Welcome Guest,
Pardon our ads; they're necessary to keep this lovely site running. Thank you for your understanding! Many sites boast a wonderful memberbase, but here at Yavania we pride ourselves on our community. We work hard to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making sure every member and guest is greeted and included in the fun, both OC and IC. Our staff is active, friendly, and always available. Each season we have a lot of fun OC activities that give our players fun/generous rewards, such as raffles, word searches, and crosswords. IC we have many festivals and site-wide events. Check out our Overview Guide and Character Creation (listed to the right) to see what we offer! You can make a vast spectrum of creatures, including but not limited to wolves, tigers, panda bears, leopards, African wild dogs, clouded leopards, ball pythons, and eagles! If the magic system seems overwhelming, don't worry. You do not have to build a character with magic. If you want to, however, we're available to help! Just drop into cbox. ♥
Joining
Season & Time
Fall Year VIII
Oct. 17th - Nov. 30th

Realms

Factions
Valkyrja
Open

AW Threads
- This is for links to [AW] threads only. -

Spotlights
Character
Aurelius
Spirited_Away
Relationship
Grennian & Exposed
Thread
Breakeven [AW]

Census
M F O Total
Canines 57 81 02 140
Felines 61 72 01 134
Herbivores 08 08 01 17
Other Mammals 25 28 00 53
Birds 14 11 00 25
Reptiles 04 02 00 06
Other 03 00 00 03
Spirits 05 04 00 09
Overall 177 206 004 387

Map

Staff
Kaitlyn
Akradr
Ailes
Wynter
Spirited_Away
Z/Sina

Top Sites & Donations

Advertisements
Please disable AdBlock to support Yavania!

All Welcome Not the greatest place to forget

Ailes
Female
Aide
OC Account
© Ailes
15 years
Height: 5' 5"
AP: 107AP
10 Attached Accounts

Weight: 126 lbs

RE: Not the greatest place to forget

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 04:21 AM by Ailes. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Typo )
KEY
10 default total points available per round

Per Round Deductions:
-2 | unrealistic damage
-1 | semi-realistic damage
-1 | damage lacks important detail or clarity
-2 | unrealistic counter
-1 | semi-realistic counter
-1| counter lacks important detail or clarity
-2 | unrealistic attack
-1 | semi-realistic attack
-1 | attack lacks important detail or clarity
-0.5 | per defense missing/not mentioned why missing
-2 | powerplaying/godmoding/metagaming
-1 | attack does not fit spar type

Final Tally:
-1 | opponent's side has 3+ more opponents than your side
+1 | experience advantage (3+ more spars than opponent)
+1 | magic advantage (5+ more spells than opponent)
+1 | size advantage (weight only, 50+ lbs difference)
+0.5 | size advantage (weight only, +20 - 49 lbs difference)
+0.5 | speed advantage < 10 mph faster (see Speed page; only counts for land animal vs land animal)
+1 | speed advantage > 10 mph faster (see Speed page; only counts for land animal vs land animal)
+1 | environment taken into account (per round)
+1 | creativity
+3 | excellent health
+2 | good health
+1 | fair health
+0 | poor health

GRENNIAN

Health: +3
Size Advantage: +0
Speed Advantage: +0
Magical Advantage: +0
Experience: +0
Environment: +3 (R1, R2, R3)
Bonus Total: 6
Move 1 (10)
All defenses set.
Move 2 (8.5)
-0.5 missing defense (widened stance/bent legs)

-1 borderline godmoding

Charm cannot be used in spars due to the fact that it goes against the power's description and effects. ^^ It may only be used outside of spars in order to stop another character from initiating a spar unless the user of the power breaks it. If it's used within a spar, it will merely fail. This is spar strike 0.5/2
Move 3 (10)
All defenses set.
Total:
(34.5)

MYSTERY

Environment: +0 (R1, R2, R3)
Bonus Total: 3
Move 1 (8)
-1 missing defenses (wrinkled muzzle, tail tucked OR raised OR used for balance)

-1 attack lacks important detail or clarity

Where on Razoo's leg is Mystery trying to clamp her jaws around?
Move 2 (8.5)
-0.5 missing defense (tail tucked OR raised OR used for balance)

Where on Cothurnus is Mystery trying to ram her weight? What is Mystery using to ram her weight into Coth? Her shoulder? Her head? ^^
Move 3 (10)
All defenses set.
Total:
(29.5)

RAZOO

Environment: +0 (R1, R2, R3)
Move 1 (4)
-4 missing defenses (narrowed eyes, flattened ears, wrinkled muzzle, raised hackles, bent legs/widened stance, tucked tail OR raised tail OR tail used for balance, lowered head, & opened jaw)

Where is Razoo aiming to grab Aogan's leg? Is he going for the foreleg? The middle of the upper arm?

-1 borderline powerplaying

"So while continuing to side step to the left to avoid a full impact he targeted with his teeth at the wolf's right leg for a grab."

Making this sound closer to an attempt to go for Aogan's leg would've been more appropriate. I still managed to understand that Razoo was trying to go for Aogan's right leg, however, so I only took off one point instead of two. This is spar strike 0.5/2, however. <3
Move 2 (6)
-4 missing defenses (narrowed eyes, flattened ears, wrinkled muzzle, raised hackles, bent legs/widened stance, tucked tail OR raised tail OR tail used for balance, lowered head, & opened jaw)

Note: With the fact that Razoo is trying to run at this point instead of continue the spar, his spar type should be "For Escape" and his move should be "2/3 (Escape Attempt 1/2)". ^^
Move 3 (6)

Note: The spar type should be "For Escape" here and his move should be "3/3 (Escape Attempt 2/2)". <3
Total:
(19)

AOGAN

Health: +1
Environment: +2 (R1, R2, R3)
Move 1 (9)
All defenses set.

-1 unrealistic attack

I'm not sure how Aogan's trying to "mount" Razoo and bite his scruff while Razoo is rolling in the mud. Rolling, to me, means that Razoo's likely on his back. ^^
Move 2 (10)
All defenses set.

Note: It might be best to mention what happened after Aogan's bite instead of immediately jumping to saying that Aogan had an open maw. I'm assuming that Aogan released Razoo and didn't try to keep a grip on his scruff. <3
Move 3 (10)
All defenses set.
Total:
(32)

COTHURNUS

Magical Advantage: +1
Environment: +3 (R1, R2, R3)
Bonus Total: 7
Move 1 (10)
All defenses set.
Move 2 (9)
All defenses set.

How large is the flame wall? The size of the wall can play into the factor of whether or not it can strike both Mystery and Grennian.
Move 3 (9)
All defenses set.

Regardless of the fact that the cinders' intended landings were intentionally left vague, I still took a point off. It's still an unclear attack, be it purposeful or not. ^^ Perhaps it could be vague from Coth's perspective but detailed in the post anyways for the sake of clarity?
Total:
(35)

Verdict: True to the points, it's a tie due to a .5 point difference between Cothurnus and Grennian. ^^

I have to be honest, guys, this spar was fairly confusing because of the amount of characters in it as well as the vagueness here and there that I can see threw off not only me but the other participants as well. Regardless, you guys did manage to keep it clear enough to be mostly understandable and thus judgeable! Big Grin

Zeri, here are a few tips: defenses are incredibly important. As you can see, they racked up quite the penalty when the missing ones were combined! \o/ Additionally, you should always be clear w/ attacks and damage taken. This way, points won't be penalized as long as the attacks and damage taken are realistic. Finally, environment might not seem too important but those three extra points can be the factor between winning and losing a spar! ^^

As a side note, Mystery has suffered some pretty severe injuries in this thread. She will need immediate medical treatment to take care of them. Failure to be provided proper care will result in her death. <3

Mayzee
Female
Spirit
Wolf
© Spirited_Away
3.5 (3.75) years
Height: 40 in
AP: 4AP
19 Attached Accounts

Weight: 155 lbs

Mayzee Godin

Most Days,
I Wander Around Feeling Invisible.
Like A Speck Of Dust Floating In The Air.

Mayzee frowned as the white wolf turned towards her. Calling out that he died before saying that she was his memories. Then said for her to come there and she shook her head and backed up. Float allowing her to travel up another 4. Now floating 6 feet in the air above all the others. She frowned at the wolf and began to speak. ”I really don’t think your female, bud and I’m not your memories or your ghost or whatever. I’m just plain ole me, nothing special here.” She did not want to interact with this man, she had just been here to spectate the fight. Not to get followed or anything which Mayzee truly did not want. If he followed her, she would travel places he couldn’t. Then she would hopefully lose him, but that was only if he followed. Mayzee turned around and hurriedly began walking away.

-exit-
Action | Speech | Spirit Magic

background & wolf

Razoo
Male
Rogue
Wolf
© Zeri
2.25 years
Height: 35in
AP: 28AP
Weight: 150lbs

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2018, 10:42 AM by Razoo.)
//I have no idea who's turn it is but I'm going to post now!

In any case Razoo was not going to try to stick around and ask questions to a bunch of hostile wolves. Even if he made the wrong assumptions, talking to a ghost he could actually hear was the safe option right? Well he had to make the choice right away because the ghost was leaving.

"Wait!" Razoo called out before going after the ghost. Nothing here felt real but the pain from his injuries were very real. This meant that every decision mattered. Without any information he was no doubt on thin ice. Therefore his best chances were to follow that ghost. Razoo was willing to gamble that this will increase his survival chances.

-Exits after Mayzee-