kept himself away from them. He continued to linger upon the borders, even as he made sure that he never stayed in once place for too long. Extended link would reach out, allowing the wild dog to call for Nashad without making a sound. Nashad!

He knew that he was in the right place. After all, there was no way that someone could actually tamper with a link, was there? Not unless they knew about it. He had never really heard about such a thing. But it wasn't like he was the best to study mind magic. That was, after all, the expertise of one Nashad Prince. Who was conveniently not there and that just pissed Lucien off. His head lowered, his muzzle wrinkling as the wild dog kept the huff locked away. There was only one option that he could make.

Reveal himself on his terms or wait for the magic to give in.

Option two seemed like a less than stellar option. Not that option one was any better, either. Revealing himself by dropping the cloak, the wild dog kept himself in the shadows of the tree. It hung over him, allowing him to use the shadows should it be necessary. "I do believe that you have something of mine that I would like back." Lucien wasn't going to be playing games right now.

He wanted his husband and he wasn't going to be leaving without him.

Walk | "Talk." | Magic









Reply










Claudine
Female
Spirit
Lion
© Amelia
4.75 (5) years
Height: 40 in
Posts: 101
AP: 41AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 184 lbs

RE: Finding what is missing


Claudine Julien

No Queen Has Clean Hands


Her brothers came, on alert due to her call. One of them spotted the sparrow. What was she doing near the borders? Slaves near the borders never ended well. Thankfully, as her husband showed up, Yvon dealt with the sparrow.

Then, suddenly, a voice. Claudine turned towards it, facing the wild dog head-on but not attempting to close what distance existed between them.

They had something of his? Something...or someone? Since they'd not stolen anything she knew of, she assumed he meant someone. His scent was similar to that of some of their slaves. The Kingdom. It was becoming most troublesome.

How to play this... Helpful seemed easiest. Lure the man into a trap as he brothers prepared to attack. Her claws remained sheathed, she played the part of a kind woman. Her ears, thus, did not pin and her eyes did not narrow. Her legs were spread slightly, paws planted on the saturated earth of her home. Her tail stood still behind her, ready to change as necessary. Her hackles were flat, jaws not parted, and maw not wrinkled. Nor did she lower her head to protect her throat just yet. "How terrible, darling," she crooned. "I'm certain this is a misunderstanding. Why don't you come inside and look for them, if you don't believe us? We can even help. Brothers, husband, escort the wild dog into our home." Do not let him leave. He was too pretty to simply let go, and he seemed to know too much.

As she spoke, she simultaneously attempted to use weaken on the wild dog.

Claudine VS Lucien
For Hostage
Move 1/3
2 days
184 lbs & 40 in
Excellent Health
Full Dodge Unused
50 mph (agile)
Electricity: 0/15 | Necromancy: 0/15
Weaken: 1/1 | Darkvision: 0/1
Clarity: 0/1 | Echo: 0/1 | Charm: 0/1 | Allure: 0/1


Alex Berger







Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)