Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year VIII
Oct. 17th - Nov. 30th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights
Character
Aurelius
Spirited_Away
Relationship
Grennian & Exposed
Thread
Breakeven [AW]

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Ailes
Wynter
Spirited_Away
Z/Sina

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Two in the Hand

Grennian
Male
BlackHand King
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
3.5 (3.75) years
Height: 40 in
AP: 6AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 169 lbs

Two in the Hand

☢ Grennian ☢

Don't underestimate the things that I will do

It didn't take long for Grennian to remember where he was supposed to go. Was he the first? As long as he wasn't last, he fully intended on leaving with exactly what he wanted. Moon-whites turned to look at his heir whom he expected to follow him here. After his defeat and subsequent acceptance, the hyena Graeme was made Grennian's realm's first official member. Tongue lolled happily from his cavernous mouth. Self-satisfaction was an understatement.

However, his task wasn't done yet. It was too early to be celebrating. The lanky lupine stood patiently on the stone steps of the temple. It was a shame the 'avatars' claimed this place, lest it might make a foreboding castle for his empire to protect. Grennian had been here once before. He just couldn't completely recall it.

“Cyfton. I have completed your trials.” Called the masked wolf. He mentally prepared his propositions. If his ambition and strength weren't apparent already, how might he present his realm idea to be so? Gren was no stranger to both the written and spoken word. He'd figure out something.

Post goes here.  “To speak or not to speak?”

Aurelius
Male
Aldrnari King
A. wild dog
© Wynter
2.25 years
Height: 30 in
AP: 88AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 100 lbs

RE: Two in the Hand

Aurelius Dame-Fritjov

'Cause I'm on top of the world, I'm on top of the world. Waiting on this for a while now, paying my dues to the dirt

Time had come for the man to venture through lands he yet knew little of. Though stubborn thoughts insisted he was doing this for nothing but his own pleasure, deep inside the canine knew the true purpose of his explorations. He wanted to find new realms, factions, or anyone who could provide him with information about the captors of his family. Aurelius was quite aware he would find no kingdom laying by the divine lands, as those were meant for the avatars and them only. He had come to this area with different intentions from his general idea. He desired godly advices; knowledge no mundane would be able to provide him with. And if they refused to hear his prayers? He would simply leave and return another day, perhaps then with something to offer.

He wished for answers, but the king knew better than to irritate the gods with his multiple questions. Silence his cravings was not among the avatars’ duties, and he was fully aware of such.

Marching his way towards the Avatar Temple, Aurelius would give himself a minute to look at the place’s overall structure. He had been to the land before, but remembered little of his experience here. How it angered him to know his eidetic memory could only recall things that happened to him when he was one season away from becoming a teen. He knew not if the information he acquired as an infant would have any value now, but who knew? It all held great value through his eyes.

Walking up to the entrance, a brow would rise above his eyes as he spotted a wolf, already inside. His words seemed to be directed towards no one in particular, but the spirit of battle that was nowhere to be seen. He had, according to himself, completed the trials the divinity had passed. That was what the canine could assume, at least. He was unsure if stepping forth and interrupting would be a wise choice, but after debating with his own self, Aurelius couldn’t see why not. Cyfton had “blessed” all leaders, there was no way something severe could happen to him. "Excuse me, good sir." he called, ascension granted wings hugging his laterals, "I can only assume you are here to prove your worth to the spirit of battle as a leader. Say, do my thoughts tell me lies?" Aldrnari’s scent was not absent to him, but his title of king would remain hidden. He knew not how it could potentially affect the conversation, and why share it with a stranger?

"Talk here." && 'Think here.'

I've been waiting to smile, been holding it in for a while. Take it with me if I can, been dreaming of this since a child

Aurelius wears a silver ring with the "Tiwaz" (warrior) rune carved to it on the second rightmost finger of his right paw. The spellsong can be found just to the left of it. A black leather bracelet can also be found on his fore-right ankle.

Graeme
Male
BlackHand Heir
Hyena
© Ailes
1.25 years
Height: 38 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 136/160lbs

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 07:54 PM by Graeme. Edited 2 times in total.)

Graeme Olev

There's nothing you can do, I'm gonna run all over you.

Rosy pads carried the growing ivory child dutifully after Grennian, crosshairs glancing from the dark form ahead of him to glance around in wonder at the stone structure. It rose almost menacingly above them, casting an eerie and fantastical feel to the woodland around them as his skull craned upwards to see the gargantuan tree. This was the kind of thing that Graeme was more than pleased to realize he could now experience since he was free of Pyrth's confines. While the place had been his home for as long as he could remember, Graeme's ties to it faded when his family left him.

That belief was strengthened when D'Artagnan disappeared too, and Sachiko took Fuli's place as a "queen."

Heh, if only he could see her face when he told her that he had finally gotten what was his right. Something that she hadn't even bothered to recognize, instead playing favorites and going straight for her daughter. No matter how natural it probably was to go to your kin first, Graeme was still sore over it. The boy had been there before she'd even been part of Pyrth and she chose someone even newer to be in line for the throne of all things. That didn't sit well at all with the child, and he didn't like things that made him uncomfortable. Lips twitched for the briefest of moments, nose wrinkling at the thoughts before he pushed them away. There was no need to linger on those memories for now, there were more important things to think about.

He'd get his payback in due time anyways.

Realizing he'd been lagging behind, the child hurried his pace and followed Grennian's scent where he attempted to come up directly next to Grennian on his right so they were side-by-side. Brows would furrow in curiosity, looking at the winged canine that approached Grennian with no little amount of blatant confusion and intrigue. Unbidden, telepathy would attempt to activate upon the AWD and send his silent question to the man.

Whatsit?

Action | Speech | Magic

Psychic - 1/3 | Kinetic - 0/2 | Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Persuasive ∞

background from Miss-deviantE & image from Leo Li

Graeme can be a bit of a brat at times. Please understand that his actions and feelings are in no way a reflection of his roleplayer's own feelings. ^^

He wears a necklace composed of a silver chain and a pewter charm grasping an orange-brown gem. On the third toe of his right paw, the boy also possesses a plain black steel ring. Graeme's left ear is decorated with two simple silver metal earrings resembling rings. They are an inch in diameter and about three tenths of an inch thick.

The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Height: -
AP: 1,153AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: -

Another creature felt they had completed the tasks laid out for them by Mother Earth. Without delay (before this one got ambushed like the last), Avatar Cyfton appeared in a whirlwind of snow. Cold winds whipped around the surrounding area, snow building upon the ground until he dismissed the small blizzard. He eyed the mortals from a quadrupedal stance, letting the silence stretch on. He knew each of them and their business here, so he dismissed the wild dog king and turned to the wolf. The man who desired to be king. The Spirit of Battle stared at him but for a moment before turning to the hyena. "Graeme Olev. You would follow Avestis Grennian if he were a king?" Cyfton asked, already knowing the answer but wanting it said aloud.

He walks. | "He talks."

Grennian
Male
BlackHand King
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
3.5 (3.75) years
Linked Accounts

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018, 08:38 PM by Grennian. Edited 1 time in total.)

☢ Grennian ☢

Don't underestimate the things that I will do
As expected, Graeme followed behind swiftly. It was reassuring that he now did so willingly. Or, at least as Grennian saw it. Distraction came long before the Avatar did. Skull-colored face turned to it. If he had spent more time in Julianna, perhaps as much as Qualopec, he might've remembered the smell of the Kingdom. This Gullborgian king was therefore not particularily distressing to him. A passerby or perhaps another that competed to be bestowed a throne. Regardless, his question would become answered. Not by Grennian, however. The polar bear answered with his sudden chilling apperance. Just as the decrepid wolf was opening his maw to speak, too.

Then, all eyes went to Graeme. Ears pricked in anticipation of his answer.

Post goes here.  “To speak or not to speak?”

Aurelius
Male
Aldrnari King
A. wild dog
© Wynter
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Aurelius Dame-Fritjov

'Cause I'm on top of the world, I'm on top of the world. Waiting on this for a while now, paying my dues to the dirt

Though no direct reply came from the man, the avatar’s appearance made all clear to him. A questions left the divinity not long after he made his presence known, his words directed towards the child that stood by the wolf. The names used by the ursine were ones he had never heard before, but such was far from surprising. He didn’t even know what all from Gullborg were called. The king would forget nothing that reached his ears that day, though.

Turning his attention to the young teen, Aurelius would wait for an answer to come. He doubted the spirit of battle didn’t know what he was soon to reply, but understanding the gods was not what he was here for. Feathers of teal and black re-adjusted themselves to his sides in apparent discomfort. He had nothing to add for now, but he knew questions would come once the hyena came up with an answer to the avatar. Negation would try to activate and stop the anxiety that had been coming along, but failed due to his inexperience with using the spell. Nevertheless, his features remained stoic and his posture well kept. He was not to show insecurity; not to a man who could possibly become king. And one of the lands’ gods, of course.

He was yet not sure on what to do if the man’s plan of forming a realm of his own was successful. Should he inform him of the kingdom and, perhaps, offer their support? Maybe ask if he knew anything about a realm that had been kidnapping those who carried scents not much different from his own. Aurelius was far from sure. Still, he knew presenting Gullgorb as if they were desperate for help would make them come off as weak. Maybe he should just remain silent, after all.

I've been waiting to smile, been holding it in for a while. Take it with me if I can, been dreaming of this since a child

Aurelius wears a silver ring with the "Tiwaz" (warrior) rune carved to it on the second rightmost finger of his right paw. The spellsong can be found just to the left of it. A black leather bracelet can also be found on his fore-right ankle.

Graeme
Male
BlackHand Heir
Hyena
© Ailes
1.25 years
Height: 38 in
AP: 0AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: 136/160lbs

Graeme Olev

There's nothing you can do, I'm gonna run all over you.

Hackles danced out of fear as the sudden cold winds battered his youthful frame for mere moments, pink pads protesting against the instant chill of the snow that gathered upon the stone floor before a gargantuan man was standing before them. What was he?! Vaguely, the child linked his appearance to Sachiko's false-skin that he'd seen her in during the meeting and when she'd asked Mononoke to be her heir. Yet, the child had never been able to figure out what exactly she turned into. The boy's chest puffed as he heard his name being said, a proud grin apparent upon rosy lips. One day, he'd be worthy of carrying it. For now, though, he could at least be proud that he had a right to it in the first place. A nod was offered to accompany his words, ivory skull bobbing as crosshairs focused upon the deity with utter curiosity. The person who had spoke before was nothing special now in the face of this newcomer, no matter the novelty of bearing wings.

"Yeah." The boy would turn to beam towards the skull-faced man that reminded him so much of his lost father. Then, he tilted his head out of curiosity as childish innocence emboldened him and made him turn back towards the wintery being. "What're you?"

The boy lacked hesitation or tact, bold in his approach and eager as he awaited an answer. Ivory haunches would fold beneath his weight until he was sitting comfortably, anticipating being here for longer than he might expect. The snow chilled his rear as he did so but the boy endured it with little complaint. The cold could be seen as an inconvenience to some but Graeme considered it a blessing. The cold beat away the heat of the day, it heralded coming darkness when the sun wouldn't punish him for just existing beneath its rays.

As cold as it was, at least snow didn't make his skin itchy!

Action | Speech | Magic

Psychic - 1/3 | Kinetic - 0/2 | Agile ∞ | Durable ∞ | Persuasive ∞

background from Miss-deviantE & image from Leo Li

Graeme can be a bit of a brat at times. Please understand that his actions and feelings are in no way a reflection of his roleplayer's own feelings. ^^

He wears a necklace composed of a silver chain and a pewter charm grasping an orange-brown gem. On the third toe of his right paw, the boy also possesses a plain black steel ring. Graeme's left ear is decorated with two simple silver metal earrings resembling rings. They are an inch in diameter and about three tenths of an inch thick.

The Avatars
Other
All Powerful
Other
© Staff
∞ years
Height: -
AP: 1,153AP
Linked Accounts

Weight: -

The boy apparently felt a one word answer was sufficient, and Cyfton tore his icy gaze away from him when it became clear he would say no more. Apart from the question. Cyfton had no interest in educating the boy, especially not in the midst of an event dictated by Mother Earth, but this was Avatar Temple. He would answer the question, if only because of where they were. "Avatar Cyfton, the Spirit of Battle," he rumbled, without turning back to the boy. No, he had eyes only for the wolf. "Speak now,, Avestis Grennian, of this ream you wish to create." To prove he had given thought to what he desired to build.

He walks. | "He talks."

Grennian
Male
BlackHand King
Wolf
© Zuulokalhi
3.5 (3.75) years
Linked Accounts

Grennian grinned greatfully at his ward's affirmation. Cyfton then turned to him. Ears momentary wished to flatten at the use of his full name. He bidded them against it. The spirit of Battle, hm? Well, he'd likely enjoy his proposed realm. At least, if everything went well. He wasn't exactly a salesman.
“The realm I propose is the Black Hand. One that caters to those that desire a dark service, but hadn't the stomach to carry it out themselves. We'll be a paid-for-hire hit service. Mercenaries, thieves, and--if necessary--executioners. It will also be a sanctuary for those like me; exiled, shunned, mischievous, and so often misunderstood. They will remain in order or face retribution from the Glaive. This will be my council, but they will also work as enforcers and protectors. The Blades of the Black Hand will be the regular agents and working class. Every person who is of working or council class will receive a partner, known as a brother or sister, who will aide them on missions and keep a close eye on them, while they do the same. They can be shared if there is not an even amount of members. We will value solitude, secrecy, and discretion. Members will need to be reliable and talented, if working class or above, or they'll be of no use to me.”
Pale eyes would stare in the wintery bear's direction when he was finished. Was he to go into more detail than that? About possible laws and the consequences of breaking them? Perhaps what payment methods he required? Well, he summed up the Hand well. If Cyfton requested more information, he would be given it. Needless to say, Grennian was getting antsy. He quieted himself from it, though. Only patience would get him what he wanted.

OC: Woo gross phone reply \o/

Aurelius
Male
Aldrnari King
A. wild dog
© Wynter
2.25 years
Linked Accounts

Aurelius Dame-Fritjov

Aurelius remained quiet as the avatar’s interrogatory began, his ears pinned to his skull as narrowed eyes watched those present. The Black Hand, huh? They didn’t seem like the friendliest of foes. Perhaps they could someday be useful to the kingdom, but what if they were used against them as well? No, as a king, the wild dog could not allow this to advance any further. "Why not tell us more about this ideas of yours, Avetis Grennian?" the man asked, his muzzle wrinkled and hackles high. Stance was already widened and head lowered, his tail arched behind him. Maw would open just in case, as he had no plans of biting the man just yet. The canine wasn’t sure on how the avatar would react to his challenge, but he tried not to bother. He was willing to be cursed if Gullborg was favored in the end.

Trying to get himself right in front of the lupine, a gap of 4 feet between them, Aurelius would simultaneously attempt to activate rend on the male’s right cheek. "Let’s move a little, shall we?" Though a little anxious about the situation, the AWD could not help but allow a smile to form over his lips. He wasn’t sure if using his most powerful spell (explosion) would be a wise choice, as he wasn’t sure if it was strong enough to bring any structures down. He didn’t want to destroy any piece of the temple, as he assumed the place, like other divine lands, was sacred.

Aurelius vs. Grennian
Hostage
Move 1/3
3 days
30 in | 100 lbs
Excellent Health
Full Dodge Unused
4/5 spars won
(with a 6th that’s pending judgement)
Kinetic 0/11 | Necromancy 0/3 | Fire 0/2